Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
Mac , just google study of natural immunity after covid done in Israel. It was huge, maybe 1million patients. It showed natural immunity was way way stronger than vaccine immunity, maybe 27 times more effective, and it lasted much longer. Are you gonna get a booster every 3 months? When that study was done, I think they had patients with strong antibody presence 18 months after having the virus.

There are multiple other studies showing the same thing. I had the virus over a year ago and my antibody levels are still high. Btw, the young fellow you cited having a lung transplant had neither had the vaccine nor had the disease so he had no immunity , natural or otherwise.
Those and other studies were simply swept under the rug by our CDC. For no good reason, imo. I think the audacity to ignore studies involving millions of people only strengthened the resolve by many here that Covid response was a political narrative as much as a health initiative.

There were patients who were sick with the original SARS virus in 2003 with a strong immunity to covid 18 years later.

And this is how misinformation is spread kids! smh.
Oh, cry me a river, snowflake. Any morsel of information you don't like is misinformation. All of that is FACT, so buzz off.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1939808 04/21/22 12:18 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Only you don't give actual information. No sources to back up what you are saying. That's the only way to know who did these studies, if they were limited and what the actual data behind the studies were.

So I don't think it's so much about actual information as it is you just spouting things out that nobody knows if it's information or not. I mean you're not still talking about all that crazy BS about hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin are you?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
It says hospitalizations are down 2% over past 14 days. Was that the point you were trying to make?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
so wait, I thought you got covid?

No. At least not officially. I did get sick in February of 2020. Very sick. As did my girlfriend. I had been in and out of a local nursing home multiple times in the weeks leading up to them having a massive outbreak. It was the first facility in the city to get hammered by it. They ended up getting shut down by the government.
At the time no one knew what COVID was. There was no test. I just stayed home until I felt well enough to back to work. By that time we were all in PPE. I’ve been masked at work since.

[Linked Image]
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Only you don't give actual information. No sources to back up what you are saying. That's the only way to know who did these studies, if they were limited and what the actual data behind the studies were.

So I don't think it's so much about actual information as it is you just spouting things out that nobody knows if it's information or not. I mean you're not still talking about all that crazy BS about hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin are you?
Well, Pitt, I've never mentioned ANYTHING about either treatment. In fact, if you find any evidence of that b.s. you just blatantly LIED about, I'll quit this place forever.

Furthermore, I have no idea what hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin have to do with anything I posted... But that's par for the course, isn't it? Pit and his never-ending, goalpost moving, verbal vomit... in digital form.

Go make 500 more posts about 22 women, you're not qualified to speak with the adults here.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I look forward to the day when you can actually add something intelligent and meaningful to the conversation. Til then we just have to tolerate your ignorant drivel.

FATE #1939818 04/21/22 12:48 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Those and other studies were simply swept under the rug by our CDC. For no good reason, imo. I think the audacity to ignore studies involving millions of people only strengthened the resolve by many here that Covid response was a political narrative as much as a health initiative.

So what studies ARE you talking about? You see, just throwing out vague, blanket statements such as those holds no meaning.

There were patients who were sick with the original SARS virus in 2003 with a strong immunity to covid 18 years later.

Do you mind giving a link to your source.? Like I said, just throwing out blanket statements with no sources is nothing more than an accusation at that point.

you're not qualified to speak with the adults here.

If that's true it certainly would not prevent me speaking with you. I'm sorry you have a problem doing the math on that one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It says hospitalizations are down 2% over past 14 days. Was that the point you were trying to make?

I'm sorry you don't understand how the spread of a virus works. It's up in 20 states and as a virus spreads that increase in turn will spread to other states.That's how it's worked with every new strain. We've been through this so many times before I thought you would have understood that by now.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Go ahead and admit you LIED about me making previous statements about hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin and I'll respond... Until then, pound salt.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
FATE #1939826 04/21/22 01:01 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Those studies were brought up on this board by many. So asking if that's still what you are referring to is a legitimate question. And you still refuse to explain what you were referring to. I understand.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That's what I thought. Have a nice day. Google it all yourself and ignore the results, just as you have for two years.

FATE #1939831 04/21/22 01:14 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not my job to try and prove your points. That's not how any of this is supposed to work.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
So they are up in some states and down in others. Sounds typical. Overall hospitalizations are down. Sounds like a good thing to me.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Cold you really need to take seriously the advice of Abraham Lincoln. Better to remain quiet and thought the fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You de realize that Lincoln got shot in the back of the head, right?

I prefer my heroes not to have been shot in the back of the head.

#gmstrong
FATE #1939843 04/21/22 02:33 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quick side note… COVID is hammering my friend group right now. I have a buddy (vaccinated) that leads a band. They played Saturday night to a full house. He’s now tested positive. As have many of my friends that attended. Unfortunately one of those infected is my artistic partner and his wife (also vaccinated). He and I work together on the weekends. I worked with him last Saturday, before the show. I won’t be working with him this weekend, which sucks because we have a major project due to be on a truck heading for the east coast in 3 weeks. Not working this weekend is going to put us up against it to get it done on time.

Everyone that I’m aware of is ‘okay’ right now… if having a fever, body aches, fatigue, and congestion is ‘okay’.

I travel with my art buddy mid next month. I guess I won’t have to worry about being around him as he’ll have a fair amount of immunity built in.

Be safe out there folks.

[Linked Image]
FATE #1939845 04/21/22 02:44 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Bro, first, I'm not going to search for a link, and you don't really need one for evidence. But IIRC, it was a study by Johns Hopkins and stated that somewhere around 83 or 84% had remnants of the virus in their bodies. Is that hard to believe in any way? It's not for me... 70% have been vaccinated and millions have been sick. I wouldn't have a hard time believing 90%. If you don't believe it -- throw it out.

Fate...I did that search and found this...

Fact Check: A Study Does NOT Find Vaccinated Patients Are 27 Times More Likely To Develop COVID Symptoms Than Unvaccinated

link

Does a study find vaccinated patients are 27 times more likely to develop COVID symptoms than unvaccinated? No, that's not true: The study, based on medical records of the Maccabi Health Service HMO in Israel, found that vaccinated patients are 27 times more likely to develop COVID symptoms than people who were infected with and recovered from COVID-19. Though "unvaccinated," they were people who had already recovered from a bout with SARS-CoV-2 and had some degree of natural immunity. That was the point of the study: comparing infection-induced immunity to vaccination-induced immunity.

The claim appeared as a video (archived here) where it was published on Instagram on September 13, 2021. It opened:

Study finds vaccinated patients 27 times more likely to develop COVID symptoms than unvaccinated

Social media users saw this:

(Source: Instagram screenshot taken on Wed Sept 15 18:20:29 2021 UTC)

The false claim was made by the OAN network in an article headline and in a video aired by the channel. They updated the headline on their website to say, "​​Study Finds Vaccinated Patients 27 Times More Likely To Develop COVID Symptoms Than People Who Recovered From COVID," but the article and video still are repeating the false claim.

At the 6:17 mark, the Instagram video repeats the false claim in the opening audio of the segment and in the chyron of the video. The video opens:

A new study involving tens-of-thousands of patients reveals fully vaccinated people are 27 times more likely to end up with COVID, COVID symptoms than those who have never had a vaccine. One America's Pearson Sharp has more.

The study does not say that vaccinated people are 27 times more likely to end up with COVID symptoms than those "who have never had a vaccine." It compares vaccinated people to people who previously were infected with COVID-19, meaning they had some degree of natural immunity, but who were not vaccinated. It does not compare them to people who were unvaccinated.

Science.org published an article explaining what the study said:

The new analysis relies on the database of Maccabi Healthcare Services, which enrolls about 2.5 million Israelis. The study, led by Tal Patalon and Sivan Gazit at KSM, the system's research and innovation arm, found in two analyses that never-infected people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus. In one analysis, comparing more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher.

Health care professionals continue to recommend people get the COVID-19 vaccine to ensure the greatest protection from the disease. The article continued:

No one in the study who got a new SARS-CoV-2 infection died--which prevented a comparison of death rates but is a clear sign that vaccines still offer a formidable shield against serious disease, even if not as good as natural immunity. Moreover, natural immunity is far from perfect. Although reinfections with SARS-CoV-2 are rare, and often asymptomatic or mild, they can be severe.

Lead Stories previously debunked the claim that the study proved vaccines are less effective than natural immunity here.

While the study does indicate people who survived infection with SARS-CoV-2 resisted the delta variant better than those who had been vaccinated, it also notes that people who have been infected and vaccinated fare best of all against reinfection or breakthrough infections and that risking infection without the vaccine means taking a higher risk of death from COVID-19 or lingering symptoms known as "Long Covid."

Fate...you can click the link above to access additional information and links.

Understand this...I don't give a rats ass about all the studies you can find, whether they are true or flat out FALSE...

...THE FACT REMAINS, anyone taking the route to develop their "natural immunity" by getting the Covid virus needs to realize they might get seriously sick or EVEN DIE if they get Covid. To develop the natural immunity you speak of the individual must also accept the risks that come with it, plus the risk that you can infect others, such as family members, friends or anyone who has not developed ANY Covid immunity.

Is that risk worth it..?

Last edited by mac; 04/21/22 02:45 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1939847 04/21/22 02:53 PM
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Wow. The link has nothing to do with what I said.

Again, as far as the "FACT REMAINS" paragraph. I agreed, and said as much. I would never advocate people go shopping for covid. If you would read, you would know that.

The facts I stated are simple: 20 million (minimum, some estimates are as high as 90 million) people already had covid before there was ever a vaccine. Many of them saw no reason to then get vaccinated... especially if they were healthy and had minimal symptoms. Is this concept really that hard to grasp??

mac #1939848 04/21/22 02:55 PM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Mac, for an intelligent guy you are drawing a really dumb conclusion from all this. Nobody is saying walk thru a covid ward and breathe deeply. We are acknowledging a fact, many millions have had the virus, are protected by natural antibodies and do not need to be vaccinated. Why some of you cannot accept that reality I do not understand.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Mac , just google study of natural immunity after covid done in Israel. It was huge, maybe 1million patients. It showed natural immunity was way way stronger than vaccine immunity, maybe 27 times more effective, and it lasted much longer. Are you gonna get a booster every 3 months? When that study was done, I think they had patients with strong antibody presence 18 months after having the virus.

There are multiple other studies showing the same thing. I had the virus over a year ago and my antibody levels are still high. Btw, the young fellow you cited having a lung transplant had neither had the vaccine nor had the disease so he had no immunity , natural or otherwise.

keith...read my post to Fate just above...

...then check out this link link

The fact remains, the only way to develop natural immunity is to gamble with your life and possibly the lives of anyone else you might infect with your Covid while you are attempting to gain your own 'natural immunity', while you are contagious with Covid.

We are not done with Covid as variants continue to develop once or twice a year. In the future I see Covid being treated in the same way we protect individuals from the flue. I expect boosters on a yearly basis while better vaccines are being developed. As I said in an earlier post...I TRUST MY OWN JUDGEMENT...and will not rely on some study based on faulty assumptions or politically biased information and I sure as hell will not rely on word of mouth opinions that come from a message board.

mac #1939852 04/21/22 03:14 PM
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

mac #1939853 04/21/22 03:16 PM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by mac
So, the numbers don't lie... Upwards of 80% (probably closer to 90%) of people's bodies has seen either vaccination or the virus itself.

fate...I did a search to find evidence that backs up your claim above (80-90%) and was unable to locate information to back up your claim. Maybe you have a link to an article to back up the claim..?

I pointed out in early summer when everyone was panicking over the vaccination levels, Based on known seroprevalence surveys and the vaccination rates, we could imply at that time that we were above 80% based on simple logic and arithmetic.
Turns out that in July we were actually at 88.8%. Keep in mind that this was above the "herd immunity" objective of 85% and was also before we started calling it a "pandemic of the unvaccinated" and trying to put vaccine mandates in place. It also predated Delta and Omicron.
Looks like we are 95% as of December. After Omicron, probably closer to 97%.
CDC Seroprevalence Survey Data

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Thank you. Didn't feel like digging that up for the sake of more strawman arguments.

FATE #1939856 04/21/22 03:43 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Wow. The link has nothing to do with what I said.

Again, as far as the "FACT REMAINS" paragraph. I agreed, and said as much. I would never advocate people go shopping for covid. If you would read, you would know that.

The facts I stated are simple: 20 million (minimum, some estimates are as high as 90 million) people already had covid before there was ever a vaccine. Many of them saw no reason to then get vaccinated... especially if they were healthy and had minimal symptoms. Is this concept really that hard to grasp??

fate...the point I'm making, regardless of studies or claims you might be making, to gain the advantages you claim that come from "natural immunity" come WITH RISK. The worst risks being "your death, severe sickness" and risking the lives and health of others...UNNECESSARILY, imo.

You seem to come with the same conclusion that I do...taking the risk that goes long with developing "natural immunity" IS NOT WORTH IT..!

You could help everyone if you would simply include a link to the information and numbers you claim.

If you can't include a link to the information you are referring to, I'm not going not going to do the work for you. It's not too much to ask for, imo.

Last edited by mac; 04/21/22 03:46 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That certainly explains this.......

COVID-19 hospitalizations up in 20 states

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/covid-19-cases-tick-up-in-9-states.html

Here is the deal about hospitalizations.

You can choose to compare it to January, or March/April and come up with whatever answer you wish.

Yes, cases are ticking up, but down about 90-95 percent from the January peak.

Is your glass half empty, or half full.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

mac #1939860 04/21/22 03:57 PM
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Please read the following sloooowly... If you've already had covid, you've already experienced the risks. Nowhere, no how, never, have I said people should go out and get covid to bypass the vaccine.

I've supplied link after link after link for two years. They're either refuted by strawman arguments or I'm accused of not caring if people die. It's juvenile.

In your previous post you repeated that you would trust your own judgment and not rely on faulty studies or biased information, now you want links...

So I'll ask and respond, although I'm a little confused by what you want links for? My opinion?? Please tell me what you want links for and I'll gladly provide them.

mac #1939862 04/21/22 03:59 PM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
But mac, I think you are missing his point which is that it no longer matters. Getting ahead of the virus with a vaccine made sense because the first exposure to the virus is the most risky, and a year and a half ago, 80% of the population had no exposure. But the reality has changed.

Almost everyone has either contracted the virus or had the vaccine. There is almost nobody left that has not. So how much value is there in pushing increasingly obsolete vaccines? My extremely healthy spouse caught COVID 60 days after her obselete booster. Meanwhile, treatments such as Pavloxid are effectively unavailable, even though they are being advertised on TV. If administered in the first 5 days, Pavloxid lowers hospitalization by nearly 90%, but hospital systems are hording it and not giving it out unless people are hospitalized. I confirmed this in my own bout with COVID. Even with certain risk factors, I talked to two separate physicians to try to get treatment and could get nothing useful.

Investing our time and energy into treatments will yield better result at this point than a never ending focus on pushing obsolete vaccines. If we can get updated vaccines, that would be great, but they will also have limited spans of usefulness. Treatments like Pavloxid which actually attack the ability of the RNA to replicate should be better at retaining their effectiveness over time.

And as far as the strength of natural immunity, this has never been in contention. Exposure to the real virus that is currently in circulation will almost always result in more useful or more lasting antibodies than exposure to a simulated virus or dead virus from previous years. There are studies that verify this with COVID, but it was never really in doubt. This is sort of built into the immune system. The downside is that you have to get sick in order to get the antibodies.

Last edited by s003apr; 04/21/22 04:00 PM.
FATE #1939872 04/21/22 04:45 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
now you want links...

So I'll ask and respond, although I'm a little confused by what you want links for? My opinion?? Please tell me what you want links for and I'll gladly provide them.

I noticed mac didn't give any links to his two "cases" where 1 young man needed a lung transplant, and apparently, got one immediately, and the other "case" he cited.

FATE #1939942 04/21/22 10:07 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

Oh, cry me a river, snowflake. Any morsel of information you don't like is misinformation. All of that is FACT, so buzz off.

Tell me how your fake news spreading ass really feels why don't ya? lmao, and you called me snowflake? Oh, the irony.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I look forward to the day when you can actually add something intelligent and meaningful to the conversation. Til then we just have to tolerate your ignorant drivel.

Well that day was today, yesterday, and the every damn day before that. Try again when you understand the meaning of the words you are trying to use, everybody can see just how 'smart' you are. Don't you have a Q meeting?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Quick side note… COVID is hammering my friend group right now. I have a buddy (vaccinated) that leads a band. They played Saturday night to a full house. He’s now tested positive. As have many of my friends that attended. Unfortunately one of those infected is my artistic partner and his wife (also vaccinated). He and I work together on the weekends. I worked with him last Saturday, before the show. I won’t be working with him this weekend, which sucks because we have a major project due to be on a truck heading for the east coast in 3 weeks. Not working this weekend is going to put us up against it to get it done on time.

Everyone that I’m aware of is ‘okay’ right now… if having a fever, body aches, fatigue, and congestion is ‘okay’.

I travel with my art buddy mid next month. I guess I won’t have to worry about being around him as he’ll have a fair amount of immunity built in.

Be safe out there folks.

Hope they all recover quickly Port, that sucks. Any idea what variant or if it's a new one?

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Put your money where your mouth is, champ. Show me which part is fake news.

FATE #1939961 04/21/22 11:01 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
He's like 2 others on here - they just blather on about stuff that msnbc feeds them, or rachel maddow feeds them. They consider THOSE sources legit, but not any sources that disagree with them.

Anti trump? Bam, there all over it. Meanwhile, our president tries to shake hands with no one, and doesn't even get it. Our vice president giggles her way through every thing.

Do some research on "clueless" Do some research on "begging for approval". Do some research on senility. Biden and Harris will show up.

FATE #1939972 04/22/22 03:23 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Why the hell would I try to rationalize facts to science denying right wingers? Do you think I like mental masturbation? I've had 5 years of the trolls in this forum prove one damn thing, no matter what you do, they still don't believe facts. What are you supposed to do with that? I know what you don't do, listen to that rubbish.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
So that is a long winded way of saying you cannot show any factual inaccuracy so I will just rant on about nothing. You are good at that if nothing else.

It is somewhat ironic for you to call someone a science denier as you deny the scientific studies. Really humerous. You bring to mind another famous expression. “I’ve already made up my mind, don’t confuse me with the facts”.

Last edited by keithfromxenia; 04/22/22 08:06 AM.
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Why the hell would I try to rationalize facts to science denying right wingers? Do you think I like mental masturbation? I've had 5 years of the trolls in this forum prove one damn thing, no matter what you do, they still don't believe facts. What are you supposed to do with that? I know what you don't do, listen to that rubbish.
THAT'S what I thought, little buddy.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

Be safe out there folks.

Hope they all recover quickly Port, that sucks. Any idea what variant or if it's a new one?

No idea of the variant. The tests don’t show. They just show positive for COVID. Most of my friends are fairing well. A few sicker than others but all in all they’re getting through it.
I was asked to go to the show… I didn’t for this kind of reason. Now I’m glad I didn’t… even though I heard the band crushed it.

[Linked Image]
FATE #1940023 04/22/22 12:13 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
THAT'S what I thought, little buddy.

You must be mistaking me for one of your half men. What did 40 call them? Sissy half men or some crap? Even though I know you aren't stupid, I would never accuse you of being smart either, especially when you post this crap. Wake up.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Tell me how your fake news spreading ass really feels why don't ya?

Put your money where your mouth is, champ. Show me which part is fake news.

FATE #1940029 04/22/22 12:49 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Look at the sources, anything that denies mainstream science, comes from GOPer news, or rolls around in your little head without fact checker confirmation is based in right wing lies. The right wing lives inside some kind of dystopian victimhood state, so almost anything put out is tainted with BS. Ivermectin? BS. Bleach? BS. UV lights up the butt? BS. Mask hurt people somehow? BS.

But I'm sure you can't see how insane your entire party looks and sounds. It's hard to see from the deep underbelly inside. And if they hadn't got into your head so hard, we could have been great friends because believe it or not, we have a lot in common other than politics. But your team keeps us at each other's throats with all their dirty dealing. So, no. I'm not going to jump through hoops to prove you wrong, although it can be done, it's an exercise in futility, so I'm not giving you the satisfaction. You believe a bunch of BS lies, and I can't help you. Again, wake up.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid ~ Part 10

Link Copied to Clipboard