Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
E
Legend
Legend
E
Trump is so stupid.

He launched his social media app (Truth Social) and never bothered to advertise it. So nobody signed up. Then he had a meltdown because it wasn't popular.

Gee I thought a billionaire business man would know that he needs to do advertising. Dumb.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And marketing and branding always seemed to be the one area of commerce he did pretty well, too.

In other news, I thought this was pretty funny. Hopefully some can see the humor. I know many won’t:

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's funny how you find her an embarrassment yet for over four years you were supporting a clown.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

FATE, your girl is at it again. you need to explain to me what a 'lieutenant corporal' is.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It’s one rank above major private.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
3 members like this: oobernoober, mgh888, Swish
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
FATE, your girl is at it again. you need to explain to me what a 'lieutenant corporal' is.

she was speaking Biden

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
It’s one rank above major private.

Hey! Major Private is not a rank, it's just a designation for a certain men.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I don't know how anybody takes her or MGT seriously. Clowns.

O
Legend
Legend
O
It's a lifestyle?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

throw Biden and Giggles in there too.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

she was speaking Biden

Covfefe.

Remember That one,, How about

Hamburder.

When you wanna beat on Biden, remember, you backed a MORON.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot

she was speaking Biden

Covfefe.

Hamburder.

Realistically, I'd like to know why are the 70-80-year-olds generally regarded as unemployable due to mental decline but, they are pretty much singlehandedly making decisions for the country.

1 member likes this: Jester
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a good question that I hadn't seen you bring up until Biden was elected.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's a good question that I hadn't seen you bring up until Biden was elected.

it's mostly because he sounds like a bumbling moron every time he doesn't read the teleprompter.

side note: I would never vote for Trump if he ran in 2024

P
Legend
Legend
P
So Trump didn't sound like a bumbling moron? Come on man. I'm glad to heard you wouldn't support Trump in 2024 although I'm quite surprised by that.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
House Republicans who challenged Biden's win are losing lots of corporate cash
Jason Lange and Andy Sullivan
Wed, March 16, 2022, 6:05 AM·6 min read

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In the days after the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol, dozens of companies said they would suspend political donations to Republican lawmakers who had backed then-President Donald Trump's baseless claims of fraud in the 2020 election.

More than one year later, Republicans in the House of Representatives who voted to challenge the election results have so far collected about half as much corporate cash as they did at this point in the previous election cycle, a Reuters analysis of campaign finance records shows.

By contrast, corporate donations are up about 10% to House Republicans who voted to certify President Joe Biden's victory over Trump.

The results indicate that the corporate boycott is not just limited to the dozens of companies that announced a halt to donations after the attack. Hundreds more have also scaled back their support, the Reuters analysis shows.

The shift illustrates the growing gulf between business interests and the right wing of the Republican Party, which under Trump's presidency grew more anti-establishment and more open to curbs on global trade and technology that would have been anathema in previous years.

"You've got members that are increasingly unmoored from commercial corporate interests and are more responsive to either a small number of very wealthy, deep-pocketed donors, or a large number of culture war-activated base voters," said Jon Lieber, a former staffer for Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell now at the Eurasia Group, an analysis firm.

The drop in corporate donations is unlikely to affect Republican prospects in the November congressional elections. The party is favored to win control of the House and possibly the Senate, in part due to Biden's sagging popularity, and because few Republican incumbents face competitive races of their own.

Reuters analyzed the 2021 campaign finance disclosures of 142 House Republicans who are running for re-election in November and were in office throughout the last election cycle. The analysis included both re-election funds and those raised by leadership committees, which lawmakers use to finance other political activities. The analysis focused on the House of Representatives where most Republicans voted against certifying Biden's victory, compared to only eight Republicans in the Senate.

Fundraising by the House Republicans remains robust - about $200 million in 2021. Both objectors and non-objectors to Biden's win brought in more money than in 2019.

Corporate dollars - which don't come directly from company coffers but are contributed by employees to fundraising groups controlled by the corporations - made up about a tenth of that 2021 amount. Their role in campaign finance has diminished over the last decade as the advent of online fundraising has made it easy to solicit donations from rank-and-file voters.

Lawmakers who objected to Biden's 2020 victory raised around $9 million from corporate groups in 2021, less than half of the roughly $19 million raised in 2019. Corporate money raised by those who did not object rose to about $14 million last year from nearly $13 million in 2019.

NO REGRETS

Even before the Jan. 6 attack, many companies steered clear of some of the most confrontational partisans.

Representative Matt Gaetz, who frequently appeared on cable television to praise Trump, raised only about $30,000 from corporate sources in 2019, out of the $1 million he netted in total.

He took in no money from corporate political action committees (PACs) in 2021 after voting to challenge the election results - but he raised about $4 million overall. His office did not respond to a request for comment.

Others have taken a steeper hit.

Representative Mike Kelly, a senior member of the powerful tax-writing Ways and Means Committee, collected about $460,000 in corporate donations in 2019.

But after the Pennsylvania Republican launched an unsuccessful lawsuit to overturn Biden's victory in his state and voted against certifying the election result on Jan. 6, he took in just over $110,000 in corporate donations last year - about 75% less.

Melanie Brewer, Kelly's campaign manager, said he did not regret his vote.

"While fundraising was difficult for many Republicans in 2021, it was more important that he reflected the values and ideals of his district," she said.

The chamber's top two Republicans, Kevin McCarthy and Steve Scalise, also saw steep drops in their corporate donations after voting against the Jan. 6 results. Neither responded to a request for comment.

However, companies continue to give to Republican election accounts that will help the wider party, helping these accounts keep up with fundraising by Democrats.

The National Republican Congressional Committee raised $140 million overall in 2021, on par with the $146 million raised by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. Both groups raised more in 2021 than in 2019.

TECH, FINANCE FIRMS CUT OFF SUPPORT

The drop in corporate support for those who challenged the election masks significant differences among industries.

Eight of the largest corporate donors ahead of the 2020 election have cut off donations entirely to those who challenged the election results, records show.

Those companies are all in technology, finance or consumer goods - Alphabet Inc's Google, Microsoft Corp, Lowe's Companies Inc, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Corp, Prudential Financial Inc, Citigroup Inc and General Electric Co.

All either did not respond to a request for comment or declined to comment. Most of them announced in early 2021 they were suspending contributions to those who challenged the election results.

Donating to those lawmakers "could really incite a bunch of their key stakeholders - like employees, suppliers, customers and so on," said Russell Crook, an expert on corporate political activity at the University of Tennessee.

Some announced boycotts, only to abandon them.

Walmart Inc, which did not make any contributions in 2021 to the objectors, gave them $10,000 in January, split between McCarthy, Scalise and two others who voted against accepting the results.

Walmart spokesman Randy Hargrove said the company changed its stance because it felt it could better advocate for its interests "by engaging with policymakers from both parties."

By contrast, many defense contractors, whose profits depend on spending decisions made in Congress, have continued their support of all Republicans, whether or not they challenged the election results.

Two of them - Boeing Co and BAE Systems PLC - actually increased their donations to those who voted to challenge the election.

Boeing did not respond to a request for comment and BAE declined to comment.

Rock Holdings Inc, the parent company of mortgage lender Rocket Mortgage, roughly doubled its contribution to objectors in 2021, to at least $97,000. The company did not respond to a request for comment.

Boeing, BAE and Rock also increased donations to those who did not object to the election result.

Some Republican lawmakers reacted angrily last year when corporate representatives told them they would not get their support, according to a Republican strategist who directs business donations to lawmakers.

But those tensions have eased in recent months as Republicans have grown more confident of victory and less interested in picking fights with possible allies, the strategist said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-republicans-challenged-bidens-win-100508402.html

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Legend
Legend
Aren't you the same guy who has posted in the past that often times what happens on a president's watch is greatly impacted by the previous administration? Or does that only apply according to which party gets elected?
Yes, because I'm such a party loyalist.

And of course I've posted that, because it's true. But sometimes I find myself in arguments with people who have selectively taken the "if your butt is in the seat, then you own it" approach... so I adapt. I've gotten to the point where I don't expect any of them to tell the truth or take accountability for anything at all. Biden is no different. The guy has been a career politician almost as long as I've been alive, so I have even less faith in him to take responsibility or accountability for anything. His whole career is built on lying and evading responsibility.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

throw Biden and Giggles in there too.

No I won't. Biden is not perfect, but he doesn't get lumped in with these traitorous twits. Klan mommy MGT and brain dead Boebert are in a league of their own.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Damanshot

she was speaking Biden

Covfefe.

Hamburder.

Realistically, I'd like to know why are the 70-80-year-olds generally regarded as unemployable due to mental decline but, they are pretty much singlehandedly making decisions for the country.

Centrist establishment boomers don't want to give up the reins, and refuse to acknowledge their time is over.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So Trump didn't sound like a bumbling moron? Come on man. I'm glad to heard you wouldn't support Trump in 2024 although I'm quite surprised by that.

Trump did sound like a bumbling moron and realistically, lost the election because he couldn't stop tweeting.

Not sure why you are surprised by that - except that you all tried to assume my political positions.

I am a free-thinker, I read a lot, research a lot, and I don't watch the news ever. I vote how I want to and I don't vote only based on a party.

Legend
Legend
Yes, Trump often times sounded like a rambling, bumbling moron...

Joe Biden was supposed to be the anti-Trump, the elder statesman, the voice of reason, the height of decorum, the polished politician with 50 years of political service and public speaking to convey his message clearly and articulately...

Now we are back to, "Well Trump did it too!!".... thumbsup

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, Biden just wasn't Trump. Sadly we were yet again in a competition between the lesser of two evils. Anyone claiming your explanation is the correct one must have been a fool.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
while the crap is going on in ukraine....

Mississippi governor signs law restricting discussions of race in schools

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississippi-governor-signs-law-restricting-181637735.html

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Taking their lead from Putin. Just make the words illegal to say.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Man these guys are good at penetrating orange skin. lmao. And then this comment added some hilarity.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/17/22 02:43 PM.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Yes, that is a really radical, unamerican proposal!! According to the link it forbids teaching that any sex, race, ethnicity, religion or national origin is inherently superior or inferior”. Wow!!! How will we make progress if we cannot teach black children they are victims of the white oppressor and white children that they should be guilt ridden apologists for previous centuries. How stupid is that headline that says the law prevents discussion of race. Not true at all.

You guys need to find something real to bitch about instead of made up stuff.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You mean your crazy post actually means we can't teach American history. Thanks.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
White nationalist Nick Fuentes praised Putin for trying to 'liberate Ukraine' 2 weeks after GOP lawmakers attended an event he hosted

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alt-figure-nick-fuentes-praised-031121910.html

Ahh yes, the racist conference where we had elected officials attending.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
White nationalist Nick Fuentes praised Putin for trying to 'liberate Ukraine' 2 weeks after GOP lawmakers attended an event he hosted

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alt-figure-nick-fuentes-praised-031121910.html

Ahh yes, the racist conference where we had elected officials attending.
Look on the bright side, they are working really hard to distance themselves from unsavory people like Mitt Romney... because they hate "Rinos" far more than they hate actual racists.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here are the 8 House Republicans who voted against suspending normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus
Bryan Metzger
Thu, March 17, 2022, 4:53 PM·3 min read

The House of Representatives passed a bill to suspend normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus.

Eight House Republicans voted against the bill on Thursday.

Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, and Thomas Massie were among them.

The House of Representatives passed a bill on Thursday to suspend normal trade relations with both Russia and Belarus amid the war in Ukraine.

The Suspending Normal Trade Relations with Russia and Belarus Act, which passed by a 424-8 margin, allows President Joe Biden to increase tariffs on products coming from the two countries and requires the US Trade Representative to seek suspension of Russia's participation in the World Trade Organization.

The legislation must now pass the Senate and be signed by Biden to be enacted into law.

This move comes one day after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's address to Congress, and a week after the House also voted to enact tougher sanctions on Russia and ban the importation of oil from the country. Seventeen members of Congress, overwhelmingly Republicans, voted against that measure.

Belarus, though not the primary aggressor in the current conflict, is a close ally of Moscow and has allowed its territory to be used by Russian troops for staging invasions.

While Congress has been relatively unified in calling for Russia to be punished and for the US to support Ukraine, some on the right flank of the party have adopted a different tactic. Rep. Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina faced criticism from members of the GOP after he called Zelenskyy a "thug" at an event with constituents.

Here are the eight Republicans who voted against the bill on Thursday:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia

Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida

Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado

Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky

Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona

Rep. Dan Bishop of North Carolina

Rep. Glenn Grothman of Wisconsin

Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

Most are on the right flank of the Republican Party, and are among the most loyal supporters of former President Donald Trump.

Greene, for her part, bemoaned in a Thursday floor speech that "all we're hearing on the news is Ukraine" and claimed that "Washington seems to care more about sending our sons and daughters to a potential war" than more pressing domestic issues.

Biden has repeatedly pledged not to send Americans troops to Ukraine.

—Acyn (@Acyn) March 17, 2022

Massie told Insider in an email that "this bill allows Biden and future Presidents to sanction virtually anyone they choose anywhere on the globe without Congressional approval," which he later tweeted about as well.

—Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) March 17, 2022

Boebert told Insider in an email that Congress "keeps focusing on distractions abroad and not our own challenges brought on by Joe Biden at home," adding that she believed the bill had "bad language" that could empower Biden to sanction people who "simply hold traditional views of life and family and restrict access to abortion."

Roy told Insider via email that he would've supported the bill if targeting Russia and Belarus were the sole focus, but he took issue with the legislation because it would "permanently empower the President with the unilateral authority to issue sanctions against anyone who he deems responsible for an undefined 'serious human rights abuse.'"

Insider has reached out to the other House Republicans' offices for comment as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/8-house-republicans-voted-against-205346735.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sadly they have nothing to say about these asshats but are still droning on about Hunters laptop.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
Yes, that is a really radical, unamerican proposal!! According to the link it forbids teaching that any sex, race, ethnicity, religion or national origin is inherently superior or inferior”. Wow!!! How will we make progress if we cannot teach black children they are victims of the white oppressor and white children that they should be guilt ridden apologists for previous centuries. How stupid is that headline that says the law prevents discussion of race. Not true at all.

If you don't like the part you may have played in history, simple, make it illegal to discuss it.. As for Made Up Stuff... Try Critical Race Theory.. That is another way of saying, HISTORY..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia

I'll ask you the same question that was asked of another poster by another poster:
"Can you feel Tucker Carlson's arm up your bum while your lips are moving?"

rolleyes
sheesh.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

House passes Crown Act banning discrimination against Black hairstyles

Crown stands for Creating a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair. The Crown Act prohibits "discrimination based on an individual's texture or style of hair."

The House on Friday passed the Crown Act, which would ban hair-related discrimination.

The measure, H.R. 2116, passed in a vote of 235-189 along party lines. It was introduced by Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, D-N.J.

Crown stands for Creating a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair, and the act prohibits "discrimination based on an individual's texture or style of hair." The bill now goes to the Senate.

The legislation states that "routinely, people of African descent are deprived of educational and employment opportunities" for wearing their hair in natural or protective hairstyles such as locs, cornrows, twists, braids, Bantu knots, or Afros.

"Here we are today, standing on behalf of those individuals — whether my colleagues on the other side recognize it or not — who are discriminated against as children in school, as adults who are trying to get jobs, individuals who are trying to get housing, individuals who simply want access to public accommodations and to be beneficiaries of federally funded programs," Watson Coleman said in remarks on the House floor Friday morning.

This demonstrates the bill's necessity, she said, because there are people in positions of authority "who think because your hair is kinky, it is braided, it is in knots or it is not straight and blonde and light brown, that you somehow are not worthy of access to those issues."

"Well," she added, "that's discrimination."

"There's no logical reason that anyone should be discriminated against on any level because of the texture of their hair or the style of their hair," Watson Coleman said.

Without naming him, she referred to Andrew Johnson, a Black varsity high school wrestler in New Jersey with dreadlocks who was forced in 2018 to make a choice: cut his hair or forfeit his match.

"This bill is vitally important," she said. "It's important to the young girls and the young boys who have to cut their hair in the middle of a wrestling match in front of everyone because some white referee says that your hair is inappropriate to engage in your match."

The Biden administration this week said it "strongly supports" the Crown Act and "looks forward to working with the Congress to enact this legislation and ensure that it is effectively implemented." More than a dozen states, including New Jersey and New York, have passed versions of the Crown Act. California was the first state to do so.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, a Democrat from Maryland, told his colleagues Friday that the bill should have unanimous support. Fourteen Republicans voted for the bill.

"Our military took steps to end hair discrimination last year," said Hoyer, who is white. "If anybody thinks this isn't a real issue, obviously the military thought it was an issue. And it was an important enough issue they took action."

He said it was disappointing that 188 Republicans opposed the legislation when it was recently brought to the floor under an expedited process. Like Watson Coleman, other proponents of the bill mentioned a number of children — directly and indirectly — who drew national attention after they were reprimanded for wearing their hair in braids, dreadlocks or other protective styles.

Before a vote was taken, a number of Black and African American legislators spoke of having been discriminated against because of their hair.

"As a Black woman who loves my braids, I know what it's like to feel isolated because of how I wear my hair," Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., said on the House floor. "This is the last time we say no more to Black people being made to feel like we have to straighten our hair to be deemed professional."

Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., said someone had told a previous employer that she was "an embarrassment" because of the way her hair looked.

She accused some of her colleagues, such as Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, of avoiding a conversation about discrimination that disproportionately affects Black people. Jordan said Friday that he wanted to focus on gas prices, inflation and issues of importance "to the American people" and accused Democrats of distracting from those issues.

In response to Jordan's remarks, Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, said: "Black people are American people, too. And when you say the American people don't want it, you cannot exclude Black people. Black people would have this be on the floor. This is a kitchen table issue in Black households."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...iscrimination-black-hairstyles-rcna20617

vote of 235-189 along party lines... What do republicans have against black people's hair? Hmm…

Legend
Legend
What do republicans have against black people's hair? Hmm…

It sits atop Black heads.
-and we won't let them touch it.

wink

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A black girl I used to work with once said to me, you know I really like you because I let you touch my hair.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I dont understand black peoples hair enough to descriminate against it.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
My mileage varies.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I dont understand black peoples hair enough to descriminate against it.

Hmm… and here I imagined you with braids. lol. I guess I had the image wrong.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

wink

E
Legend
Legend
E
Black people would never let their hair look like that.

No Craps Given
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.4

Link Copied to Clipboard