Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
According to you we are being too tough on him now and should back off to give him options so he doesn't use nukes. Seems like an odd question for you to be asking now since you refused to answer this.....

So what are your solutions and ideas? As of now there's no way Putin leaves without Ukraine conceding land he has occupied. So is that your solution? Open the door for Putin to attack democracies and then give him part of their countries in concession?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
All-out war on Ukraine?
Putin could be gearing up for something big on May 9

-Russian President Vladimir Putin could look to declare some kind of victory in — or an even bigger assault on — Ukraine around May 9.

-May 9 is “Victory Day” in Russia, marking the anniversary of the then-Soviet Union’s defeat of Nazi Germany in World War II.

-A number of geopolitical analysts believe Putin will use the occasion to make a major announcement relating to the Ukraine war.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/06/put...ory-in-ukraine-by-may-9-victory-day.html

Legend
Legend
at this point we've been more than justified to run up into russia's territory, take out their leader and bounce back home.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
If we still have a home to bounce back to when you are finished.

Legend
Legend
we will. all they do is threaten nukes now, because thats the only thing they have left. their military and leaders have been exposed as frauds.

they even threaten to launch nukes just because finland and sweden are gonna join NATO. i wonder if their crap is even operational.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
We will?

Well then by all means go get 'em Dawg!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
i wonder if their crap is even operational.

I remember how broken and busted up their ships were at the end of the Cold War... if that is any indication, then I'd bet that half their nukes would blow up in their silos if they tried to launch anything at all.

They clearly haven't updated much of their military, and they've never been all that big on spending to maintain equipment, either. They probably have duct tape sealing up dry-rotted fueling hoses on half that junk.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
agreed. have you seen the recent reports of their most advanced tanks getting wrecked, as well as one of their ships being destroyed?

bro at least we see the cool ass toys we developed with all the military spending. where exactly has the money been spent on with regards to their military?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
then I'd bet that half their nukes would blow up in their silos if they tried to launch anything at all.

The Rooskies have 760 ICBMs with 3,629 nuclear warheads.

If only half work, uh, Hmmmmm.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, so let's just all act like cowards because a bully threatens you. You must have had it rough as a kid.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sometimes the Bully backs down and sometimes he goes berserk, caving your face in.

Then you walk around the rest of your life looking, talking, and acting like someone who had their face caved in.

Pick your battles wisely.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Like always you want to talk out of both sides of your mouth at once.

Biden is weak and enabling.
Biden is heavy handed and provoking Putin.

Your perspective on any topic is through a political lens - whatever the issue, whatever the policy, whatever the result: Democrats evil, weak, bad. Trump genius, good.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody picked this battle. Putin decided to use it as a threat. You either stand up to him or back down from him. If you back down you set the precedent that he can just invade democracies and steal them. Nothing American about that concept. But then again I never expected you to have an opinion that stands up for the freedom of others.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You guys are hilarious. Reminds me of 9th grade spewing.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you should stop reading your own posts.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
where exactly has the money been spent on with regards to their military?

um... found it.

[Linked Image from maritime-executive.com]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: WooferDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Another Russian Warship Is Burning In The Black Sea

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...0f32GeTf-czN_5AIjuvc&sh=1e894c477149

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
where exactly has the money been spent on with regards to their military?

um... found it.

[Linked Image from maritime-executive.com]

so one helipad isn't enough. yea, i'mma need two just like this yacht has. and it better have a pool inside a pool.

Russian oligarchs really be on that GTA lifestyle.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
So now our Intelligence Agencies have helped Ukraine to sink Russia's Flagship and target and kill 12 Russian Generals.
We deny targeting them but we admit to providing the Intel for Ukraine to do as they wish.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Russia had done the same with North Vietnam or Iraq, to the United States,
sinking our Flagship and killing our Generals?

Seems to me the war is widening.

I think Putin will be letting us know his thoughts come May 9th.

Legend
Legend
lol imagine being Russia and having ukraine sink two of your ships already.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let fear be your guide.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
lol imagine being Russia and having ukraine sink two of your ships already.

Dude has spent the past 20 years parading around like he's the cock of the block. Then he just couldn't help himself. Had to go pick on the quiet kid next door. Now his pants are down around his ankles, he's displayed to the world his 'shortcomings, ' and Zalenskyy just steady spankin that azz...

International clout: evaporated.
Bro- his rep is wrecked forever.
He should be 'putin in his retirement papers' before one of his own boys retires him for us.

lol

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: FATE, Swish
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
So now our Intelligence Agencies have helped Ukraine to sink Russia's Flagship and target and kill 12 Russian Generals.
We deny targeting them but we admit to providing the Intel for Ukraine to do as they wish.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Russia had done the same with North Vietnam or Iraq, to the United States,

40...you appear to be upset by the losses Putin and Russia are suffering in the WAR THEY STARTED..?

Russia is not an ally or even a friend of the United States and would do to "our country" and "our people" exactly what they are doing to Ukrainians...if they could.

40, it is so obvious that military history is not something you know much about. Russia "did support and supply" Vietnam with intelligence and weapons to help kill American soldiers during the Vietnam War. Russia supplied and provided support to Sadam and Iraq and more recently Putin and Russian helped the Taliban in Afghanistan..helped the Taliban kill American soldiers...

...does that upset you 40..?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Let fear be your guide.

Imagine living life in constant fear of everything. Smh.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Call me a Rooskie, tell me I don't know much, but I do know the last folks to sink our flagship and kill our generals were the Japanese.

We double tapped them.

My children and grandchildren have a vested interest in the Democrats not screwing this up like they are screwing up everything else in America.

It is one thing to help our friends become free, quite another to take the lead.

Then we send Nancy over for a photo-op to poke the bear.

So close your eyes and pretend this war is not widening.

May 9th may be the tell.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 05/08/22 04:02 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Like January 6th, Q?

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
40...today is May 9th and below you can read about the Russian celebration in Moscow.

Russia mysteriously cancels flyovers across the country after parade falls flat

Colin Freeman
Mon, May 9, 2022, 6:35 AM
link

Russia's Victory Day parade in Moscow went ahead without a promised display of airpower in which warplanes were expected to do a flyover in a "Z" formation.

Aircraft rehearsing for Monday's event had been seen flying in the "Z-shape", which is also used to identify Russian armoured vehicles fighting in Ukraine.

But at the last minute, the Kremlin cancelled the planned display in Moscow due to "bad weather". The explanation caused widespread bafflement as conditions in Moscow were neither rainy nor particularly windy or overcast. Similar displays in Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Samara were also cancelled, prompting speculation that Russia was concerned about Ukrainian sabotage.

The scrapping of the air display added to a sense that Vladimir Putin's much-vaunted May 9 Victory Day extravaganza was something of a damp squib.

The Russian president had been widely expected to make a full-scale declaration of war against Kyiv, which would entail a mass mobilisation of Russian citizens. Instead, Mr Putin issued no such orders - nor did he make any new threats to the territorial integrity of the Baltics or Finland, as some feared he might.

In the run-up before live coverage started, a computer hack of Russian broadcasters also led to millions of Russians receiving anti-war messages on their screens.

“The blood of thousands of Ukrainians and hundreds of their children is on your hands," the message read. "TV and the authorities lie. No to war.”

The Victory Day parade is held every year to celebrate the Soviet defeat of Hitler in World War II - a campaign Mr Putin claims he is now finishing off by mopping up "Nazis" in Ukraine.

As well as today's huge turnout in Moscow, where battalions of soldiers marched past the Russian leader, smaller events were held in 28 other Russian cities, involving more than 60,000 participants in all. However, for all the pomp and ceremony, it should have been an even bigger event than it was.

Had Mr Putin's invasion of Ukraine gone to plan, he would have had sister parades arranged in Kyiv today, put on by the Moscow-friendly government he intended to install.

Instead, with the Russian campaign in Ukraine faltering, even Ukraine's pro-Russian breakaway republics of Luhansk and Donetsk - normally keenest parade-holders - had to cancel this year for security reasons.

Also cancelled was the planned parade in the Russian-captured city of Mariupol - most likely because it is far too bomb-damaged to be fit for TV screens.

Even Mr Putin seemed to lack his usual truculence, painting himself as the innocent party rather than aggressor.

Russia had had no choice but to invade Ukraine, he insisted, because the West was "preparing for the invasion of our land, including Crimea". “That is absolutely unacceptable to us,” he declared.

The "heroic" Russian soldiers he had despatched to Ukraine, he insisted, were fighting the same Nazi enemies that their forefathers had battled at Stalingrad. The only difference was that these days, those “Nazis” were controlled by Nato rather than Hitler - which was also armed with atomic weapons.

"In Kyiv, they announced the possible acquisition of nuclear weapons," he claimed - blithely forgetting he himself has been the main one delivering nuclear-tipped threats.

Yet by Mr Putin's usual blood-curdling standards, this was something of a mild-mannered address.
For some Russians - and, of course, most Ukrainians - the speech will have been something of a relief.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
Legend
O
Didn't wake up to nuclear winter, so far so good 40. smh.

But I did hear that Trump will be re-installed in Sept., so there's that. thumbsup Maybe Q moved the date for Putin's grand victory too. It feels like October might be the new target for that... rolleyes

O
Legend
Legend
O

Doesn't seem to be going well for team red today.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

It's basically the rest of the world helping Ukraine vs Russia. Russia invaded a sovereign nation for who knows what reasons, and is now suffering the consequences of their decisions. Putin is a fraud and a half. Their military is getting handled by a country with 1/3 the population. Russia is supposedly a military powerhouse, but their getting all they can handle and more from Ukraine even not considering the international help. Putin thought he could walk right in and Ukraine would bow down to Almighty Russia and Putin, but he was sorely wrong.

The US has military/government has done a pile of wrong over the years, but helping fight Putin, even indirectly, is the right choice. If he takes Ukraine, he just continues with likely Poland next.

Legend
Legend
Nope, nothing happened.

My Intel failed me.

Enjoy!

Legend
Legend
pretty soon, your boy is gonna threaten nuclear war if another McDonald's closes.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
i couldn't be a chinese leader right now.

i mean...watching my northern neighbor get his ass kicked by an inferior country, as well as realizing that his military ain't crap, losing personnel and equipment by the hour, going broke by the hour, and becoming toxic in the business world?

something tells me that if i invade....the EU and the US wouldn't care all that much, as long as I sold them the energy on the cheap, like everything else we sell.

it'd be too easy, straight through the backdoor.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

I hate this administration just as much as the next guy and I'm probably more conservative than most, but dude... you're living in fantasy land and are focused more on partisan rhetoric BS than anything.

What would have happened if Russia had done something with North Vietnam or Iraq???? Have you ever paid attention to our history during The Cold War? Vietnam was a freaking PROXY WAR with the Soviet Union/Russia. We also poked the Bear in Afghanistan by supplying the Afghans with tons of weapons via the CIA. Russia made billions selling arms to Iraq and continuously took their side in U.N. debates.

Absolutely NONE of this is uncharted waters, and tensions were WAAAAAAAAAY higher back in the day. Hell, the simple fact that no news agency has reported on The Doomsday Clock in decades is proof enough. Hell, most of the kids under 40 on here probably don't even know what the Hell that was/is.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
In Nam, Russia funneled weapons to the NVA on the sly.
In Afgan, we funneled weapons on the sly through the CIA.

Now everyone knew it was happening but no one was sticking it up anyone's nose in the Press or on the world stage.

Today, the Biden administration publicly announces all of what we are doing and poking the Bear in the process.

Maybe its nothing.

Maybe its something.

The Bear may let us know some day.

Or not.

Legend
Legend
Much ado about nothing.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Spoken like Bear bait.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

I hate this administration just as much as the next guy and I'm probably more conservative than most, but dude... you're living in fantasy land and are focused more on partisan rhetoric BS than anything.

What would have happened if Russia had done something with North Vietnam or Iraq???? Have you ever paid attention to our history during The Cold War? Vietnam was a freaking PROXY WAR with the Soviet Union/Russia. We also poked the Bear in Afghanistan by supplying the Afghans with tons of weapons via the CIA. Russia made billions selling arms to Iraq and continuously took their side in U.N. debates.

Absolutely NONE of this is uncharted waters, and tensions were WAAAAAAAAAY higher back in the day. Hell, the simple fact that no news agency has reported on The Doomsday Clock in decades is proof enough. Hell, most of the kids under 40 on here probably don't even know what the Hell that was/is.

The doomsday clock was moved; In January 2020, it was moved forward to 100 seconds before midnight. Science has our democracy/world on its last legs, at the edge of the end. I think that is over dramatic, or did until January 6th 2020. Now I can see it going either way, honestly.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Spoken like Bear bait.

BTW 40, Putin was quiet all day today. I didn't think the May 9th rhetoric held much weight. But like you, I still think Putin is a huge threat, even just talking about using nukes.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/09/22 10:11 PM.

Legend
Legend
Spoken like Bear bait.

lol!
You're truly comical. Not grounded in reality, at all, but very comical.

Browns is the Browns

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus War in Ukraine...continued

Link Copied to Clipboard