O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by mac
Lets see...

Bidden..old Guy with tons of experience who loves America...

VS...

Trump...old Guy who is undeniably a mentally ill, illiterate crook and who is always on the take to bilk as much money as he can from the American people...

hmmm...not a hard choice for me, a true blue AMERICAN.. poke

Now now, you are not a Doctor, you can't diagnose Trump with mental illness.... tsk tsk tsk.

And Biden obviously loves him some Biden. They are all in it for the power and money.

BS! Any remotely sane person can see that Trump is nuts.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac
Lets see...

Bidden..old Guy with tons of experience who loves America...

VS...

Trump...old Guy who is undeniably a mentally ill, illiterate crook and who is always on the take to bilk as much money as he can from the American people...

hmmm...not a hard choice for me, a true blue AMERICAN.. poke

Now now, you are not a Doctor, you can't diagnose Trump with mental illness.... tsk tsk tsk.

And Biden obviously loves him some Biden. They are all in it for the power and money.

I can, I have the degree.
Trump is clearly a narcissist and a sociopath.
I am not completely sure yet but also probably a psychopath. but I need to see more.
At minimum he is hypomanic, but more likely bipolar
He also has features of paranoid schizophrenia.

Dude is totally messed up. And that is just from what can be seen publicly.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Boy oh boy... pit is gonna have a field day explaining to you both you aren't doctors. I mean anything less than full bore snark mode will just point out his hypocrisy.

Yeah, I know it won't happen.

Legend
Legend
Bluster.. Nothing but Bluster. Trump will NEVER agree to testify. NEVER.

He knows that all he can do is use the 5th. That's it. Anything else is puts him away for a long time.

the J6 has him.. But in the end, I fear it just won't matter. Too many republicans willing to look the other way,. it's not like the old days when politicians would put one of their own away for doing things trump has done.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Now this is funny stuff

‘I’m Sorry ... Mr. Snowflake’: Trump Gets Stark Reality Check From Rep. Jamie Raskin

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) on Friday dismantled former President Donald Trump’s 14-page response to a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the deadly U.S. Capitol riot.

Raskin, a member of the committee, told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes that Trump was already “playing his silly games” with his reply.

“I mean, that letter, including the use of the royal ‘we,’ which was pretty jarring, is just an outrageous distraction from the reality to the extent that there’s anything substance or substantive there,” he continued.

Raskin reality-checked Trump over his claim that Republicans “feel” the election was rigged, saying MAGA Republicans have as yet been unable to pinpoint to him how the vote was actually stolen.

“They can’t say. They just have a feeling. And in fact, Trump uses that too in this enormously revealing letter, where he says lots of people ‘feel’ that there was fraud,” he added. “I’m sorry. Your feelings, Mr. Snowflake, cannot dictate the course of the future of the republic. No, your feelings cannot dictate our elections.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m-sorry-mr-snowflake-trump-082224856.html

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-signed-order-immediate-large-182426010.html

Having issues pasting the full article because I’m on my phone, but this is concerning. Everyone who got after Biden for the Afghanistan withdrawal - and I’m one of them - should also be livid about this.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I said many people of that age have the same issues. In case you missed it, that's not a diagnosis. Everyone knows these issues are often seen in people of his age. A diagnosis is the determination of why a person is having those issues. Another swing and a miss.

In case you missed it that would exactly be a diagnosis.
the identification of the nature of an illness or other problem by examination of the symptoms.

You has said his symptoms are merely old age. That is "determining why a person is having issues".

Did you want to show us those credentials now or do you want to stop with telling us your expert opinions?

I said the symptoms could simply be old age. Let me try to explain this to you in language even a child can understand. For any healthcare professional to understand what tests they must run, what problems they are dealing with, they can't make a diagnosis without asking about and finding out what the symptoms are. Symptoms are simply a tool healthcare professionals use in order to make a diagnosis. They actually ask patients and sometimes even their family members what symptoms they have seen or have suffered with in order to help them.

In the case of Biden we constantly see him and watch him speak. That makes it easy to see such symptoms. Patients and their families are not healthcare professionals but every doctor asks these people about symptoms they have witnessed or changes in a patients health.

A diagnosis is what doctors arrive at after tests and procedures have been conducted based on the symptoms reported to them by those non healthcare professionals.

I hope that helps you. If not I think you are beyond help.

You're still not very good at this.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Put this in context. Before the election trump stated (paraphrasing) we will declare we won no matter the outcome.

This came out in the hearings yesterday.

trump's complete disregard for democracy, the constitution, and rule of law is blatant.

Everything he has done points to one conclusion. trump is a party of one. He cares about nothing else. His 14 page letter with pictures of crowd size?

What? His mind is like a vinyl record with a deep scratch.

30 people in trump's inner circle have been subpoenaed. They have taken the 5th. They feel their response will incriminate them.

To actually consider any vote to put these people in power is close to treason.

Democracy is not a given. It will not last if the votes of the people are not honored. trump wanted to stop all voting when he was ahead and all the votes were not counted. He wanted to throw away the votes not counted. Think about that.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The whole movement of MAGA is cancer. It should be stomped out of our government, and if need be, people.

Legend
Legend
For every soldier who has fought and died for this country the reason behind their sacrifice was the protection of democracy.

The foundation of "for the people and by the people" is the right to have your vote counted. And when the votes are counted the people have spoken.

If a new president is elected there is then the transfer of office to the new president.

Not in trump world. He said we will say I won no matter what the vote says. I will remain in power. He incited a crowd to stop the transfer of power.

He was behind a scheme of fake electors to say he won. He tried to pressure the Georgia election officials to get him the votes to win the state.

He refused to stop militias acting on his command from resorting to violence and death.

Then forced from office he stole government property. When asked to give it back. He hide classified documents.

This traitor was the president.

He should be in prison for life.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
In fairness, when I go back and rewatch the Thomas hearings, I'm not sure I totally understand what Biden was getting at.

He was using any means available to block Thomas. Regardless how much of a stretch. Kinda like Herchel Walker saying he was in Law Enforcement then pulling out a badge from a cracker jacks box.. But that's just a guess on my part.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
Put this in context. Before the election trump stated (paraphrasing) we will declare we won no matter the outcome.

This came out in the hearings yesterday.

trump's complete disregard for democracy, the constitution, and rule of law is blatant.

Everything he has done points to one conclusion. trump is a party of one. He cares about nothing else. His 14 page letter with pictures of crowd size?

What? His mind is like a vinyl record with a deep scratch.

30 people in trump's inner circle have been subpoenaed. They have taken the 5th. They feel their response will incriminate them.

To actually consider any vote to put these people in power is close to treason.

Democracy is not a given. It will not last if the votes of the people are not honored. trump wanted to stop all voting when he was ahead and all the votes were not counted. He wanted to throw away the votes not counted. Think about that.

There was a part of the hearings the other day where Bannon was speaking to a group from China. He explained what trump would do no matter the outcome. (keep in mind, this was before the election even took place) His plan was to deny the loss, declare he won no matter what. The plan was to allow that to happen and when it went before SCOTUS, they would vote in Trumps favor and cause Trump to remain in power. Hell of a plan...

Early voting showed Trump ahead, remember he said he wanted all vote counting to cease at that point. Of course, that's not how it works in the US.

Trump needed to win to avoid all the legal hassles he's under now.

Ya know,, ANY ONE of us that either spent time in the military or intel community or even worked as an employee or contractor (as I did), understands that NOBODY messes with Top Secret, Secret or even confidential documents. They are always supposed to be housed in specific places. There are rules to these things and they are there for a good reason.

And NO,, You can't do a Jedi Mind Trick to declassify things. You can't think about it and have it done. There are Rules and methods and procedures to these things. There are document trails.

THEY WERE NOT HIS TO TAKE.. THEY DO NOT BELONG TO HIM!

Just some of my random thoughts on the Trump.

Last edited by Damanshot; 10/15/22 07:33 PM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I said many people of that age have the same issues. In case you missed it, that's not a diagnosis. Everyone knows these issues are often seen in people of his age. A diagnosis is the determination of why a person is having those issues. Another swing and a miss.

In case you missed it that would exactly be a diagnosis.
the identification of the nature of an illness or other problem by examination of the symptoms.

You has said his symptoms are merely old age. That is "determining why a person is having issues".

Did you want to show us those credentials now or do you want to stop with telling us your expert opinions?

I said the symptoms could simply be old age. Let me try to explain this to you in language even a child can understand. For any healthcare professional to understand what tests they must run, what problems they are dealing with, they can't make a diagnosis without asking about and finding out what the symptoms are. Symptoms are simply a tool healthcare professionals use in order to make a diagnosis. They actually ask patients and sometimes even their family members what symptoms they have seen or have suffered with in order to help them.

In the case of Biden we constantly see him and watch him speak. That makes it easy to see such symptoms. Patients and their families are not healthcare professionals but every doctor asks these people about symptoms they have witnessed or changes in a patients health.

A diagnosis is what doctors arrive at after tests and procedures have been conducted based on the symptoms reported to them by those non healthcare professionals.

I hope that helps you. If not I think you are beyond help.

You're still not very good at this.

You have discounted Biden having anything but old age as his problem, because you agree with Biden. You don't like anyone having an opinion that differs from your own. You also, in you haste to jump on everything you don't agree with, don't realize you don't use the same bar for other situations. Watson and Kraft ("OH THE WOMEN!!!"), Biden and Trump ("IT'S JUST OLD AGE!! DPN"T DIAGNOSE!!")

All you have is hypocrisy and your condescending nonsense. You really should grow up.

Last edited by FrankZ; 10/15/22 09:17 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sorry you have a comprehension problem. I'm saying you have no idea whether or not it's dementia or not. Dear Lord you're like a brick wall.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
rofl hey Fankz Remember when? Probably not. But nice try making a speech impediment into a mental debilitating issue. Typical GOPer’s can’t debate real issues.

Trump details ‘difficult’ rofl cognitive test he says he aced

“The first questions are very easy. The last questions are much more difficult. Like a memory question,” the president said.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday defended his mental fitness to hold office and described the exam he allegedly took assessing his cognitive capabilities, claiming the doctors administering it were amazed by his ability to recall a simple string of words.

In an interview with Fox News medical contributor Marc Siegel, the president said he asked his physician upon his last hospital visit “a little less than a year ago” whether there was “some kind of a cognitive test that I could take” in order to “shut these people up,” referring to critics who had questioned his mental acuity. rofl

trump set the bar for a cognitive test. Betcha you GOPer’s will try and raise that bar for Biden if or when he takes a cognitive test, right? mega Americans crack me up.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm sorry you have a comprehension problem. I'm saying you have no idea whether or not it's dementia or not. Dear Lord you're like a brick wall.

No you are saying I can't diagnose him with dementia but you are allowed to diagnose him as just being old.

You are trying, yet again, to spin and deflect because your ability to make cogent arguments that address the point is limited to 3rd grade personal attacks.

The funny part is I am only stating my opinion, I have not declared a diagnosis. Ironically a medical doctor would not state a diagnosis. You spin opinions to have something to fight about. You spin things so you can insult and attack because you all you have is the misery of not still being in the third grade.

Grow up.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

No you are saying I can't diagnose him with dementia but you are allowed to diagnose him as just being old.

You are trying, yet again, to spin and deflect because your ability to make cogent arguments that address the point is limited to 3rd grade personal attacks.

The funny part is I am only stating my opinion, I have not declared a diagnosis. Ironically a medical doctor would not state a diagnosis. You spin opinions to have something to fight about. You spin things so you can insult and attack because you all you have is the misery of not still being in the third grade.

Grow up.

Just remember FrankZ if you were not standing behind President Biden he would still try to shake your hand.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Grow up.

Just remember FrankZ if you were not standing behind President Biden he would still try to shake your hand.

Joy?

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Rut ro!

lmao, Trump is on the hot seat.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/19/22 10:40 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P

I diagnose you with being obtuse.

Factually he is old. That may or may not be the only cause of the symptoms we are seeing. Try comprehending again and read that quote again. I'll bold it for you in an effort to be helpful.

"you have no idea whether or not it's dementia"

I never said it was just because he was old or not. I said you have no idea either way and neither do I.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I diagnose you with being obtuse.

Factually he is old. That may or may not be the only cause of the symptoms we are seeing. Try comprehending again and read that quote again. I'll bold it for you in an effort to be helpful.

"you have no idea whether or not it's dementia"

I never said it was just because he was old or not. I said you have no idea either way and neither do I.

And you use one of your first posts back to be insulting and try to get your last word.

You will continue to tune the argument to continue to try and win something. I have expressed my opinion. He is showing signs of dementia. Take it or leave it. I don't care. Try and see if you can make a point without being insulting. I don't think you can.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The English language is not an opinion. Try again. I see you haven't gotten any better at this.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The English language is not an opinion. Try again. I see you haven't gotten any better at this.

I expressed an opinion in English. You expressed and opinion in English. No one has questioned what language we are using. Well, you have since you seem to think that is some massive mic drop insult.

But again, I can see you think insult and snark work. You are, once again, wrong.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No, that's not what you said in the beginning. You did however change it over the course of the thread to what you are saying now. He is exhibiting signs that might be linked to dementia. They also may not be linked to dementia. Had you of said that in the first place we would not be where we are now.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No, that's not what you said in the beginning. You did however change it over the course of the thread to what you are saying now. He is exhibiting signs that might be linked to dementia. They also may not be linked to dementia. Had you of said that in the first place we would not be where we are now.

Had you not tried to twist what I said as a medical diagnosis on an Internet forum instead of a statement of opinion we would not be where we are.

Own the fact you look for ways to get a fight.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

I've heard the term useful idiot but until now never thought about what an unuseful idiot would be like. Now I know. Thanks!

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Back to the actual topic rather than people attacking Biden in a thread that has nothing to do with that... But you know, that happens when people just come here to fight.

Man who stormed Capitol with father sentenced to 2 years

Hunter Seefried, 24, and his father, Kevin Seefried, 53, were among the first rioters in the Capitol on Jan. 6, prosecutors say. Kevin Seefried carried a Confederate flag.

A Delaware man who, along with his father, was among the first people in the U.S. Capitol when a pro-Trump mob attacked it last year was sentenced to two years in prison Monday, prosecutors said.

Hunter Seefried, 24, in June was convicted by a Washington, D.C., judge on a felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding and other misdemeanor counts.

His father, Kevin Seefried, 53, who carried a Confederate flag during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, was convicted at the same trial, which was decided by a judge rather than a jury.

Hunter Seefried told U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden he was “deeply sorry for my actions” and “very ashamed of how I carried myself that day.”

He said that every day he carries the “shame and realization” that he participated in an event that’s a “stain” not only on his character, but on U.S. history.

Hunter Seefried cleared a piece of glass from a window as a mob of supporters of then-President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol as Congress was formally counting the electoral votes affirming that Trump had lost the presidential election, officials said.

The Seefrieds, of Laurel, Delaware, “were among the first people to enter the Capitol on January 6,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia said in a statement.

Kevin Seefried's sentencing is scheduled for January in front of McFadden, a 2017 Trump appointee.

When asked Monday by McFadden how he came to participate in the events of Jan. 6, Hunter Seefried responded: “The crowd, the energy. It’s just very overwhelming.”

Hunter Seefried and his lawyer, Edson Bostic, also partially blamed the elder Seefried for encouraging his son’s behavior, although Hunter Seefried, who was 21 on Jan. 6, admitted he was old enough to know better.

“The common charge of a parent is to help prevent a young child from acting impulsively,” Bostic told McFadden earlier in the hearing, implying that Kevin Seefried had failed at that parental duty by pressuring his son to storm the Capitol.

Kevin Seefried was photographed carrying a large Confederate flag through the halls of the Capitol, instantly becoming the subject of an iconic image from the riot.

McFadden called Jan. 6 a “national embarrassment” that Hunter Seefried participated in. “I believe you are a good man who messed up badly,” McFadden said.

Prosecutors had asked that Hunter Seefried be sentenced to 64 months, or over 5 years, in prison, according to a sentencing memorandum filed by the government ahead of Monday’s hearing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...LtRQVTTIl1D_1deP9QCrVUWQg3q7HjW43YS_U3dw

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P
‘He was your prey’: Jan. 6 rioter who assaulted officer gets 90 months

Albuquerque Cosper Head is the latest Jan. 6 defendant to face a lengthy jail sentence for physically assaulting police.

A Jan. 6 rioter who committed one of the day’s most brutal assaults against a police officer has been sentenced to 90 months in prison, the second-longest sentence yet for a member of the mob that stormed the Capitol.

Albuquerque Cosper Head of Tennessee pleaded guilty to yanking Washington Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone away from police lines — shouting “I got one!” before other violent actors in the crowd dragged him away, tased him and robbed him of his badge and radio. Head engaged in a prolonged confrontation with police in the Capitol’s lower west terrace tunnel, the site of the day’s worst violence.

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson described Head’s attack on Fanone as among the most chilling moments of violence on a dark day for the country.

“He was your prey,” Jackson said. “He was your trophy.”

Head is the latest Jan. 6 defendant to face a lengthy jail sentence for physically assaulting police. Jackson recently sentenced Kyle Young — who also pleaded guilty to his role in the assault on Fanone — to 86 months. And in her sentencing, she made waves by calling out congressional Republicans for being “afraid” to challenge Donald Trump’s lies about the 2020 election even amid rising threats to democracy.

Jackson delivered a similarly stark warning at Head’s sentencing.

“The dark shadow of tyranny unfortunately has not gone away,” she said. “Some people are directing their vitriol at Officer Fanone and not at the people who summoned the mob in the first place.”

Only Thomas Webster, a former NYPD officer who was convicted at trial of brutally assaulting a Metropolitan Police officer attempting to hold the line outside the Capitol, has faced a longer sentence so far. U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta sentenced him to 10 years in prison last month.

Nearly 900 people have been charged for their actions at the Capitol on Jan. 6, and more than 400 have pleaded or been found guilty, primarily to misdemeanor offenses. But the number of defendants facing sentences for more serious crimes, like assaulting police officers or seeking to disrupt Congress’ session to count electoral votes and affirm Joe Biden’s presidency, has begun to climb as those slower and more complicated cases near their conclusions.

In delivering her sentence, Jackson noted that Head — unlike Webster — pleaded guilty and accepted responsibility for his crime. She also acknowledged his fiancee, who was in the courtroom, and the hardship his lengthy incarceration would cause for her and their three daughters. Head battled addiction for much of his life and appeared to overcome it seven years ago, in part after meeting his now-fiancee, she said.

“By all accounts, you are a committed and involved father, a loving and loyal and attentive son,“ she said, also acknowledging that his father passed away while he was incarcerated. “I respect that your conduct that day and this sentence are not all there is to you as a human being.”

Jackson also acknowledged the defense’s concerns that Head’s absence would create a hardship for his fiancee and children, who relied on his financial support and presence.

“Whether someone commits a robbery in an urban alley or a rural minimart … It is the partners who love them, the daughters and the sons … who bear the burden of carrying on for a while without them,” she said, but added, “It was the defendant who made the decision to leave them behind and face the real risk he could get arrested.”

Jackson also noted that many of the police officers assaulted on Jan. 6 lost their livelihoods as well.

“The people who are upset need to understand that no matter how outraged they are … when they decide to do battle with the officers who are doing their duty, they will be held accountable,” she said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/...nK4LpYxxomN7XwzyQHucp_fkYB7RxPP-jSZrsNm4

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trump political action committee paid more than $120,000 to law firm representing witnesses in Jan. 6 and Mar-a-Lago investigations

Michael Isikoff·Chief Investigative Correspondent
Thu, October 27, 2022, 3:50 PM·6 min read

Former President Donald Trump’s political action committee (PAC) has paid more than $120,000 to a law firm representing multiple witnesses before the Jan. 6 committee, as well as, more recently, the Justice Department investigation into the classified documents found at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla., according to a Yahoo News review of campaign finance reports.

It is not clear what the payments are for, but any evidence of a financial tie between Trump’s Save America PAC and the law firm could pose problems for Justice Department prosecutors seeking to obtain cooperation from witnesses in the Mar-a-Lago probe, according to legal experts.

A review of campaign finance disclosures shows that Trump’s Save America PAC has made two payments — one for $95,525 in February this year and another for $25,000 in October 2021— to the law firm of the criminal defense lawyer Stanley Woodward. Woodward and his law partner, Stanley Brand, the former chief counsel to the House under then-Democratic Speaker Thomas “Tip” O’Neill, have represented witnesses before the House Jan. 6 select committee, including former White House social media chief Dan Scavino and former trade adviser Peter Navarro.

A New York Times story this week revealed that Justice Department prosecutors in the Mar-a-Lago probe have been actively seeking the cooperation of two other clients of Woodward: Walt Nauta, a former military aide who served as Trump’s presidential valet, and Kash Patel, the former chief of staff at the Defense Department who was designated by Trump as one of his representatives to the National Archives.

Prosecutors were reported to have been concerned that Nauta “misled” them when he was questioned about the removal of documents from a storage room in Mar-a-Lago and are seeking to reinterview him. Patel, who has claimed without evidence that Trump declassified all of the documents in his possession at Mar-a-Lago, recently invoked his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent before a federal grand jury, prompting the Justice Department prosecutors to ask a federal judge to compel his testimony.

The campaign finance reports filed by Save America do not reflect whether the payments to Woodward’s law firm specifically cover his representation of Nauta and Patel. But the financial payments to the firm “raise a lot of questions,” said Michael Luttig, a retired federal appellate judge and former senior Justice Department official. “This smacks of obstruction of justice.”

If the witnesses’ legal fees are being paid by Trump’s PAC, “they have an incentive never to testify against Trump,” Luttig said, adding that such payments could be construed as “hush money.”

Reached on his cell phone, Woodward declined to comment on the Save America payments to his firm. He also declined to answer other questions about his representation of Nauta and Patel in the Mar-a-Lago investigation, including whether he has a “joint defense agreement” with Trump’s lawyers in the case. Under such arrangements, lawyers representing multiple witnesses or potential defendants in an investigation agree to share confidential information and strategy. (A spokesman for Trump did not respond to a request for comment.)

As the lawyer for former White House aides Scavino and Navarro in the Jan. 6 committee probe, Woodward has presided over an aggressive legal strategy marked by attacks on the panel’s legitimacy and a refusal to cooperate based on claims of executive privilege. Scavino and Navarro both refused to comply with committee subpoenas, resulting in the committee’s vote to hold them in contempt of Congress. Navarro has since been indicted by the Justice Department over the matter.

The payments to lawyers made by Trump’s Save America PAC have received increasing attention as the former president’s legal troubles have multiplied. The PAC has raised over $107 million since Trump left the White House last year, bombarding donors in recent weeks with fundraising alerts focusing on the need to “win BIG” in next month’s midterm elections. It has also raised money through a joint fundraising committee that tells donors that “the future of our Country is at stake” and calls on “all Patriots” to join Trump’s “fight to save America.”

Campaign reports suggest the PAC is increasingly being used by Trump to help pay for his legal disputes. The Washington Post recently reported that Save America has doled out $7 million in payments to lawyers representing Trump and his current and former aides in multiple investigations, nearly as much as the $8.4 million it has given to Republican candidates and committees.

Yahoo News reported in September that this includes at least $1.1 million to lawyers representing Trump and his family in a civil suit filed by New York Attorney General Letitia James — a case that involves allegations of fraud in the former president’s personal business dealings unrelated to his service as president or to this year’s midterms.

The Mar-a-Lago probe burst into public view on Feb. 9 — just a few weeks before the second $95,525 payment to Woodward’s law firm — when the Washington Post reported that the inspector general of the National Archives had made a criminal referral to the Justice Department over what it suspected was Trump’s failure to return government records, including some classified documents, after he left office, in violation of the Presidential Records Act.

A score of documents, many marked Secret/SCI and some blanked out, lie on a carpet next to a label reading 2A and a bankers box containing six framed pictures, including a cover of Time magazine.

This led to months of negotiations among the Archives, Justice Department officials and Trump’s representatives, culminating in the Aug. 8 FBI search of Mar-a-Lago. Mary McCord, the former acting attorney general for national security, said that, as the Justice Department seeks to determine if there are grounds for filing criminal charges in the case, the payments by Trump’s PAC to a law firm representing key witnesses could become a problematic issue for federal prosecutors.

“This does raise concerns about a conflict of interest between represented parties and the potential for influence of the witnesses who DOJ seeks to obtain testimony from,” she said.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-politi...mar-a-lago-investigations-195053847.html

Last edited by Jester; 10/27/22 06:09 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Supreme Court says Lindsey Graham must testify in grand jury Georgia election probe

The Supreme Court said Tuesday that Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., must testify before a grand jury in Georgia. He has been subpoenaed for questioning later this month about allegations that then President Donald Trump tried to interfere with Georgia's ballot count after the 2020 election.

Graham filed an emergency request to block the subpoena late last month. Under the Constitution's "Speech or Debate" clause, sitting senators may not be "questioned" about their legislative activity, which protects them from civil and criminal liability in certain circumstances. The purpose of the clause is to shield legislators from unwarranted intrusions on their duties by other branches of government.

Graham argued that the actions he took following the election, which included phone calls to Georgia election officials, were legislative in nature – related to his role as then-chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Therefore, he said, he cannot be called to testify about these actions, even just as a witness. He further argued that the principle of "sovereign immunity" shields him from subpoena.

After granting a brief administrative stay to give Georgia prosecutors time to respond, the court decided to leave intact an Eleventh Circuit order allowing subpoena to remain in effect. The appeals court panel, which included two Trump appointees, said in a unanimous opinion that the lower court had sufficiently limited the range of questions Graham can be asked, in a way that prevents violating his immunity as a senator.

Fulton County, Ga., prosecutors cannot question Graham about "fact-finding inquiries" related to certifying the Georgia election results. Those portions of his phone calls, the district court judge ruled, were part of an "informal legislative investigation." Graham can also contest the legitimacy of questions as they arise.

The prosecutors can, however, question Graham about "non-legislative activity." This includes "communications and coordination with the Trump campaign regarding its post-election efforts in Georgia, public statements regarding the 2020 election, and efforts to 'cajole' or 'exhort' Georgia election officials."

Particularly at issue are phone calls Graham made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in the weeks following the 2020 election. Raffensperger reported at the time that Graham had contacted him to suggest that mail-in ballots from certain counties should not be counted.

Court's opinion issued with the order assumes that the limits placed by the district court and the court of appeals are sufficient. The court particularly noted that Graham can return to the District Court to challenge "should disputes arise regarding the application of the Speech or Debate Clause immunity to specific questions." For this reason, the opinion said, a stay is not necessary.

There were no noted dissents.

If anything, the protection provided to Graham may go beyond what was necessary under Supreme Court precedent. Historically, the Speech or Debate Clause has been applied only to actions explicitly authorized by a committee or occurring during a legislative session, and not to other, "political" activities. In refusing to grant a stay, the Eleventh Circuit said that there's no clear requirement for merely "informal" legislative fact-finding to be protected at all, as the district court said it should be when it declared those parts of the calls off limits. The clause does not extend so far as to make members of Congress "super-citizens," the Supreme Court said in 1972.

With Graham's avenues of relief exhausted, he will likely be required to testify on Nov. 17, as scheduled.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/01/1131776586/supreme-court-lindsey-graham-grand-jury-georgia

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I belive things like this are not heard by the entire court and just the justice assigned to that circuit. For the 11th that is Thomas.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Jan. 6 rioter invokes Epstein after getting a five-month sentence for smashing in a Capitol window

Troy Faulkner, who committed his felony while wearing a jacket bearing the name of his company, said he was apologetic for his behavior on Jan. 6.

WASHINGTON — A Jan. 6 rioter who smashed in a window at the U.S. Capitol invoked Jeffrey Epstein moments after he was sentenced to five months in federal prison Thursday.

Ohio's Troy Faulkner — who smashed in a window at the U.S. Capitol while wearing a jacket bearing his painting company's name and phone number — was handed a five-month sentence by Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell on Thursday.

Faulkner told the court he supported former President Donald Trump because he believed Trump was "combatting human trafficking," a seeming reference to the QAnon conspiracy theory. Faulkner cited inflated numbers about the number of children who go missing every year.

Howell noted that Faulkner burned the "Faulkner Painting" jacket he wore at the U.S. Capitol, and questioned whether Faulkner had actually stopped believing Trump's lies about the 2020 presidential election, as his lawyer had implied in a sentencing memo.

After Faulkner's lawyer John Machado said that Faulkner "was and still is a fan" of Trump, Howell asked whether he still believes everything that Trump says. Machado said his client now knows that Trump is not the legitimate president.

Howell said it was reasonable to question whether Jan. 6 defendants like Faulkner were "still susceptible to a giant lie" and could engage in political violence in the future.

While leaving the courthouse after his sentencing, Faulkner walked about to news cameras outside and made a comment to the media about Epstein.

"How about that Epstein island list? How 'bout that one? Wanna talk about that? Where's the Epstein Island list?" Faulkner said, referring to sex trafficking by the disgraced financier, who has been the subject of numerous conspiracy theories. Epstein died by suicide while in federal custody, and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell was convicted in the sex trafficking scheme in December 2021.

Faulkner, his attorney said during his sentencing hearing, was "at a better place" than he was when he smashed in a Capitol window. But Faulkner seemed to go a bit off script during his comments to the judge and suggested that rioters were somehow set up by police.

"We were told by the president to go there," Faulkner said before the judge. "I wasn't in my best state of mind. ... I've been remorseful every day."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...DTYI07JZUmQdp2tLGgJvaxmiU7oi9EfsWorDys5o

Yes, they walk among us. But unlike a zombie apocalypse you never know who they are until they begin to speak.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[Linked Image from images.45worlds.com]

Legend
Legend
Dude is programmed. 5mo to de-program? Yeah ok, we’ll see.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pence opens up on Trump and Jan. 6, GOP takes notice, after dismal midterms
Tom LoBianco
Tom LoBianco·Reporter
Thu, November 10, 2022, 2:45 PM·4 min read

In an excerpt of his forthcoming memoir published in the Wall Street Journal, which ran not long after Election Day came to a close, Pence revealed a wealth of new details about his direct interactions with then-President Donald Trump in the weeks leading up to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

The former vice president and potential 2024 contender unloaded at length for the first time. He wrote that in a meeting shortly after the 2020 presidential election, he counseled Trump to accept reality and prepare to run again in 2024, but that Trump sounded “weary.”

Pence went on to say he received a phone call from Trump on New Year’s Day 2021, in which Trump pressured him to sign on to a push by congressional Republicans to overturn the election results. Pence said that was not within his power.

“‘You’re too honest,’” Pence said Trump told him. “‘Hundreds of thousands are gonna hate your guts. ... People are gonna think you’re stupid.’”

He also described a Jan. 4, 2021, meeting in the White House with Trump and his lawyer John Eastman in which Pence chipped away at Eastman’s arguments that a vice president has the authority to unilaterally overthrow election results, until the lawyer "stammered" in protest, “Well, it’s never been tested in courts, so I think it is an open question.”

Seen through French windows behind a tree, Vice President Mike Pence talks to Marc Short, who is carrying a file of official papers.
Vice President Mike Pence, left, and his chief of staff, Marc Short, in the Oval Office on Jan. 4, 2020. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
When Pence motioned to Trump, he noted that the president did not seem to be paying attention as his vice president dismantled Eastman’s arguments.

Pence aides and advisers have long said that Trump's former second-in-command would never reveal any private conversations he had with Trump during their four or so years of working together. But after months of sharing little of his feelings about the Capitol attack and of Trump persistently targeting him, Pence has been gradually revealing more, in advance of the publication of his memoir next week.

On Wednesday, after the midterm elections, an excerpt of Pence’s book, "So Help Me God," was passed around between Republicans watching the fast-developing 2024 field.

The timing, according to Indiana Republicans who spoke with Yahoo News, seemed a perfect chance to capture Trump at his weakest moment and potentially to elevate Pence as a 2024 prospect at a moment when some Republicans were looking for an alternative to Trump for the GOP nomination.

In the excerpt, Pence delivered a gripping account of how, on Jan. 6, he jabbed his finger at his Secret Service detail, demanding that they not leave the Capitol and that they walk calmly to a secure location, even as rioters bore down on him and his team.

And for the first time, Pence also detailed Trump’s surprisingly sheepish encounter with him days after the insurrection. “I met with the president on Jan. 11. He looked tired, and his voice seemed fainter than usual,” Pence wrote. Trump asked about him and his family, he wrote, inquiring whether he had been “scared” on Jan. 6.

“No,” Pence said he replied. “I was angry. You and I had our differences that day, Mr. President, and seeing those people tearing up the Capitol infuriated me.”

The schedule for Pence’s book launch next week is already packed with plenty of chances for him to make news. He’ll sit down for an interview with ABC News anchor David Muir Monday night. On Wednesday, he'll be the subject of a CNN town hall hosted by the anchor Jake Tapper. He is also expected to attend a meeting of the Republican Jewish Coalition and to mingle with party megadonors on the subsequent weekend.

It could also get a boost from Trump himself, who has repeatedly teased his formal launch of a 2024 bid for the White House. The latest tease date for Trump’s launch is on Tuesday, the publication date of Pence’s book.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pence-op...ice-after-dismal-midterms-194545404.html

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Barr's response to the question of supporting trump if he were to win the primary after how he prefaced that question.

That really is disturbing. He states trump is unfit for the position. Then says he basically would be forced to support him "if" the democrat was progressive.

Progressive versus a failure to republicans and a traitor.

I can not for the life of me understand that kind of thinking.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p6

Link Copied to Clipboard