Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Legend
Legend
P
It must be an easy, cut and dry decision with the NFL having provided little to no evidence.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't know. But I think he is allowed to participate in training camp.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: Dave
Legend
Legend
That could be a rare plus for the Browns.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Don't know. But I think he is allowed to participate in training camp.

I am pretty sure he is allowed. I think the only way you can't is to get a indefinite suspension...more or less a ban since you have to apply to be reinstated.
I think he can even play the preseason games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
He is there now.

If he does get suspended, he will be permitted to practice and also play in preseason games. I'm not positive about this, but I think he won't be allowed in the facility once the regular season starts.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
He is there now.

If he does get suspended, he will be permitted to practice and also play in preseason games. I'm not positive about this, but I think he won't be allowed in the facility once the regular season starts.
He is there now.

I believe that is correct. I was just talking about through the pre-season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
I assume DW is aloud to participate in trading camp.

Yes. He has been very vocal about wanting to get some work in. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
That's funny. I was reading a book recently "The Savage Wilderness" about the French And Indian War.

I read 90% of the book and I quit. I have never read a book with so many errors of all kinds. I could not take it anymore.

I read that. Said allowed in my head. Knew something was wrong but I had to stare at it.

Then when I post something; I am amazed at the mistakes I made.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
I assume DW is aloud to participate in trading camp.

Yes. He has been very vocal about wanting to get some work in. wink

He's been very vocal about wanting to buy some stocks.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
He is there now.

I never understood why suspended players weren't allowed to be at the facility... where all their support is... so a player messes up, gets suspend and has to be away from his support system... never made much sense...

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

2 members like this: GMdawg, jfanent
Legend
Legend
I never understood why suspended players weren't allowed to be at the facility... where all their support is... so a player messes up, gets suspend and has to be away from his support system... never made much sense...

I know, right?

I've usually looked at most school suspensions for HS kids in a similar way, for the exact same reasons.

Common sense would suggest that isolation is probably the worst setting for folks in this situation.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: jaybird
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by jaybird
He is there now.

I think it probably isn't as important w/Watson [should he get suspended,] but I agree w/you. Especially in cases like Josh Gordon where the temptation to dive back into drug use would be much stronger away from the team's structure.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Here's some good news for those of us who don't want Watson severely punished. It's Albert Breer talking about why the NFL might not appeal Judge Robinson's decision.

Legend
Legend
He is there now.

Being around support is more important if it's a drug related suspension.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
F
Legend
Legend
F
I think the real punishment would be having to practice and workout, and then forced to sit out on gameday.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
He is there now.

Being around support is more important if it's a drug related suspension.

Agree... but I still don't understand the purpose of it... even in a situation like Watson's I still think the player should be around his coaches and teammates...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
I think the real punishment would be having to practice and workout, and then forced to sit out on gameday.

100%.... I ran track and cross country in college... when we got in trouble we got extra practice and had to sit out the meet... if our grades slipped we got extra practice, mandatory time with a tutor, and sat on the meets...

Last edited by jaybird; 07/27/22 09:39 PM.

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think the reasoning is to not be allowed to contribute in any way.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
He is there now.

I'd imagine circumstances could dictate a separation, but I agree there isnt much sense in a blanket clause unless the purpose is to make staying in shape and in sync with the team harder.

Legend
Legend
Thinking about all the time and attention this drama has drawn.

It is hard to believe that Robinson has not come to a conclusion. I know she has to write an in depth report on how she arrived at her decision.

Still something else is going on IMO.

I believe that the NFL and NFLPA are trying to negotiate a deal that both would accept. That is why this is taking so long.

There are so many factors that are attached to this case that what actually happened is no longer relevant.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I've been focusing on being patient, but it's getting harder to maintain that.

A big reason for my impatience is that I believe this Browns team w/Watson at QB provides us w/the best chance to win big since our rebirth. I'm extremely excited about that prospect. However, if he is suspended for any more than 4 games, I feel that we have no shot and I'll prep myself for another year of disappointment.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well that's the only option left for some people isn't it?

At first it was said that the NFL really didn't have any evidence. If that were the case a decision would have been made by now. Since they still don't believe when the hearing took three days worth of testimony to conclude that there must have been a lot of evidence provided at the hearing, they have to come up with yet a different reason for it taking so long for Robinson to render a decision.

I mean it couldn't be that the NFL provided a lot of evidence that takes a lot of time to go through and provide an extensive written explanation for her decision, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Maybe you can explain why it took so long to make a decision about Josh Gordon?

I do not think it has a thing to do about evidence at this point.

Why do you always have to come with bs?

Why can't you discuss without having to somehow imply?

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

At first it was said that the NFL really didn't have any evidence. If that were the case a decision would have been made by now. Since they still don't believe when the hearing took three days worth of testimony to conclude that there must have been a lot of evidence provided at the hearing, they have to come up with yet a different reason for it taking so long for Robinson to render a decision.

I mean it couldn't be that the NFL provided a lot of evidence that takes a lot of time to go through and provide an extensive written explanation for her decision, right?

Honestly, the amount of time that has elapsed kinda renders pretty much any guesses at this point silly. I get why you don't like to acknowledge the 'no evidence' snippet. That was reported by Florio, a guy that was pretty anti-Watson-abusing-massage-therapists... so if your goal is bury that you'd probably want to take it up with him. The rest of his reporting (sources/takes/insights) was being shared pretty heavily at the beginning without issue.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: jfanent, Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually I've never brought Florio into it. He certainly believes what he's been told.

I've only stated the obvious which continually gets ignored. We see it on this very board. People see the exact same things posted. They have seen the same quotes, snippets and texts, even from watson. People can't even agree on what those things say, imply or mean.

And that's what some people are basing their beliefs on. What one man's interpretation was of what he heard.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bonefish
I do not think it has a thing to do about evidence at this point.

Oh I'm fully aware of that.

Why do you always have to come with bs?

Why do you call it BS? Was it something you don't like to hear that makes it BS? You seem to think it's taking a long time because she is waiting on a settlement. I think it's because she's actually doing her job. Why is your opinion fine and mine is BS?

Why can't you discuss without having to somehow imply?

I didn't imply anything. I outright said it. You either believe she is weighing everything out and taking her time writing her decision or you think she's in stall mode awaiting some kind of settlement. If you believe there was little to no actual evidence what other reason could you come up with to explain why it's taking so long? I thought it was pretty clear.

It seems as though a differing opinion upsets you.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by bonefish
Thinking about all the time and attention this drama has drawn.

It is hard to believe that Robinson has not come to a conclusion. I know she has to write an in depth report on how she arrived at her decision.

I believe that the NFL and NFLPA are trying to negotiate a deal that both would accept. That is why this is taking so long.

There are so many factors that are attached to this case that what actually happened is no longer relevant.

Here is some information on Sue Robinson that I hadn't seen before:

Who is Sue L. Robinson? What to know about retired judge making Deshaun Watson NFL suspension decision

Edward Sutelan
3 hours ago

6 min read

As NFL training camps open, the Browns are waiting to hear what will happen with newly acquired quarterback Deshaun Watson.

The former Texans QB faced more than 20 civil lawsuits alleging various forms of sexual assault and misconduct, and while he has settled most of them, four civil lawsuits remain. While two grand juries declined to indict Watson on criminal charges, the NFL conducted an investigation into the accusations and presented its findings to a former federal court judge in disciplinary hearings.

That retired judge is Sue Lewis Robinson. She has been tasked with recommending the discipline for Watson. After she issues her recommendation, the NFL can appeal the sanction to commissioner Roger Goodell, unless she decides there should not be any discipline against Watson.

The three-day hearing ended on June 30, and Robinson does not have a timeline to present her decision.

Here's all you need to know about Robinson:

Who is Sue L. Robinson?
According to the United States District Court for the District of Delaware's website, Robinson earned her bachelor's from the University of Delaware in 1974 and her juris doctor (J.D.) from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1978.

She went into private practice from 1978-83 in Wilmington, Delaware, before she became assistant U.S. attorney in the District of Delaware from 1983-88. Robinson became a U.S. Magistrate in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware from 1988-91.

On Oct. 1, 1991, after Jane R. Roth vacated her seat the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, President George H.W. Bush nominated Robinson to fill the seat. She was unanimously confirmed by the Senate on Nov. 15, 1991, and was commissioned on Nov. 18, 1991.

Robinson later became the first woman chief judge of the court in 2000, and held the position until 2007. She retired from the court on July 14, 2017, and joined Farnan LLP Attorneys at Law.

Sue L. Robinson major cases

The U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware saw plenty of business cases come through. Robinson handled a range of antitrust, bankruptcy, commercial, electronic discovery, intellectual property, trademark, copyright, multi-district litigation, patent, pharmaceutical and securities cases during her career, according to Fedarb.

While on the court, Robinson made some decisions in major cases that have proven controversial. According to a report from Delaware Online in 2013, Robinson heard a case in which a group of prisoners in an overcrowded state prison alleged that there was cruel and unusual punishment, with some claims that prisoners were sleeping on floor mattresses and that they were regularly being splashed by urine and feces from toilets in cells that were over-filled.

Robinson ruled that the conditions were not a violation of the prisoners' constitutional rights since they were still receiving adequate food, shelter and clothing, per Delaware Online. The decision was upheld on appeal, but one dissenting judge said the conditions "shock my conscience," especially since some were pretrial detainees who had not been convicted, but were imprisoned because they could not afford bail.

In 2014, Robinson heard a case on a law that forced groups to disclose donors if they were placing advertisements about political candidates in elections. The law had been made after the U.S. Supreme Court cut regulations for anonymous political spending in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission. The case was specifically about a group, Delaware Strong Families, that had published a voter's guide sharing stances of political individuals. The state was seeking to enforce the publication to share the donors of the political ads placed in the conservative publication, which prompted Delaware Strong Families to sue the state to block the enforcement.

Robinson prohibited the state from enforcing the law, according to Delaware Online, citing the Supreme Court case and writing that it was broadly worded and could include "virtually every communication made during the [time period before an election], no matter how indirect and unrelated it is to the electoral process." Robinson said the state could not enforce the law until the lawsuit had concluded since the publication was likely to win the lawsuit.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...-nfl-suspension/ohayyqrwxh7wcg8wdkjswbjn

Legend
Legend
I think I have been very clear that whatever someones take on all this is up to them.

I wrote:
"Thinking about all the time and attention this drama has drawn.
There are so many factors that are attached to this case that what actually happened is no longer relevant."

"Well that's the only option left for some people isn't it?"

snark.

"At first it was said that the NFL really didn't have any evidence. If that were the case a decision would have been made by now. Since they still don't believe when the hearing took three days worth of testimony to conclude that there must have been a lot of evidence provided at the hearing, they have to come up with yet a different reason for it taking so long for Robinson to render a decision.

I mean it couldn't be that the NFL provided a lot of evidence that takes a lot of time to go through and provide an extensive written explanation for her decision, right?"

So tell you are not coming with attitude?

Your opinion is not the only opinion with merit.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I said those who do not believe the time being taken has to do with the evidence and that she is taking her time with writing her decision can only really fall back on saying she is waiting on a settlement. What other reason could they come up with at this point? So can you tell me what it is that's incorrect in this statement?

You plainly stated you didn't think it had anything to do with the evidence. I'm not so sure what you find wrong with that. You can read into that whatever you like and read it any way you choose. But for those who believe there was little evidence or those who believe the delay has nothing to do with the evidence, "some people", I believe that is a very accurate statement and stand by it.

I'm sorry that upsets you.

Edit to add. I didn't say or imply that there was anything wrong with your opinion. I simply said that those who share your opinion really have no other explanation for how long it's taking.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 07/28/22 04:18 PM.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'd argue you did bring Florio into it when you disputed what he originally reported. More importantly, though, all we have are snippets and interpretations. Even the whole "26 women can't be liars" isn't even a fact. By the rules you seem want to have in place, we have exactly 0 pieces of information from which to rationally discuss the Watson situation.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
All any of us are doing at this point is speculating. I believe she knows that anything she rules, short of a 17 game suspension will be appealed to Goodell. So she has informed the NFL that unless something is negotiated that is beneficial to both sides, she will make no ruling at all. Making any appeal moot.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
R
Legend
Legend
R
My guess is the following is going on -

1. She wants to make sure there is no appeal by the NFL. An appeal by the NFL makes the entire process a sham.

2. She cannot find a way to give the NFL what they want because their case doesn't support what they want.

3. She doesn't want to give 0 games making points 1 and 2 moot. But we are probably talking something small ...2 to 4 games.

4. Instead of issuing 2 to 4 games and making a sham of the process with an NFL appeal she is urging both sides to come to a settlement. Even a settlement will keep intact the integrity of the new process.

5. Watson's side knows the NFL has no case so they have no interest in settling. I think they are daring the NFL to appeal and counting on the backlash of such a scenario to maybe make them think twice.

6. I think the NFL, the most crooked organization in the country with the most crooked commissioner in the history of sports, does not care at all about making a sham of the process they agreed to. They want that indefinite ban with a one year minimum. The NFL, who is Roger Goodell, will appeal to well...Roger Goodell, and he will get what he wants.

7. Robinson knows this and is stalling. Wouldn't surprise me at all if she resigns if her decision is overturned.

And shame on the NFLPA for agreeing to a sham of a process. If the NFL does overturn her decision I hope the players will refuse to play. The whole league. This has the potential to affect every single player at some point.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think the NFLPA is going to sue the NFL if the latter appeals and adds a lot of games to the possible suspension.

Btw-----Daniel Snyder spent 11 hours testifying in front of Congress yesterday. I guess that isn't an embarrassment for the league, though. rolleyes

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sure it is. I just don't think it's as negative as all those women. 24-26-30 - Wow, that's a lot of women.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/29/22 08:40 AM.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I think the NFLPA is going to sue the NFL if the latter appeals and adds a lot of games to the possible suspension.

I think they will as well. And I think they should.

But that doesn't help Deshaun get on the field, which at the end of the day is the only thing I care about.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz

1. She wants to make sure there is no appeal by the NFL. An appeal by the NFL makes the entire process a sham.

2. She cannot find a way to give the NFL what they want because their case doesn't support what they want.

3. She doesn't want to give 0 games making points 1 and 2 moot. But we are probably talking something small ...2 to 4 games.

4. Instead of issuing 2 to 4 games and making a sham of the process with an NFL appeal she is urging both sides to come to a settlement. Even a settlement will keep intact the integrity of the new process.

5. Watson's side knows the NFL has no case so they have no interest in settling. I think they are daring the NFL to appeal and counting on the backlash of such a scenario to maybe make them think twice.

6. I think the NFL, the most crooked organization in the country with the most crooked commissioner in the history of sports, does not care at all about making a sham of the process they agreed to. They want that indefinite ban with a one year minimum. The NFL, who is Roger Goodell, will appeal to well...Roger Goodell, and he will get what he wants.

7. Robinson knows this and is stalling. Wouldn't surprise me at all if she resigns if her decision is overturned.

8. Sue Robinson is a fictitious person.

2 members like this: oobernoober, Rishuz
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz

And shame on the NFLPA for agreeing to a sham of a process. If the NFL does overturn her decision I hope the players will refuse to play. The whole league. This has the potential to affect every single player at some point.

Pretty much where I am at too regarding what each side is thinking at the moment. No real clue what this extended time w/o a decision means about games, though.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M
Put on a cup, Watson!!

Tackles are tackles.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Watson News 2: Electric Boogaloo

Link Copied to Clipboard