Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
I saw it and it was just a point of view.

Just like Florio or anyone else.

Everyone has their way of looking at this. All takes are valid.

In the end a decision will come by the NFL. Something will eventually happen with the civil cases.

It is interesting to see how the media (all media) have their views. We as fans sit and absorb what the media puts out. I wonder if everyone picks up on the "tone" of the media.

2 members like this: Hammer, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by mgh888
At the moment you have 24 allegations against DW - you got a minimum of 66 different therapists in 17 months

As far as we know, only 9 of the 24 allegations were from actual therapists. From what we've heard about the others, few were actually licensed.

Thanks for the correction - I guess when I say 'Therapists" I don't automatically mean they are licensed - but I can see that it might seem implied. TBH - 9 licensed professional therapists is a lot. My back is shot - I've been getting massages every 3 or 4 weeks for a few years. I find one I like and stick with them till they move. Some do more stretching of the legs and elbows to the glutes etc - but never once has my junk ever come close to being seen, touched or anything close to what DW is accused of. The comments I have seen on other web sites that insinuate that because these women are massage therapists and they "must" see men's junk all the time, must get asked for happy endings all the time - and probably provide them most of the time ... that somehow because of their profession this is expected and should be dismissed out of hand does not sit well. . . . The non Licensed individuals - I guess we'd need to see what and how they advertised, try to find out from other clients what the setting and situation was like. My current therapist is licensed because she has a certificate on the well, but it's not something I had ever thought of before. When I needed a new therapist - I went to google maps in my areas, searched massage and read reviews and tried to find someone that had a substantial number of good reviews. I'm willing to bet I've seen unlicensed therapists - and the professionalism and service was just like who I see now. So even the unlicensed therapists DW met with - there's every chance they were "legit" - and no doubt some of those 66 were not, and maybe some or many of the 24 .... idk. But I won't talk or act like somehow what they do, how they advertise etc is an automatic assumption they are sex workers. (Not at all saying that's your contention - just started typing).

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish
I saw it and it was just a point of view.

Just like Florio or anyone else.

Everyone has their way of looking at this. All takes are valid.

In the end a decision will come by the NFL. Something will eventually happen with the civil cases.

It is interesting to see how the media (all media) have their views. We as fans sit and absorb what the media puts out. I wonder if everyone picks up on the "tone" of the media.

Very true -- interesting that they were National Media takes ... not Local Media, a false insinuation recently made here on DT.

Last edited by mgh888; 06/11/22 10:12 AM.

Legend
Legend
I guess we'd need to see what and how they advertised, try to find out from other clients what the setting and situation was like.

That's been my contention all along.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The grand jury hearings were closed. Hours spent listening to testimony and whatever evidence was presented.

They decide not to indict.

Now the lawyers are playing their case to the media and the court of public opinion.

The accusers are interviewed. They are compelling. People watch and judge.

Watson refuses to go public. That maybe based upon what his lawyer suggests.

However, the public is left with one side. Nobody has witnessed a trial. Nobody has been cross examined in front of the public. Nobody has seen whatever evidence there is.

At the same time it appears that many have an opinion on what punishment should be doled out.

Some people watched the Depp vs Heard. They were able to hear both sides state their side and then get crossed examined.

The NFL ran their own investigation. They don't care about guilt or innocence. They have their set of rules "personal code of conduct."
They get to do what they see fit to do.

The NFL does not impose the same policy when it comes to the owners obviously.

There will be no justice because there are no rules for justice only points of view. Civil court only determines liabilty and compensation. The exception of course is the grand jury and even then that does not insure that justice is served.

How do I feel? Not satisfied.

M
Legend
Legend
M

How do I feel? Not satisfied.

I honestly think that's a statement 99% of fans would agree with at this time.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I understand the thinking, but I don't think you spent a whole lot of money supporting the team anyway...and that isn't a knock. I met you at maybe 2 tailgates over the last 20 years of knowing you. I suppose you have bought a hat or three in that time.

Again, I am not knocking you to any extent, I am just saying your decision of non-support rings a bit hollow in that regard.

I understand how you somehow think that $$$ means more than principal. There's a lot of that going around these days. I understand how you think $$$ quantifies what's hollow. I think that's a shame, but so it is. And I've bought a lot more than "a hat or three".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Born in 48 in Lakewood, been fan since about 58- seen Browns GREAT and LOUSY. Browns like life- they keep changing and don't effect my life much. DW brought in because he's a great football player- proven, both at Clemson and Texans. Like all of us he's flawed- some good and bad. Women in a body heal/fix business- JMHO- no body part should scare them or "hurt"/damage them unless they are assaulted/beaten. MONEY is the common thread- pursuit of money- 20 of 24. Those with money losing some- those without gaining some= Jerry McGuire - show me the money.

Hope Browns have great season, time will tell.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My feelings?

The best thing that can happen is Watson gets hit by a bus. We shop for another QB that does not have women / legal issues and is not a sex pest. We continue to let AB run the show and Jimmy steps the F back.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know if that was more sad or more sickening. Take your pick.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not excited. Can see Watson suspended and Baker playing the year. Worst case scenario in true Browns fashion, they win the Super Bowl.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Really no different than any other year. I am ready to go up and watch the Browns. I don't really care all that much about other stuff.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
How do you really feel as a fan.

Betrayed : Cambridge English dictionary. : To not be loyal to your country or a person, often by doing something harmful such as helping their enemies.

To longsuffer waiting for a real quarterback for the time between Tim Couch, and Baker Mayfield, (With one years' hope in Derek Anderson's abilities) and see the Browns Ownership cut ties with Mayfield after less than 5 years,
and AFTER the winless season to get the #1 overall pick.
and EVEN AFTER the nonsense thinking that Garrett the DE (though a fine player), was a reason to not get, (To AGAIN) not get a Qb,
to be stuck with Jacoby Brissett after all of this,

Yeah, , I'll understand that a lot of quote "fans" don't care, ( by what's posted on this board), they may be fairweather, Not in regards to hopes for wins and losses, but in regards to the player makeup of the roster, or maybe some of those quote fans, just don't understand that the players on the team, and how they fit together, and what motivates them, and the roles they play, and how everything gels together, Matters.
Or, maybe they are all a bunch of closet (other teams fans), or maybe as being fans, they just don't care about NOT watching what we've been forced to watch for about 90% of the last 30 years, and that's the Browns being in last place.
Maybe it's the (Guardians' pc), history wearing off on the locals, because all I remember from the 1980's Indians were they were always in last place, every year, always, they were known for it. But not the Browns. The Browns were winners, and did things right as an organization, they would almost always be in the top two in the division, in the 1980's and they won playoff games.
They didn't constantly try to fix what wasn't broken, when they could recognize what wasn't broken.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I'm going to respond to this without reading any posts. That's to ensure that you get the pure funk, uncut.

I actually expect to see an NFL championship in CLE as a very real possibility in the not-too distant future. The team is tooled from top to bottom to win now. I think they might have been able to do it with a healthy, consistent #6, but I'm more confident that they are truly legit contenders with #4 under center.

That said, I just can't get past how this has all looked, sounded and smelled. It's that moldy, unwell smell I've always wanted Berea to get away from.
Based upon the way I feel now, I'm pretty certain that some of this scent will still remain in my nostrils as I breathe Lombardi Air.

I loved what this team was when I was a kid. I saw Jim Brown live when Paul Brown was his coach.
I accept what this team is now, because I have no other choice. They am what they be.

If/when they win, I won't lose my mind.
And I resent that this possibility has been stolen from me.

Being a fan is harder work than it used to be... and it's measurably less rewarding, regardless of team performance or final standings.

carry on, Dawgs.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
4 members like this: jfanent, mgh888, FATE
Legend
Legend
My father taught me the wisdom of patience.

There is no rush to "feel anything" yet.

I wlll feel what I feel when the time comes. No decision has been made. No trial has taken place. Camp has not started.

The season is still 2 months away. Lots of things will come to light.

When toe meets ball for the start of the season. I will be watching and hoping to win that game. As each game is played. That will always be where my head is at.

If we get to playoffs. I will be locked in. If we were to win it all. I will let that wash over me.

Then I will say how I really feel. I am anxious to know what that would feel like.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I understand the patience, I am just feel like I am ready to have it resolved.

Legend
Legend
I'm a browns fan no matter what... I'll cheer for the team we put on the field.... if Watson is there, I'll root for him.. if he's not I'll root for whoever is out there...

I don't really care who is on the team, I cheer for the Browns... I hope they win, but if they lose every game, I'll still watch every chance I get...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Bone- I know what you're saying. I hear you. And I'll be totally geeked for your experience.

But I know myself.
And I already see/feel how differently I see this organization. For the first time, ever.

I used to be a rabid fan.
These last few months have cured me of rabies- a freaking medical miracle.

I'll enjoy the story/trip for the most part- primarily, because I've been watching it being played out in real time since I was a kid. But there will always be some percentage of my fandom that I will hold back from them now. Because this most recent one smudges and smears the personal lines I draw regarding those for whom I dedicate my enthusiasm. And I resent them for that.

This trade (and the odor that will always follow it) took something from me, as a fan.
It took from me the last of my boyhood fandom.

It's why I know I won't jump up and down when the clock reaches 0:00. Because I'm old enough to know myself.
I'll be this old, calm man who was lucky enough to see a story reach its denouement in his lifetime. With a broad (but slightly broken) smile on his face.

I still wanted to be that boy when they won.

Damn it. I got so close-

clem.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: PitDAWG, Dave
Legend
Legend
I can understand your feelings. I was delivering the Plain Dealer when Jim Brown played for Paul Brown.

Becoming cynical as you age is a natural occurance. I guess.

The helmet and the city still means something to me. My hope is DW will become a better man. Hard to really know what was going on in his brain.

I want to believe that he is a young man who stepped outside his normal behavior. Maybe at one point he was propositioned. Got away with it and then pursued more. Who knows?

Is he really a bad guy through and through? It does not seem that way. He had a great reputation in the community and with teammates.

His future is still in front of him. He can correct himself and find a better path if he chooses. I can hope for that.

I don't know Haslam. My guess is that he is not much different than most billionairs. I can not fault him for making the trade. It was his to make. It may prove to be a good decision in the long run. If DW not only wins but sincerely wants to do the right thing. I won't condemn him for life if he properly conducts himself going forward. People make mistakes. It is what they do afterward that becomes important.

I would like to cheer the guy.

I posted this somewhere before. Miles Davis was wife beater and by many accounts could be cruel. I don't really know what he was as a person.

But when I listen to Round about Midnight and Kind of Blue. I go to a happy place. I don't care about him as a man. I just love the music.

I still cheer on Sunday but I will never be the boy I was when I was delivering the papers. It will never mean as much as 1964.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
Sounds great.

But...you can never go home as the saying says. I admire you guys who have clung to that idea as long as you have. I am sorry this was the defining moment where you had that taken away.

Kind of like that moment you figured out your parents are/were just goofy people like yourself who were just trying to navigate this thing called life. Everybody has some sort of map, but no matter how complete, it still has a lot of unchartered areas. You eventually make it through those areas, but sometimes there is a toll to pay.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The only consistency about the Browns is the inconsistency of its ownership.

They are chasing squirrels, while other teams chase titles and championships.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I thought you said that you were not going to root for the Browns after they traded for Watson? Are you just spewing sour grapes or did you have a change of heart...yet again?

Legend
Legend
All the teams in the NFL chase a title. The Browns included.

Haslam can be many things. I don't him personally.

But I don't believe it is accurate that Haslam is not trying to to win a title. He took an enormous risk to trade for DW. He paid a price to do so as well.

He took that risk for only one reason that is to win a Super Bowl.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Bone- I know what you're saying. I hear you. And I'll be totally geeked for your experience.

But I know myself.
And I already see/feel how differently I see this organization. For the first time, ever.

I used to be a rabid fan.
These last few months have cured me of rabies- a freaking medical miracle.

I'll enjoy the story/trip for the most part- primarily, because I've been watching it being played out in real time since I was a kid. But there will always be some percentage of my fandom that I will hold back from them now. Because this most recent one smudges and smears the personal lines I draw regarding those for whom I dedicate my enthusiasm. And I resent them for that.

This trade (and the odor that will always follow it) took something from me, as a fan.
It took from me the last of my boyhood fandom.

It's why I know I won't jump up and down when the clock reaches 0:00. Because I'm old enough to know myself.
I'll be this old, calm man who was lucky enough to see a story reach its denouement in his lifetime. With a broad (but slightly broken) smile on his face.

I still wanted to be that boy when they won.

Damn it. I got so close-

clem.

There was always something pure about being a browns fan, that is gone now.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I would never attempt to tell someone how to feel.

I can only go by things life has taught me.

People can change in many ways over time. That change can be positive or negative. Deshaun Watson is 26 years old.

A lot of me has changed since being 26.

We can not predict what will take place within DW. Before all of this he was well liked and respected as a person.

Maybe he will end up where we all would like him to be.

P
Legend
Legend
P
"Before all of this" is they key phrase in your post. Hoping someone will change in the future is a noble thing to hope for. Using that as an excuse to ignore the present? Not so much.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Is that an accusation? Or, a statement.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's my opinion and perspective of what you posted. It all seemed to center around him changing. How "Maybe he will end up where we all would like him to be." And how you said that "A lot of me has changed since being 26."

So I'm not quite sure what else I was supposed to take from that. Maybe that's not what you meant but it sure as hell sounded like it.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
j/s... I think Bone has been pretty straight forward and fair-minded about all of this. And he doesn't shame others or try to win them to his train of thought, and definitely hasn't "ignored" all of this. I agree with everything he posted. People change every day, he's not saying DW will, he's saying he hopes he will.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Maybe I failed to make myself clear.

Life and experience often changes people. Many have turned their lives around from addictions and all manner of behavior.

I have changed in many ways since being 26 years old.

IMO there is no predicting what DW will do going forward. My hope is for all to be better and learn from life.

Legend
Legend
J/C

Here’s how I feel: I hope Watson’s suspension is minimal and that he tears it up for the Browns. He may not be a good guy (I don’t even know what to believe anymore) but I sure as hell know that all of us deserve a winning team. So that’s what I hope for.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
4 members like this: FATE, Homewood Dog, Versatile Dog
O
Legend
Legend
O

IMO there is no predicting what DW will do going forward. My hope is for all to be better and learn from life.

Hell, we can't even really intelligently say where he's at right now given he's still in legal defense mode.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
I'm going to respond to this without reading any posts. That's to ensure that you get the pure funk, uncut.

I actually expect to see an NFL championship in CLE as a very real possibility in the not-too distant future. The team is tooled from top to bottom to win now. I think they might have been able to do it with a healthy, consistent #6, but I'm more confident that they are truly legit contenders with #4 under center.
How could I even try and believe the Browns are going all out to win in the next 2 years,

Then tell me where is Rashard Higgins, where is Jarvis Landry?
oh!
oh!
no, they are selling the ...
same old Oatmeal is not bacon-eggs and pancakes, it's a rebuild, just like, well, par for the course. hmm.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
All teams are undefeated in 2022 so far. Go Browns!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Agree with your post 100%. We know he had consensual sex with a few women. He's stated he did nothing wrong- maybe he doesn't think sex is wrong, but normal. Many folks have condemned him so much so that he's some kind of a deviant. Our organization doesn't think so, his teammates don't think so. He is 26, he may or may not have made mistakes- PR wise he surely has- but criminally he's done nothing wrong.....don't get the demonizing of him. Hope he continues his commitment to helping people and represents the Browns well in the future.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Legend
Legend
D
You are ridiculous. Its like Watson is George Costanza saying "Was that wrong of me?" ... "Should I have not done that?" ... "Because in my culture exposing yourself, masturbating, and shooting a load on a professional massage therapist trying to do her job happens all the time.".

WTF is wrong with you?

2 members like this: PitDAWG, OldColdDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think he said he's in his 70s, that's part of it. When he was coming up, date rape wasn't a phrase but it was common practice. Back then chicks were for kicks, being housewives, and making babies. But generally, they treated women better in public than today. But in private they could do about anything they wanted and get away with it. It would be her fault. Don't ever underestimate the times people grow up in affecting their world views. I was in the hospital years ago, stuck in a semi-private room with an almost 80-year-old watching a buckeyes game. Every other word out of his mouth was an N-bomb about the black players on the team, but he loved the team... In his mind, that was totally acceptable. I have no idea how the black nurse and the latina nurse tolerated his old ass.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/17/22 07:40 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by jaybird
I'm a browns fan no matter what... I'll cheer for the team we put on the field.... if Watson is there, I'll root for him.. if he's not I'll root for whoever is out there...

I don't really care who is on the team, I cheer for the Browns... I hope they win, but if they lose every game, I'll still watch every chance I get...
I begin to realize I have felt exactly as you say about teams, in sports I don't care that much about, and where my heart isn't invested very much. Being much too passionate about the Browns I have a difficult time thinking there could be Browns fans who have a more non-chalant approach to it all. I mean if I truly didn't care all that much, ... as is exactly about how I feel about a lot of teams I'm possibly marginally a fan of, or was for a short time, in the past, then I could feel that way about them.
For instance if I were a casual fan of a hockey team, or a baseball team, then I could root for them no matter who they put on the team, I'd cheer for the team no matter who they had, maybe a triple A local baseball team, I'd hope they'd win but if they lost every game I could still watch and cheer,
But see it wouldn't devastate me because I wasn't unhealthily invested in the teams success as I am with the Browns.
When the Browns do something stupid I can't let it go. Because I'm unhealthily invested in the Browns. So when they can't stick with a plan I take it personally.
If it were like some team I didn't care about, or only cared marginally about, then, I could cheer for whatever team they'd put on the field, and not give a hoot when they make stupid decisions, or don't follow through on plans they start, or don't fill needs, or ignore glaring needs, or change course way too often, or don't put a dominant product on the field, or on and on, and on.
But being obsessed to an unhealthy level, I find it hard to think every other fan isn't also just as obsessed so it's hard for me to understand that line of thinking, but I may start to realize it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Why is it that the Baker fans always forget to include the word "allegedly" when talking about the Watson case? I'm so sick of you guys acting like you were actually there or that he has actually been convicted of those crimes. Hell, he hasn't even been charged. You are not omniscient.

1 member likes this: Rishuz
D
Legend
Legend
D
When the number of alleged victims reaches 30, and the accused's former employers settle financially with those alleged victims for having enabled the accused's bad behavior, I believe the adjective "alleged" crosses the line past "probably" and right into "most likely". In other words, I believe the women. And get this, its nothing to do with Baker.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum How do YOU really feel, as a fan?

Link Copied to Clipboard