Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Floquinho
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
Originally Posted by eotab
Originally Posted by oobernoober
j/c,

I really loathe self-righteous people, who proclaim their moral superiority in their premature judgement of others.

The facts are out there...this is not a mystery. What he did and how he did it. There are transcripts of the facts. Its not moral superiority its just plain old simple MORALITY. As DW states in his denials - his mom taught him better. Evidently not.deny deny deny and maybe it will go away...a format used very successfully by the Clintons...lol laugh

That's not true. There are accusations. Accusations are not facts. Some facts are out there (mostly ones selectively released by the prosecuting lawyer), but much is not. The real picture is slowly coming into focus... it's nowhere near as cut-and-dry as you're saying.

Ok...its not true it is an amazing coincidence that over 20+ young ladies have "ACCUSED" him of the same method and similar circumstance. You wish to believe he is squeaky clean go right ahead. 1 maybe 2 I can put aside as lying... but 20+ and they now have 20++ who didn't say no. really oober and I thought I was naive

It matters not what your opinion is. The facts have not been established.

We have a system of law, not mob rule by self-righteous people.

If 20++ women make serious accusations about sexual misbehavior’s then that’s a fact that this person has overstepped what these women think is acceptable, guilty by the law or not is irrelevant, when these civil law suits become public information it’s a open discussion about people’s view of morality and consequences.

Both the NFL and the Browns has to adapt to some extent to the public opinion and too much negative media coverage will financially affect them if they don’t want to lose some of their customers and sponsors. In 2022 almost every relevant organization understands that they must publicly declare their values and social stance in important questions to long term keep their customers. Those who is out of touch with reality will soon be aware of that such ignorance can be costly.

You can call it a mob or whatever you like but that’s how our society works nowadays with social media and activist groups. As soon as the issue become political and a question about morality then legally right or wrong goes out of the window.

Sometimes these ”protest’s” affect innocent people but this is the world we’re living in.

In what world (outside your own) is an accusation a fact? notallthere

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not "an accusation".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by Floquinho
Originally Posted by oobernoober
[quote=FL_Dawg]j/c,

I really loathe self-righteous people, who proclaim their moral superiority in their premature judgement of others.

The facts are out there...this is not a mystery. What he did and how he did it. There are transcripts of the facts. Its not moral superiority its just plain old simple MORALITY. As DW states in his denials - his mom taught him better. Evidently not.deny deny deny and maybe it will go away...a format used very successfully by the Clintons...lol laugh

That's not true. There are accusations. Accusations are not facts. Some facts are out there (mostly ones selectively released by the prosecuting lawyer), but much is not. The real picture is slowly coming into focus... it's nowhere near as cut-and-dry as you're saying.

Ok...its not true it is an amazing coincidence that over 20+ young ladies have "ACCUSED" him of the same method and similar circumstance. You wish to believe he is squeaky clean go right ahead. 1 maybe 2 I can put aside as lying... but 20+ and they now have 20++ who didn't say no. really oober and I thought I was naive

It matters not what your opinion is. The facts have not been established.

We have a system of law, not mob rule by self-righteous people.

If 20++ women make serious accusations about sexual misbehavior’s then that’s a fact that this person has overstepped what these women think is acceptable, guilty by the law or not is irrelevant, when these civil law suits become public information it’s a open discussion about people’s view of morality and consequences.

Both the NFL and the Browns has to adapt to some extent to the public opinion and too much negative media coverage will financially affect them if they don’t want to lose some of their customers and sponsors. In 2022 almost every relevant organization understands that they must publicly declare their values and social stance in important questions to long term keep their customers. Those who is out of touch with reality will soon be aware of that such ignorance can be costly.

You can call it a mob or whatever you like but that’s how our society works nowadays with social media and activist groups. As soon as the issue become political and a question about morality then legally right or wrong goes out of the window.

Sometimes these ”protest’s” affect innocent people but this is the world we’re living in.

…”then that’s a fact that this person has overstepped what these women think is acceptable, guilty by the law or not is irrelevant,”

Many politicians use your method and deliberately misread the context. It’s a successful way of clouding the original discussion and counter attack those with other thoughts.

Anyway nice try FL. Nothing wrong with your strategy but to fully succeed you need a little more finesse. I give you 5 out of 10 points. Average but not bad.

nanner

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
How much did he make off of that compared to everyone else???( hint: it was 100's of MILLIONS) Just because he hasn't been brought up before the bar does not mean he isn't a scumbag. It doesn't mean he is on the up and up. It just means he hasn't been brought up before the bar....That is not a measure of a persons character.

One thing for sure sitting here on a message board making wild accusations about him isn't a measure of his character. And as for your "hint"? The actual settlement in that BP lawsuit totaled 100 million dollars.

Jury awards $100 mln verdict against BP in Texas case

https://www.reuters.com/article/bp-...t-bp-in-texas-case-idUSN1824817020091219

You obviously can't read. First that settlement was not concerning the Oil Spill (it even says so in that first paragraph). That was a judgement for workers at a refinery. Secondly, that settlement was later lowered from $100M to $500K by a Federal Judge. Buzbee made 100's of millions off of the Gulf Oilspill. He made over 20 million off of Huricane Ike suing Insurance companies...So in this case the settlement was 189M...16M for the attorneys...I think there were about 20 attorneys (that number may not be correct) he tried to hijack the other attorneys for 7.5 mil of that 16...ended up with 4 and then took 16 mil more from his clients (despite the allocation for the attorneys) His costs from the case 750K...I guess 400% profit isn't good enough for him. He needed 2000%

I never said the women did not deserve representation. But Buzbee is the instigator and will only get involved in a case if he can get a class action suit and make a ton of money (from his own mouth...it has to be high profile and high money to get involved). So the motivations behind all of this are very questionable from the attorneys aspect. The fact that you think Buzbee is taking any kind of risk is hilarious...I gave you too much credit....

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's not "an accusation". notallthere

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
You do understand that 24 women making separate accusations is not "an accusation"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll just do a quick review of your post since that's all I think it deserves. First, your claim was, "How much did he make off of that compared to everyone else???( hint: it was 100's of MILLIONS) ". Then when you actually broke it down, Buzbee made 20 million. (That's according to figures you have given no proof of.) You do realize that 20 mil. isn't "hundreds of millions, right?

ended up with 4 and then took 16 mil more from his clients

Then you actually pointed out that in a case where the original award was 100 million, it was actually settled for 500k. Not a case where Buzbee actually "got rich from". Many cases are often settled for much less after the original judgement.

Then you try to take what every successful attorney does and try to twist it into something evil. Every high profile, successful attorney has the option to select their clients. They select high profile, well paying cases because over the course of their careers, their success has given them that option. Maybe you should go look at watson's attorney Hardin as an example. Everyone from Wade Boggs, to Roger Clemens to Adrian Peterson. From Dow Jones and Exxon Mobil.

What you're attempting to do is paint an attorney's options to pick and choose their clients based on having a long and successful career as something sinister while Watson's attorney fits that exact same category. Stop trying to vilify success.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Plaintiffs suing Deshaun Watson seek records from Texans

Posted by Mike Florio on
April 16, 2022, 1:13 PM EDT
link

As the 22 civil lawsuits pending against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson move toward an inevitable trial (barring a settlement), the lawyer representing the plaintiffs is seeking information from Watson’s former team, the Houston Texans.

It’s standard practice in civil litigation for the lawyers to cast a wide net, in the hopes of developing any evidence that possibly would help prove the case. The limits of permissible discovery are broad, with parties permitted to seek any information that is reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence at trial.

Via Adam Ferrise of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the request seeks various forms of documents from the Texans, including any communications regarding the accusations made against Watson, Watson’s contract with the Texans, records of payments made by the Texans on Watson’s behalf for physical therapy or massages in 2019-20, any payments made to the Houstonian hotel on behalf of Watson, any records of rooms at the Houstonian hotel made available to any Texans players, copies of nondisclosure agreements the team provided to Watson, communication about accusations against Watson from the team’s security employees, communications between Watson and the team’s head trainer or training staff regarding massages or the Houstonian, and any communications between the team and the Houston or the Home2Suits hotel.

“I’m not sure what it’s about, but I know they keep trying to draw the Texans into this, even though that has been disproven, under oath,” Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, told Ferrise. “I don’t think this is significant. [The Texans] had nothing to do with the massages, so other than that I’m not sure what this will do.”

Even if Hardin is right, the plaintiffs need to explore those angles. At some point, frankly, the Texans could have liability to the 22 plaintiffs if the team knew or should have known that Watson was in the habit of arranging massages that became something more than massages.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Makes me wonder if the Texans knew Watson was seeking an inordinate number of extra message therapy sessions and/or did anyone in the Texans organization give Watson any advice concerning his extra message therapy sessions..?

Could the Texans franchise get drawn into this lawsuit based on information that might be gained if members of the Texans are deposed..?

Seems that the lawyer for the therapists might be trying to expand their case..just guess.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Makes me wonder if the Texans knew Watson was seeking an inordinate number of extra message therapy sessions and/or did anyone in the Texans organization give Watson any advice concerning his extra message therapy sessions..?

Could the Texans franchise get drawn into this lawsuit based on information that might be gained if members of the Texans are deposed..?

Seems that the lawyer for the therapists might be trying to expand their case..just guess.

Or the attorney is in desperation mode and looking for anything to stick...

It's been over a year and the attorney is just now reaching out to his previous employer?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

They want to determine who knew what and when they knew it.. I bet they want money out of both Watsons pocket and the Texans...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by mac

Why would the team even care if he was getting extra massages? I'm not talking about the alleged charges, but if a player wanted a massage everyday, why would the team even care? And what is an "inordinate" amount of massages? Professional athletes work out everyday, getting a massage everyday would seem pretty helpful and therapeutic.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes and no.

As has been said by others including Rich Eisen - athletes have lots of massages but from very few therapists. Having a massage a day and using a different therapist for each would be a giant red flag. There is some txt message from the team coordinator that indicates this and indicates that DW is getting a reputation. . . . I am not going to speculate on any of that - but simply say that in order to know more of the truth, I don't see this as being an unreasonable request. It may lead no-where ... we don't know.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Where did he seek the women? The yellow pages? The BBB?

I think when that is examined, then we have a pretty good picture of just what was going on here.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Where did he seek the women? The yellow pages? The BBB?

I think when that is examined, then we have a pretty good picture of just what was going on here.

Instagram ads. I'd like to see these ads, espsecially the ones where massages were offered by non massage therapists.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
I really don't want to speculate or voice opinions until more is known ... but in answer to your question, as I understand it from what I read when this all broke and the Browns were interested in DW - initially the therapists DW went to outside of the Team providers or however that process is described, DW was seeking professional licensed therapists. I see one myself - they are akin to physical therapists and understand your body intimately. I believe the initial complaint that kicked this all off was from a licensed professional who DW is alleged to have acted sexually inappropriately with. It appears to have started off "small" - revealing himself etc - then moving on to touching himself, then trying to have the therapist touch him, to him masturbating in front of them to worse. Through this period of escalation - DW moved from licensed professional services to more questionable/unprofessional sources. People offering massage that aren't licensed/trained/professional. It's because of the fact that SOME of the 22 women are not professionals and advertise online in places where 'rub and tug' type services are allegedly common - that some individuals want to try to indicate/assume ALL these women are akin to sex workers and have whored themselves to DW and are now trying to make a fast buck. So in answer to your question - initially the sources were highly legitimate - and later went to other sources. The pattern of escalation seems to fit the profile of someone finding and feeding a vice. But again - all speculation and all the word of 22 women against DW because despite a handful of supporting text messages there is no video evidence or physical evidence. In a country where the police can shoot an unarmed man in the back or on a traffic stop and walk away Scott free unless there is video evidence, it's not truly surprising. I have posted the numbers of convictions, chargers and even the number of reported sex offenses - they are all ridiculously low. So even if true - the realistic probability of proving anything in a criminal case is absurdly low - in a civil case the burden of proof is lower. We'll learn more eventually.

Last edited by mgh888; 04/17/22 11:43 AM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Instagram....I don't get in to all that stuff. Isn't that a pick-up type site where all sorts of things are advertised? Does it have an adult section? Again, I don't tweet or have facebook, so I may be confusing this with some of the others I have heard about.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It's a photo and video sharing site where you're allowed to advertise and sell you "brand". Sex sells and it's very evident in Instagram ads. Just log on to Instagram and type "massage" to see what I mean.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by jfanent
It's a photo and video sharing site where you're allowed to advertise and sell you "brand". Sex sells and it's very evident in Instagram ads. Just log on to Instagram and type "massage" to see what I mean.

nannerLooks around...types furiously on internet keyboard...hopes to beat the inquisitive Peen to the best t-a-i-l.

1 member likes this: FATE
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I've stayed out of this thread for multiple reasons that no one cares about...but I will say this:

I think the massage things and the 22 accusations are a horrible look...but when I read that a judge was/is going to demand that other massage-providing, non-accusers reveal their sexual activities with DW...I threw the BS flag. Not in defense of DW as much as in defense of these women.

As far as ON THE FILED...my memory of DW has been that of a really, really good QB, great leader and a guy who looks to run a little more than I care for. I hope we get him some weapons to throw-to and don't get him killed by lacking OTs (backups) and ineffective schemes (don't care why they existed or why they go away).

Berry and Co have pushed all their chips into the middle of the table. This needs to work on many levels.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Where did people get their information they "were all from Instagram"? And did you know that doctors advertise on Instagram? Businesses of all types market themselves on Instagram. Just because the world has passed some of you by and you don't understand that Instagram and other popular social media platforms have become the new marketing tools of the time does not mean it's something nefarious.

Instagram Marketing for Doctors – A Guide to Patient Engagement

https://intrepy.com/1000-instagram-followers-medical-practices/

25 Fantastic Examples of Brands Using Instagram

With more than 400 million active monthly users, Instagram has grown into a social network that businesses need to pay attention to. It’s more than just a photo-sharing site -- it’s a way to engage fans and show off the best side of your business. Just look at this list of 25 companies that have mastered their brand focus on Instagram.

1. Lowes

Lowes does a smart job of promoting its products on Instagram: The company connects with users by showing people real-world applications for the products it sells.

2. Starbucks

To promote its brand and connect with customers on Instagram, Starbucks regularly brings in images of followers and makes them part of its brand story. In this way, Starbucks follows the advice of Ann Handley:

3. Ben & Jerry’s

Ben & Jerry’s has some serious personality when it comes to flavors and brand positioning, and the company lets that personality shine in its Instagram posts.

Everything from Taco bell to Converse is on their list..

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/283615

Businesses of all types market themselves on Instagram. It doesn't make them seedy or immoral. Baseless character attacks to support some desired results in your own mind doesn't make it true.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You are so predictable in your twistathons. Nobody said all the contacts were made thru Instagram, but a subtantial number were. .cbsnews Sure there are legit ads on there, but the place is full of sexually oriented ads and everyone knows it. Wanting to see the ads DW answered doesn't qualify as "baseless character attacks", no matter how you twist it.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: FATE, archbolddawg
P
Legend
Legend
P

You were saying? Innuendo is a real thing. Pretending it isn't does not become you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Got me there. notallthere

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
True. But the purple font was not needed.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by mac

Posted by Mike Florio on
link

As the 22 civil lawsuits pending against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson move toward an inevitable trial (barring a settlement), the lawyer representing the plaintiffs is seeking information from Watson’s former team, the Houston Texans.

It’s standard practice in civil litigation for the lawyers to cast a wide net, in the hopes of developing any evidence that possibly would help prove the case. The limits of permissible discovery are broad, with parties permitted to seek any information that is reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence at trial.

Via Adam Ferrise of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the request seeks various forms of documents from the Texans, including any communications regarding the accusations made against Watson, Watson’s contract with the Texans, records of payments made by the Texans on Watson’s behalf for physical therapy or massages in 2019-20, any payments made to the Houstonian hotel on behalf of Watson, any records of rooms at the Houstonian hotel made available to any Texans players, copies of nondisclosure agreements the team provided to Watson, communication about accusations against Watson from the team’s security employees, communications between Watson and the team’s head trainer or training staff regarding massages or the Houstonian, and any communications between the team and the Houston or the Home2Suits hotel.

“I’m not sure what it’s about, but I know they keep trying to draw the Texans into this, even though that has been disproven, under oath,” Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, told Ferrise. “I don’t think this is significant. [The Texans] had nothing to do with the massages, so other than that I’m not sure what this will do.”

Even if Hardin is right, the plaintiffs need to explore those angles. At some point, frankly, the Texans could have liability to the 22 plaintiffs if the team knew or should have known that Watson was in the habit of arranging massages that became something more than massages.

I almost hate to comment because in my opinion, I don't want to assign guilt to Watson, the accusers, the attorneys, or the Texans before the legal matter plays out. I am not omniscient on the truth of this case like Pit, 888, Mac, Flo, steve, etc. I am more in a wait and see mode and have been from the beginning. It bothers me that so many women who report sex crimes ofter become the target of claims of why were you dressed that way, why were you in a pick-up bar, etc, etc. No means no in my world. On the other hand, I have experienced false allegations and thankfully the accuser admitted to police that they were lying and coerced into making those claims. I am very sensitive to both sides of this proverbial coin and I despise when guys like Pit state that I am feeling a particular way. \\

Thus, with trepidation, I am going to offer this scenario. Quite some time ago, Watson was regarded as perhaps the guy w/the best character in the league. I live in SC and I know he was adored by everyone who was around him at Clemson. It went beyond his play on the field. Almost everyone saluted his integrity and what a wonderful human being he was. He was regarded in similar fashion in Houston. His community service was astounding. When the allegations were first presented by the attorney, there were folks who questioned his motives. They spoke of things on how the Texans owner said things like you can't allow the “inmates running the prison," when the kneeling thing was going on. There were numerous reports of extreme racism being inbred in the Texans' organization and that is why Watson wanted out. There were also reports from well-connected media types like SAS about how the Texans were the ones to contact the attorney and slander Watson's name.

I have not mentioned this before because I do not want to cast negative dispersions on the women who are part of this civil suit. But dang, this latest news lends some credibility to the Texans initiating the claims against Watson. And furthermore, I question why there were not any criminal charges before the civil charges. Of course, I could be wrong about that because I haven't followed closely. I am under the assumption that the civil charges were filed first and then the criminal considerations followed.

One last comment........we had Easter dinner today at our home. We spent a bit of time talking about the case. Two Browns fans [me and my daughter], two Steeler fans [wife and son,] one Raiders fan [son in law.] I brought up some of the commentary on this board and how folks like Pit, Flo, 888, Mac, steve, etc really want Watson to be guilty. One of them says he doesn't want to speculate and then he speculates. Another keeps bring up his daughters. Another repeats 22 women a thousand times. I have no idea if Watson is guilty or not. If he is, I think he should be punished. If he is not, I think he should be allowed to live as a free man. What I detest, is how some of you want him to be guilty. That is so freaking perverse! Because, if he is guilty, that would mean there really are real-life victims and they will forever be compromised. My family and I find that line of thinking detestable! We are talking about human beings. And wishing that Watson sexually molested women is pretty freaking sick.

M
Legend
Legend
M
It's sort of funny but sort of creepy and unpleasant.

This is what I post - which to me is pretty fair, balanced, non-judgemental:

Originally Posted by mgh888
I really don't want to speculate or voice opinions until more is known ... but in answer to your question, as I understand it from what I read when this all broke and the Browns were interested in DW - initially the therapists DW went to outside of the Team providers or however that process is described, DW was seeking professional licensed therapists. I see one myself - they are akin to physical therapists and understand your body intimately. I believe the initial complaint that kicked this all off was from a licensed professional who DW is alleged to have acted sexually inappropriately with. It appears to have started off "small" - revealing himself etc - then moving on to touching himself, then trying to have the therapist touch him, to him masturbating in front of them to worse. Through this period of escalation - DW moved from licensed professional services to more questionable/unprofessional sources. People offering massage that aren't licensed/trained/professional. It's because of the fact that SOME of the 22 women are not professionals and advertise online in places where 'rub and tug' type services are allegedly common - that some individuals want to try to indicate/assume ALL these women are akin to sex workers and have whored themselves to DW and are now trying to make a fast buck. So in answer to your question - initially the sources were highly legitimate - and later went to other sources. The pattern of escalation seems to fit the profile of someone finding and feeding a vice. But again - all speculation and all the word of 22 women against DW because despite a handful of supporting text messages there is no video evidence or physical evidence. In a country where the police can shoot an unarmed man in the back or on a traffic stop and walk away Scott free unless there is video evidence, it's not truly surprising. I have posted the numbers of convictions, chargers and even the number of reported sex offenses - they are all ridiculously low. So even if true - the realistic probability of proving anything in a criminal case is absurdly low - in a civil case the burden of proof is lower. We'll learn more eventually.

And this is what someone has to write about my

Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I am not omniscient on the truth of this case like Pit, 888, Mac, Flo, steve, etc. I am more in a wait and see mode and have been from the beginning.

I guess I should be glad I wasn't called "Evil".

R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't know about posters on here wanting Watson to be guilty, but Florio does. Ever since Watson signed with the Browns, Florio has been pushing a guilty verdict pretty much non-stop. If Watson had gone to another team, I don't think we get the same Florio.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for confirming that you were speculating.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Thanks for confirming that you were speculating.

I am uncomfortable with the DW situation because of the accusations against him. Like Clem and others - I feel like, no matter what, and asterisk will be imprinted next to what happens next even if that is just in my head. If you had bothered to read anything I have written - I have said I am not judging others for how they react to the signing - my best friend in all the world does not care about DW's guilt or innocence, he just wants the Browns to win and I don't agree but I ain't judging him or anyone else that feels that way. I don't feel good about it - for lots of reasons - I hope he clears his name but not being prosecuted is no where near close to exoneration like some claim. Putting aside the legal issues the upgrade and cost in draft capital is a no brainer. And that's been my position from the beginning - and consistent. I'm trying hard to not engage until the civil cases are done.... but when I see posters making misinformed statements it's hard not to at least provide some easily available context.

V
Legend
Legend
V
That is a very good post. It's fair and rational. I will take back what I said. However, I still don't want to talk to you moving forward in this forum. You've lost my trust. If you would like to discuss things in a PM, I would be beyond willing to do so. I'm tired of all the bickering and I understand that I have been a part of that. Trying to move forward.

Legend
Legend
Like Clem and others ....

I know Clem. I met Clem. Clem laughs at my jokes. You're no Clem. tsktsk

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
He's here now, so all the grumbling in the world isn't going to reverse that. All we can do is HOPE he's innocent, unless something changes, but I'm beginning to think the team is ok with things being so unresolved. I mean why else give him so much? Surely in the months of due diligence Berry did, he figured out what was what here. Then again, we are talking about some billionaires and millionaires making a decision to try to stuff their pockets, maybe win a Super Bowl. At this point all we can really do is wait and see how it unfolds. If they play this season with everything still unresolved, it's going to be hard to get excited.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/18/22 03:36 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Like Clem and others ....

I know Clem. I met Clem. Clem laughs at my jokes. You're no Clem. tsktsk

My post indicates I share an opinion with Clem ... in no way shape or form does it imply I am similar to Clem as a poster or individual. Clem is probably my favorite poster to read in any portion of this board, I'm glad you met him and he laughs at your jokes.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What I detest, is how some of you want him to be guilty. That is so freaking perverse! Because, if he is guilty, that would mean there really are real-life victims and they will forever be compromised. My family and I find that line of thinking detestable! We are talking about human beings. And wishing that Watson sexually molested women is pretty freaking sick.

The very act of you posting such lies is what's sick. You sir have asked people to speak in a civil manner to you and then post this tripe. If your family is stupid enough to believe this lie I suggest they seek counseling.

You still insist on lying don't you? I don't "want watson to be guilty". You just keep lying about that. I'm just not foolish enough to think 22 women are lying while one man is the beacon of truth. To believe that the value you place on women must be pretty low.

You see, by wanting watson to be guilty it would mean I want these accusations to be true. I would never want things like what's in these accusations to happen to any woman.

I think you are drunk posting again. One day you say let's be civil and the next day call people out with lies. It must be the alcohol. Next you'll be claiming others are picking on you again. Your M.O. never changes.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
That is a very good post. It's fair and rational. I will take back what I said. However, I still don't want to talk to you moving forward in this forum. You've lost my trust. If you would like to discuss things in a PM, I would be beyond willing to do so. I'm tired of all the bickering and I understand that I have been a part of that. Trying to move forward.

Yeah, you just called out a bunch of people with your lies and then say this? You're tired of the bickering? Then maybe you shouldn't post lies that undermine the character of others. The term two faced comes to mind right about now.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Most Browns fans are really good people. You find them hiding Everywhere in the country wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac

Posted by Mike Florio on
link

As the 22 civil lawsuits pending against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson move toward an inevitable trial (barring a settlement), the lawyer representing the plaintiffs is seeking information from Watson’s former team, the Houston Texans

vers writes:

I almost hate to comment because in my opinion, I don't want to assign guilt to Watson, the accusers, the attorneys, or the Texans before the legal matter plays out. I am not omniscient on the truth of this case like Pit, 888, Mac, Flo, steve, etc. I am more in a wait and see mode and have been from the beginning.

One last comment........we had Easter dinner today at our home. We spent a bit of time talking about the case. Two Browns fans [me and my daughter], two Steeler fans [wife and son,] one Raiders fan [son in law.] I brought up some of the commentary on this board and how folks like Pit, Flo, 888, Mac, steve, etc really want Watson to be guilty. One of them says he doesn't want to speculate and then he speculates. Another keeps bring up his daughters. Another repeats 22 women a thousand times. I have no idea if Watson is guilty or not. If he is, I think he should be punished. If he is not, I think he should be allowed to live as a free man. What I detest, is how some of you want him to be guilty. That is so freaking perverse! Because, if he is guilty, that would mean there really are real-life victims and they will forever be compromised. My family and I find that line of thinking detestable! We are talking about human beings. And wishing that Watson sexually molested women is pretty freaking sick.

vers...so, for conversation at your Easter dinner, you sit there and lie like hell to your own family about knowing how some of your fellow board members "really want Watson to be guilty"...you are such a notallthere... naughtydevil

You seem to admit that you are not as knowledgeable on Watson's legal case as some of us, yet you have no problem passing judgement on those of us who do research for and provide information....and/or comment on the Watson's legal issues.

No one knows for sure who will be the starting QB for the Browns once this season starts or how this life changing event might affect Watson once he is allowed to play football. It has already been 16 months since Watson last played and it is unknown how much longer Watson's legal issues might keep him off the the field.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You seem to admit that you are not as knowledgeable on Watson's legal case as some of us, yet you have no problem passing judgement on those of us who do research for and provide information....and/or comment on the Watson's legal issues.

Did you call Dak's lawyer again?

As for the rest of your post, I see several posters continually posting opinions and articles that are completely one-sided. At that point, one has to ask oneself what is their angle? Why not post opinions and articles from all sides of the story? I see other posters like jfan, oober, cfrs, etc who talk about multiple aspects of this topic. They are not one-sided. In fact, they are open minded.

My stance has been consistent. He should be punished by the legal system if he committed crimes. He should not be punished if he did not do anything illegally. I don't want to be the judge, jury, and executioner. I'll allow the legal system to sort it all out and I don't feel the need to condemn or excuse a man and the women who are involved in this case. But, you guys keep doing you. Just don't get too upset when some of us can see through your not-so-cleverly-disguised facade.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 04/19/22 01:49 PM.
1 member likes this: PETE314
P
Legend
Legend
P
Or when you just make up BS? You've done it about this topic and Baker.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Continued.....

Link Copied to Clipboard