Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let me give you something to consider. We all know that Robinson was ruling on only four of the cases. It's pretty much agreed that they were in part or all based on the cases left unsettled. I mean they didn't just come up with four as an arbitrary number and four was the exact number left unsettled. She wrote.....

He cooperated in the investigation and has paid restitution,” she wrote.

Now since only four of the cases were being considered, who do you suppose she was claiming he paid restitution to? The other 20 women who were no part of the case? I think your term far fetched doesn't align itself with her ruling at all. I think it seems more likely than not that she was specifically commenting on the cases she was ruling on. Which at least some were settled the night before her ruling came out.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
We all know that Robinson was ruling on only four of the cases. It's pretty much agreed that they were in part or all based on the cases left unsettled. I mean they didn't just come up with four as an arbitrary number and four was the exact number left unsettled.

Pretty much agreed?

I've heard absolutely nothing to point at that being a fact. Please provide anything besides your opinion. If you're going to say "because, four and four", don't bother.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I pointed them out. Robinson was only ruling based on the four cases in front of her. Everyone on this board said that the easiest cases were settled first. That means the four hardest cases were left unsettled. The NFL reviewed 12 cases and brought the strongest cases forward. Pretty much everyone agreed with that. Four of them. Robinson said watson paid restitution.

Now that this is a matter of pubic record, the very same people who agreed that the best cases were not settled and that the NFL brought forward the best cases are now saying show me the evidence?

It seems as though they are only trying to discredit the very things they agreed with before the ruling made watson look like crap.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Let me give you something to consider. We all know that Robinson was ruling on only four of the cases. It's pretty much agreed that they were in part or all based on the cases left unsettled.

First I've heard of it.

My interpretation is that the 4 cases were the strongest they had. That's based on a couple snippets from her reports. 3 of the 4 were licensed massage therapists despite Robinson herself stating that Watson seemed to prefer unlicensed. Also, all 4 never went back to Watson even though we know some did. I think the NFL carefully chose those 4 cases strategically (and good on them because it seems to have done the job).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
And it makes perfect sense that Buzzbee advised only his clients with the strongest cases to hold out when the other 20 women settled.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
And it makes perfect sense that Buzzbee advised only his clients with the strongest cases to hold out when the other 20 women settled.
One decent guess among many.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Let me give you something to consider. We all know that Robinson was ruling on only four of the cases. It's pretty much agreed that they were in part or all based on the cases left unsettled.

First I've heard of it.

My interpretation is that the 4 cases were the strongest they had. That's based on a couple snippets from her reports. 3 of the 4 were licensed massage therapists despite Robinson herself stating that Watson seemed to prefer unlicensed. Also, all 4 never went back to Watson even though we know some did. I think the NFL carefully chose those 4 cases strategically (and good on them because it seems to have done the job).

The NFL’s investigation was conducted by two former prosecutors with decades of
experience investigating sexual assault cases. Although Mr. Watson allegedly worked with more
than 60 massage therapists during the 15-month period beginning in the fall of 2019 through the
winter of 2021, the NFL only investigated the claims of the 24 therapists suing Mr. Watson for
damages. Of these 24 complainants, the NFL investigators were only able to interview 12; of
those 12, the NFL relied for its conclusions on the testimony of 4 therapists (“the therapists”), as
well as interviews of some 37 other third parties and substantial documentary evidence.11 The resulting 215-page investigative report (“the Report”), along with the testimony of its two
investigators, comprise the NFL’s case presented at the three-day evidentiary hearing conducted
pursuant to Article 46 of the 2020 CBA. The record before me also includes multiple exhibits
identified during the hearing, and the testimony of Dr. Robert Peppell, a sports chiropractor and
physiotherapist who currently works with Mr. Watson.12 My credibility determinations are
based largely on the credibility of the NFL investigators. The parties have also submitted post-
hearing briefing.

Looks to me like she had more to go on than just those 4 cases. The documentary evidence probably had more interview notes or transcripts, and who knows what the third-party stuff was. This entire report was nothing but scathing on DW's conduct and the NFL's disciplinary model.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/02/22 05:04 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P

As long as you no longer consider it far fetched I'm good. naughtydevil

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend

Decent guess -- yes -- may actually be true.

Fact? Only if you have a crystal ball or are privy to information that no one else seems to have.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
L
Legend
Legend
L
I thought we traded for my new main man Deshaun?

Apparently we signed our three-time Pro Bowl QB in free agency.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Okay, this thread is officially off the tracks.

[Linked Image]

1 member likes this: IrishDawg42
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2022 Browns/NFL Free Agency Signings/News Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard