Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
]

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You might want to wait 2 more years before posting about the Trump White House. rofl

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I see you didn't get the message in 2020. Proof it takes some people longer than others.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Chilling

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
You might want to wait 2 more years before posting about the Trump White House. rofl

Listening to this has got to make you uncomfortable. I mean, Your pretty boy leader was a fool....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
Chilling

But not totally unexpected.
He's that breed of dumbass villain who says the quiet ish out loud. He's never been clever or circumspect.

Every new story that comes out reinforces the previous stories from other insiders. These people all have 2 things in common:

1. They had every reason to hide this stuff from us while they worked for him.
2. They have no reason to hide this stuff from us now that they don't.

The evidence has been in front of us the entire time. Now, former insiders are opening the curtains. LOTS of former insiders. Mark Esper is but the most recent in an ever-growing list of folks who saw this 'person' in action.
A very complete composite of this man is being compiled. From news stories he labels as 'fake' to tell-all books with verifiable footnotes, his profile is on public display. Those who don't see this portrait do so by choice.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: PitDAWG, bonefish
Legend
Legend
IT was right in front of us.... we all saw it, But trumpians ignored it...

You can tell how truthful a person like Esper is by the amount of crap that comes out of Trumps mouth.. The more Trump complains about it, the more likely it's true....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think he's telling the truth, but still don't like his motivation. Why the hell would he not have immediately said something when Trump was voted out? All I really heard was "Trump and company were nuts, so I subverted their efforts, and now I'm doing my best to save face and recreate my legacy". If he did stop all that, he and Milley, they deserve our respect. But I can't help but notice how he made himself the hero of his own story. Just saying.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/10/22 09:16 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
gotta sell them boox

He's pretty much like the rest of them: senators who locate their vertebrae after they retire, cabinet members who toady until they're dumped, then drop salacious nuggets (Omorosa), and fakeazz fools like Kevin McCarthy who 'support' Mar-a-Lardo in public, but talk s# about him behind his back.

Dude sat back, scribbled in his notebook, and planned to make bank off his time with SCROTUS once he was out, instead of doing the honorable thing- sounding a warning to all of us. About as cynical and self-serving as could be. Typical, these days.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
While I agree with both of you to some extent, I think Esper's explanation for that holds some weight. If he spoke out loud the minute one of these things happened as "a warning", he would have been fired. Who would Trump have appointed to the job next? Would the next person have kept the guardrails in place or would that person just have bowed to Trump's wishes? I can't imagine where we might be now if Esper had been replaced earlier on by a Trump loyalist.

And once Trump lost the election, what difference did it make how quickly he came out with all of this as long as it was well before the 2022 election? Yeah, it is self serving so on that level I agree with you.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I'm looking forward to buying his book.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Thanks for posting, I'd not have seen otherwise.

Chilling is indeed about the best single word summary.

We still get the Trump trolls that will ignore what's in front and all around them. And I doubt Fox covers such news. Instead they will vilify Esper as a RINO and dismiss what he says.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
While I agree with both of you to some extent, I think Esper's explanation for that holds some weight. If he spoke out loud the minute one of these things happened as "a warning", he would have been fired. Who would Trump have appointed to the job next? Would the next person have kept the guardrails in place or would that person just have bowed to Trump's wishes? I can't imagine where we might be now if Esper had been replaced earlier on by a Trump loyalist.

And once Trump lost the election, what difference did it make how quickly he came out with all of this as long as it was well before the 2022 election? Yeah, it is self serving so on that level I agree with you.

I get that, but I think to an extent Esper was a loyalist. He never disobeyed a direct order from POTUS, words from his mouth. So who knows what kind of crap he actually did beyond this, because knowing how inept they are there had to be a multitude of other events. So he gets credit for what he stopped, but he is still suspect as hell to me.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Trump Wanted to Reinstate Retired Officers to Face Court-Martial for 'Disloyalty,' New Book Claims

Former President Donald Trump was so determined to hit back at two retired military officers who’d criticized him that he considered recalling them to active duty so he could open court-martial proceedings, former Sec. of Defense Mark Esper writes in his new book.

In A Sacred Oath, out Tuesday, Esper claims he and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley, talked the president out of a plan to reactivate retired U.S. Navy Adm. William McRaven and retired U.S. Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal so they might be disciplined.

“Doing this ‘will backfire on you, Mr. President,’ we said,” Esper writes, according to Insider.

Trump told the then-secretary of defense and Milley that McRaven and McChrystal were “so disloyal” for criticizing the president in interviews and in published op-eds.

He also believed McChrystal was helping Democrats to “track down and counter Trump supporters” with artificial intelligence, writes Esper, who said the former president was “spun up” by media reports about the claims.

McRaven, a former head of U.S. Special Operations Command, led the operation that included a raid on al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, who was killed in May of 2011.

McChrystal served as the head of the Joint Special Operations Command from 2003 to 2008 and later led all international forces in Afghanistan.

Both men had been outspoken about the former president’s attacks on the media and other critics.

“I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency,” McRaven wrote in The Washington Post‘s opinion pages in 2018, after Trump revoked security clearance for former CIA director John Brennan.

That same year, McChrystal told ABC News that he believed the president was immoral and dishonest.

Milley convinced Trump to abandon the plan to go after the retired officers by promising to “personally call the officers and ask them to dial it back,” according to Esper.

A rep for Trump did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the details revealed in Esper’s book.

The former Sec. of Defense also writes in the book that the episode demonstrated an aspect of the White House during Trump’s presidency, when, he said, politics could override policy.

“People were removed from positions simply because the White House wanted to replace them with more hard-core Trump loyalists, regardless of qualifications,” Esper writes.

Esper also reportedly wrote that the former president complained to him about the look of the U.S. Navy’s ships, which he thought were “ugly” compared to “nicer, sleeker” Russian and Italian ships.

Trump fired Esper in Nov. 2020, following his presidential election loss and a dispute in 2020 between them over invoking the Insurrection Act, which would have allowed the former president to send the military into states in response to protests during the turmoil over the killing of George Floyd.

In a statement to 60 Minutes about Esper’s interview on the show, Trump said the former secretary was fired because he was “incapable of leading.” He added: “I had to run the military myself.”

Read the original article on People https://people.com/politics/trump-wanted-reinstate-retired-officers-face-court-martial/

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wow, what a scumbag.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Trump once asked his aides if China had developed a 'Hurricane Gun' that could be used on the US: report

Former President Donald Trump once fixated on the idea that China had a weapon that could fire human-made hurricanes at the US, according to a Rolling Stone article published on Tuesday.

The outlet spoke to two senior Trump administration officials and his former press secretary Stephanie Grisham about his interest in the matter.

The two sources, who spoke to Rolling Stone under the condition of anonymity, said Trump began asking his aides about the supposed Chinese weapon during the first year of his presidency and that the issue kept resurfacing until the second year.

Some staffers later mockingly referred to Trump's idea as the "Hurricane Gun" theory, per the outlet.

According to the officials, Trump also asked if the US could retaliate militarily if such a weapon existed, per Rolling Stone.

"I was present once when he asked if China 'made' hurricanes to send to us," one of the former officials told the outlet, adding that Trump "wanted to know if the technology existed."

"One guy in the room responded, 'Not to the best of my knowledge, sir.' I kept it together until I got back to my office … I do not know where the president would have heard about that," the former official told Rolling Stone. "He was asking about it around the time, maybe a little before he asked people about nuking hurricanes."

"It was almost too stupid for words," said the other former official, per the outlet. "I did not get the sense he was joking at all."

Grisham told Rolling Stone that the idea of Trump asking about China's "Hurricane Gun" did not surprise her.

"Stuff like that was not unusual for him. He would blurt out crazy things all the time, and tell aides to look into it or do something about it," said Grisham, per the outlet. "His staff would say they'd look into knowing that more often than not, he'd forget about it quickly — much like a toddler."

Trump's spokesperson did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on the matter.

The former president also once asked about the possibility of using nuclear weapons to stop hurricanes from hitting the US, positing without any scientific evidence that the US could "drop a bomb" into the eye of a hurricane to disrupt its course.

Trump has also baselessly claimed that climate change was a Chinese hoax, which prompted a strong rebuttal from Beijing in 2016.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trump-once-asked-aides-china-034744610.html

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
g3n1uS.

A
Legend
Legend
A
At least he wasn't worried that Guam would tip over...capsize.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Well in all of the things he was worried about, at least you're left with a consolation prize.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
His stupidity knows no limits. He’s actually genius level stupid.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
His stupidity knows no limits. He’s actually genius level stupid.
was it here or someplace else people were talking about how stupid a person needs to be to have no clue how stupid they actually are .... Trump is that person.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/11/22 06:28 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
It's called the Dunning-Kruger effect.
The less knowledge or skill a person possesses, the more intelligent/competent they think themselves to be.

And yes, it's been discussed here.
I even gave out t-shirts to a some posters who really seemed to deserve them.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
gotta sell them boox

He's pretty much like the rest of them: senators who locate their vertebrae after they retire, cabinet members who toady until they're dumped, then drop salacious nuggets (Omorosa), and fakeazz fools like Kevin McCarthy who 'support' Mar-a-Lardo in public, but talk s# about him behind his back.

Dude sat back, scribbled in his notebook, and planned to make bank off his time with SCROTUS once he was out, instead of doing the honorable thing- sounding a warning to all of us. About as cynical and self-serving as could be. Typical, these days.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
I know that many in the Trump camp will say,,, ahh, it's sour grapes... But it appears to be backed up by a lot of others in the form admin...

Basically, couple this stuff to what we actually saw and heard from the Trump, I believe it all.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That was a great Tweet to show how some wish to be blind and dismissive about someone who it seems will be running for president yet again by playing the "shoot the messenger" game.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Behind the Scene at the Trump White House

Link Copied to Clipboard