M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Mayfield misses OBJ so maybe he goes to the Rams to miss him there too.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

It would be great if Watson wasn't suspended.

Maybe we can talk about what he brings to the team on the field?

Some Positives:

I questioned his accuracy in college, but he has proven to be an accurate passer of the football in the NFL. He is very adept at throwing on the run or from the pocket. He throws a nice deep ball. He finds seams in the zone while scrambling to his right. He avoids sacks and is hard to bring down despite his slight frame. He can run for first downs when needed. This one is very important---he can throw for first downs on 3rd down. He can overcome a bad play call or a good defensive call by his ability to create. Guys don't have to be exactly where the play told them to go. Watson is able to read the defense to make sight adjustments if the receiver makes them too. We have not seen things like that here in Cleveland. He has always been held in high regard by his teammates and other players, whether they be former or current players.

Some Negatives:

He does have a slight build and he runs quite a bit. He can hold the ball too long and take some sacks, but he has never played behind an OL like the one we have. Some folks are going to hate him no matter what transpires in court. That could have a negative affect on him and the organization.

Summary:

I am excited about seeing him on the field. I thought we had no chance to win the Super Bowl after I saw what transpired at the QB position in the AFC last year and w/R. Wilson coming over. He gives us a chance. I do wish he could have played w/the 2020 group. We had the best roster in the entire league and I think by a fairly significant margin. I think that Watson can be our answer at QB for the next 10--15 years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Time served?

I'm with you Vers, on being wrong on Watson.

I think that we (I know that I was) where so confident in Mahomes falling to us, before KC jumped ahead of us ... so much so that Watson wasn't even considered (shock of defeat?) with our selection ... he got away from us once, but now we turn the page.

[Linked Image]

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
As expected, clips are leaked from Deshaun Watson deposition

Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2022, 9:04 PM EDT
link

The deposition testimony developed to date in the 22 Deshaun Watson civil cases aren’t subject to any type of protective order restricting their release to the media. As a result, a portion of Watson’s swornn testimony has been leaked to the media. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the leak was made by lawyer Tony Buzbee, who represents the 22 plaintiffs.

The edited clips given by Buzbee to Fox 8 in Cleveland (link below)

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1508864371895713799?s=20&t=B8V_alR2O4HVa67nijsugg

...undoubtedly were intended to make Watson look bad. For example, the clips include an admission from Watson that he didn’t tell the Texans or his personal trainer that he was arranging private massages through social media.

Then there’s this objectively implausible exchange, regarding one of the specific massage therapists.

Q: Did you find her attractive?

A: That wasn’t my intention, sir.

Q: I didn’t ask you what your intentions were.

A: I can’t answer that. I have a girlfriend, so that wasn’t my intention, sir.

Q: So you can’t answer that because you have a girlfriend?

A: Because that’s not what I was looking for.

Q: What did you want from her?

A: Just a massage.

Apart from the fact that having a girlfriend doesn’t prevent Watson from concluding that a given massage therapist was attractive to him, the “I have a girlfriend” logic collapses when considering that attorney Rusty Hardin admitted last April that some of the massage sessions arranged by Watson became consensual sexual encounters. Unless each of those occurred at a time when Watson didn’t have a girlfriend, the entire line of questioning harms his credibility.

In these cases, Watson’s credibility becomes critical. He faces 22 civil claims that boil down to he said/she said disputes of fact, with no witnesses in the room to break the tie. Watson’s overall believability must be impeccable.

Although the clip leaked to Fox 8 likely is the worst snippet Buzbee could harvest, it’s problematic. And it’s an indication that Watson allowed the temptation to engage in swordplay with the opposing lawyer to overcome his primary obligation to tell the truth in response to each and every question asked, and to leave it to his lawyer to try to secure a victory based on a record of testimony that, from Watson, represents the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

If Watson can be characterized as having told something other than the truth on any relevant topic, it becomes more difficult to convince a neutral jury that he’s telling the truth when he denies 22 different allegations of wrongdoing.

Of course, the credibility of the alleged victims becomes critical, too. To date, their testimony hasn’t been leaked.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Published March 29, 2022

WATCH: Deshaun Watson deposition video surfaces, leads to more questions

Vincent Frank
link

New Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson might have avoided criminal prosecution stemming from the north of 20 women accusing him of sexual misconduct.

Even then, Watson is still the defendant in 22 civil cases related to allegations of misconduct.

Once a grand jury in Harris County, Texas, opted against recommending criminal charges against the Pro Bowl quarterback, multiple NFL teams jumped at the idea of acquiring him from the Houston Texans.

Once a grand jury in Harris County, Texas, opted against recommending criminal charges against the Pro Bowl quarterback, multiple NFL teams jumped at the idea of acquiring him from the Houston Texans.

The attorney for the women claiming misconduct/assault on the part of Deshaun Watson, Tony Buzbee, was at times confrontational in the leaked desposition. That’s not a surprise.

However, Watson’s responses and the revelation that he did not tell the Texans about these massage appointments has to be considered telling.

In particular, the revelation that Watson allegedly posted on social media that he was in New York City at the same time the Pro Bowl quarterback was getting a massage in Texas is damning.

One other aspect of the deposition stands out, too. Watson admitted he had no idea whether these masseuses were trained or licensed in the field. Why put yourself out like that? Either way, we recommend you watch the entire video and draw your own conclusion.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Deshaun Watson deposition video proves drama isn’t going away

https://sportsnaut.com/deshaun-watson-deposition-video/

The Browns’ press conference announcing their acquistion of Watson this past Friday was not a great look. It didn’t seem like either the quarterback or the organization prepared for the onslaught of questions that were going to be headed their way by the media in Cleveland.

At one point, Watson referenced his upbringing in denying that he’s ever disrespected a woman.

“I understand these allegations are serious. I never assaulted any woman. I’ve never disrespected any woman. I was raised to be genuine and to respect everyone around me.”

Deshaun Watson during press conference (March 25, 2022)
Somehow, Watson wants us to believe that he wouldn’t disrespect a woman because he was raised by a single mother and two aunts.

Regardless of everything, Watson has not been charged (and won’t be charged) in criminal court. He’s obviously innocent until proven guilty. Even if the civil cases conclude in a manner that makes him look bad, this still rings true.

In no way does that mean Watson is free from the dogma of being an accused sexual predator. The NFL operates under the guise of its own jusice system and could still very well opt to hand down a lengthy suspension in the direction of Watson.

Related: Deshaun Watson and NFL’s highest-paid QBs

“Any transaction would have no effect on the NFL’s ongoing and comprehensive investigation of the serious allegations against Deshaun Watson. Nor would it affect his status under the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Personal Conduct Policy.

“If the league’s investigation determines that Watson violated the Personal Conduct Policy, discipline may be imposed pursuant to the policy and the CBA.”

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy on Deshaun Watson’s standing
With the NFL still investigating Watson, videos of these depositions becoming public record is not going to paint him in the best of lights when it comes to the powers that be in New York City. That’s for sure.

As for the Browns, they yielded three first-round picks and change to Houston for Watson while handing the quarterback a record-breaking $230 million guaranteed in cold hard cash.

The organization knew that had to come with risk, including further information surfacing relating to the allegations against their new franchise quarterback.

M
Legend
Legend
M
There is going to be a constant drip-drip-drip of articles and "news" on the civil cases between now and beginning of the season ... hell, it's going to be ongoing until the civil cases are over, which may not be till well into or after the season. While I get that these potentially have an impact on the Browns, the projected starting QB and our upcoming season - I think anything related specifically to the criminal cases needs to be in a different part of the board. We're at saturation point already - and it's a contentious issue that would be better served being discussed outside of the 'pure football' section. Just my 2 cents.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Watson should just come out and make a statement that he likes to hire prostitutes and it’s none of anyones business. That’d make for a good news day.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: TrooperDawg
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I don't have any issue with how he answered those questions. Especially since Buzbee would never ask that question to his clients. The whole question was a setup to take Watson down a path and make him look like a Predator. And I believe Watson handled it well. I definitely believe Watson has better representation than the alleged victims.

I have heard from credible sources (lawyers) that if he wins the first of these civil trials, they would not be surprised if the rest could very well be dropped.

But the other thing I have heard though is that over 98% of civil suits are settled. Because there is so much uncertainty when you get a 12 member jury involved. It will definitely cost more in the short term to Watson if he does not settle as he stated. But if he were to win, the long term boost to his reputation could outweigh that. Even though in this day and age there will be people who won't exonerate him regardless off the outcome of these trials (there will be some who won't condemn him as well). I think if he settles, if will be taken as an admission of guilt. That is the society we have today. But if he doesn't settle and loses...That could have a huge consequences.

I haven't made a decision on this matter. The sheer number of accusers is very alarming. The method of obtaining these "massages" is certainly suspect. And the sheer number of people he allows to handle this part of his therapy routine is obviously off.

But I also feel that 2 Grand Juries refusing to indict is extremely important. As the indictment process is so one sided. There is no defense presented in this process. And both Juries said there was no crime committed. No rape, no assault (sexual or otherwise), no solicitation for sex, no extortion or threats. The timing of all of this is very suspect as well as the connections, ESPECIALLY the Lead Attorney Buzbee. This guy is a real scumbag. I would not be surprised if Buzbee's entire plan has nothing to do with any criminal charges (although he would take that gamble as he lose nothing by having the women press for criminal charges) but is solely on the civil cases because of the settlement rate. Just by making the accusation he gets paid...And also, from the beginning Watson has been consistent while his accusers have not. These are important things to consider.

None of this tells us what really happened. And if Watson does win. Outside of a small part of his reputation, what will he gain? Counter-suing will get him nowhere. These women have no money. (and a civil suit is always about money for damages). Unless he can prove a conspiracy theory concerning the Texans ownership and Buzbee...there is no one to sue. And if Watson settles...he will be labeled a predator by social standards despite not by legal ones. And if he loses....woah boy....

This is why I refuse to condemn him until this plays out. We are playing a very dangerous game. Watson's life is forever changed for the worse just with an accusation. That is a lot of power. And although hokey and cliché. "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility". And I refuse to give into emotion when wielding that power. If it is shown that Watson committed these acts (or is responsible for these acts)...then so be it...he deserves to be ostracized as a predator. But if nothing can be proven, he also deserves to have a clear name despite the fact that that will never happen.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I've tried to be realistic about Watson's situation, realizing that simply escaping criminal charges in the two counties in Texas...that does not end the entire case. Watson will have to conclude the 20 or so civil suites he is facing and if Watson is determined to fight those cases in an effort to restore his reputation, that process could take a long time.

Here is a video from the Rich Eisen show yesterday, with Eisen discussing with Mike Florio some of what Watson might be facing in the near future.

One of my concerns and a question I have asked..are there more cases that could materialize?

In my research, with limited access to information, I found two more potential situations that might become an issue that Watson and his lawyers might have to deal with.

Reading the Timeline noting the various cases against Watson, there was one case that originated from California and another case from Georgia. What is the status of these two cases and could Watson face criminal charges in both states, just as he did in Texas..?

...maybe Watson's lawyers have already taken care these cases, but I can't find any information confirming that.

As much as some want to see all of Watson's issues disappear, the truth is Watson's problems are not over until the lawyers say they are over.

M
Legend
Legend
M

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Never been a big Florio Fan...but couldn't say anything against what he was saying. It was very pragmatic and thoughtful. Now we don't know how much detail the Browns have. There will always be some doubt...but what he says about them wanting to be comfortable moving forward is definitely spot on. Maybe they have details maybe they don't...The moving forward angle is probably the more important aspect of the decision from a business standpoint. But I certainly agree with not having contact with the accusers angle. It definitely would have been considered tampering. Especially in the case of signing him. (as all of this took place before the signing). But everything he said about the Watson situation is certainly plausible (and likely)...And frankly, I wonder if there could be legal ramifications concerning the exempt list. Because it would essentially FORCE settlements...which publicly looks like an admission of guilt. That is like saying your employer negatively intervened in your legal process without your consent.

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but if that's the worst of the deposition (and that's my assumption considering it was leaked by Buzbee), then that's not damning at all. It's actually makes Watson look good (I say 'good' in relative terms), since his defense has been that the encounters were consensual.

To be clear... Deshaun Watson isn't on trial for being a creep. IMO, that 'trial' has long since been over and done with (definitely guilty).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, I think the NFL opens itself up to litigation by Watson's lawyers IF he is disciplined in anyway under the personal conduct policy. If they do anything more than they did to Robert Kraft- billionaire caught in Florida filmed "illegally" performing sex acts at a massage parlor.....he was not disciplined in any way. He stated he didn't do anything illegal......sound familiar. DW is human, only he and God know what really happened. The NFL can't punish him without HUGE LEGAL fees and issues. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
That sounds great in theory but first you may wish to look at the rules the NFL has in place that the players contractually agree to play by. You can't sign a contract that gives the NFL the power to arbitrarily make these determinations despite the lack of a conviction and then call foul when they do. That's not how any of this works.

You may wish to look at the NFL personal conduct policy. It makes their decision legal and binding from a contractual stanpoint.

Personal Conduct Policy League Policies for Players
PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY
League Policies for Players

https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Roger Goodell no longer has final say on whether Deshaun Watson violated NFL's personal conduct policy

Charles Robinson·NFL columnist
Tue, March 29, 2022, 9:47 PM
link

PALM BEACH, Fla. — Deshaun Watson won’t be going on the NFL commissioner’s exempt list while the league investigates 22 civil lawsuits pending against the Cleveland Browns quarterback. Instead, any suspension or fine for Watson — if the NFL believes punishment is warranted — will be settled at the conclusion of the league's ongoing probe.

But there’s a sizable change awaiting Watson that stems from the collective bargaining agreement renewed in 2020: Commissioner Roger Goodell won’t be the person determining if Watson violated the personal conduct policy.

According to a source familiar with the league’s process under the new CBA, that decision is expected to be placed in the hands of former U.S. District Court Judge Sue Robinson, who has been chosen by the NFL and NFL Players Association to act as an impartial arbitrator in disciplinary cases like Watson’s. Goodell briefly referenced the policy change Tuesday while he was discussing the Watson probe during his closing remarks at the league’s annual spring meetings.

Prior to the new CBA, Goodell had the ability to unilaterally suspend players but the league ultimately chose any appeals officer.

Here's how NFL's new disciplinary process can work in Deshaun Watson's favor
That’s a sizable change for players, and the NFL’s probe into Watson appears to be the highest-profile case to go through the new system.

“We now have, obviously, at least resolution from the criminal side of [Watson’s legal cases],” Goodell said Tuesday, referring to a pair of Texas grand juries that declined to indict Watson on criminal sexual misconduct charges earlier this month. “There [are] still civil charges that are going on. So our investigators hopefully will have access to more information. That will be helpful in getting to the conclusion of what are the facts and was there a violation of the personal conduct policy. But that determination will be made by a joint disciplinary officer that was established by the NFLPA and the NFL. She will make that decision when the facts are all in. We’ll see. There’s no timeframe on that.”

While the process is set up to send cases to an independent arbitrator, the change favors Watson in at least one sense: The league no longer has the sole ability to determine whether a personal conduct violation occurred. Instead, the NFL must come to its own determination and then have a third party weigh the evidence and testimony collected by the league and NFLPA, at which point judgment is rendered.

Once that happens, Watson’s disciplinary scenarios could go like this:

If the NFL determines no personal conduct policy violation occurred, he faces no discipline and moves on.

If the independent arbitrator determines no personal conduct policy violation occurred, Watson faces no punishment and moves on. Per the CBA, the NFL cannot appeal this decision from the arbitrator.

If the independent arbitrator determines a personal conduct violation occurred, the arbitrator can ultimately determine the punishment for the infraction. If the NFL disagrees with the punishment, the league can appeal it to Goodell, who ultimately has a significant measure of power over the process once it’s agreed that a violation took place.

What this means is that Watson’s future will first rest in the hands of an arbitrator. After that, if it’s found that a violation of the personal conduct policy occurred, his punishment will ultimately rest in the hands of the NFL and Goodell.

Roger Goodell explains why Watson won't go on commish exempt list
Watson’s potential suspension — or any other possible elements of punishment — is unlikely to be hashed out anytime soon. Instead, the only clarity provided Tuesday was that Watson won’t be going on the commissioner’s exempt list, which is effectively a form of paid leave during a criminal investigation.

Watson was eligible to go on the commissioner’s exempt list last season as the Houston Police Department sorted through complaints against him, but the league was never forced to take that step after Watson and the Houston Texans effectively agreed to his benching during the entirety of the 2021 season. Now he won’t face the prospect of the exempt list in 2022, either.

“The civil cases were in play over the last year,” Goodell said Tuesday. “The only thing that’s changed is the criminal element has been at least resolved, and that was an important element in the context of the commissioner exempt list as discussed with the Players Association. … If the criminal [complaints] had proceeded, that more than likely would have triggered the commissioner exempt. I think at this point, the civil case in and of itself would not do that. If there’s a violation of the personal conduct policy … that more than likely [will] trigger some kind of discipline in some fashion.”

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Second sentence seems clear to me.....AND...if the owner isn't disciplined for actual sex at a massage parlor.....how can a player in a he said/she said situation be disciplined......they'll be sued big time over unequal treatment. I get "they can do what they want"....just saying, really? DW could actually be completely innocent and I thought that was our justice system....NO? Go Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
the NFL is not "the justice system". And in case you missed it, Jerry Jones was not accused of assaulting or any sexual impropriety by anyone at the massage parlor. You're trying to make a comparison here that does not exist.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Opposing attorney leaks video that paints DW in bad light? That's a move of desperation. He's trying to taint public opinion about DW. If his case is so strong, why do that? So I'm not putting any stock into these leaks. Just let it all play out. That's what I'm sticking to for now. I want to root for him on Sundays, but only if he comes out relatively clean. If it turns out he's guilty across the board, I might have to find a new team while he's in Cleveland. That will be 50 years of fandom down the drain. That would suck.

I expect him to be a young man and couldn't care less about the sex or if he cheated on his girl. And if any of these girls prove he forced them into anything sexual, not talked them into, but physically forced, then I'm done with him and the Browns while he's here. So, my line of thinking is that I don't really care about what he did with willing women or women who went along for the money. But if they said no, and he forced them, then that is unacceptable to me in any way. I think this is a reasonable position.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: Tackman
O
Legend
Legend
O
The thing that I'm trying to prepare myself for, though, is that we're never going to get a definitive answer to your question (and for me, your question is the one that really matters because it cuts through any and all legal, fake morality BS and gets to the heart of the issue).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
We'll see. I'm leaning toward him being innocent of forcing sex on these women until solid proof of him doing otherwise. I can't get past him not being willing to settle at this point, and wanting to completely clear his name. You just don't stick to those guns with a 230+ million dollar career on the line, unless you have stones the size of Everest, OR are actually not guilty of what you are being accused of doing.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/30/22 03:04 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
j/c...

The Rog was pretty vague in his statements about a possible suspension. I wonder if any suspension would be postponed to 2023 if the court cases drag into the season?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
It is starting to feel like the Browns know something the rest of us don't. I know it is hard to reconcile his innocence with the sheer number of women making the complaint, but if there are no criminal charges, no evidence and this is the most damning stuff from his deposition, I think he is going to be playing in September. If it plays out that way, I'll have no trouble rooting for him.

All Pro
All Pro
Just like the Browns FO was expecting.

Sooner or later the Browns supporters will do whatever it takes to convince themselves that DeShaun Watson is a model citizen. At this point the question among many of the them isn’t if he’s guilty or not, it’s more about why in the fkng hell is it a a civil law suit in the first place?

There is a conspiracy!
These 22 women is lying because they’re either gold diggers and glorified ho(cc)ers, right?
Whatever he has done is nobody’s business and so on.
Why believe in women? Crazy, isn’t it.

This charade will go on until the s h i t hit the fan and reality sets in. To resolve 22 different law suits will take a long time, innocent or guilty doesn’t matter. The lawyer of these 22 women will make the fire continue burning for as long as it takes for him to reach a result. Public opinion matters. Peoples minds will go back and forth until everyone is just tired and unfortunately for the Browns until this is solved one way or another then Watson probably can’t play in the NFL.

Secondly. I’m seriously start to question Andrew Berry’s judgement. $230m guaranteed money! And he’s a master in negotiating? Maybe not available in 2022!? No settlement and they still giving a questionable QB a monster contract unheard off without knowing the final verdict. ‘Comfortable with what we know” my a s s.

Listening to the Ravens owner made me even more convinced that this deal isn’t as good as the Browns painted it out to be. On top of this his handling of Mayfield. Whatever I think of Baker and his sometimes childish behavior it’s clear that our GM fkd it up by trying being over smart. How about being honest and straight forward. Just saying. You know not just talking in vague riddles and expect others to read your hopeful intentions and between the lines. Whatever lame excuse the FO is making there is 18,8m reasons to believe they s c r e w it and 31 other NFL teams seems to think th e same.

This saga isn’t over yet. It has just only begun.

And btw. I think Watson is miles better then Baker and that he will probably succeed at some point but it will cost a fortune and it will cement that people still think that this organizations FO is a walking cluster f*ck.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think there is a thread in the Tailgate forum discussing the off-the-field situation w/Watson.

From a football standpoint, the Browns went from 35-1 odds of winning the Super Bowl to 16 to 1. I am almost positive that that is the biggest jump that any team has made this off-season. Having a great qb is imperative in today's NFL. The Browns went from having one of the worst to one of the best and Las Vegas took notice.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You pronounced him quilty before being proven quilty and now throw stones at prople who believe that we are innocent until proven guilty.

We have a name for that....

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Driving 30 min in Houston isn't weird... traffic here sucks.... taking his own towl is a bit strange and I can't figure out why he'd do that..

<><

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I think there is a thread in the Tailgate forum discussing the off-the-field situation w/Watson.

From a football standpoint, the Browns went from 35-1 odds of winning the Super Bowl to 16 to 1. I am almost positive that that is the biggest jump that any team has made this off-season. Having a great qb is imperative in today's NFL. The Browns went from having one of the worst to one of the best and Las Vegas took notice.

Agree, Watson has a good arm/ There I tried to start it back.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jaybird
Driving 30 min in Houston isn't weird... traffic here sucks.... taking his own towl is a bit strange and I can't figure out why he'd do that..

He has a favorite detergent and finds the scent relaxing. He doesn't want to get sweat or massage oil on his car seats. He likes being able to clean up and take any evidence with him. Massage therapists offer him discounts if he leaves them a souvenir. He had a past massage giver only have nasty towels or no towels available.

There are a lot of possible reasons.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just a statement from the other side. There actually is another side to this story.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deshau...etending-qb-innocent-evil-185509868.html

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
JMHO, I think the NFL opens itself up to litigation by Watson's lawyers IF he is disciplined in anyway under the personal conduct policy. If they do anything more than they did to Robert Kraft- billionaire caught in Florida filmed "illegally" performing sex acts at a massage parlor.....he was not disciplined in any way. He stated he didn't do anything illegal......sound familiar. DW is human, only he and God know what really happened. The NFL can't punish him without HUGE LEGAL fees and issues. Go Browns!!!

I like your thinking on this. Kraft did roughly the same thing,,, Slap on the wrist.. I just don't see how they can hold the players to a higher standard than the owners.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by hitt

I like your thinking on this. Kraft did roughly the same thing,,, Slap on the wrist.. I just don't see how they can hold the players to a higher standard than the owners.
Not to mention Kraft was even on video, which was conveniently ordered to be destroyed. If they suspend a young black man that two grand juries declined to indict while allowing a rich white guy to go unpunished will open the flood gates for more racist commentary for the NFL, and I'm not sure thats something that they want to do.. On the flip side I think everyone is expecting a suspension to satisfy the call for blood. I'm sure if the NFL doesn't suspend him there will still be those that think he's still guilty. Best thing that can happen is he just gets to move on and "atone" by his actions moving forward. I think if he does get suspended I think the NFL will do so with the intention of reducing the "sentence" in a compromise for both sides

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
My understanding (which could be wrong) was that Watson's situation isn't as cut-and-dry as Kraft's.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by steve0255

Did a victim "speak out?"

Or did her private message get made public by someone else's virtue signaling?

If Jim Thome's wife wants to cancel her tickets, fine. I don't think the NFL/Brown's need my money either. Framing this as a victim speaking out feels like a stretch, though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jaybird
.... taking his own towl is a bit strange and I can't figure out why he'd do that..

To make sure your DNA comes homes with you and isn't left behind!

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Just an outside thought....
I am not liking the continued use of the word "comfortable" in all of the press releases. It is obviously the coached in word by PR. But it has no strength to it. Especially, when they say they "Had to get comfortable" or "become comfortable".

When they do 5 months of research, and investigations. Hiring PI's, speaking with Law Enforcement, reading depositions....Is the word you want to hear is "comfortable".

It just doesn't sit completely right with me. I might prefer "I feel assured that this is a good decision for our team." or "I have faith that, given the chance, Deshaun will provide a strong role in the growth of our community.

Having to "get comfortable" feels more like you don't like your Aunt's side dish at Thanksgiving but are ok with stomaching it to make her feel better...Or that you hate your Pink Bunny Suit Pajamas you got for Christmas, but will wear it when you Aunt comes in to town.

Again...just a thought...It has no bearing on the cases...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by steve0255

Did a victim "speak out?"

Or did her private message get made public by someone else's virtue signaling?

If Jim Thome's wife wants to cancel her tickets, fine. I don't think the NFL/Brown's need my money either. Framing this as a victim speaking out feels like a stretch, though.

Also, anyone could have sent that DM to Thome's wife. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Continued.....

Link Copied to Clipboard