M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
By CAROLYN THOMPSON, MICHAEL BALSAMO and DAVE COLLINS
a minute ago
https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-supermarket-shooting-442c6d97a073f39f99d006dbba40f64b

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A gunman in military-style clothing opened fire with a rifle at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, in what authorities called a “hate crime and racially motived violent extremism,” killing 10 people and wounding three others before being taken in custody Saturday afternoon, law enforcement officials said.

The gunman was identified as Payton Gendron of Conklin, a community about 200 miles (320 kilometers) southeast of Buffalo in New York state, two law enforcement officials told the AP. The officials were not permitted to speak publicly on the matter and did so on the condition of anonymity.

The suspect was being questioned Saturday evening by the FBI, one of the officials said, and was expected to appear in court later Saturday.

Officials said 11 of the victims were Black and two are white. The shooting happened in a predominantly Black neighborhood a few miles (kilometers) north of downtown Buffalo.

“This is the worst nightmare that any community can face, and we are hurting and we are seething right now,” Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said at a news conference. “The depth of pain that families are feeling and that all of us are feeling right now cannot even be explained.”

Erie County Sheriff John Garcia added, “This was pure evil. It was straight up racially motivated hate crime from somebody outside of our community, outside of the City of Good neighbors ... coming into our community and trying to inflict that evil upon us.”

Police officials said the gunman opened fire with a rifle at a Tops Friendly Market. Investigators believe he may have been streaming the shooting through a camera affixed to his helmet, one of the officials said.

The video showed the gunman pulling up to the front of the store with a rifle on the front seat and then pointing the rifle at people in the parking lot as he exited the vehicle and opening fire, the official said.

It also shows the suspect walking into the supermarket and shooting several other victims inside, the official said. One of the victims was a recently retired police officer who was working as a security guard at the store, according to the official.

The supermarket is in a predominately Black neighborhood, about 3 miles (5 kilometers) north of downtown Buffalo. The surrounding area is primarily residential, with a Family Dollar store and fire station near the store.

Witnesses reported the gunman was wearing military-style clothing in addition to the body armor and a helmet, one of the law enforcement officials told AP.

Braedyn Kephart and Shane Hill, both 20, pulled into the parking lot just as the shooter was exiting. They described him as a white male in his late teens or early twenties sporting full camo, a black helmet and what appeared to be a rifle.

“He was standing there with the gun to his chin. We were like what the heck is going on? Why does this kid have a gun to his face?” Kephart said. He dropped to his knees. “He ripped off his helmet, dropped his gun, and was tackled by the police.”

At the White House, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said President Joe Biden is receiving regular updates on the shooting and its aftermath.

“The president has been briefed by his Homeland Security advisor on the horrific shooting in Buffalo, N.Y., this afternoon. He will continue to receive updates throughout the evening and tomorrow as further information develops,” she said, adding the president and first lady were praying for the victims and their loved ones.

Tops Friendly Markets released a statement saying, “We are shocked and deeply saddened by this senseless act of violence and our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”

Police closed off the block, lined by spectators, and yellow police taped surrounded the full parking lot. Mayor Brown and Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz were at the scene late Saturday afternoon, gathered in a parking lot across the street from the Tops store and expected to address the media.

More than two hours of the shooting, Erica Pugh-Mathews was waiting outside the store, behind the police tape.

“We would like to know the status of my aunt, my mother’s sister. She was in there with her fiance, they separated and went to different aisles,” she said. “A bullet barely missed him. He was able to hide in a freezer but he was not able to get to my aunt and does not know where she is. We just would like word either way if she’s OK.”

Gov. Kathy Hochul tweeted that she was “closely monitoring the shooting at a grocery store in Buffalo,” her hometown. She said state officials have offered help to local authorities. The Erie County Sheriff’s Office said on social media that it ordered all available personnel to assist Buffalo police.

Attorney General Merrick Garland was briefed on the shooting, Justice Department spokesperson Anthony Coley said.

The shooting came little more than a year after a March 2021 attack at a King Soopers grocery in Boulder, Colorado, that killed 10 people. Investigators have not released any information about why they believe the man charged in that attack targeted the supermarket.

___

Associated Press reporters John Wawrow in Buffalo and Eric Tucker in Washington contributed to this report. Balsamo reported from Washington and Collins reported from Hartford, Connecticut.

Last edited by Referee 3; 05/25/22 08:45 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
USA = real life GTA

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Awful and horrific!

18 years old.

And he livestreamed the attack!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 05/14/22 09:01 PM.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
UPDATES:
10 dead in mass shooting at Buffalo supermarket

By Adrienne Vogt, Joe Ruiz and Meg Wagner, CNN

Updated 8:42 p.m. ET, May 14, 2022
LINK

What we know
Ten people were killed and three injured during a mass shooting at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket Saturday afternoon, according to the city's police commissioner.
The shooting is being investigated as a hate crime, the FBI said.
The suspect was arraigned on a charge of murder in first degree Saturday evening, a district attorney said.

Ten people were killed in a racially motivated mass shooting at a supermarket in Buffalo on Saturday by a suspect in tactical gear who was livestreaming the attack, law enforcement officials said during a news conference.

Here's what we know so far about the attack:

How the attack unfolded: Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said the suspect drove to the Tops Friendly Markets store around 2:30 p.m. ET. Wearing tactical gear, he shot four people in the parking lot, Gramaglia said, and then went inside the store, where a security guard engaged him. The suspect shot and killed the guard and then "continued to work his way through the store," Gramaglia said.
About the victims: A total of 13 people were shot, 10 fatally, officials said Saturday. Four of the people who were shot were store employees, including the security guard. Out of the 13 victims, 11 are Black while two are White, according to Gramaglia said.
There's a hate crime investigation: Saturday's mass shooting in Buffalo is being investigated as a hate crime, the FBI said. Officials did not elaborate.
The shooting was livestreamed: Twitch, the popular livestreaming platform best known for gaming, confirmed on Saturday that the shooting suspect used its platform to stream a live broadcast during the attack. CNN has obtained a portion of the Twitch livestream that shows the shooter pulling up to the market.
Officials are reviewing a possible manifesto: Two federal law enforcement officials told CNN that investigators are reviewing a purported manifesto posted online in connection with the Buffalo mass shooting probe.
The suspect was arraigned: The suspect was arraigned Saturday evening in Buffalo City Court Chief Judge Craig Hannah's courtroom, the judge told CNN. The suspect was arraigned on a charge of murder in the first degree, Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said. The judge also ordered a forensic examination, he said.
What happens next: There will be a felony hearing in five days, Flynn said. Stephen Belongia, special agent in charge of the FBI Buffalo field office, said the FBI is "investigating this at the federal level, as a hate crime. And as an instance of a racially motivated violent extremism." At a news conference, he added, "We will bring all of the resources of the federal government to bear on this case. This is the number one priority of the Department of Justice, and I can assure the citizens of this community that anything that we can do at the federal level, with this case will be done. And justice will be served for the victims."

26 min ago
Suspect arraigned in Buffalo supermarket shooting
From CNN’s Sabrina Shulman and Artemis Moshtaghian

The suspect in the shooting at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, was arraigned Saturday evening, Buffalo City Court Chief Judge Craig Hannah told CNN.

The suspect, identified as Payton Gendron, 18, was arraigned in Hannah’s courtroom, the judge said.

"Justice is already being done, immediately," Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said at a news conference Saturday night.

"This individual has been arraigned on murder in the first degree, which is the highest charge — murder charge in New York state. It carries with it a sentence of life without parole, the highest punishment we have a New York state. He was remanded. The judge ordered a forensic examination. A felony hearing will now take place in five days. And then the investigation continues."

Flynn said the judge was called up to arraign the suspect tonight.

"We are now investigating terrorism charges, other murder charges, along with working with our partners in the federal government so that they can perhaps file charges as well. So I assure everyone in this community, justice is being done right now and justice will be done," Flynn said.

42 min ago
This was "a military-style execution targeting people who simply want to buy groceries," NY governor says

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul expressed outrage following the "military-style execution" at a Buffalo supermarket.
"A military-style execution targeting people who simply want to buy groceries in a neighborhood store. It strikes us to our very hearts to know that there is such evil that looks out there," she said at a news conference.

Hochul said it is her "sincere hope" that the suspect, who is facing a charge of murder in first degree, "will spend the rest of the day his days behind bars."

"Heaven help him in the next world as well," she added.

1 hr 10 min ago
Twitch says livestream of mass shooting was removed in under two minutes
From CNN’s Brian Stelter

A spokesperson for Twitch said that the company removed the livestream by the Buffalo supermarket mass shooting suspect less than two minutes after the attack started.

Social media companies have struggled to keep up with a torrent of violent content on their platforms, so Twitch's performance may be applauded by some, while still criticized by others.

The company did not immediately respond to follow-up questions about whether the suspect was still actively firing when the livestream was halted.

1 hr 28 min ago
Livestream of shooting shows gunman pulling up to supermarket and saying, "Just got to go for it"
From CNN's Sharif Paget

CNN has obtained a portion of the Twitch livestream that shows the shooter pulling up to a Tops Friendly Markets store in Buffalo, New York, before opening fire on people Saturday afternoon.

The video is taken from the point of view of the shooter as he's driving into the parking lot of the Tops market. The shooter, who is seen in the rearview mirror wearing a helmet, is heard saying, "Just got to go for it" before he pulls into the front of the store. In the video, store patrons can be seen walking through the parking lot as the suspect drives up.

In a news conference on Saturday evening, Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said the shooting was livestreamed.

In a statement sent to CNN, Twitch confirmed the shooting was streamed and said the user "has been indefinitely suspended from our service, and we are taking all appropriate action, including monitoring for any accounts rebroadcasting this content."

CNN is not airing the video at this time.

1 hr 56 min ago
Buffalo supermarket shooting live-streamed on Twitch, platform says
From CNN’s Brian Stelter

Twitch, the popular live-streaming platform best known for gaming, confirmed on Saturday that the Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect used its platform to stream a live broadcast during the attack.

"We are devastated to hear about the shooting that took place this afternoon in Buffalo, New York," the company said. "Our hearts go out to the community impacted by this tragedy. Twitch has a zero-tolerance policy against violence of any kind and works swiftly to respond to all incidents."
Twitch said that the user "has been indefinitely suspended from our service, and we are taking all appropriate action, including monitoring for any accounts rebroadcasting this content."

Officials during a news conference earlier Saturday did not say where the livestream was, only that it was on a "social media platform," according to Erie County District Attorney John J. Flynn.

1 hr 22 min ago
Homeland Security secretary briefed on Buffalo shooting
From CNN's Gregory Clary

Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas has been briefed on the shooting in Buffalo, according to an official tweet from the department.

“DHS is actively coordinating with all relevant local, state, and federal agencies and will continue to provide the Department’s full support,” according to the tweet.

1 hr 45 min ago
Erie County DA says Buffalo shooting suspect will be arraigned on charge of murder in first degree tonight
From CNN's Sabrina Shulman and Samantha Beech in New York

Updates that are time stamped earlier can be seen by clicking the link below and scrolling down...

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/buffalo-supermarket-mass-shooting/index.html

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Care to talk about how Tucker Carlson spreads the White Replacement/Great Replacement theory? The individual who did this attack directly cites these talking points that come on a nightly basis and on the radio from Carlson.

O
Legend
Legend
O

YEP.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/15/22 12:52 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Everything looks pretty clear cut. I don't think there are many questions about him doing this.

I am all for everybody getting a fair trial, but things like this shouldn't take too long. Get him evaluated, then to trial and put it behind us. Life in prison. If the death penalty is in play, get any mandatory appeals out of the way and end it. To me it is a cruel and unusual punishment to give the death penalty then not carry it out until 15 years later.

Again, this is when there is zero doubt about who committed the crime.

Some may use this as a political deal. I don't see it that way at all. It is a human thing, and we just don't need people like that, no matter what their crazy mind used to motivate them

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Would you support removing hosts from air that repeat the same talking points in his manifesto?

There’s one currently on fox who says this to millions every single night.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by RocketOptimist
Would you support removing hosts from air that repeat the same talking points in his manifesto?

We might disagree on the manifesto, and we might just disagree on most things, but probably not.

I might not agree with "Woke" on nearly anything, but I wouldn't be in favor of censoring. I think that as a society we have sides, and each side it too tolerant of the bad actors on their side of things. Let's get rid of some of the bad actors and I think guys like you and I would probably be more in agreement than we think. Unfortunately, as humans we have a long history of thinking the other tribe, nation, or clan has to go.

Hey, good to see you posting a little more.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

i can't speak for peen, but my answer to that question is no.

you know better than anybody how much i hate racist. however, i don't need racist or white nationalist to be banned. they still have constitutional rights to so whatever the hell they want, as long as its not intentionally inciting violence.

my belief has always been that if i feel strongly against whatever someone like Tucker is saying, then my own beliefs should be solid enough to counter their opinions. you see this play out on the boards all the time. if i feel strongly enough that whoever posting is posting stupid nonsense, imma respond. i don't need them banned, or restricted. doing that not only validates their beliefs, but makes it seem like we want to suppress speech we don't like. to do that, Rocket, would be us turning into Ron DeSantis and the other right wing losers.

remember: conservatives tried that crap with muslim extremism. they wanted to ban mosque cause they swore up and down that they were preaching terrorism inside, and people would go and act on it. guess what i do that got me banned from my own family (lol)? trashed the dog crap out of islam and told them how backwards their views are. it sucked, but i haven't lost any sleep over it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: Ballpeen, PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually agree with you. The only problem I see with it is this. Take people like Tucker and his promotion of the white replacement theory. There are white supremacist groups all over the internet. Groups that promote overthrowing the government as well. So it's not as if Tucker is some isolated case. But as much as some would refuse to admit it, FOX News is no less a part of mainstream media as any other major news network. Tucker isn't some nobody with a third rate web site. When he speaks it gives it a certain amount of legitimacy to those who listen and believe him. So do things like "There were good people on both sides". When you have several elected officials spouting this nonsense each and every one of them are adding credence to such extremists. They embolden them.

Where I agree with those on the right is that most of these people who commit such crimes do have some sort of mental illness. Where I have a problem is they never seem willing to admit that it's many such groups, people and politicians whose words manipulate, instigate and insight those mentally ill people to commit such atrocities. They add to the vile that gives their way of thinking credibility. And that's the most sickening part of it all.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
it is far too easy to methodically destroy the White Replacement Theory. the issue is that our liberal leaders self-segregate themselves from conservative outlets, allowing a cesspool of echo chambers to manifest with little to no pushback. one thing about conservatives that i have always gave them mad credibility for is being willing to go straight into the lion's den and fight for their beliefs. they know that SOMEONE is always listening, as social movements are like planting seeds and encouraging the ideas to blossom into action.

that's why i can't help myself but get sucked into the arguments. because at the end of the day, this kind of crap happens *in part* because people have their ideas validated by the worst of the worst, and literally no one is around them to tell them any different, until it's too late.

bro just in my experience growing up combined with the current events of today, nobody calls white people 'white trash' more than other white people. so please correct me if i'm wrong, but it's my opinion that there is a very deep and unaddressed divide amongst white americans, and unfortunately the negative reactions and outburst from said divide gets unleashed upon minority groups in this country.

minorities always seem to argue in favor of breaking down the narratives with white nationalist types, but a large percentage of white americans won't even bother to engage with them. and that's a problem because ultimately they will value more of what someone who is white will say over a minority due to race. but too many white liberals won't even bother engaging with far right figures, and minorities end up going 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

I don't see that as being any different than blaming rappers for inciting violence and promoting sexual abuse. If you're against one you should be against the other.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: FATE, Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
I will address the "white trash" issue. I find that to have been true on a much larger scale quite some time ago. And I would agree while it still is true, not on the scale it used to be. I certainly think it's more valid amongst progressives who are well off or well educated now than anywhere else.

The reason for that is that Republicans wish to embrace the uneducated to garner their political support. They pander to them as the forgotten people. The people who have no voice. And it works like a charm. So the noise about white trash has silenced from the right even though at one time they were no less guilty of it.

And you are right about much of white society giving more credence to what a white person says over that of a minority especially in regards to the political right. In the first place I think all people can much more easily believe, trust and think people who resemble themselves understand them better. They identify with people who most closely resemble themselves. I think that holds true for most every race of people. Secondly it's not hard to see how those on the right vilify race. You only need to look at the BLM movement as the latest example of that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Wow.

I guess since we're making generalities, I could say this: The dem's pander to the poor, those "without a voice" and promise financial redistribution, all while making it easier to not work and just suck off the teet of the gov't., all in the name of getting votes.

How many people have TRULY benefited? Oh, sure, LOTS of people. (hint: even whites) yes, they benefit in that they can survive, but not achieve more than survival.

Instead of "I will help you to help yourself", it's become "I'll help you survive, and I'll tax the "rich" (with loop holes to allow them out of it), but just vote for me.

3 members like this: Versatile Dog, jfanent, FrankZ
P
Legend
Legend
P
You could say that. Both parties pander to their voters. The main problem I see with what you stated is that only people with children are eligible for welfare benefits. So you could also say those who wish to ban abortions are trying to raise the cost of social programs through the roof by forcing more poor babies to be born. I know the right loves to fall back on the wealth distribution line any time the dems bring up making the wealthy and corporations pay their fair share in taxes. I find it rather amusing you pay such a huge percentage in taxes while sticking up for that BS rhetoric. It's almost like you're willing to bite your nose off to spite your face.

I'll remind you again, only one side is trying to force the ultra wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes. And instead of supporting that, you would rather blame them for creating the mess rather than admit they are the only one's trying to fix it. Murica!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Care to talk about how Tucker Carlson spreads the White Replacement/Great Replacement theory? The individual who did this attack directly cites these talking points that come on a nightly basis and on the radio from Carlson.

Unlike you, I blame the shooter.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
P
Legend
Legend
P
But not the inspiration that helped get him there....

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
You get it because you are smart enough to know that "what comes around, goes around".

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
But not the inspiration that helped get him there....

A subjective subject.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I can see why you would say that. And to some extent I agree with you. But I think we both agree that the people who commit such atrocities have mental issues.

And actually to make my position more clear, I'm not trying to say that motivating these people to commit such acts is the intended purpose of people like Tucker. But let's face it, when someone has mental issues portraying things like white replacement theory into their brain may certainly cause unintended consequences. As I said, there are tons of places one can go on the internet to find these same motivations that have caused people to commit violence over all of recorded history. Let's not pretend there isn't a long history of it among the KKK and the white supremacist movements. They act like a cult to take over those who are weak minded and can be convinced of their nonsense. Point being, when you get people who many feel to be credible like Tucker and elected politicians to repeat some of those same things, it gives people more and more reason to believe these things are true and credible.

It's a very dangerous path to walk down.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

Last edited by archbolddawg; 05/15/22 02:20 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Candace Owens Exposes Media Hypocrisy in Their Lopsided Coverage of Two Mass Murders
By J.D. Rucker • May. 15, 2022

The differences in coverage of crimes in America have never been more glaring. Heavily biased corporate media plays favorites, as they always have, but today’s Mainstream Media Industrial Complex has taken a full-blown suppress-or-amplify approach to the news that is both despicable and destructive. They suppress anything that defies their narrative and they amplify anything that supports it.

The latest blatant examples are connected. On one hand we have the Buffalo mass murder that happened over the weekend and on the other hand we have the Waukesha mass murder that happened last December. Buffalo’s murders were perpetrated by a White male racist. Waukesha’s murders were perpetrated by a Black male racist. One would think that the level of coverage would be approximately the same since both hideous crimes represent the worst aspects of America, but that’s not the case. There has already been more coverage by corporate media of the Buffalo attack in one day than there has been of the Waukesha attack in over five months.

Conservative commentator Candace Owens from The Daily Wire, author of Blackout, took notice and expressed her thoughts on it all:

A black supremacist took a vehicle and plowed it into a group of white people at a Christmas parade in Waukesha. A white supremacist carved the name of one of those white parade victims onto a rifle and livestreamed a mass shooting in a majority black neighborhood.

Both acts are heinous but they will not earn equal coverage in the media. Our dishonest, race-obsessed media should be blamed for BOTH of these massacres. They will elevate the Buffalo shooting because white crimes vs. black victims is preferred. The cycle of hatred continues.

Both acts are heinous but they will not earn equal coverage in the media.
Our dishonest, race-obsessed media should be blamed for BOTH of these massacres.
They will elevate the Buffalo shooting because white crimes vs. black victims is preferred.

The cycle of hatred continues.

— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) May 15, 2022

***Support The Liberty Daily and Mike Lindell -- use code TLD at MyPillow.com and get up to 66% off!***
Dangers in our society must be highlighted based on their level of threat, not based upon a prescribed narrative from radical progressives. The Buffalo massacre fits their narrative that White racist men with firearms are being triggered by people like Tucker Carlson (which isn’t true but that’s not stopping the left from lying about it) to commit their heinous acts. It helps the radical progressives promote their belief in one-way racism while also reinvigorating their push for gun control.

Meanwhile, the Waukesha massacre was quickly swept under the rug. It was racially driven. It was a hate crime. Innocent victims died from it. Yet, the murderer didn’t use a gun and wasn’t White, therefore it has been memory-holed forever by corporate media. It’s noteworthy that the Waukesha victim whose name was carved into the rifle of the Buffalo murderer has not been mentioned by corporate media. They do not want to remind people how lopsided their coverage has been.

If you love the news, check out The Liberty Daily's homepage.
ALL crimes of this magnitude need to be covered thoroughly. An honest media would never base their level of coverage on the narrative the crime supports. But we haven’t had honest media in some time, and that in itself is a threat to our freedom.

https://thelibertydaily.com/candace...r-lopsided-coverage-of-two-mass-murders/

O
Legend
Legend
O
For half a second, it looked like this would stay friendly and we would all agree it's bad to mass murder and the rhetoric was not healthy. But then 40 hits the denial button and singles out the young man (the shooter) as the only one culpable when this poison is hitting millions of ears a day. Then SB posts some more altright spam and I'm wondering why any on the left would want to move forward with these people. I'm seeing a pattern where they get amiable only long enough to regroup and attack again. You others on the left want to play nice, go ahead. Hope you are wearing back armor, because the knives are out on the right.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/15/22 03:46 PM.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
... when this poison is hitting millions of ears a day.

[Linked Image from 66.media.tumblr.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
For half a second, it looked like this would stay friendly ...

LMAO.............this thread was made to throw shade at one side and some of you jumped all over it. Meanwhile, murders that occur far more frequently by the other side are ignored and even justified.

Both "sides" suck. Some of you can't get that through your heads. Instead of trying to mend fences, you burn bridges.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm ready to go in that direction Vers, to an extent. Won't apologize to any Trump supporters still supporting him though. It is what it is until they are ready to be normal reasonable members of our democracy again. That's as far as I go until then, but I to am sick of constant bashing and never getting straight facts that we should all agree on, since we are one people, you know? I had you on ignore so we wouldn't fight, but you have said some on point things in PF that I enjoyed reading (click to view), so I decided we/I could/would at least try to be civil. Maybe you and I can fix it by starting with us. You didn't deserve everything I threw at you when we were bickering. I was pissed and went too far. I apologize for that much. Kumbaya.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Put someone on ignore, but still read there posts. Typical.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
Awful and horrific!

18 years old.

And he livestreamed the attack!

Hope the [censored] never sees the light of day again...

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My thought is that this mirrors the El Paso shooting of a couple of years ago.

White kid, white nationalist drives a couple of hundred miles, and shoots indiscriminately at a store location full of minorities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_El_Paso_shooting

Yeah as long a we choose to define ourselves by the ethnicity/race, we will have problems.

People are people, until someone creates an Us versus Them scenario.

It is sad.

We know the origins, and we know what has to be done, it begins by accepting people as people.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

2 members like this: jfanent, mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt that wacho's find motivation. Chapman found Jody Foster to be his motivation to shoot John Lennon. What motivated a guy like Charlie Manson?

I think we try to look at the motivation rather than just look at the deranged person. It's one thing to not like something or someone. It's a totally different deal when you take that dislike and start killing people.

It becomes dangerous when we as a society try to put some reason behind unreasonable acts. The word unreasonable says it all.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The most interesting thing is that this kid dressed like those that attacked the Capital.... Paramilitary dumbo...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I'm not sure why but many people listen to Tucker Carlson and think his word is gospel.... Personally, I would like those that incite misdeeds to be treated in a similar way as those that actually commit those misdeeds...For me that means nailing Trump, Trump Jr., Rudy, Eastman and a few others to the wall for Jan 6.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
LMAO.............this thread was made to throw shade at one side and some of you jumped all over it.

vers...I started this thread and if you have a problem with that, say so..!

Seemed like it would be a top story and subject of discussion for the entire country, let alone DT.

Got something to say... say it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I did say it.

Legend
Legend
jc

so few people wants to address the fact that this dude intentionally looked up a zip code with a majority black demographic, scouted the area, dressed like he was going to iraq, and killed 10 people specifically due to the thought that white people were being replaced.

seems like posters want to talk about everything but the actual topic at hand. i wonder how many posters actually believe in this white replacement theory....

and FYI, this is the 4th or 5th mass shooting incident in the last few years specifically dealing with this 'replacement' nonsense. but i'm sure people gonna play the "whatabout" game because it's easier to deflect.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Odd how a mass shooter outright says it was white supremacist internet BS that motivated him. Odd that trump claimed "there are good people on both sides" after a bunch of white supremacists marched across a college campus with tiki torches chanting "Jews will not replace us". Odd how the shooter admitted it was the white replacement theory that helped motivate him. Odd how people like Tucker and even some elected republican officials spout that same rhetoric.

When you point out that words matter. That words can motivate people to do things they would have never normally have done. eact like you're the one out of touch. How quickly they have forgotten what words caused to happen on Jan. 6th. But then they want to forget that. And they wish we and all of America would forget it too.

And now, after all of that, they feel it's we that should be quiet about it and pretend like words don't actually have consequences. Why am I not surprised by any of that?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
we also shouldn't be surprised that he was arrested, and not shot on the spot by law enforcement.

- Theodore Roosevelt
3 members like this: OldColdDawg, mgh888, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
He doesn't want us to talk about the motivation behind the shooting or that this isn't isolated. It's been a trend. In Charlottesville the woman who was killed by a racist by being ran over with his car. Like Dylann Roof at the church in South Carolina. Like the mass shooting at the Walmart in Houston. The list goes on and on and on. But you know, if you bring that up or point that out, it's you that's the problem. Ever notice just how hard they try to silence the truth? You know, how it's just like Jody Foster that motivated Mark David Chapman to kill John Lennon.

It's hard to believe people can convince themselves of that BS, yet they do.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mass Shootings

Link Copied to Clipboard