Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1937786 04/07/22 09:13 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Baseball was my first love. As a boy it was a game that myself and all my friends played. That was a long time ago. But the memory never fades. Pick-up games. Tossing the bat for who picked first. We played on a farmers field. We made it our own. Made the bases out of rocks or pieces of wood. We made our won rules because we never had enough players. And we played till everyone had to go home.

Once the Little League season began it got serious. Mickey Mantle was real Royalty. Baseball players were heros.

I know baseball has lost it's number one position in American sports. But if I was the last fan in the stands. I would still be there.

Last season was a shocker. My Braves came out of nowhere and won it all. I follow the Guardians and Braves. I grew up a Indians fan. But was also a Braves fan from an early age. My first glove was a Warren Spahn model. Hank Aaron was one of my favorite players and I loved the Braves uniforms. I moved to Altanta in 1978. I got very involved in local baseball and coached for over ten years at a high level of competition. Coached and was around lots a guys who made it to the majors. It was a great time in my life.

So now the 2022 season begins and I will be right on it. Reading box scores daily. Watching the Braves try to repeat.

Play Ball !

bonefish #1937794 04/07/22 09:40 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Besides being my favorite sport, baseball's opening day - to me - means we made it through the winter. And this winter was a long, rough one here in NE Ohio.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Opening Day

Link Copied to Clipboard