Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I pray to God for the strength to this being my only post in this forum moving forward. This forum is ugly and I feel that this cess pool has invaded other forums as if it acceptable to talk to others the way people in here do. I am not blaming the owner of the board or the moderators because I think it was a good idea to put all political topics in one forum and banning all political talk would be a non-stop job.

You claim this isn't what you came here for but this was your opening salvo. You're far more transparent than you think you are. God hasn't prevented you from taking your shots thus far, I doubt he's going to help you now. You complain about conditions on the board and then use the disclaimer you aren't blaming those who run the board. You're hilarious.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"Biden is such a tremendous upgrade from Trump"

If you call "probably having fewer crooked friends" a tremendous upgrade. laugh

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
The bar was set pretty low. Lower than I've ever seen in fact with possibly the exception of Nixon. Even that's questionable. I think you could add not attacking everyone who disagrees with you by calling them names, asking your supporters to boycott them and trying to use the cancel culture against them that you accuse the other side of to the list. I realize and agree that cancel culture is a terrible thing. I just find it rather odd that one side points the finger at the other side when they do the exact same thing themselves.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by BpG
Reps might be dumb enough to run Trump again and lose AGAIN to a man we know will likely die in office.

[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by jfanent
"Biden is such a tremendous upgrade from Trump"

If you call "probably having fewer crooked friends" a tremendous upgrade. laugh

Not really, I've already made clear how I feel about Biden. He's definitely not the monster some would make him out to be; but age is taking its tole and I don't think he should run again. But a crapped diaper would be a better leader than Trump, AND A MAJOR UPGRADE! So, even if Biden ends up not knowing where he is or what he is doing, just not being a fascist or insurrectionist mutt probably saved American democracy for the time being. But, I fully expect the alt-right to do whatever it takes to end democracy in my lifetime, and I don't have that much time left. Until and unless critically thinking people like us put an absolute end to this fascist authoritarian movement, we are on a path to the end of America as we know it. Driving the troglodyte racist white supremacist thugs back into their troll holes, and out of the mainstream American political conversation, is the only way we survive this onslaught of idiocy.

And I am in no way talking about old school conservatives, I'm talking about the trash that the tea party and Trump gave rise to. I don't see how we move forward with them in any sort of power. You don't have to look any further than Texas and Florida for proof of that. Even if Trump drops dead tomorrow, they will still be here, going as low as possible to gain the Trumpian crown.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/28/22 12:01 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A
Legend
Legend
A
I wonder if those "bad guys" are as bad as Corn Pop.

Biden showed Cornpop who was boss.

1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
O
Legend
Legend
O
BIG DAMN DEAL. Let me know when he leads a bloody insurrection. Let me know when he embraces fascism. Let me know when he lusts for authoritarian dictator powers. And for sure, let me know when he divides the country with hateful rhetoric for more than half the country. Yeah, I won't be waiting for your fantasized response of how great the GOP is… or the orange idol “chosen one” you worship.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/28/22 08:03 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Your "Installed" President is the joke of the free world. Hell, the WHOLE world!

Putin is scared of this clown! rofl

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Your "Installed" President is the joke of the free world. Hell, the WHOLE world!

Putin may not be, but us US citizens need to be concerned. Somebody other than Joe is running the show. I'd like to know who is calling the shots behind the wool that is being pulled over our eyes.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Legend
Legend

Who decides that word should go on the 'prompter for Joe to choke on??

Was it him? "I can do this guys, I can do this!"

32 more months of this?! saywhat

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
We endured much worse just before this.That's why he became president in the first place. Many of the very people complaining only have themselves to blame.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
We endured much worse just before this.That's why he became president in the first place. Many of the very people complaining only have themselves to blame.
Biden's cognitive decline is somehow a butterfly effect caused by Trump voters?

Wow. I've heard some crazy stuff but this takes the, the, the... you know the thing.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If it meant keeping donny out of office I’d vote for Joe again even if he was wheelchair bound, drooling on himself, and sitting in a crap filled diaper.
Hell, I’d vote for the crap filled diaper over voting for the don.

That said, it’s pathetic that either of these dudes are even in the position to be running this country. If this is the best we can do as a country we’re doomed.
With that, I believe we’re doomed.
Glad I didn’t have kids to leave behind in this wreck of a world that’s been created around us.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I wasted my vote on Jo Jorgensen. I barely made it out without puking on myself.

Sadly, it wasn't 'til after the election that someone here mentioned writing in Nick Chubb... a much more viable option.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Many people who voted for Biden were voting for "anyone but Trump". Yes, no doubt about it. Many of which were actually what I call "real Republicans".

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Seems like a cheap, cheap end around to blame Trump voters over the corrupt DNC that decided to trot out a "Weekend at Bernie's" candidate in the first place.

Par for the course though. thumbsup

1 member likes this: EveDawg
jaybird Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird
Trump I don't think suffers from Alzehmiers or dementia like President Biden... Trump is more of a sociopath...

America chose dementia over a sociopath. That only expounds my point about how far we have fallen in the choices of people we have to run this country.

100% agree... I didn't think either man should have been candidates...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
the corrupt DNC that decided to trot out a "Weekend at Bernie's" candidate...

to be fair, they trotted out quite a few candidates. the voters decided that Biden should get the nod.
I guess it worked, because 45* is sitting in FL instead of DC.

#wisdomofthecrowd

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not blaming Trump voters. Not all Republicans fall in line with "Trump voters". I'm saying that people that witnessed Trump for four years decided to vote for anyone but Trump. Just as with both parties you have factions which exist within both. There are many Republicans that adhere to the principals the party stood for pre-Trump. They are not happy with the direction their once great party has headed in. Some even formed organizations that railed against Trump. I'm not quite sure how you can deny that a lot of that took place.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
the corrupt DNC that decided to trot out a "Weekend at Bernie's" candidate...

to be fair, they trotted out quite a few candidates. the voters decided that Biden should get the nod.
I guess it worked, because 45* is sitting in FL instead of DC.

#wisdomofthecrowd
To be more fair, the powers that be had a little sit down with Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar and Tom Steyer and talked them into quitting... three days before Super Tuesday. saywhat

Why? Because those were the three stealing votes from Biden and the establishment criminals knew that Bernie and Elizabeth (the real threats to "the game") would eat each others bases.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now election strategy is frowned upon? I guess if you twist it the right way.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yeah... putting the DNC and "the will of voters" in the same sentence is a bit of a stretch.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Biden is just what the United States and the 'free world' needed at this critical moment in time..experienced leadership...

...someone who understands that PUTIN IS NOT A FRIEND..not a friend of the United States or the rest of the 'free world' and never has been.

...someone who has the capability to unite the 'free world' against this ruthless dictator, Putin.

...someone who can draw on his experience in life as well as his time working in government and do what is necessary to protect the American people and our allies.

...someone who understands that America and the 'free world' now stand at a critical crossroad, where they either take a stand against ruthless dictators or they can take the easy way out and simply cave in to Putin's desires.

Biden is the right man at the right time, elected by a majority of Americans who understand what is at stake and that Putin is a threat to our way of life.

Last edited by mac; 04/29/22 01:29 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
rofl

Whatever you say, Pit.

So, you admit the "election strategy" waaaaas to put Biden in office... yet it is still the fault of Trump voters. And I'm the one twisting what we all watched!

Have a great day, champ. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Yeah... putting the DNC and "the will of voters" in the same sentence is a bit of a stretch.

I actually preferred Mayor Pete and Amy over Biden. I do however realize that if they planned to win in 2020 they needed to consolidate their efforts as a party. It appears the other candidates agreed and considered a united front the best option moving forward. Like I said, you can make that sound nefarious if you want to present it that way.

I guess you could just call them all names and belittle them if you have a voting base who considers that a strength as an alternative.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Each party only had one candidate to vote for on election day. The voters chose biden over trump. Many of them were Republican. Trying to twist that into which candidate the democrats ran has zero to do with the fact that biden beat trump and that many republicans voted for biden. But you do you.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
I wasted my vote on Jo Jorgensen. I barely made it out without puking on myself.

Sadly, it wasn't 'til after the election that someone here mentioned writing in Nick Chubb... a much more viable option.

I'd vote for him.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Many people who voted for Biden were voting for "anyone but Trump". Yes, no doubt about it. Many of which were actually what I call "real Republicans".

More voters came out than ever before. Trump and Biden broke records. That's the scary part, 74 million Americans thought Trump was the better choice. Who knew authoritarian fascism was so popular on the right?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
Seems like a cheap, cheap end around to blame Trump voters over the corrupt DNC that decided to trot out a "Weekend at Bernie's" candidate in the first place.

Par for the course though. thumbsup

Well they couldn't let Bernie steamroll the field like he was on track to do… so they ACTUALLY rigged it, unlike the general with Trump.

1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not blaming Trump voters. Not all Republicans fall in line with "Trump voters". I'm saying that people that witnessed Trump for four years decided to vote for anyone but Trump. Just as with both parties you have factions which exist within both. There are many Republicans that adhere to the principals the party stood for pre-Trump. They are not happy with the direction their once great party has headed in. Some even formed organizations that railed against Trump. I'm not quite sure how you can deny that a lot of that took place.

I'd say the story is those who did and didn't buy into Trump's lies about how great he was and how much he was doing. They were screaming Trump made the economy boom. No he didn't. He inflated the stock market by pumping money into it and cheer leading for Wall Street. And he gave the rich tax breaks… Oh and he did a year of tax breaks for the working class. But none of that except the tax break for the rich and corps survived his presidency. The economy crashed during pandemic lockdowns, imposed by Trump. Then he fought with himself, blaming the left over those same lockdowns. He could have ended them all with a word, but the right liked blaming dems and Trump wanted to shift blame. This is what the history books should say. Twice impeached. Permanently the worst POTUS ever.

There is no wall. Companies and jobs still left the country in droves. His tariffs on China cost nobody but US citizens, and completely failed to improve the China situation. He pretty much empowered Putin to be the douchebag he is today, playing little Stalin. He put North Korea in the spotlight and gave legitimacy to that tyrant. Trump abandoned allies on the battlefield, a cowardice act for the benefit of yet another tyrant in Turkey, and of course Putin. The list of awful crap is so long, been rehashed so many times, and yet the brain dead still think he was great. You just can't make this crap up.

None of us to the man would have ever thought any of this stuff going on today was even possible 10-20 years ago. America is lost. True patriots can bring back her promise and the American dream, but we'll have to deal with the greed and ignorance that brought us to where we are first. Yes, Biden is part of that issue, but he was also the only choice for rational voters.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/29/22 02:27 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Those were my preferences as well.

I'll just say that, for me, I highly doubt they'll ever shake the memory of Clinton vs Bernie saga.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I doubt they will. And I'm by no means saying that the process is or was fair. But the reality is with both parties at some point you must circle the wagons and get a nominee passed for an election.

I still have no idea what any of that has to do with Biden beating Trump in the election. Not saying you brought it up. It went from why biden won to "yeah, but look at how biden got the nomination".

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I still have no idea what any of that has to do with Biden beating Trump in the election. Not saying you brought it up. It went from why biden won to "yeah, but look at how biden got the nomination".

IMO, I'm not really sure what more needs to be said about the thread topic beyond posting more videos of him struggling to complete sentences.

-PrplPplEater
jaybird Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Each party only had one candidate to vote for on election day. The voters chose biden over trump. Many of them were Republican. Trying to twist that into which candidate the democrats ran has zero to do with the fact that biden beat trump and that many republicans voted for biden. But you do you.

Do you have a source that shows how many republicans voted for Biden? Honestly curious...

I don't like how Trump behaved and disagreed with many things he tweeted but could not bring myself to vote for Biden because I disagree with many of his policies and felt he had dementia (which has gotten worse).... I was truly hoping for a better candidate choice... if the republicans would have put up a true moderate I might have voted for him/her.....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I thought it was pretty clear at the WHCD last week. Sure as hell carved up Republicans.... and he made fun of himself pretty well also.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Precise numbers? No. But what I can show you is a large group of Republican officials who fought to keep him from being elected and there was a large "never trump" movement among Republicans who fought against his election as an example of just how hard many Republicans pushed back against him.

These Are The Republicans Who Endorsed Joe Biden For President

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...list-of-his-gop-backers/?sh=1e52a9093a4b

Republicans even formed a group to rail against Trump that raised 35 million from fellow Republicans.

Anti-Trump group led by longtime GOP strategist Bill Kristol raised, spent millions during 2020 campaign

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/ant...-raised-spent-big-money-during-2020.html

While not in raw numbers I can show how Republicans crossed party lines to vote for Biden....

As his supporters for the Democratic nomination had hoped, Joe Biden appealed to the center of the electorate across party lines. He did 10 points better than Hillary Clinton among Independents, and he doubled her showing among moderate and liberal Republicans. He improved on her performance among two swing religious groups—Catholics (up 5 points) and mainline Protestants (up 6). Most important, he raised the Democratic share of suburban voters by 9 points, from 45 to 54%, and among White suburban voters, from 38 to 47%.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixg...e-and-what-it-tells-us-about-the-future/

I don't think any of this information made Biden a great candidate by any means. What I do think it shows is that a very large number of those who identify as Republicans with any sort of moderate viewpoint decided they would vote for anyone but Trump.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

O
Legend
Legend
O
BIG DEAL.

Legend
Legend
The Emperor has no clothes.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden's Cognitive ability

Link Copied to Clipboard