Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
Thome's wife needs to go away...maybe root for pittsburgh, seem to like that area better....maybe she can get Philly season tickets

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
Everyone is entitled to their feelings. It's kind of funny that she would put this all out there and then come back with "I'm not doing media on this". Too late, honey... but whatever. What Thome's wife does with her season tix has no bearing on me either way. I'll just wait for more info.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by jaybird
.... taking his own towl is a bit strange and I can't figure out why he'd do that..

To make sure your DNA comes homes with you and isn't left behind!

Or you just want to be sure it is a clean towel and she doesn't give you one already soiled.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I have no idea why one would prefer a towel over whatever else, but the one therapist that spoke out for him said she told him to do that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Thome's wife needs to go away...maybe root for pittsburgh, seem to like that area better....maybe she can get Philly season tickets

Your comment and those like them and the attitude you expressed are exactly who she was talking about. She's allowed an opinion just like you. She's allowed to express it just like you. She should not be pillarized because of it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Damanshot
I like your thinking on this. Kraft did roughly the same thing,,, Slap on the wrist.. I just don't see how they can hold the players to a higher standard than the owners.

What women accused Kraft of sexual misconduct allegations? I'll tell you. None. There's nothing similar about the two. It seems the point here is flying right over your head.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P

Is that what everyone who sides with the victims should do?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I have no idea why one would prefer a towel over whatever else, but the one therapist that spoke out for him said she told him to do that.

It's just another way to cast shade on the victims. It's all the rage around here these days.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Posted there, posted here:

Whoever said this doesn't belong in pure football was wrong. If our QB is a predator, we should talk about it, right along with everything else we scrutinize about players. Tucking an uncomfortable problem/concern into tailgate, doesn't make it less newsworthy, it just means most on the board won't see it. Shameful.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

It's just another way to cast shade on the victims. It's all the rage around here these days.

That's not what I meant. People are referencing the towel thing as damning evidence vs Watson. It's not.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
People are referencing the towel thing as damning evidence vs Watson. It's not.

I agree. Some people also take their own towels to the gym. It's a non-issue.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I was actually referring to Peen's comment. Sorry about the confusion.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
People are referencing the towel thing as damning evidence vs Watson. It's not.

I agree. Some people also take their own towels to the gym. It's a non-issue.
Watson brought his own towel so it would be easier to get naked and gyrate around on the table like a pervert. He either brought his own or suggested a wash cloth during pre-visit interaction.

He didn't like the fact that the accepted means of executing an actual massage has the client wrapped in a sheet... and the masseuse exposing individual parts of the body as she works.

If he was wrapped like a mummy, it would be harder to get to "funky town".

Plain, simple, backed by plenty of facts and evidence.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
OCD...I totally agree..! Watson is the Browns QB and he is accused of some terrible conduct that could affect his chances of even seeing the football field for part of the upcoming season...A 100% Pure Browns Football Subject.

Why is it that some board members feel like they have a right to tell others how and where to make a post...I just don't get that.

If it's a board moderator giving advise to a board member, that's fine...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
O
Legend
Legend
O
No, it means there are multiple conversations going on regarding him being brought in here. Some are more conducive to pure football, others aren't. It makes it hard(er) to have actual conversations about the various topics when they're all going on at the same time in the same thread.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Versatile Dog
O
Legend
Legend
O
No, it means there are multiple conversations going on regarding him being brought in here. Some are more conducive to pure football, others aren't. It makes it hard(er) to have actual conversations about the various topics when they're all going on at the same time in the same thread.

Then start an off field or DWs Troubles thread. Tucking this in tailgate isn't a good look and definitely will keep many from seeing it. Ten or twenty posters might read it there, here, almost everyone will read it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
How is putting a thread that's about off-field stuff outside of Pure Football a "bad look"?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
j/c...

Everyone may as well get used to the fact that "Pure Football" and Deshuan Watson won't peacefully co-exist for a while. I tend to agree with OCD, although I don't think the Tailgate Section would dissuade anyone who wanted to read. At least if you opt out from reading, you know you're opting out of "non-football" talk there.

It is what it is, and unless Purp writes an algorithm that will sort out the laundry into categories, skimming for real football talk will be a chore for a while.

I've found the "ignore" feature useful.

O
Legend
Legend
O
How is putting a thread that's about off-field stuff outside of Pure Football a "bad look"?

I have a hard time wondering why anybody would want it in the least read section of the board? He's our 'franchise' QB. Put the dirt right out on front street where most of us will see it. Just because some of you want to speculate what he will do on the field doesn't mean all of us are ready to move on from the PRIMARY discussion about DW.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The guidelines for what belongs where is right there on the home page under each forum title.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by mgh888

Your comment and those like them and the attitude you expressed are exactly who she was talking about. She's allowed an opinion just like you. She's allowed to express it just like you. She should not be pillarized because of it.

yep allowed an opinion..noone cares to hear it and once you post it on social media being married to a local celebrity, you are ttrying to drive the narrative or pick sides...nothing more..it was a hey look an opportunity to get my 15 minutes

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L

for there to be a victim there has to be a crime, as of now, there is no crime. There are flimsy allegations..despite your attempt to be judge and jury, theres nothing criminal there...Now if we are using your criteria, Watson is a victim of extortion and a money grab by a sleazy NFL owner and lawyer

M
Legend
Legend
M
You will have to point me to the other instances where this woman was desperate for attention and making statements on SM to get her name in the press. Otherwise, just like I said, you are exactly the person she's talking about.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

for there to be a victim there has to be a crime, as of now, there is no crime. There are flimsy allegations..despite your attempt to be judge and jury, theres nothing criminal there...Now if we are using your criteria, Watson is a victim of extortion and a money grab by a sleazy NFL owner and lawyer

Eh, there has definitely been a crime or crimes somewhere in this situation. The issue is figuring out which crimes and how to prove them.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird
.... taking his own towl is a bit strange and I can't figure out why he'd do that..

To make sure your DNA comes homes with you and isn't left behind!

Honestly, after I posted, this was the only rational explanation I could come up with... unless dude just really likes his own towels...

<><

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by FATE
j/c...

Everyone may as well get used to the fact that "Pure Football" and Deshuan Watson won't peacefully co-exist for a while. I tend to agree with OCD, although I don't think the Tailgate Section would dissuade anyone who wanted to read. At least if you opt out from reading, you know you're opting out of "non-football" talk there.

It is what it is, and unless Purp writes an algorithm that will sort out the laundry into categories, skimming for real football talk will be a chore for a while.

I like you Fate. Always have, even when you irritated me. However, OCD said it was "shameful" to not want the legal matters not posted in "Pure Football." The forum descriptions clearly state that the police blotter talk belongs in the Tailgate forum. The Pure Football forum description speaks about how the topics should be about pure football. We have several posters who are butt hurt that Baker is being displaced and are acting like the judge and jury of a criminal trial that does not even exist. Here is what is shameful, bro. Folks not honoring the innocent until proven guilty mandate that is a law in our great nation. It is shameful to assign blame when one doesn't know the all the facts. It is shameful to not keep an open mind and allow the legal system to run its course. It is shameful to be so shallow that one can't admit they were wrong about a certain player and feel some perverted need to trash anyone who points out the reality of the situation.

Legend
Legend
You're 100% right. I guess I just get used to all his colorful language and hyperbole and peel back the layers to his sentiment. As it reads, it's definitely over the top. And no, I don't agree that it should be posted, I mostly just accept that it will... and will hold no ill-will towards those that feel that strongly. Particularly because the very subject of "off the field" will have a bearing on our team, especially if he is suspended. I'll just continue to skim past the posts much like 80% of the content in PP.

"Shameful", no, not even close. The Tailgate Forum will attract just as much attention if there is a Watson thread in it as any other. It's not like people are too lazy to click on the most galvanizing subject to hit "BrownsTown" since we cut Bernie.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by FATE
j/c...

I like you Fate. Always have, even when you irritated me. However, OCD said it was "shameful" to not want the legal matters not posted in "Pure Football." The forum descriptions clearly state that the police blotter talk belongs in the Tailgate forum. The Pure Football forum description speaks about how the topics should be about pure football. We have several posters who are butt hurt that Baker is being displaced and are acting like the judge and jury of a criminal trial that does not even exist. Here is what is shameful, bro. Folks not honoring the innocent until proven guilty mandate that is a law in our great nation. It is shameful to assign blame when one doesn't know the all the facts. It is shameful to not keep an open mind and allow the legal system to run its course. It is shameful to be so shallow that one can't admit they were wrong about a certain player and feel some perverted need to trash anyone who points out the reality of the situation.

When one of the nations most famous sport personalities has 22 civil law suits against him with involvement of unwanted sexual activities, unwanted inappropriate behavior and him using 50+ massage therapist’s in a span of a couple of years then everyone with a bit of common sense should at least be a little bit on the fence and skeptical about the whole situation.

On top of that you can add that one NFL organization, historically infamous for repeatably bad decisions, has giving this player $230m guaranteed money without even waiting for the final verdicts of these law suits.

How many people do you know who has been accused of unwanted sexual activities and unwanted behavior against 22 women?
How many people do you know being involved in 22 civil law suits?

Being cleared by a GJ when the crime is a he says/she says case inside a room without witnesses says actually nothing if he’s guilty/innocent or not. The pure number of cases makes unfortunately the whole situation uncomfortable, especially if you’re a women.

Here is the thing. In a situation like this when it’s hard to prove crime, going by stats almost impossible, it will be a case where the public opinion will involve other parameters then the fact if he’s guilty or not by the letter of the law when they judge him.

Unfortunately for Deshaun Watson he has to live with that many people will for a long time be highly skeptical about his behavior and his moral compass. Is he a sexual predator or not or is he just a dirty perverse who used his fame and power in a unwanted way is something we will probably never truly find out.

Finally the problem isn’t only about one individual. Anyone knowing about these allegations has every right to question the Browns organization and how they handled there involvement in this tragic story. Their moral compass must be questioned. The way they set up this shameful press conference where they expose their hypocrisy and greedy position about wanting a player no matter what the circumstances leave many supporters uncomfortable.

When Skip Bayless on national television call the Browns a clown show it says something. When Rich Eisen Show talk about the press conference looking like a funeral it’s says something. When some owners of other NFL organizations raise their eyebrows it says something. The list goes on and will probably divide peoples opinion even more.

You maybe have to live with that our new QB will never be totally clear from guilt by the public opinion. This will probably follow him for the rest of his life. Fair? In that question lies the whole problem why we’re discussing this. We all have different views what’s right or wrong. What’s ok for you maybe isn’t ok for others. By trying to cancelling the subject we will just create more toxic discussions.

Both you and I simply don’t know what happened and we will probably never truly find that out. As a Brown supporter we still has to co exist and find a consensus how to move on without end up like internet enemies. I accept your position even if I don’t agree but that doesn’t mean I’m comfortable with the Cleveland Brown, their FO and our new QBs moral compass.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Everybody though Sam Sheppard was guilty. At least until he wasn't.

People are funny. If you hear something twice, it becomes true to them.

The first time someone tells you the average person swallows 30 bugs in their life while sleeping, you say "No, that can't be true, really?".

The second time you hear that, you say, "I have heard that before".

The next time you are the one telling people how many bugs they swallow while sleeping.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Funny you bring up Sheppard. My Grandparents knew him personally....I remember vaguely them speaking about being bewildered about that whole situation.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

A thought has occurred to me in this whole Watson case/situation. It's likely it's been brought up by others, but I don't remember seeing it. This is a question - not victim blaming, so don't even go there. Did any of the accusers express that they tried to leave the massage room and were not "allowed" to by Watson? I guess my question is, if a person you are massaging tries to get you do to things you don't want to do, can't you leave the room, and if so, why didn't they? I've never had a massage, so I don't know.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
I saw one testimonial from a female who supported DeShaun. Basically saying “massage therapists are always trained to leave the room if there’s any discomfort”. Not sure how true that is

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Thanks for the response, Dawgs4!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are right. The word "shameful" just disturbed me. I'll bow out and let the high and mighty moral majority continue to rant and rave about how they know that Watson is guilty of all the allegations.

O
Legend
Legend
O
People are entitled to their feelings/opinions. And I'll go one step further and say (with this being a message board and all) that they're entitled to post said feelings.

But IMO, that doesn't entitle them to be an arbiter of where/if things are/aren't posted. Splitting this conversation was meant to do justice to both parts of the convo, and moving the one part to Tailgate was meant to align the (IMO) pretty black-and-white guidelines of what belongs where. No controversy.

-PrplPplEater
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Everybody though Sam Sheppard was guilty. At least until he wasn't.

People are funny. If you hear something twice, it becomes true to them.

The first time someone tells you the average person swallows 30 bugs in their life while sleeping, you say "No, that can't be true, really?".

The second time you hear that, you say, "I have heard that before".

The next time you are the one telling people how many bugs they swallow while sleeping.

I honestly don’t think that’s the case.

Most people I know is highly skeptical about stories like this until they know more. Another thing when it comes to the he say/she say conflict regarding his unwanted behavior is that mostly it takes two too tango. So the narrative that we who’re skeptical think that all 22 women are innocent and Watson is the only one we want to blame isn’t even something that at least has been part of my judgement. I don’t even look at the blaming part that way.

What I do know is that when 22+ women says the same thing then it’s a high possibility that these allegations has some sort of truth in it. Maybe not the whole truth but I can’t just ignore it and brush it over just because a GJ didn’t find evidence enough. It’s far more complicated then just braking the law or not when it comes to being a NFL franchise QB earning $$$ millions.

Secondly this isn’t only about Deshaun Watson.

Me and many others frustration is even more directed at the Browns owners, our GM and HC who’s playing along in this charades. Their defense about “they feel comfortable” feels false because of the hypocrisy that involve most of their answers. Do they actually think that all supporters is totally stupid and believe in all the c r a p that they spit out on the press podium.

I can honestly actually forgive Deshaun Watson if he show some sort of remorse. He don’t have to admit total guilt but at least acknowledge that something probably went wrong regarding his understanding of the situation in the way he “used”his massage therapists when 22 of these women is willing to go to court to prove their case.

The number of women actually counts when it comes to credibility even if in theory it shouldn’t be that way.

When it comes to the owners and our GM/HC I have lost faith. Being young like Watson and maybe a little bit to “hot” is sometimes part of life when you’re on your way up. I give Deshaun the benefit of doubt that his intentions was probably much better then these women thought it was but it ended a little bit bad. So for me it isn’t black and white.

Last edited by Floquinho; 04/01/22 11:08 AM.
Legend
Legend
Thanks bud good to see you on here
Originally Posted by CBFAN19
Thanks for the response, Dawgs4!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
The guidelines for what belongs where is right there on the home page under each forum title.

While that's true I think this topic walks a fine line. Maybe because the off field issues are relevant to what may or may not happen on the field. Any suspension watson faces over this will have a direct impact with the team on the field. The two are directly connected.

But then do any of our opinions about where this discussion belongs really matter? Let's look at the facts. The person who owns this board and those who ref for him, over the course of three threads running their course on this topic have not moved any of them to another forum. It is totally their decision to make. It seems other than a few posters who consider themselves somehow the authority on what belongs in Pure Football and what doesn't, the actual people that make such decisions seem to have allowed it to remain as a Pure Football topic.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
There are flimsy allegations..

That's what you say to disregard 22 women? Speaking of flimsy.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
You are right. The word "shameful" just disturbed me. I'll bow out and let the high and mighty moral majority continue to rant and rave about how they know that Watson is guilty of all the allegations.

Awe..... I'll let those who try and dismiss 22 women over the word of one rich athlete try to spin this like it's someone else ranting and raving stupidity. And you may want to check your comprehension issue. Nowhere on this entire board has anyone stated that watson is "guilty of all the allegations".

What has been said is that it would take mental gymnastics to convince yourself he isn't guilty of any of them. You just had your daily work out.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Continued.....

Link Copied to Clipboard