Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Online
Legend
You Dawgs been following this? A corrections officer and an inmate awaiting trail have been on the lam since April 29. A nationwide manhunt has been in place, and these two have been "Bonnie & Clyding it" ever since.

Corrections officer dead after being caught with missing inmate in Indiana

EMILY SHAPIRO and WILLIAM MANSELL
Mon, May 9, 2022, 9:02 PM·2 min read

EMILY SHAPIRO and WILLIAM MANSELL
Mon, May 9, 2022, 9:02 PM·2 min read
Florence, Alabama, jail employee Vicky White has died Monday after she was apprehended along with murder suspect Casey White in Evansville, Indiana, which ended a 10-day manhunt, according to the Vanderburgh County Coroners Office.

After Inmate Casey White, 38, and Lauderdale County Assistant Director of Corrections Vicky White, 56, were spotted at a hotel, Casey White and Vicky White led police on a car chase in that ended with a wreck, Indiana authorities said. Vicky White, who was driving the Cadillac, was hospitalized with "very serious" injuries from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the Vanderburgh County, Indiana, sheriff's office.

"Can't clarify how long they have been in Evansville ... lucky we stumbled upon them today," Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding said Monday.

He said the pursuit only lasted a few minutes.

"We got a dangerous man off the street today," Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton said Monday during a press conference.

Casey White and Vicky White, who are not related, fled the Lauderdale County Jail on April 29.

Authorities said they believe Vicky White willingly participated in the escape, which took place on her last day before retirement.
The duo fled Alabama in a Ford Edge and ditched the car in Williamson County, Tennessee — about a two-hour drive north of Florence — just hours after the jail break.

On Monday, U.S. Marshals said investigators were in Evansville, Indiana, following up on a tip after a 2006 Ford F-150 believed to have been used by Casey White and Vicky White was found abandoned at a car wash on May 3. Police were alerted to the vehicle on Sunday.

At the time of his escape, Casey White was facing two counts of capital murder for allegedly stabbing a woman to death in 2015, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

Vicky White has been charged with forgery and identity theft for allegedly using an alias to buy the Ford Edge used to facilitate the escape, according to the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office. A warrant was also issued for Vicky White charging her with permitting or facilitating escape.

No one was injured as a result of the escape, Singleton said.

Vicky White died Monday evening at Deaconess Hospital. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.

Casey White will be brought back to Lauderdale County to be arraigned, Singleton said.

"He's not getting out of this jail again," Singleton said. "I assure you that."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/charges-filed-against-missing-jail-194100993.html

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep, this is nuts. She gave it all up, sparkling career and comfortable retirement... Just to run off with a con and die. Pathetic and sad that she was so desperate for love. At least, that's the way it sounds for now.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/10/22 01:32 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
These things always seem to end like that. There was a similar case up in NY some years back.

People make this elaborate plan on how to make their escape, then don't have a clue what they are going to do once they get out? All you do is dump a car in Nashville, which is maybe 80 miles away, then drive another 70 miles to hole up in Evansville, Indiana?

I wasn't rooting for the people. More laughing at. If nothing else, make the overnight drive and go get lost in a south Louisiana bayou. Cajuns are pretty private folks and don't have a history of being overly cooperative with local law enforcement. Seems you would have a better chance doing that then thinking heading to some hotel in Evansville was a good idea.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah we've been following it here. The first car they dumped was found in a town not far from where we live. The first thing I thought about was the very size of the man. He was listed at 6'9" tall and 330 lbs. Kind of hard to hide for long being that size. I mean you kind of stand out in a crowd. An averaged size man can grown a beard and change his hair color to help blend in somewhat. At his size that's damned near impossible.

From what's being reported at this time she made her choice to put a permanent end to it rather than to be captured and go to prison. She was all in. Sad.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Online
Legend
From what's being reported at this time she made her choice to put a permanent end to it rather than to be captured and go to prison. She was all in. Sad.

-and yet, he surrendered- and is still alive. He goes back to the life he's had (save those 2 weeks on the run). He loses nothing for having done this. Purely a predator, he worked this won am like a part-time job. Long con. In my book, he used her like a workshop tool, and most probably feels nothing regarding 'her choice.' No sense of responsibility at all.

What a world, to have such monsters in it.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I wasn't rooting for the people. More laughing at. If nothing else, make the overnight drive and go get lost in a south Louisiana bayou. Cajuns are pretty private folks and don't have a history of being overly cooperative with local law enforcement. Seems you would have a better chance doing that then thinking heading to some hotel in Evansville was a good idea.

Sounds like you may have devised this plan quite some time ago. More detailed and reasoned than most folks would casually post. wink
If not, and you really came up with it just now...

...you should frighten us all.

rofl

B
Legend
Legend
B
To some degree you are right, but no need to be frightened.

I have cousins in south Louisiana, around St. Bernard. We went to visit once a year or so when I was a kid. Back as a kid I saw how easily a person could "get lost" back in there. As a 12 year old kid, I just figured that if you wanted to get away, that would be a good place to do it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Crazy/Made-4-TV Story Comes To a Close

Link Copied to Clipboard