Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
I heart Warren Sharp.

I don't heart Sharp's pedo-stache.

He’s a definite weirdo. Warren Sharp is not his real name. There was an article in the New Yorker about him several months ago.

M
Legend
Legend
M
From the link:

Of the 10 NFL teams that actually had the hardest 2021 schedules, only 3 went over their projected win total: Cardinals, Steelers, Raiders

Of the 10 NFL teams that actually had the easiest 2021 schedules, only 3 went under their projected win total: Bills, Broncos, Browns

That's good betting info when seeing those projected win totals and odds.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I heart Warren Sharp.

I don't heart Sharp's pedo-stache.

He’s a definite weirdo. Warren Sharp is not his real name. There was an article in the New Yorker about him several months ago.

Interesting. I'll try and track it down.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C

T
Legend
Legend
T
Schedule releases are not a thing.
There is no anticipation, or there should be no anticipation for a schedule release.
Actually, the attempt to ( oh my) tease the gradual release of when games are played is not a good look it's a bad look for the NFL.

Guess What, The schedule tomorrow, is going to be the same schedule the day after tomorrow.

Finding out a few hours earlier when games are going to be, it doesn't make anyone special.

It's actually pretty much a let down, I thought, the NFL schedules used to be released before the NFL draft, and I think it would be better that way.

I have no interest in finding out, partial information on any teams schedule. IF they cAN"T RELEASE THE WHOLE THING, then it's DUMB!
Why the heck can't they just have the whole schedule.

Guess what I'm NOT going to listen to any information, about, ( oh my, at 6 pm teams are allowed to release their home openers,????)
Oh, well what a bunch of TRASH,
They think Fans are like a bunch of foaming at the mouth dogs for info on a home opener like children waiting for the batter off of cake beaters???

It's not like that, in fact it's pretty insulting, that the NFL would do such a thing. Big Thumbsdown!!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Great read. The New Yorker always has some excellent articles.

Now...someone needs to figure out who is Dov Kleiman.

B
Legend
Legend
B
There is no anticipation, or there should be no anticipation for a schedule release.

I disagree. I go to games from out of town. I have found that booking my hotel rooms is usually cheaper to do it now rather than waiting longer. It's not like I wake up at home on Sunday morning and head to the stadium around 10AM.

Also, it doesn't apply since retiring, but when I was working, my schedule was filling 5-6 months out. At least then the schedule was released mid April. I was able to hold off scheduling in a way to work in the Sept. games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: oobernoober
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Browns vs Baker week 1! willynilly

Based on the home openers that have been released, this looks like a legit schedule.

I won't be mad - looks like a pretty nice, balanced schedule. Easy games at the start and end, with a tough middle.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Browns vs Baker week 1! willynilly

Nerding on NFL had the scoop!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Ending with Steelers is only right.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I like this schedule for the Browns. We could very well get off to a great start, tread water and then win the last two to get in the playoffs.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was hoping for one Sunday night game. I thought the Bills/Browns game had a shot.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm a broken record on this front, but I wish we'd have the first three and last three games be against division rivals. I understand why that does not happen but I like the concept of establishing the division storylines and 1:1 matchups early, then go work on the overall record, then come back to the division to settle the score.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL! We get to lose to Baker in week 1...HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wanna put a wager on that one?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Not a big fan of the 2 away games to finish the season.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't think Washington or Pit will have anything to play for at that stage of their seasons. Both are east coast and close to home. Depending on how competitive the AFC Nth is - we might need wins but we should be in good shape. I can think of far worse final games. As for Week 1 - the Panthers could have Aaron Rogers and we would win, they are going to be a train wreck and Rhule is going to be gone at the end of the season or sooner.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
The Panthers have a good defense and will be at home, but we should win that game. We have opened up at 4.5 point favorites.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I was hoping for one Sunday night game. I thought the Bills/Browns game had a shot.

I agree. I'm thinking early or middle of December.

But, Bengals vs Browns Monday Night in Cleveland on Halloween Night is nice!

V
Legend
Legend
V
All the orange and dark colors is cool on Halloween. LOL

Legend
Legend
Dolphins, Bills, Bucs right after the bye. that's gonna be a big 3 game stretch for this team.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bugs

The Browns vs. Bills game could be flexed to SNF. It’s not out of the question.

V
Legend
Legend
V
That's a tough stretch, bro............but that is why it's important that we get off to a great start in our first 4 and maybe even our first 6 and then end w/2 wins on the road.

Of course, if Watson is suspended to start the season...........that great start won't happen.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by bugs

The Browns vs. Bills game could be flexed to SNF. It’s not out of the question.

That would be nice. Thanks for the info.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Oh boy! So excited for this season! So glad we have a real man at QB, so when we win it all we can all be so proud and feel so good about ourselves. So excited to take my wife and two daughters to the games to watch our record setting QB. Just told my 13 and 16 year old daughters about the legend of DW…guess what they are instant fans!!!

…how pathetic you people are.

C
Legend
Legend
C
The league doesn’t want Watson to be a story during prime time. They are trying to hide him.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Baker_Dawg
Oh boy! So excited for this season! So glad we have a real man at QB, so when we win it all we can all be so proud and feel so good about ourselves. So excited to take my wife and two daughters to the games to watch our record setting QB. Just told my 13 and 16 year old daughters about the legend of DW…guess what they are instant fans!!!

…how pathetic you people are.

Don't worry. Soon enough baker will be on another team you can root for.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
B
Legend
Legend
B
I like the mid season bye. I don't like it when they come too early or too late.

I still don't see any reason why the league can't work in all the byes over a 2 week period at mid season. maybe a few teams end up a week later to keep enough teams to cover all the network obligations. Spreading them out over maybe 8 weeks is stupid.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Doing my old, fat, guy with no rythme dance. Only two prime time games and at least 13 1 PM Sunday games. Unlike many folks I hate Prime Time games, and don't like 4 PM games either.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: Tackman
Legend
Legend
This stretch of games will be tough:

these seven games, in order, starting in Week 5: vs. Chargers, vs. Patriots, at Ravens, vs. Bengals, BYE, at Dolphins, at Bills, vs. Buccaneers.

That will test the metal of the Browns.

Legend
Legend
With the schedule release now all the media get into playing fortune tellers.

Wonderful to see projections of 8 or 9 wins. Expecially when we won 8 games last year with a pathetic offense.

Now with the changes made of DW and Cooper the expectations remain the same. Perfect.

Should be a fun season.

M
Legend
Legend
M
The league doesn’t want Watson to be a story during prime time. They are trying to hide him.

Yup.

The Browns have a Monday night game Week 8. After that, no prime time games. It'd be ironic if Watson's suspension is 8 games.

Tackles are tackles.
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Schedule releases are not a thing.
It's not like that, in fact it's pretty insulting, that the NFL would do such a thing. Big Thumbsdown!!

Everyone is different and what is mundane to one may be exciting to the next. I get what you are saying and am actually in your camp. I don't get worked up about a schedule release. The only thing I look forward to is seeing if they are playing in Houston. That is the closet to where I am and my son is a Texans' fan. I have never been to a Browns game in person that they won. I am hoping to break that curse some day.

I also look to see what games are being played the week of Thanksgiving. I go to Ohio to have Thanksgiving every year and hunt the family farm that next week. I might go to the game if possible, but more than likely will watch it with my mom, brothers and sister.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by bonefish
With the schedule release now all the media get into playing fortune tellers.

Wonderful to see projections of 8 or 9 wins. Expecially when we won 8 games last year with a pathetic offense.

Now with the changes made of DW and Cooper the expectations remain the same. Perfect.

Should be a fun season.
I don't want to predict wins/losses. Not knowing which QB will be on the field makes that difficult. Our backup's are backup's for a reason.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Doing my old, fat, guy with no rythme dance. Only two prime time games and at least 13 1 PM Sunday games. Unlike many folks I hate Prime Time games, and don't like 4 PM games either.

I agree.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I agree.

Agreed as well. Give me the 1PM games.

Tackles are tackles.
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Yep the browns will be dangerous on offense this year. They definitely have a much bigger threat at QB.

Legend
Legend

Yup.

The Browns have a Monday night game Week 8. After that, no prime time games. It'd be ironic if Watson's suspension is 8 games.

It'll be six or seven so that his return is in prime time. The NFL loves a spectacle.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I agree.

That's when I want my football.

Only thing about 4pm is I have more time to cook and can do ribs.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ

I agree.

That's when I want my football.

Only thing about 4pm is I have more time to cook and can do ribs.

Cook the day before, refrigerate, then finish them an hour before 1pm kick-off.

#ribseveryday

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
You can also boil them for 15-20 minutes...low rolling boil before putting on grill to finish the cook.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns 2022 schedule

Link Copied to Clipboard