Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1958580 07/25/22 10:20 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Even if you hate Maddow, this is must-see reporting IMHO:

She goes on to talk about Doug Mastriano in detail and lifts the curtain on the resurgence of this racist hate-based ideology. I'll add clips as soon as they are up. This is beyond disgusting and now MAGA idiots are embracing it. Republican Jews are taking notice, as it seems the pro-Israel and ally to the Jewish Faith and Jewish people Republican Party moves to a stance that would decimate that relationship. Christo-Fascism is real, people, open your eyes.

Republican Jews call on party’s nominee for Pennsylvania governor to stop using Gab

Far-right candidate Doug Mastriano criticized for promoting campaign using social media network that hosts extremists, rampant antisemitism

JTA — The Republican Jewish Coalition has joined the chorus calling on Pennsylvania’s far-right Republican gubernatorial candidate to stop promoting his campaign on Gab, a social media network favored by extremists.

Doug Mastriano has 38,000 followers on Gab, a self-proclaimed “free speech” platform that hosts content prohibited on more mainstream sites. It grew in popularity after Twitter and other networks cracked down on extremists in recent years. Mastriano has also reportedly paid for “campaign consulting,” which makes new Gab users automatically follow him.

Gab is well known as a hospitable place for antisemitic, racist and anti-LGBTQ content. Gab’s founder, Andrew Torba, left Twitter after posting antisemitic content there.

In one notable case, the shooter who killed 11 Jews in their synagogue on Shabbat in 2018 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, regularly used the network.

“Jewish voters expect candidates to condemn antisemitism, whether it comes from the far-left or the far-right — and to shun those who espouse it,” Matt Brooks, the Republican Jewish Coalition’s executive director, told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Thursday.

“We strongly urge Doug Mastriano to end his association with Gab, a social network rightly seen by Jewish Americans as a cesspool of bigotry and antisemitism,” he said.

The Republican Jewish Coalition has previously spoken out against candidates who embrace extremist views, such as when Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar spoke at a conference of white nationalists in February.

The coalition joins a broad array of groups and individuals denouncing Mastriano, who won the Republican primary in May after receiving support from Democrats who believed he would be easier to defeat than his more moderate rival.

He is still seen as a long shot in November’s election but has been climbing in the polls against Josh Shapiro, the Jewish Democrat who is currently Pennsylvania’s attorney general.

“Here are the facts: Doug Mastriano is recruiting extremists on Gab, the same social media platform that empowered the Tree of Life killer to murder 11 Jewish people in a Pittsburgh synagogue,” Shapiro posted to social media Friday, a day after an array of politicians and community leaders held a press conference in Pittsburgh to denounce Mastriano’s Gab usage. “This is far from normal, and cannot be accepted as such. He is dangerous.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/repub...pennsylvania-governor-to-stop-using-gab/

This is his opponent on Mastriano during the primary season. He scratches the surface of this ideology here as well.

MAGA leadership is on full display promoting this sickening ideology. Here they are promoting Christian Nationalism to their far-right youth organization at a TPU USA conference.

More to come.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/25/22 10:43 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
The Looney Left and the Radical Right both have their share of Nuts.

As far as Christian Nationalism is concerned, I am not sure what that is in the minds of the Looney Left.

I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen.

I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered, died, and was buried.
On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures;

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

So, that takes care of the Christian part.

I am a proud Citizen of the United States of America.
I have loyalty and devotion to this Nation.
Many in my family served and many lost their lives in the service of this Nation from the Revolutionary War on.

So that takes care of the Nationalism part.

Definition of nationalism
1: loyalty and devotion to a nation
especially : a sense of national consciousness, exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups

This Nation is a melting pot of people, all nationalities and races are represented here.
The combined experience of all these different people has been, and continues to be our strength as a Nation.
Our weakness is when we allow others to attempt to divide and conquer us.

My Lord was Jewish, most likely with Olive skin color or Brown.

Well, so much for the Racism part.

2 members like this: tastybrownies, EveDawg
Legend
Legend
cut that crap out, 40. you know EXACTLY what christian nationalism is in this context. its not even the fringe anymore. its become absolutely mainstream in the republican party.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All nuts are not created equal.

It is a bit disingenuous to say that the right wing nuts are the same, when their objective is totally against everything principal that this country was founded...

They have been around for a while, fascism, under the guise of religion.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't mind people believing and following their faith no matter the religion. That is a fundamental American right afforded to us all. What is wrong is appointing one single religion be inflicted upon our nation. Inflicting your religious beliefs on all of society prevents the rest of society from following their own religious convictions or lack there of as they so choose.

I have no idea why people can't comprehend that our forefathers did not set this nation up to be a theocracy. And that's exactly what they're advocating here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's hypocritical from so many different angles.

These are the same people that will pound the table about the Taliban and how Islam is used to oppress in that corner of the world and then in the next breath quote Scripture to justify pushing a law through.

They'll put on all the fake Patriotism they can muster while working to tear down the pillars the country was founded on. They worship a serial adulterer who panders to a Josef Stalin wannabe and then turn around and call anyone that disagrees with anything they say a Communist.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: dawglover05, PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
As I have been saying most of my life, the far right and the far left are nuts.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by GMdawg

As seen on this very board daily.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: EveDawg, GMdawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Those who keep bringing up how the far right and left 'extremes' are the same either can't or willfully won't see the threat that most see. I even suspect that some may have skin in the game because they are just fine with America becoming a White Christian Theocracy. And anybody comparing me as a progressive to those trashy-ass fascists can just kiss it, and stick your "far left extremes" distraction BS rhetoric where the sun doesn't shine. How pathetic the right has become protecting those that would bring us down.

Most making those comments probably didn't even bother to watch a single clip, like ostriches with their heads in the sand.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 02:00 PM.

Legend
Legend

That’s the typical answer from the extremists, when their extreme is indefensible.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
It is rather odd that on one hand when it comes to abortion they will say, "Yeah, some states are going to far and we don't really take care of unborn babies after they're born but we'll figure that out later".

But when it comes to things they disagree with it's, "But the devil is in the details and we don't know what the consequences might be."

Very odd indeed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by oobernoober

These are the same people that will pound the table about the Taliban and how Islam is used to oppress in that corner of the world and then in the next breath quote Scripture to justify pushing a law through.

They'll put on all the fake Patriotism they can muster while working to tear down the pillars the country was founded on. They worship a serial adulterer who panders to a Josef Stalin wannabe and then turn around and call anyone that disagrees with anything they say a Communist.

It drives me absolutely bonkers how plain as day the hypcrisy is, but that people don't get it.

I have people in my family that will go to church and hear the scripture about things like turning the other cheek, feeding the hungry, or being charitable and then come right out of church and immediately flip to crazy right wing, as if they ignored everything they had just devoutly listened to.

I'd be curious to see how many people who went to DC on January 6th also considered themselves devout Christians.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And your part of the problem with your bashing the hell out of one side.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

That’s the typical answer from the extremists, when their extreme is indefensible.

Look in the mirror bro. Your part of the problem not the solution.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

NOPE. Bashing GOPers for an insurrection, extremist justices, trying to usher in a fascist theocracy or an authoritarian government is FAR FROM CRAZY. Crazy is defending that crap. Decent people like you overlooking that, especially for a 'single issue voter' is reprehensible at best. The sliminess you feel from me shining a light on it... well, that's a YOU feeling from deep in your soul, so live with it, and own it because I won't be your excuse.

Legend
Legend

And as I've said many times on this board,, the proper and best approach for problem solving is to start in the middle and work right and left as needed to get the job done. Those unwilling to do that, just don't belong in office.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

NOPE. Bashing GOPers for an insurrection, extremist justices, trying to usher in a fascist theocracy or an authoritarian government is FAR FROM CRAZY. Crazy is defending that crap. Decent people like you overlooking that, especially for a 'single issue voter' is reprehensible at best. The sliminess you feel from me shining a light on it... well, that's a YOU feeling from deep in your soul, so live with it, and own it because I won't be your excuse.

I bashed the idiots for Jan 6th, uou are the one who cries ad bashes the justices.... did you ever see me bash the justices on the left....nope but you just keep on bashing and making up excuses for your own extreme left leaning self.

Decent people like you overlooking that, especially for a 'single issue voter' is reprehensible at best.

and far left crazies like you who can't read, or understand my posts are not worth wasting our time on. You have gone off the deep end bro and it's a shame.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

All you need to do is look in the mirror to see where the problems lies.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It is rather odd that on one hand when it comes to abortion they will say, "Yeah, some states are going to far and we don't really take care of unborn babies after they're born but we'll figure that out later".

But when it comes to things they disagree with it's, "But the devil is in the details and we don't know what the consequences might be."

Very odd indeed.

Figure it out later sure as hell beats the hell out of just kill them now then figure it out later.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sure the victims of rape and incest appreciate your support after you helped create the problem.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The justices on the left haven't jammed their beliefs up your ass against the overwhelming majority of Americans' wants or beliefs.

If I'm a far-left crazy to you now, that makes me happy. Because you have become a Christo-fascist gasbag IMO, and I always respected your stance on abortion but the slimy-ass way GOPers stacked the court to get this done was way out of bounds. So you can stick your support of this anti-abortion move and know you've earned whatever label you get, we all see your true colors now.

Legend
Legend
I'm sure the victims of rape and incest appreciate your support after you helped create the problem.

and I am sure all the innocent babies slaughter sure look up to you fpr protecting them.

Legend
Legend
The justices on the left haven't jammed their beliefs up your ass against the overwhelming majority of Americans' wants or beliefs.

If I'm a far-left crazy to you now, that makes me happy. Because you have become a Christo-fascist gasbag IMO, and I always respected your stance on abortion but the slimy-ass way GOPers stacked the court to get this done was way out of bounds. So you can stick your support of this anti-abortion move and know you've earned whatever label you get, we all see your true colors now.

BULLCRAP the did in 1972/or 73 when they backed Roe V wade. since you were OK with that you didn't make a peep.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
More lies. We're not baby killers, we are people who believe in the woman's right to choose. But you tell yourself whatever sounds good to justify allowing the country to be torn apart over religious dogma. And we're the whackjobs? You are unhinged at best.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's those carrying those babies that decide whether to protect them or not. I'm fully aware that's none of my business.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I am proud of my true colors. You labeled me a far right butthole long ago just because I don't agree with abortion on demand. So keep calling me names it just makes me look better standing next to you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I am proud of my true colors.

As long as you can help force every woman in America to fly your colors too. And then some.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I didn't vote then. If you did, then that's your fault. BTW Roe was a bipartisan decision unlike its extremist GOPer overturning.

Just a reminder that the majority opinion in Roe v. Wade was written by a lifelong Republican

Few topics are as politically polarizing as the issue of abortion. Those of us who are middle aged and younger have always known the abortion debate divided between the political right and left, conservatives and liberals, Republicans and Democrats.

But that has not always been the case.

In fact, it was mostly Republican-nominated Supreme Court Justices who made the case for choice in 1973.

Roe vs. Wadewas decided with a 7-2 vote, and not along partisan lines. Those who ruled in favor were as follows, with the president who nominated them and the party of that president indicated in parentheses:

Harry Blackmun (Nixon, R)
Lewis Powell (Nixon, R)
Warren Burger (Nixon, R)
William Brennan (Eisenhower, R)
Potter Stewart (Eisenhower, R)
Thurgood Marshall (LBJ, D)
William Douglas (FDR, D)
Those who dissented on Roe vs. Wade:

Byron White (Kennedy, D)
William Rehnquist (Nixon, R)
So five Republican-nominated justices and two Democrat-nominated justices ruled for choice, while one Republican and one Democrat-nominated justice ruled against.

A lifelong Republican justice, Harry Blackmun, wrote the majority opinion in the case, which basically stated that state laws that unduly restrict abortion were unconstitutional—not specifically because a woman had a right to choose to have an abortion, but because of a the right to privacy under the 14th amendment.

When viewed as a private medical decision, the fact that the party-of-less-government-interference Republicans ruled that way makes perfect sense. It has always struck me as odd that the party who advocates for less government regulation and less government interference in our lives would be the one to push for the government to stick its nose into people's personal medical decisions. It turns out, they've only pushed that argument during my adult lifetime.

There are, of course, debates to be had about when a person should be considered a person with full rights and protections under the law, and people are free to debate the moral questions that come with the personal and/or medical reasons people choose to abort a pregnancy. But there's no question that abortion is a medical decision, which automatically makes it an issue of privacy. That has not changed since 1973. That has not changed since Republicans ruled in favor of choice.

It's only since the religious right aligned itself with the Republican party in a direct way (and vice versa) that making abortion illegal became a Republican stance.

Interestingly, that relationship—and the corruption that inevitably results in when religious ideology slips into bed with politics—even played out in the life of "Jane Roe" herself. The woman in the landmark case who pushed for choice, whose real name was Norma McCorvey, ended up publicly changing her stance and pushing an anti-abortion message for decades.

Then, in her dying days, she confessed that it was all an act—that she had been paid by anti-abortion activists to put out that messaging.

Despite how passionate some people's anti-abortion stances are today—and how politicians use that passion to garner support—abortion has not always been a big, controversial political issue. For much of Western history, abortion was viewed as a private matter between a woman and a doctor, and history also shows that making abortion illegal doesn't make abortions not happen.

Since the only things proven to reduce abortion rates are comprehensive sex education, easy and affordable access to birth control, and access to healthcare in general; since choice was originally a Republican-led stance as evidenced by the Roe vs. Wade ruling; and since abortion rates have fallen consistently for the past four decades—more drastically under Democrat administrations than Republican, oddly enough—and are currently at record lows, overturning Roe vs. Wade in an attempt to end abortion seems like a strange goal to pin one's partisan hat on.

https://www.upworthy.com/roe-vs-wade-majority-opinion-written-by-lifelong-republican

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

I am proud of my true colors. You labeled me a far right butthole long ago just because I don't agree with abortion on demand. So keep calling me names it just makes me look better standing next to you.

Because you're TOO blind to see you called me an extremist long before. We're done now. You can join the other extremist MAGAts in their barrel of poop-throwing monkeys and revel in the right's little deceptive win. We'll see how long that lasts.

Legend
Legend
More lies. We're not baby killers, we are people who believe in the woman's right to choose. But you tell yourself whatever sounds good to justify allowing the country to be torn apart over religious dogma. And we're the whackjobs? You are unhinged at best.

No you believe it's OK to murder babies. Your just to afraid to admit it. As far as religious dogma...once again that's all in your head. Why are you so afraid of religion???? and as I have pointed out 100 times on these bards I was against abortion long before I was a christian. You however just can't accept that you support murdering innocent babies. For some strange reason... well OK it's not strange you support killing babies. It's as plain as the nose on your face yet you don't have the gonads to just say it, like I say I stand up for me beliefs. Why are you so scared???

Legend
Legend
I am proud of my true colors.

As long as you can help force every woman in America to fly your colors too. And then some.

Look in the mirror bro, that makes us twins.

Legend
Legend
Thanks for pointing out my beliefs that both sides are nuts.
I didn't vote then. If you did, then that's your fault. BTW Roe was a bipartisan decision unlike its extremist GOPer overturning.

Just a reminder that the majority opinion in Roe v. Wade was written by a lifelong Republican

Few topics are as politically polarizing as the issue of abortion. Those of us who are middle aged and younger have always known the abortion debate divided between the political right and left, conservatives and liberals, Republicans and Democrats.

But that has not always been the case.

In fact, it was mostly Republican-nominated Supreme Court Justices who made the case for choice in 1973.

Roe vs. Wadewas decided with a 7-2 vote, and not along partisan lines. Those who ruled in favor were as follows, with the president who nominated them and the party of that president indicated in parentheses:

Harry Blackmun (Nixon, R)
Lewis Powell (Nixon, R)
Warren Burger (Nixon, R)
William Brennan (Eisenhower, R)
Potter Stewart (Eisenhower, R)
Thurgood Marshall (LBJ, D)
William Douglas (FDR, D)
Those who dissented on Roe vs. Wade:

Byron White (Kennedy, D)
William Rehnquist (Nixon, R)
So five Republican-nominated justices and two Democrat-nominated justices ruled for choice, while one Republican and one Democrat-nominated justice ruled against.

A lifelong Republican justice, Harry Blackmun, wrote the majority opinion in the case, which basically stated that state laws that unduly restrict abortion were unconstitutional—not specifically because a woman had a right to choose to have an abortion, but because of a the right to privacy under the 14th amendment.

When viewed as a private medical decision, the fact that the party-of-less-government-interference Republicans ruled that way makes perfect sense. It has always struck me as odd that the party who advocates for less government regulation and less government interference in our lives would be the one to push for the government to stick its nose into people's personal medical decisions. It turns out, they've only pushed that argument during my adult lifetime.

There are, of course, debates to be had about when a person should be considered a person with full rights and protections under the law, and people are free to debate the moral questions that come with the personal and/or medical reasons people choose to abort a pregnancy. But there's no question that abortion is a medical decision, which automatically makes it an issue of privacy. That has not changed since 1973. That has not changed since Republicans ruled in favor of choice.

It's only since the religious right aligned itself with the Republican party in a direct way (and vice versa) that making abortion illegal became a Republican stance.

Interestingly, that relationship—and the corruption that inevitably results in when religious ideology slips into bed with politics—even played out in the life of "Jane Roe" herself. The woman in the landmark case who pushed for choice, whose real name was Norma McCorvey, ended up publicly changing her stance and pushing an anti-abortion message for decades.

Then, in her dying days, she confessed that it was all an act—that she had been paid by anti-abortion activists to put out that messaging.

Despite how passionate some people's anti-abortion stances are today—and how politicians use that passion to garner support—abortion has not always been a big, controversial political issue. For much of Western history, abortion was viewed as a private matter between a woman and a doctor, and history also shows that making abortion illegal doesn't make abortions not happen.

Since the only things proven to reduce abortion rates are comprehensive sex education, easy and affordable access to birth control, and access to healthcare in general; since choice was originally a Republican-led stance as evidenced by the Roe vs. Wade ruling; and since abortion rates have fallen consistently for the past four decades—more drastically under Democrat administrations than Republican, oddly enough—and are currently at record lows, overturning Roe vs. Wade in an attempt to end abortion seems like a strange goal to pin one's partisan hat on.

https://www.upworthy.com/roe-vs-wade-majority-opinion-written-by-lifelong-republican

Thanks for pointing out my beliefs that both sides are nuts.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

No you believe it's OK to murder babies. Your just to afraid to admit it. As far as religious dogma...once again that's all in your head. Why are you so afraid of religion???? and as I have pointed out 100 times on these bards I was against abortion long before I was a christian. You however just can't accept that you support murdering innocent babies. For some strange reason... well OK it's not strange you support killing babies. It's as plain as the nose on your face yet you don't have the gonads to just say it, like I say I stand up for me beliefs. Why are you so scared???

Umm, SCIENCE and FACTS play a big role in my being OK with CHOICE. Kick rocks. This thread is about Christian Nationalism, you want to rant about abortion, there is a thread for that dead horse.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 04:01 PM.

Legend
Legend

Because you're TOO blind to see you called me an extremist long before. We're done now. You can join the other extremist MAGAts in their barrel of poop-throwing monkeys and revel in the right's little deceptive win. We'll see how long that lasts.

OK enjoy your time with the KKK hey I mean if your going to lump me in with folks I am not a part off, then all is fair right?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually quite the opposite. I don't try to force a woman into anything one way or the other. In my life when the situation came up my daughters mother and I chose life. When my daughter got pregnant I advised life. She too chose life. I don't try to impose my beliefs and will upon others. You do. That's the opposite, not the same.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yet you don't stand up for the innocent babies who can't stand up for themselves bro. But if they are 1 week old and the mother murders them then your all in for saying thats wrong.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by oobernoober

------------------------------------------------

It drives me absolutely bonkers how plain as day the hypcrisy is, but that people don't get it.

Do you feel the same way about guys like OCD who post hateful rhetoric such as the following daily?

Those who keep bringing up how the far right and left 'extremes' are the same either can't or willfully won't see the threat that most see. I even suspect that some may have skin in the game because they are just fine with America becoming a White Christian Theocracy. And anybody comparing me as a progressive to those trashy-ass fascists can just kiss it, and stick your "far left extremes" distraction BS rhetoric where the sun doesn't shine. How pathetic the right has become protecting those that would bring us down.

Most making those comments probably didn't even bother to watch a single clip, like ostriches with their heads in the sand.

O
Legend
Legend
O
If we're zooming the conversation out beyond the original Christian Nationalism topic, then yes. He sometimes does say extreme things in response to extremists that are at odds with his beliefs.

Within the original topic, no. This whole Christian Nationalism is pretty much limited to THAT group of Republicans.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's fair.

Personally, I think there is validity to the talk about how extremists on both sides are a detriment to our society evolving in a positive manner. And no one on this board spreads more hate than OCD.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
LOL you're a joke. That's me Mr. Hate and every mirror in your world is a liar. I think you spread lies and misinformation under the guise of fact. I think you are a horrible human being. I think you are a bully. Should I go on? Nobody cares what you or I think.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 07:46 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Christian Nationalism

Link Copied to Clipboard