Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
The Zimmer, Bradley, Chang and now, the Mercado experiments have all ended.

Love to see the Guardians finally, letting the young guys that are playing well stay up and continue to play.

M
Legend
Legend
M
What a game! Winners in the 11th.

Underrated player.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
The Zimmer, Bradley, Chang and now, the Mercado experiments have all ended.

Love to see the Guardians finally, letting the young guys that are playing well stay up and continue to play.

The young player really starting to come on is Gimenez. I'd love to see him working into the #2 slot in the lineup.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
The future is bright, the Guardians will have about a 2 year window after this year, I'm guessing, to try to win something. Then a lot of this young talent will start to disappear. It's a shame really.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
The future is bright, the Guardians will have about a 2 year window after this year, I'm guessing, to try to win something. Then a lot of this young talent will start to disappear. It's a shame really.

The positive is the G tribe's minor leagues is very deep. So there is still a lot to look forward to in the future. The caveat to that is obviously will the talent pan out or not and/or will the team trade off future pieces to take away from that depth. We do have some pieces that will have to move either this year or next (examples: Rosario, Tyler Freeman, and maybe Braccio) due to log jams at positions.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

This team is playing out of their minds. They never give up. What a game. Down 10-7 going into the 9th.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Loving the baseball season so far this year.

Guardians are in first place and have a good young team.

Braves are running the Mets down. I am sure we will overtake them.

Once Browns camp gets going and August comes I am in hog heaven. I love baseball as it comes down the stretch.

Baseball and football are in full gear come September. It does not get better especially if my two baseball teams are in post season.

Legend
Legend
I am a Browns football fan. A homer to the max.

I enjoy football.

But at heart I am a baseball guy. I love the game of baseball. IMO it is an amazing game. So different than any other sport.

The game itself fascinates me. I could never get enough playing it. I totally loved coaching baseball.

The Braves winning the Series was a total gas last year. This year there are some great teams. The playoffs should be incredible.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Nice play.

3 members like this: Floquinho, GratefulDawg, DeisleDawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That was pretty impressive.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is the best team ever ! They are young and they love playing with each other and it is so fun to watch. Although I mostly listen to it on the radio because of Hamilton and Rosey. Hopefully they do another amazing come back, even if not, ya can't win every game !

Legend
Legend
I follow the Guardians daily through box scores but don't get to watch them unless they are on national tv.

I watch the Braves. Last night Freddie Freeman returned to Atl. for the first time. They had a ceremony and gave him his Series ring.

One of the best things I have seen in sports in a long time. Freddie had a hard time talking. He was overwhelmed with emotion. He was drafted as a 17 year old by the Braves and grew up in the organization. He played 12 years and is on a HOF track. He lived about mile away from me. He wanted to stay a Brave. The whole free agency ordeal turned into a mess. He regrets it. Last night was really touching.

Freddie is one of my all time favorite players. Super popular guy. Great player who did everything the right way. His speech last night was heart felt to his soul. We forget that these players are human and are impacted like we all are from our surroundings. Freddie always was wearing that smile and loved playing for the Braves. The Braves have a great culture for a organization. Players love the team.

Through coaching and living here I have come in contact with a lot of Braves players and people in the organization. I hear the word "family" used commercially often but the Braves really do have a family reputation as an organization.

Last night it was on display.

Legend
Legend

Steven Kwan and Adjustments
Steven Kwan went off in April, silent in May, and nuclear in June. Do those outcomes mean anything?

https://everyonehatescleveland.substack.com/p/steven-kwan-and-adjustments?utm_medium=email

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 06/25/22 11:40 AM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
B
Legend
Legend
B
Believeland down at the Jake. (I still call it the Jake)

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Believeland down at the Jake. (I still call it the Jake)

I call it the G Spot

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

What a game!

Legend
Legend
Yeah, a really nice comeback.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Awesome game to watch on tv.

Were you at the game Milk?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask

I was not. Out of town for work. I did however give my mom my tickets to take my youngest son up to the 5-0 loss the day before!

Legend
Legend

I was not. Out of town for work. I did however give my mom my tickets to take my youngest son up to the 5-0 loss the day before!
That's the way it always works for me lol.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
The Tito Head Butt has me rollin'!

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 06/30/22 11:25 AM.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
Legend
Legend
rofl

Legend
Legend
Guardians walk off again!

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Guardians walk off again!

Incredible. Both were two-strike walk-offs as well with two outs.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Great win for Cleveland. I had just gotten finished MF-ing Tom Hamilton for calling a HR on Naylor's foul fly, and Gimenez comes through. That young man deserves All Star votes. Great trade getting him and Rosario for Lindor.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
3 members like this: GratefulDawg, ScottPlayersFacemask, Milk Man
Legend
Legend
Wahoo! This is incredible stuff. What a stand this was. Keep this lit up. Thriller to watch; can't make this up.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
j;c:

Thoughts?

Not a fan of this show, but I do appreciate Jason Lloyd's perspective.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
17th win in last at bat -- most in the game!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE

That's the way it always works for me lol.

Haha, sounds like me. When I was stationed in DC the past few years, I would drive up to Baltimore for the one weekend series. That was one of my highlights every summer going to that O's/Tribe weekend series. A couple years ago, we had a solid team and the O's were terrible. Friday nights final score 16-0 O's.....Saturday nights final score 16-0 O's. Naturally, I didn't go Sunday and the Tribe ends up winning by a few runs. I did get to see a record of highest run total while being shut out in back to back games though!
rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Awesome game today!! Wow, was fun to watch both games.

Was so happy to see Josh hit that homer. I really hope he keeps improving here as he has the past two years.

I was just thinking about the O's series last year that I went for the weekend. I would get tickets the first game for first row behind the dugout, then the next two I usually would just hang out in centerfield at Camden. Anyways, the first game Josh was coming into the dugout right before the game started. I said to him, "hey Josh, (he looks up at me) tear it up today!" He just responded with a smile and a nod.

I just saw Memphis's post about Bieber, that reminded me that after the game Shane was hanging out waiting for a female (i think it was his fiancé/future wife at the time). I ended up talking to him for a few minutes before she arrived. Really cool guy, all smiles and etc.

That just got me thinking Josh ended up having that gruesome injury a few weeks later, then Shane ended up having shoulder issues. So I am part of the blame for the last years season. banghead

The positive is they shipped me far enough away from the team. tongue

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It will be as long as six years before David Blitzer can become majority owner of Guardians – Terry Pluto
Updated: Jul. 02, 2022, 6:07 a.m. | Published: Jul. 02, 2022, 6:06 a.m.
PAUL DOLAN WILL KEEP CONTROLLING FOR 6 YEARS
Paul Dolan is bringing in David Blitzer as a minority partner. John Kuntz, cleveland.com

By Terry Pluto, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Paul Dolan and his family have owned the Cleveland baseball franchise since 1999. They are one of the few MLB franchises not owned by a group.

1. David Blitzer is buying slightly less than 25 percent of the Guardians from Dolan. It has been revealed that Cleveland businessman Matt Kaulig is part of the Blitzer group. I’ve heard there are several other minor investors.

2. A little history: In 2016, John Sherman bought 15 percent of the franchise. It was the first time the Dolans added a minority owner. The deal included a road for Sherman to become majority owner in six years. Sherman later bought another 10 percent, giving him a 25 percent stake in the franchise.

3. In 2019, Sherman’s hometown Kansas City Royals became available. He put together a group of several investors – including Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes – and purchased a controlling interest in the Royals for $1 billion. As Sherman departed, Dolan bought back 10 percent from his former partner.

4. The remaining 15 percent went into an escrow account as Dolan shopped for a new minority owner. Major League Baseball didn’t like the idea of anyone owning parts of two franchises. Sherman also wanted his money, and Dolan wanted to settle this situation. The first 15 percent of Blitzer’s purchase went to Sherman. The next 10 percent goes to Dolan.

5. Within three years, the Blitzer group is to add another 5-to-10 percent ownership.

JOINING FORCES WITH PAUL DOLAN
David Blitzer has made a good first impression with several members of the Guardians organization. Getty Images

6. Fans who are expecting the Blitzer group to gain a controlling interest in the franchise will have to wait. The deal states that it will be six years before that can happen. After that point, Dolan will remain a part of the ownership group as a minority owner. But it doesn’t have to happen. Big point is Dolan will retain controlling interest for at least six years.

7. Dolan spent more than a year talking to Blitzer before cutting the deal. It was the same lengthy process he used with Sherman. This is important. One of the reasons not only is the need for Dolan and the new minority investor to share the same basic values and vision, it’s to make sure the key people in front office can connect with Blitzer.

8. Blitzer met with President Chris Antonetti and GM Mike Chernoff and others in the organization. I hear those meetings went well, which was very important to Dolan. Part of the reason the Guardians have had eight winning seasons in the last nine years (five trips to the playoffs) is the ability of ownership, front office and manager/coaches to work together. Manager Terry Francona has been with the team for all nine years, along with Antonetti and Chernoff.

9. “We have to make hard decisions (about trades),” said Chernoff at his Thursday press conference. “It’s a tribute to Paul as an owner that he is willing to take the short term pain for the sustainability of the future.”

10. The Guardians have traded stars Francisco Lindor, Mike Clevinger, Trevor Bauer and Corey Kluber. Some of those moves were economically driven, but others were done because the front office believed it was time to trade an older player for young talent. Current Guardians Emmanuel Clase, Andres Gimenez, Amed Rosario, Franmil Reyes, Josh Naylor, Owen Miller, Cal Quantrill and Austin Hedges are products of those deals.

Dolan trusts his front office, which is not true with every franchise.

MIKE CHERNOFF
Guardians GM Mike Chernoff said the team's way of doing business will not change dramatically with David Blitzer joining the ownership group.

11. Blitzer is worth an estimated $1.3 billion. Along with Joshua Harris, he has ownership stakes in the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA), New Jersey Devils (NHL) and Pittsburgh Steelers (NFL). Blitzer also led a group that bought Real Salt Lake (MSL Soccer), but Harris is not a part of that group. The deal with the Guardians does not include Harris. I heard Blitzer is a baseball fan and owning a franchise has been one of his goals for a while. He appears to be branching out on his own with his own group.

12. Chernoff on Blitzer: “He’s a great compliment to Paul. I know how excited (Dolan) is to bring him on as a partner. He brings a lot of expertise in other sports and other areas. We’ve already started to tap into that, just in conversations. We’re excited to grow some of those partnerships.”

14. More Chernoff: “I wouldn’t expect our operating philosophy to change. The industry economic model is what it is and so we know what our challenges are being a small market. We don’t shy away from those at all. We’re not expecting that to change in any way and yet we still need to compete with all 29 other teams and our goal is exactly the same as every one of those other teams, to win the World Series.”

15. The Guardians aren’t going to become a large market, big spending team with Blitzer in place. The payroll could go up some. But as Chernoff said, “We have to make a lot of trades to compete.”

This team will be fueled by young talent and smart moves adding veterans at the right time.

https://www.cleveland.com/guardians..._GZqHYAz6SddMnFZIYetnGOYePypIsI7KclYTXV8

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cleveland Guardians

Link Copied to Clipboard