Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Same to you Vers, glad you're happy. You know, no one has ever questioned Watson's football ability.

Ted Kaczynski, the UNABOMBER, did have a high I.Q., by some estimates into the 160’s. He was a Harvard graduate, mathematics prodigy, and math professor. His I.Q. tested at 167 in junior high school (well into the genius level). Even his classmates in high school considered him a “walking brain.” He skipped the 6th and 11th grade and graduated high school at 15. He entered Harvard on a scholarship at age 16. He had both a master’s and PhD from the University of Michigan. In 1967, at the age of 25, he became the youngest assistant professor at U.C., Berkeley. He was definitely a brilliant guy, but just a little deranged with baggage that offset his known intelligence.

Watson is a fine football player. That does not give him a pass on his off the field activities. While your concern is purely focused on a single aspect of Watson's life (football), others of us look at the total package and demand answers where money can't buy silence before anointing him the face of our beloved franchise or being an idol for our kids with such disturbing baggage in his closet. You're ok with that obviously - most are not.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wouldn't dream of telling you how to look at Watson. It's a personal decision. And my decision is my own.

2 members like this: Homewood Dog, Rishuz
Legend
Legend
Unabomber?

What are you driving at? I don't get the connection at all.

How about the people who are in charge of determining about how to proceed?

Sue Robinson the former federal judge who is reviewing all relevant information. The person who was agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA.

Don't make the mistake that somehow you are her. And don't assume "most are not."

How about each gets to make their own decision on how they want to look at this. You are fully entitled to your view.

Give others the same respect.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
This was part of a larger article, but I was able to find clips of this fairly important data.

[Linked Image from media.pff.com]

This graph represents a QB’s ability to overcome the expectations they’ve created. Quarterbacks such as Deshaun Watson and Drew Brees — who are not great decision-makers — can still produce at effective clips by overcoming their decision-making and executing above their expectation. The ability to execute is likely the most important QB metric because how well a QB executes — the X-axis of the above graph — better predicts next year's EPA(R value of 0.46) than EPA itself (0.43).

vers...you got a link for the graph..I would like to read more.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
If you hit the quote button, you can see the link in the image tag.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
We are going from Baker [ranked 32nd or 33rd] in QB Execution Relative to Decision to Watson who is ranked 3rd overall for the time period of 2019--2021. It's great being a Browns fan!

Obvious admission that winning means more than morality.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
We can assume that the reason it takes so long time for judge Robinson to deliver a verdict is because NFL and NFLPA can’t agree on accepting her decision.

I continue to believe that a suspension shorter then one year will be very hard for the commissioner to accept. Imagine accepting 12 games suspension and a couple of weeks later another women comes with new allegations. The NFL just can’t end up in such position just before the season starts.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
Unabomber?

What are you driving at? I don't get the connection at all.

How about the people who are in charge of determining about how to proceed?

Sue Robinson the former federal judge who is reviewing all relevant information. The person who was agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA.

Don't make the mistake that somehow you are her. And don't assume "most are not."

How about each gets to make their own decision on how they want to look at this. You are fully entitled to your view.

Give others the same respect.

The comparison is just as Watson has excellent football skills as the Unabomber was a genius at math doesn't tell the whole story or give him a pass on what he's done outside his skillset. It can be argued that the Unabomber was one of the greatest math minds that ever lived but that doesn't mean I should ignore the fact he sent mail bombs because I need a math genius.

Nobody is more in tune with Robinson reviewing all the information and enforcing the agreed upon new practice via the contract that states she would be the new way of deciding things. However, it's hypocritical to now say she needs to even the score by giving Watson a light suspension to make up for what the NFLPA determined as unfair practices previously. What's the purpose of the NFLPA agreeing to change the procedure only to threaten lawsuits over past practices if you don't even the score during her first case?

I haven't mistaken that I am her - have you? I do not have to assume "most are not." An online survey launched by a nonprofit called Stop Street Harassment offers some striking evidence regarding sexual harassment and/or misconduct. It found that 81 percent of women had experienced some form of sexual harassment during their lifetime. The results show that 77 percent of women had experienced verbal sexual harassment, and 51 percent had been sexually touched without their permission. About 41 percent said they had been sexually harassed online. Add whatever percentage that you may want of male support, and I can safely say "most are not" ok with what Watson is accused of.

I am in total agreement with your statement that each gets to make their own decision on how to look at this. What I am not ok with is the constant character assassination of the women, the name calling and anti-loyalty claims against individuals because they don't support Watson's off the field antics or being called a troll because the group won't kiss Watson's azz because he can throw a football. You are right that individuals should be entitled to their own views unless of course your stand is anti-Watson due to his off the field activities - then you're not entitled.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
"Most are not" I thought was a reference to Browns fans.

I may be wrong because of I am only looking at sports related media and what people have posted on this Board.

I have not seen or heard of people attacking the women.

It is my belief that many are just waiting for a decision from Robinson. Personally I am good with whatever is decided.

They have been privy to everything that is known which is more than any of us are.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I am in total agreement with your statement that each gets to make their own decision on how to look at this. What I am not ok with is the constant character assassination of the women, the name calling and anti-loyalty claims against individuals because they don't support Watson's off the field antics or being called a troll because the group won't kiss Watson's azz because he can throw a football. You are right that individuals should be entitled to their own views unless of course your stand is anti-Watson due to his off the field activities - then you're not entitled.

This is not true. I think people have been very kind towards the women on this board. It sounds a lot different in the Comments sections after most videos and articles. I also think the name calling and insults are coming from your side. Just look at our earlier exchange. You comparing me to a monkey and me saying good morning. The troll comment I will stand by, but there is a caveat. I have repeatedly stated that I don't blame people if they don't want to root for the Browns because of Watson or frankly, any reason at all. However, if one says he is no longer rooting for the team and then comes on to this board every single day and trashes the team and posters who support the team, what the hell is he if not a troll? Guys like Clem and cfrs are uncomfortable w/Watson being on the team. No one questions them about it. Then again, they don't hurl insults at those of us who are okay w/the Browns on a daily basis.

I'll be clear. I have NO PROBLEM w/you if you don't like the signing of Watson and don't want to root for the team. NONE!!!!! Just don't insult me every time you speak to me because I feel differently. Frankly, I'd be fine if you and I never spoke again.

A
Legend
Legend
A
First off, I'm a Browns fan. Got it?

Second, I do not and did not endorse the trade for DW.

I'm a Browns fan, not a fan of any particular player. A Browns fan. It is possible to not like the signing, while still being a fan of the team.

I feel I need to explain that to you because you have previously labeled me as a Baker fan.

Now, if they guy that said he can't be a Browns fan any longer, but just stays here to start crap, could just leave, that would be neat.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
First off, I'm a Browns fan. Got it?

Second, I do not and did not endorse the trade for DW.

I'm a Browns fan, not a fan of any particular player. A Browns fan. It is possible to not like the signing, while still being a fan of the team.

I feel I need to explain that to you because you have previously labeled me as a Baker fan.

Now, if they guy that said he can't be a Browns fan any longer, but just stays here to start crap, could just leave, that would be neat.

Again, I have no problem w/guys like you who don't like the signing. It's a choice.

There is one person who admitted he was going to troll us. You even replied to the guy and called him out. Two others did, as well. The refs deleted the posts shortly afterwards. I think you know who the other guy is that says he isn't rooting for the team and posts on here daily while belittling other posters on almost every single post he makes. Then, there is Baker Dawg. He's been a Baker fan all along and is trolling us bad.

Big difference from being a troll and just not liking the signing. Again, I have ZERO problems w/anyone who doesn't like the signing and/or doesn't want to root for. the team anymore because of it. It's free choice. I just think trolling is bogus.

Legend
Legend
"not privy"

my mistake

O
Legend
Legend
O
You don't get to call others trolls. YOU ARE PROJECTING. But I don't really care what you have to say, so whatever.

I nominate you WINNER of SILLY SEASON.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/31/22 04:59 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I didn't realize some posts got deleted. And yes, everyone knows who the now 'non browns' fan is, and his statement that he'd stick around just to be a ......not sure how to say it.......bug.

But, larry gotta be larry.

2 members like this: Ballpeen, Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
It will be good to know.......one way or the other.

Legend
Legend
Great. Want to get over with.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I love how some people get some emotionally jacked up over this DeShawn Watson case
Does it really matter in the big scheme of things what happened between
Watson and the massage therapists?
He is a QB of a football team that has a legion of fans and supporters.
Its merely a game. A sport. It's not life and death.
Football is a escape from the stresses and trials of real life.
Yet we got bozos on here acting like their daughters have this super emotional
Dilemma in regards to supporting the Browns cause the starting QB
Was testing sexual boundries. Whoopie doo.
Sport franchises are not vehicles for moral highways

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

My initial reaction is that they would only come out and say this if they knew the outcome and are happy with it. But I suppose it could mean they just want to move on as well. And if the sides already know this statement seems to indicate there is a suspension of some sort or else, if there wasn't, the NFLPA wouldn't be calling for the NFL to not appeal a decision because, well, they couldn't appeal.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
That's neat and all, but just watch if it doesn't go the way the nflpa thinks it will....

M
Legend
Legend
M
That's neat and all, but just watch if it doesn't go the way the nflpa thinks it will....

I guess that's my point. The way this statement reads, to me at least, is that they do know.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder how long he will be suspended.

I'm guessing 4-6 games

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, I think the judge is going to SHOCK the world. No punishment, because the owners are held to a HIGHER standard and they've received little or NO punishment.....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Espn headline says report coming out Monday. Hopefully all will accept it

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
JMHO, I think the judge is going to SHOCK the world. No punishment, because the owners are held to a HIGHER standard and they've received little or NO punishment.....GO Browns!!!

I'll bet you, and anyone that thinks like you, that she specifically says her decision and judgment on this case has nothing to do with previous cases concerning owners.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I guess that's my point. The way this statement reads, to me at least, is that they do know.

They would have to know to make that statement, right? Besides, she's been trying to get them to settle, so she would have to had supplied some framework.

Maybe it's the standard 4 games? As I've said many times, it would be really hard to push for more than 6 games (language in the contract) because DW is not a violent or repeat offender.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
NFL wants 12 games? LOL...what a clown show.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
I'm still holding onto my prediction that nobody will appeal/challenge her decision.
I'm betting that they've all already colluded and come to an agreement, but rather than letting it be know that there's a settlement, they're letting their new process have its first run and all sides, already knowing what it will be, will just nod sagely and accept her "decision".

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

3 members like this: FL_Dawg, FATE, Rishuz
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I'm still holding onto my prediction that nobody will appeal/challenge her decision.
I'm betting that they've all already colluded and come to an agreement, but rather than letting it be know that there's a settlement, they're letting their new process have its first run and all sides, already knowing what it will be, will just nod sagely and accept her "decision".

It's pretty obvious this is what's happening. NFLPA issued their statement just to make sure there is no last minute "funny business" by the NFL.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Not being able to place a bet on the O/U on the length of the suspension is just poor form by Vegas!

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by hitt

I'll bet you, and anyone that thinks like you, that she specifically says her decision and judgment on this case has nothing to do with previous cases concerning owners.

Given that she is new to the process and was selected to start a new process it would not make sense for her to be tied by earlier punishments prior to be honest.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Milk, I'm not seeing anything.

Legend
Legend
Glad it will finally end (hopefully). I’ll stick to the 6 game suspension prediction (I could see 4 or 8). Let’s hope for no appeal by the NFL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Milk, I'm not seeing anything.

Mill's tweet

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Watson News 2: Electric Boogaloo

Link Copied to Clipboard