Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Take the stupid woman's word for it, she saw it on the internet.

This is the CHRISTIAN NATIONALISM candidate.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 08:36 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 09:12 PM.

Legend
Legend
J.D. Vance: People Should Stay In 'Violent' Marriages For The Sake Of The Kids

https://www.yahoo.com/news/j-d-vance-people-stay-212653616.html

that's right, ladies. even if you're getting your ass beat by your drunk out of control husband, stay with him for the sake of the kids. that way, you teach them a valuable lesson growing up that staying with an active abuser is the christian thing to do.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
and by the way, people who keep claiming this is a fringe or minor aspect of conservatism are straight up liars.

straight. up. liars. i'm so sick of the both sides BS. clearly ONE side is trying to take away freedoms in this country. clearly ONE side is trying to turn this country into a theocracy by christian rule. clearly ONE side is willing to use violence against the federal government just because a billionaire claimed the elections were rigged.

you always hear the "omg both sides urrrrrgg" trash the moment they don't have any meaningful defense for the crap that's happening. yall wanna whine about both sides, go make a thread for it. or make a thread highlighting the far left.

because i promise you, the far left aint doing anything NEAR the garbage the far....nevermind, it's not the far right. it's just the right, now. cause this is mainstream conservatism. our crazy leftist are actually still considered crazy.

conservative fringes are now in complete control of the GOP, and the republican voters are supporting them more and more.

imagine being so oblivious and ignorant to your surroundings that one party is actively attempting to legalize discrimination against women and the LGBT, but having the audacity to claim both sides are at fault.

whats the other side at fault for? trying to keep their freedoms? oh the horror...

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
3 members like this: PitDAWG, PortlandDawg, OldColdDawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by oobernoober
If we're zooming the conversation out beyond the original Christian Nationalism topic, then yes. He sometimes does say extreme things in response to extremists that are at odds with his beliefs.

Within the original topic, no. This whole Christian Nationalism is pretty much limited to THAT group of Republicans.

You pretty much captured it. I'm pretty narrowly focused on the thread that I'm in.

That being said, I actually do like most of you - aside from Oober of course wink

Are there things that get under my skin from time to time and/or certain posters? For sure. But, I've just grown too damn fond of most of your internet personalities and what I perceive all of you to look like (for those I haven't met).

Besides, I'm pretty sure I could take most of you on here anyways wink laugh

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Oober, we align about half the time on topics across the board. You shouldn't feel sensitive about or attacked when I slam the right in general, it's politics after all. I don't say anything near as bad as most news these days. And right now, politics in America is all radicalized. Do you not read the tweets, or watch the clips I post? Have you not heard the things your side is saying and doing? You can think whatever you want about me, but you shouldn't take anything I say about the extremists on your side as directed at you in any way. But if you are voting party line GOP on your ballot, maybe something I say will help you make better choices. If I can swing one mind, I can feel very good about all of this.

And I shouldn't even say 'your side', I should say 'the right' because I don't know where you align most days.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 11:45 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
And no one on this board spreads more hate than OCD.

I think this is an exaggeration. I wouldn't say that at all, and I disagree with most of what he says.

As for the other part, I'm probably as much of a 'both sides' person as you, but in this thread we're talking about a specific side. IMO, the 'both sides' argument is kinda moot.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
and by the way, people who keep claiming this is a fringe or minor aspect of conservatism are straight up liars.

It's fringe in terms of ideologies. What they're saying doesn't match the sign behind them (Republican party as a whole still claims to be the same party as long before). To your point, THAT group is getting larger and louder, and more bold. It's kinda scary that one of them can openly trash Separation of Church and State. That they can support people that clearly tried to overthrow a democratic election in favor of a wannabe-tyrant.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O

that's right, ladies. even if you're getting your ass beat by your drunk out of control husband, stay with him for the sake of the kids. that way, you teach them a valuable lesson growing up that staying with an active abuser is the christian thing to do.

Y'alliban.

You called it.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I tried to quit the board recently and couldn't. I'm hooked on talking/debating with you all. Big hugs all around.

... even Pit. :-p

-PrplPplEater
4 members like this: OldColdDawg, GMdawg, dawglover05
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
How dare you! I take breaks from to time, but I ultimately always come back.

Even so, I don't know the next time I'll need a referral for a home improvement contractor in the area, so you are barred from leaving.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
I tried to quit the board recently and couldn't. I'm hooked on talking/debating with you all. Big hugs all around.

... even Pit. :-p

Awe... how sweet! naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05

Even so, I don't know the next time I'll need a referral for a home improvement contractor in the area, so you are barred from leaving.

i'm surprised you and oob haven't jumped down my throat yet.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Y'alliban.

You called it.

Vance is as crazy as Trump. I hope people get out and vote for Tim.

https://www.newsweek.com/tim-ryan-crushing-j-d-vance-ohio-senate-race-poll-1722482

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Move down to greater Cincy and I will for sure.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05

i'm surprised you and oob haven't jumped down my throat yet.

I'm just waiting for you to keep pushing the envelope and say something truly crazy in one of these threads.

Any day now....

Last edited by oobernoober; 07/27/22 02:15 PM.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
DeSantis is Trump on steroids! He must be stopped.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/23/22 04:30 AM.

Legend
Legend
not sure i can match the crazy currently coming out of a certain group of politicians.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
You can't

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
As I have been saying most of my life, the far right and the far left are nuts.

ain't that the truth brother......

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Sure, throw some shade on the far left because the far right has gone completely off the rails. Calling them both extremes while one is domestic terrorism and the other is pink pussycat hats isn't exactly a depiction of equivalence now, is it? When the far left attempts a coup, then you can tell me how extreme they are. When the far left strips away your rights and makes you start wearing a pussycat hat like it's their RELIGION, you let me know. Until then, stop pretending they are polar opposites and feeding the narrative that the far right is only part of the problem, IT'S THE WHOLE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/24/22 11:10 AM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
It's all about perspective and degrees.

The "right" isn't the entire problem because if we are talking normal day to day running of the country stuff - there ARE issues on both sides of the isle.

With that said - as far as danger to the country, to democracy and norms - the far right (which is so far embedded into the Republican party that you can't tell them apart any more) and Christian Nationalism is absolutely out there by itself on an island. Bat poop crazy and self righteous hypocrites.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Sure, throw some shade on the far left because the far right has gone completely off the rails. Calling them both extremes while one is domestic terrorism and the other is pink pussycat hats isn't exactly a depiction of equivalence now, is it? When the far left attempts a coup, then you can tell me how extreme they are. When the far left strips away your rights and makes you start wearing a pussycat hat like it's their RELIGION, you let me know. Until then, stop pretending they are polar opposites and feeding the narrative that the far right is only part of the problem, IT'S THE WHOLE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW.

*Cough* *cough* Bullcrap *Cough* *Cough*

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
it isnt BS. one only side is trying to take away the autonomy of individual americans, and trying to make the case that gas prices is more important than individual liberty.

yall and this both sides BS is trash.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
*Cough* *cough* Bullcrap *Cough* *Cough*

Legend
Legend
yea i forgot who i was talking to. the guy who thinks its his right to tell women what they can and can't do with their own bodies.

i need to limit my interactions with toxic dudes like you.

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, PortlandDawg
Legend
Legend
How a far-right, Christian cellphone company ‘took over’ four Texas school boards

https://www.yahoo.com/news/far-christian-cellphone-company-took-120040645.html

call yourself whatever you want, but from megachurches to this, it's pretty clear here where mainstream conservative christians want to take this country.

when religious folks cry about the decline in americans who identify as christians, look in the mirror.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Here's the rub. America is supposed to be about freedom of religion. Meaning there is no national religion and all religions have the same rights as any other religion. Yet it is the Christian religion that's taking over our schools, stopping our nation's children from learning the truth about our country's history, banning books and in Florida even banning they say anything about people being gay. America was and is never supposed to be a theocracy. The Christian religion is doing everything they can to infect every portion of this country from our children to our government and that is dangerous.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i agree.

which is why it was always hilarious watching christians bad mouth muslims in the middle east while trying to do the same exact thing.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
They won’t throw gays off buildings like in the Middle East. They’ll just tell them they’re sinners that are going to hell if they don’t go to conversion therapy. That’ll screw up the kids enough they’ll commit suicide on their own. No need to throw them off the buildings.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Remember when they were all going nuts about how in Hershey Pennsylvania they were trying to teach Sharia Law? That was hilarious! Now look at them.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
They won’t throw gays off buildings like in the Middle East. They’ll just tell them they’re sinners that are going to hell if they don’t go to conversion therapy. That’ll screw up the kids enough they’ll commit suicide on their own. No need to throw them off the buildings.

christians are showing they don't want to acknowledge their existence and everything. based on the current social atmosphere, i'm glad i'm black and not in the LGBT. they are receiving so much hate and outright venom from conservative christians right now. they typically whine about black and latinos, but christians are infiltrating the government for the main purpose of passing anti-LGBT legislation. its really insane watching all of this happen in real time.

Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Remember when they were all going nuts about how in Hershey Pennsylvania they were trying to teach Sharia Law? That was hilarious! Now look at them.

and the whole entire time, they weren't outraged; they were envious. i've been telling yall about them crazies in idaho and utah, and those communities are only growing. christians creating their own no-go zones.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Idaho is the Pacific NW’s West Virginia. It’s beautiful but the culture is jacked up. White nationalism runs rampant.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
They won’t throw gays off buildings like in the Middle East.

YET. We're heading in that direction with Trumpism and the Federalist Society.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/25/22 03:20 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

christians are showing they don't want to acknowledge their existence and everything. based on the current social atmosphere, i'm glad i'm black and not in the LGBT. they are receiving so much hate and outright venom from conservative christians right now. they typically whine about black and latinos, but christians are infiltrating the government for the main purpose of passing anti-LGBT legislation. its really insane watching all of this happen in real time.

Originally Posted by PitDAWG

and the whole entire time, they weren't outraged; they were envious. i've been telling yall about them crazies in idaho and utah, and those communities are only growing. christians creating their own no-go zones.

Yeah bro, don't get comfortable or complacent. You can bet your ass POCs and progressives are on that list. They always have to have an 'other' to hate. Must feed the hate.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/25/22 03:24 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Christian Nationalists are those that would take your house and tell you GOD told them to do it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
Legend
Agreed bro. I get bashed for being a Christian all the time even though I don't agree at all with Christian Nationalists.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet I usually don't. I wonder why?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Maybe and I mean maybe because you don't stand up for your beliefs. You wimp out bro.

Waiting for the come back lol

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Christian Nationalism

Link Copied to Clipboard