Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Nice work, man!!

I have found few things more rewarding than positive lifestyle changes. Eating better/smarter and keeping fit. I've also learned that "keeping fit" is a sliding scale. What is a good day's workout for a beginner is maybe round 1 of the warmup for someone else, but as long as you're doing work and getting the body going and always challenging yourself, the rest takes care of itself.

and to play along, I'm not trying to lose weight, per se, but improve my body composition. I was largely sedentary throughout 2020 and 2021 and got back to the gym (Crossfit) back in January. Between buckling down on my food choices and slowly building back to being at the gym 4-5 days per week, I can visibly see serious improvements in both body composition and strength regained.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 05/12/22 03:02 PM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Age brings arthritis so movement is important.

I have been lap swimming for about twelve years. I go 2 or 3 times a week. Swim a half mile and high step walk in shoulder deep water for 20 minutes.
The workout is a full hour. I have logged way over a thousand miles. It has been a huge help all the way around. Keeps me right were I should be without injury. The big thing is I like doing it. So, I don't skip any workout.

Weight has never been an issue. Wear the same size I have always worn.

I can't stop the aches and pains of age but I do my best to limit them. The arthritis in my feet and ankle can be painful. That is why swimming works the best for me. It takes the pounding off the joints.

Eating right has been a way of life. Never even think about it. I am no fanatic just eat healthy stuff.

I know many who have fought weight problems their whole life. I do understand how it happens. But I love to hear how people turn that leaf and reap the benefits of just being as healthy as they can get.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg
I did the Phil Mickelson fast. 6 day fast lost 12#, then every two weeks you do a 36 hr fast. 217 from 261 since June. My knees and back feel a lot better!

Almost a year now 195# now feeling great!

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
4 members like this: bonefish, EveDawg, PortlandDawg
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Yeah .... so .... fat guy's going on a diet

Link Copied to Clipboard