Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
when one politician spells Marshall wrong in this context, it can be passed off as fat fingering your keyboard.. When they all spell it incorrectly, it demonstrates a concerted effort to lie. Wondering if this falls under RICO...... Just wondering...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Anyone wanna bet against Clemdawg's 2017 predix?

Not this dawg. I got you.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
https://www.businessinsider.com/gin...meadows-coup-january-6-committee-2022-12

Ginni Thomas told the Jan. 6 committee she 'regret' texting Mark Meadows about a 'coup' and pushing Sidney Powell's 'Kraken' plan

Virginia Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, told the January 6 committee that she regretted her post-2020 election texts and statements that warned of Democrats trying to steal the election, messages that sparked outrage and questions of Thomas' standing on the court.

"I regret all of these texts," Thomas, who goes by Ginni, told the panel during a closed-door deposition in September. The transcript of her testimony was released on Friday morning.

Thomas, who is 65, repeated multiple times that she regret words when she was "clearly emotional" as she traded messages with then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

"It was an emotional time. I was probably just emoting, as I clearly was with Mark Meadows somewhat," Thomas said when asked of her conversations with another top Trump aide.

Among the things Thomas wrote were her frustration about the "whole coup," initial support for Sidney Powell, a later embattled Trump lawyer who promised for months to "release the Kraken" of supposed evidence of widespread voter fraud, and criticism of Vice President Mike Pence sent after the January 6 Capitol riot. (Thomas told the panel she was unclear what she meant by a "coup.")

Thomas also repeated her public claims that there is a "wall" between her conservative activism and Thomas' work on the nation's highest court in the land. She repeatedly denied discussing any of the post-2020 election cases with her husband. Thomas claimed that the most senior justice on the court is simply "uninterested in politics."

The closest Ginni Thomas came to acknowledging any political conversation with Justice Thomas was a reference to her "best friend" bucking her up on November 24th. Thomas had just texted Meadows that she was considering leaving politics "if you all cave to the elites."

"I wish I could remember, but I have no memory of the specifics," Thomas told the panel of the conversation with her husband. "My husband often administers spousal support to the wife that's upset. So I assume that that's what it was."

The Washington Post and CBS' publication of Ginni Thomas' texts with Meadows in March caused a public firestorm, especially among Democrats. Multiple Democratic lawmakers called on Thomas to recuse himself from cases related to January 6 after the texts came to light.

Thomas also discussed in greater detail with the panel her attendance at the January 6 rally where President Donald Trump spoke before the Capitol riot began. Thomas said she traveled from her Virginia home and "left when I got cold." She wasn't even sure if she stayed for Trump's now infamous speech.

Asked about her views on the election in retrospect, Thomas said that Joe Biden is the president. But despite repeated questioning from Republican Rep. Liz Cheney, Thomas refused to concede her view that widespread fraud tainted the outcome. Multiple Republicans, including then-Attorney General Bill Barr, have said that widespread fraud did not alter the 2020 presidential election.

"I worried that there was fraud and irregularities that distorted the election but it wasn't uncovered in a timely manner, so we have President Biden," Thomas told the panel at another point during her interview.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Former Trump White House aide told Jan. 6 panel Mark Meadows burned documents a dozen times during the transition period

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/27/politics/january-6-transcripts-key-findings/index.html

They just don't care. All of the things that have been exposed and they don't give a damn. Then they claim they're on the side of Christianity and Patriotism. It's sickening. All they care about is Hunter's laptop.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"Ginni Thomas told the Jan. 6 committee she 'regret' texting Mark Meadows about a 'coup' and pushing Sidney Powell's 'Kraken' plan"

Cute,, she regrets texting Meadows about his matter, but doesn't regret lying that Trump Lost and the "coup".....

She needs to be looked into,, so does her husband.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
j/c:

'I Also Orchestrated It': Uncharged J6 Witness Ray Epps Transcript Released

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...-j6-witness-ray-epps-transcript-released

P
Legend
Legend
P
Release Of Ray Epps’ Transcript Again Deflates Right-Wing Claims About Jan. 6

Right-wingers finally got what they asked for: Epps' transcript.

This week, Fox News host Tucker Carlson had a critique of the January 6 report: there was no mention of the supposed federal provocateur that the right held responsible for the whole event!

Carlson was referring to Ray Epps, a former Oath Keeper who was caught on video on Jan. 5 urging the MAGA faithful to march on the Capitol, before wisely choosing not to enter on Jan. 6 itself.

Epps has become the center of a right-wing conspiracy theory which casts him as Exhibit #1 supporting the idea that Jan. 6 was a “fedsurrection,” as some call it — a government-instigated attempt at discrediting the Trump movement.

“Even by their own standards, they’re inconsistent because the committee did not send a criminal referral about Ray Epps,” Carlson said this week.

He then remarked that Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) “himself thanked Ray Epps,” before adding a trademark closer with his befuddled glare: “What is going on here?”

Now, thanks to the latest batch of transcripts from the January 6 Committee, we know.

The panel on Thursday released a transcript of its interview with Epps, alongside many other as-yet-unreleased key interviews, including testimony from Donald Trump Jr., White House advisor Stephen Miller and two Georgia election workers targeted by a Rudy Giuliani-boosted smear campaign. Epps was unique among the bunch, however, in that right-wingers have accused him for more than a year of being a federal agent inserted into the riot to instigate violence. Or, as Carlson put it, “if it’s not some sort of op, okay, then what is it?”

When asked repeatedly during his interview with the committee about whether he had ever worked with the FBI or whether any of his activities at the Capitol occurred at the direction or consultation of federal law enforcement, the transcript shows Epps continually said “no, sir.”

The panel also asked Epps if he was affiliated with any of the following agencies: the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department. He answered no to them all.

As the committee continues to release the transcripts that underpinned its investigation, some right-wing media personalities have tried to suggest that Epps’s absence in the report and transcripts — until today — was evidence of some kind of conspiracy.

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) suggested that the panel would “adjourn without fulfilling [its] year old promise to release Epps transcript.”

But in the transcript itself, Epps described genuinely believing that the election was stolen, and deciding to travel to Washington, D.C. to act on that belief. But when the big day came and he saw violence unfolding, Epps claimed that he then decided it was a bridge too far.

“I saw people crawling all over the Capitol, climbing the walls. It made me kind of ill to my stomach,” he told lawmakers. “There was no point in going back. It had gone beyond to what I wanted it to be.”

“They hijacked this cause,” he added later on. “When they hijacked it and it turned the other way, all credibility was lost.”

Epps said in the transcript that he wanted a “peaceful demonstration,” though the Jan. 5 video shows him exhorting Trump followers to “go into the Capitol.” Right-wing website Revolver News later published articles accusing Epps of being part of a federal “breach team” aimed at instigating the violence, and the theory took off.

Epps, a resident of Arizona, was only the latest scapegoat that the right-wing used to blame for the violence of January 6, following claims that Antifa caused the violence and theories about other potential provocateurs.

Ironically, the transcript suggests that Epps himself believed that Antifa may have been behind the violence at the Capitol.

“Who else would it be?” he said. “I didn’t know anybody else that would do it.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckr...n-deflates-right-wing-claims-about-jan-6

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The New York Times

Jan. 6 Transcripts Reveal Disagreements That Divided Trump Camp

Luke Broadwater, Alan Feuer, Catie Edmondson and Stephanie Lai
Sat, December 31, 2022 at 10:13 AM EST·7 min read

So far, the transcripts have added details to the public’s understanding of how police intelligence failures contributed to the Capitol attack, how former President Donald Trump considered “blanket pardons” for those charged, and how Trump-aligned lawyers allegedly tried to steer witness testimony.

The committee is rushing to publish more interviews before Jan. 3, when Republicans will take control of the House. Although the committee conducted more than 1,000 interviews, many of them were informal; only a few hundred were transcribed sessions.

Here are some takeaways from the thousands of pages released this week.

Giuliani thought seizing voting machines could be an impeachable offense.

At a chaotic meeting in the Oval Office in December 2020, outside advisers urged Trump to use the military to seize voting machines in a bid to rerun the election.

That was too much for even Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer who had encouraged baseless election fraud claims but told Trump that the plan could be impeachable behavior.

“This may be the only thing that I know of that you ever did that could merit impeachment,” Giuliani recalled telling the president.

In his interview with the committee, Giuliani refused to discuss his role in many aspects of the effort to overturn the 2020 election, although he said he had rejected Trump’s idea of granting him a pardon.

“The president asked me what I thought of it,” he said of the pardon. “And I said I thought it would be a terrible mistake for him.”

Giuliani was less forthcoming when asked if Trump had ever thought of pardoning himself. “That would be privileged, actually, if he raised that with me,” he said.

The Secret Service was concerned about the Proud Boys leader’s White House visit.

On Dec. 12, 2020, hours before hundreds of members of his far-right group took part in a pro-Trump protest, Enrique Tarrio, leader of the Proud Boys, posted a photo of the White House steps on social media.

“Last minute invite to an undisclosed location,” Tarrio wrote on Parler, a right-wing social media app.

Newly released emails and testimony suggest that some Secret Service agents were concerned about how a prominent far-right extremist had so easily gained access to the White House.

Committee investigators later determined that the White House visit had been a public event that was likely arranged by a friend of Tarrio, Bianca Gracia, founder of a group called Latinos for Trump.

In an email obtained by the committee, Ron Rowe, chief of staff to the Secret Service’s director, asked Bobby Engel, a Secret Service agent: “Can we get some specifics on who submitted him for the tour? Why didn’t we pick up on his role/membership in the Proud Boys?”

Anthony Ornato, a former Secret Service agent who was Trump’s deputy chief of staff for operations, told the panel that he did not recall if he knew who the Proud Boys were at the time of Tarrio’s visit. The group’s name notably came up during a 2020 presidential debate.

Tarrio is one of five members of the Proud Boys who are now on trial in Washington, where they are facing charges of seditious conspiracy. Opening arguments are expected to begin next month.

Virginia ‘Ginni’ Thomas tried to play down her role in contesting the election.

In a wide-ranging interview, Virginia Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas who is known as Ginni, sought to play down her role in attempts to challenge election results.

Thomas acknowledged that she had exchanged text messages after the election with Mark Meadows, Trump’s chief of staff, in which she recommended that he support Sidney Powell, a pro-Trump lawyer who was pushing false accusations that foreign governments had hacked into the country’s voting machines.

Thomas denied that she had discussed her activities with her husband. But she did acknowledge that she had been referring to Justice Thomas as her “best friend” in texts with Meadows, in which she said a talk with her “best friend” had cheered her up while she was distraught over Trump’s loss.

“My husband often administers spousal support to the wife that’s upset,” she told investigators.

Thomas also acknowledged taking part in a project called FreeRoots that had sent mass emails to state lawmakers in key swing states saying they had “power to decide if there were problems in their election.”

In a tense exchange with Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., vice chair of the panel, Thomas said that she still believed that the election had been marred by fraud. When questioned further, Thomas could not come up with any specific instances of fraud.

CIA staff had a ‘suicide pact’ to resign if Trump fired the director.

New details also arose this week about plans to replace the director of the CIA with a Trump loyalist in the final stages of the administration. The committee received testimony about a mass resignation plan at the CIA in opposition to Trump’s attempt to replace Gina Haspel as director with Kashyap P. Patel, a lawyer and staunch supporter of the president.

According to Alyssa Farah Griffin, former White House communications director, Haspel had a “suicide pact” in place, in which the entire intelligence community would resign if she were removed from her post.

“Allegedly, for about 14 minutes, Kash was actually the CIA director,” Griffin said.

Trump’s White House was marked by constant infighting.

One theme throughout the transcripts is the intense infighting that was a constant feature of the Trump White House. Lawyers fought with lawyers. Communications staff fought among themselves. The president berated aides of all ranks.

Some examples: Griffin provided a scathing assessment of Kayleigh McEnany, the former White House press secretary: “I am a Christian woman, so I will say this. Kayleigh is a liar and an — She’s a opportunist.”

Trump adviser Jason Miller told investigators he was “pissed off” when he learned that Cleta Mitchell, a longtime conservative lawyer, listed his name as the official to contact on a document she circulated denying that President Joe Biden had won the election. “I called Cleta and said, ‘What the hell?’” Miller said. “And she said, ‘Yeah, you guys weren’t moving fast enough, so I just put your name on it and sent it out.’”

Trump didn’t want to do ‘a big PR push’ for a Capitol Police officer who died after Jan. 6.

The transcripts also show the conditional nature of the former president’s support for law enforcement. Trump agreed at the urging of his staff to lower the flag over the White House to honor a Capitol Police officer who died after Jan. 6, but “was adamant that we not do a news release or a big PR push,” Miller wrote in a text message.

“We want to make it clear nobody is a stronger supporter of law enforcement than President Trump but we don’t want to blast it out,” Miller wrote.

A furniture executive bankrolled private jets for Trump’s circle.

Testimony released Friday detailed how Patrick Byrne, a former CEO of the furniture retail company Overstock, took on the role of a financier who chartered private jets for people in Trump’s circle as they fought election results.

Trips included bringing Trump supporters and members of the Proud Boys to attend rallies in Washington before Jan. 6, taking lawyers and cyberexperts to investigate voting machines and transporting people who signed affidavits about election fraud.

Byrne also attended a White House meeting in which participants urged Trump to seize voting machines. In his deposition, Byrne said he had called for the meeting and asked the president to “put us in, coach.”

In one telling, the fake electors scheme originated from a senator.

According to Mitchell, Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, came up with the idea to submit alternate electors to cast their ballots for the former president instead of Biden.

“It was actually Mike Lee’s idea,” she told investigators.

Lee has said he was eager to fight alongside Trump, but backed off when evidence of a stolen election did not appear. Lee ultimately voted to certify the election for Biden.

© 2022 The New York Times Company

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jan-6-transcripts-reveal-disagreements-151345971.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
drip Drip DRIP.. We all knew the truth would come out.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I wish we could bring back public gallows for all these trump losers. Each of them deserves their neck stretched.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I wish we could bring back public gallows for all these trump losers. Each of them deserves their neck stretched.

A slap on the wrist isn’t even likely.

No…”we want Hunter Biden and the big guy”.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

A slap on the wrist isn’t even likely.

No…”we want Hunter Biden and the big guy”.

I'm all for nailing Hunter Biden if they can prove he did what he's accused of. Same with Joe. It's only fair.

Maybe they can get John Durham on the case. I mean a two year investigation, 6.5 million dollars and one conviction that resulted in no jail time. Sounds like what they should do.. LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Other Ray Epps Stories

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...mittee-crazy-conspiracy-theori-rcna63615

Apparently far right conspiracy folks tried to use this as some sort of way to defend Trumps actions. Kinda backfired when Epps stated he didn't work for any government agency. Apparently, nobody can prove otherwise.

Why does it matter, Epps merely went along with the rioters. Doesn't change anything,, Trump and his minions still started it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Pence subpoenaed by Special Prosecutor overseeing Trump cases. Rut-ro! lmao

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
They still don't care.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
You bring up "chump change" issues- Trump business CHEATED taxpayers out of hundreds of millions- was it 24 or 36 real convictions in NY against his businesses- no the Donald- just HIS businesses.

God willing- Smith- charges and convicts his butt. Half the US would go in streets dancing with joy- 30%, the law and order bunch would take out the AR-15s and maybe shot some liberals and then say God made them do it.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
So that makes Hannity a liar. A liar on a Mainstream news network. Misleading millions of viewers. And the Goper standard punishment for that would be to step down or retire. Or be fired. Isn’t that correct GOP? Or does it only apply to a libtard?

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

if that's the case... he should go to jail

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
For lying on television?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Fox News stars and executives privately trashed Trump’s election fraud claims, court document reveals

New York CNN —

The most prominent stars and highest-ranking executives at Fox News privately ridiculed claims of election fraud in the 2020 election, despite the right-wing channel allowing lies about the presidential contest to be promoted on its air, damning messages contained in a Thursday court filing revealed.

The messages, included in a legal filing as part of Dominion Voting System’s $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox News, showed that Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham brutally mocked lies being pushed by former President Donald Trump’s camp asserting that the election was rigged.

In one set of messages revealed in the court filing, Carlson texted Ingraham, saying that Sidney Powell, an attorney who was representing the Trump campaign, was “lying” and that he had “caught her” doing so. Ingraham responded, “Sidney is a complete nut. No one will work with her. Ditto with Rudy [Giuliani].”

The messages also revealed that Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of Fox Corporation, did not believe Trump’s election lies and even floated the idea of having Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham appear together in prime time to declare Joe Biden as the rightful winner of the election.

Such an act, Murdoch said, “Would go a long way to stop the Trump myth that the election stolen.”

The court document offered the most vivid picture to date of the chaos that transpired behind the scenes at Fox News after Trump lost the election and viewers rebelled against the right-wing channel for accurately calling the contest in Biden’s favor.

Dominion filed its mammoth lawsuit against Fox News in March 2021, alleging that during the 2020 presidential election the talk network “recklessly disregarded the truth” and pushed various pro-Donald Trump conspiracy theories about the election technology company because “the lies were good for Fox’s business.”

Fox News has not only vigorously denied Dominion’s claims, it has insisted it is “proud” of its 2020 election coverage.

In a statement Thursday night, Fox News argued that the court filing contained cherry-picked quotes lacking context.

“There will be a lot of noise and confusion generated by Dominion and their opportunistic private equity owners, but the core of this case remains about freedom of the press and freedom of speech, which are fundamental rights afforded by the Constitution and protected by New York Times v. Sullivan,” the network said.

But the court document provided a mountain of evidence exposing Fox News as a right-wing talk channel void of the most basic journalistic ethics.

The legal filing also underscored how worried Fox News executives and hosts were in the immediate aftermath of the election of losing its viewership to Newsmax, a smaller right-wing talk channel that was saturating its airwaves with election denialism.

After the election, a furious Trump attacked Fox News and encouraged his followers to switch to Newsmax. And, in the days and weeks after the presidential contest had been called, they did just that. Fox News shed a chunk of its audience while Newsmax gained significant viewership.

In multiple instances, Fox News executives and hosts expressed worry over the matter and started to crack down on those at the network who fact-checked election lies. In one case, after White House correspondent Jacqui Heinrich fact-checked a Trump tweet pushing election fraud, Carlson said he wanted her fired.

In multiple instances, Fox News executives and hosts expressed worry over the matter and started to crack down on those at the network who fact-checked election lies — even as the messages show that Fox News’ chief political anchor, Bret Baier, pushed for such fact checks. In one case, after White House correspondent Jacqui Heinrich fact-checked a Trump tweet pushing election fraud, Carlson said he wanted her fired.

“Please get her fired,” Carlson told Hannity over text message. “Seriously … what the f**k? I’m actually shocked … It needs to stop immediately, like tonight. It’s measurably hurting the company.”

Hannity replied that he had already spoken to Suzanne Scott, the network’s chief executive. The next morning, Heinrich’s tweet had been deleted.

A person with direct knowledge of the matter told CNN that Heinrich was blindsided reading the details in the legal filing and was not aware of the efforts by top hosts behind the scenes to get her fired.

In another case, when host Neil Cavuto cut away from a White House press briefing where election misinformation was being promoted, senior Fox News leadership were told such a move presented a “brand threat.”

Scott exchanged messages with Lachlan Murdoch, the Fox Corporation chief executive, and outlined a plan to win viewers back. Scott said the right-wing talk channel would “highlight our stars and plant flags letting the viewers know we hear them and respect them.” Murdoch responded that the brand needed “rebuilding without any missteps.”

Soon after, Fox News debuted a new “standing up for what’s right” marketing campaign featuring the network’s top stars.

Despite what appeared on air, Fox News executives and hosts privately criticized the Trump camp for pushing claims of election fraud, the messages showed. Hannity even said Giuliani was “acting like an insane person” and Ingraham described him as “an idiot.” Rupert Murdoch said it was “really bad” that Giuliani was advising Trump.

The court filing also revealed that Fox News executives had criticized some of the network’s top talent behind the scenes. Jay Wallace, the network president, said that “the North Koreans” did a “more nuanced show” than then-host Lou Dobbs. Jerry Andrews, the executive producer of “Justice with Judge Jeanine,” referred to host Jeanine Pirro as “nuts.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/16/medi...7bB6ZLKYs2YBgGMQsCFpxjs2_7Hw9VFEadsGLIGM

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Former FBI agent arrested on Jan. 6 charges

Washington — The Justice Department charged a former FBI agent with illegally entering the Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021 attack and three other misdemeanor counts after he allegedly called law enforcement guarding the building "Nazis" and urged the mob outside to "kill 'em," court documents unsealed Tuesday revealed.

Jared Wise, who was arrested in Oregon on Monday, worked for the FBI from 2004-2017, rising through the ranks to supervisory special agent at the time of his departure from the bureau. The FBI did not comment on Wise's arrest beyond referring to public court records.

Investigators say Wise entered the Capitol through a Senate wing door and remained inside for approximately 9 minutes, allegedly raising his hands in "triumph," according to prosecutors, before exiting the building through a Senate window.

Once outside, court records allege Wise remained around the Capitol and, later in the afternoon on Jan. 6, berated police.

"I'm former law enforcement," Wise yelled, according to bodycam video described in the charging documents. "You're disgusting. You are the Nazi. You are the Gestapo."

Prosecutors say Wise then observed members of the mob violently attack law enforcement and urged them on, allegedly shouting, "Kill 'em! Kill 'em! Kill 'em!"

Wise's attorney did not respond to CBS News' request for comment.

In November, investigators traveled to New Braunfels, Texas, in search of Wise and ultimately interviewed the manager of a building where he once lived. The building manager identified Wise and told investigators Wise had left an Oregon forwarding address, court documents reveal.

Wise is scheduled to appear in Washington, D.C., federal court for an initial appearance next week.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-fbi-agent-arrested-on-jan-6-charges/

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No doubt, some in Law Enforcement are MAGA types. The question is, did the FBI sanction his actions? That's the same question the MAGA heads have about Ray Epps..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
That entire Ray Epps BS has been proven to be just that. Just another unfounded conspiracy theory.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Looks fake to me.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's the FBI agent part that's fake. Not the "he's an idiot" part.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That entire Ray Epps BS has been proven to be just that. Just another unfounded conspiracy theory.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
https://apnews.com/article/jan-6-en...y-trial-f8738f17552cda21eef6d89504da2a0e

Ex-Proud Boys leader Tarrio guilty of Jan. 6 sedition plot
By MICHAEL KUNZELMAN, LINDSAY WHITEHURST and ALANNA DURKIN RICHER
18 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio and three other members of the far-right extremist group were convicted Thursday of a plot to attack the U.S. Capitol in a desperate bid to keep Donald Trump in power after the Republican lost the 2020 presidential election.

A jury in Washington, D.C., found Tarrio guilty of seditious conspiracy after hearing from dozens of witnesses over more than three months in one of the most serious cases brought in the stunning attack that unfolded on Jan. 6, 2021, as the world watched on live TV.

RELATED COVERAGE
– Proud Boys leader was government informant, records show
– EXPLAINER: The seditious conspiracy charges in Jan. 6 trial
– Proud Boys Jan. 6 trial in hands of jury weighing conspiracy
– Prosecutor: Proud Boys viewed themselves as 'Trump's army'
Tarrio was also convicted of obstructing Congress’ certification of President Joe Biden’s electoral victory and obstructing law enforcement as well as two other conspiracy charges. He was cleared of an assault charge stemming from a co-defendant who stole an officer’s riot shield.

It’s a significant milestone for the Justice Department, which has now secured seditious conspiracy convictions against the leaders of two major extremist groups prosecutors say were intent on keeping Biden out of the White House at all costs. The charge carries a prison sentence of up to 20 years.

Tarrio, behind bars since his March 2022 arrest, didn’t appear to show any emotion as the verdict was read. He hugged one of his lawyers and shook the hand of the other before leaving the courtroom. A few of the people sitting among the defendants’ relatives wiped away tears as the verdict was read.

An attorney for Tarrio declined to comment Thursday.

Tarrio was a top target of what has become the largest Justice Department investigation in American history. He led the neo-fascist group — known for street fights with left-wing activists — when Trump infamously told the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by” during his first debate with Biden.

Tarrio wasn’t in Washington on Jan. 6, because he had been arrested two days earlier in a separate case and ordered out of the capital city. But prosecutors said he organized and directed the attack by Proud Boys who stormed the Capitol that day.

In addition to Tarrio, a Miami resident, three other Proud Boys were convicted of seditious conspiracy: Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl.

Jurors have not yet reached a unanimous verdict on the sedition charge for fifth defendant: Dominic Pezzola. The judge told them to keep deliberating.

Nordean, of Auburn, Washington, was a Proud Boys chapter leader. Rehl led a group chapter in Philadelphia. Biggs, of Ormond Beach, Florida, was a self-described Proud Boys organizer. Pezzola was a group member from Rochester, New York.

Prosecutors told jurors the group viewed itself as “Trump’s army” and was prepared for “all-out war” to stop Biden from becoming president.

The Proud Boys were “lined up behind Donald Trump and willing to commit violence on his behalf,” prosecutor Conor Mulroe said in his closing argument.

The backbone of the government’s case was hundreds of messages exchanged by Proud Boys in the days leading up to Jan. 6 that show the far-right extremist group peddling Trump’s false claims of a stolen election and trading fears over what would happen when Biden took office.

As Proud Boys swarmed the Capitol, Tarrio cheered them on from afar, writing on social media: “Do what must be done.” In a Proud Boys encrypted group chat later that day someone asked what they should do next. Tarrio responded: “Do it again.”

“Make no mistake,” Tarrio wrote in another message. “We did this.”

Defense lawyers denied there was any plot to attack the Capitol or stop Congress’ certification of Biden’s win. A lawyer for Tarrio sought to push the blame onto Trump, arguing the former president incited the pro-Trump mob’s attack when he urged the crowd near the White House to “fight like hell.”

“It was Donald Trump’s words. It was his motivation. It was his anger that caused what occurred on January 6th in your beautiful and amazing city,” attorney Nayib Hassan said in his final appeal to jurors. “It was not Enrique Tarrio. They want to use Enrique Tarrio as a scapegoat for Donald J. Trump and those in power.”

The Justice Department hadn’t tried a seditious conspiracy case in a decade before a jury convicted another extremist group leader, Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, of the Civil War-era charge last year.

Over the course of two Oath Keepers trials, Rhodes and five other members were convicted of seditious conspiracy for what prosecutors said was a separate plot to forcibly halt the transfer of presidential power from Trump to Biden. Three defendants were acquitted of the sedition charge, but convicted of obstructing Congress’ certification of Biden’s electoral victory.

The Justice Department has yet to disclose how much prison time it will seek when the Oath Keepers are sentenced next month.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I see you have nothing to show he was an actual FBI informant. Typical.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Over 1000 people have been charged with crimes for January 6th... but not the guy caught on camera numerous times urging people to breach the capital building.

What's your hypothesis for how this could possibly be true? Just curious...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Did he enter the building? Did he do any damage in the building? Did he assault any police officers? Asking me questions isn't you providing any evidence confirming he was affiliated with the FBI. You do understand that, right?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Just curious...........did you expect a truthful answer?

P
Legend
Legend
P
He got one. But neither you or him like it. Neither of you can site any crime Ray Epps committed. As per usual you have nothing of substance to refute that yet wish to act like it's someone else that is at fault.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Just curious...........did you expect a truthful answer?

Pit got it right, stop your trolling. All you come in here for is to stir fights. Then when it gets heated, you get scarce. It’s a bullying thing I guess. But if you just want to fight, I’m your huckleberry. I have ZERO issue setting you straight and bringing facts and receipts.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/04/23 12:36 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
He got one. But neither you or him like it. Neither of you can site any crime Ray Epps committed. As per usual you have nothing of substance to refute that yet wish to act like it's someone else that is at fault.

They struggle differentiating feels from facts bro. It’s part of their TDS.

V
Legend
Legend
V
What a big, scary man you are behind your keyboard.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

They struggle differentiating feels from facts bro. It’s part of their TDS.

Listen to this guy lmao. Feelings!! rofl

Legend
Legend
He's a troll. He comes out of the closet once in a while to "spit truth".

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not really. They both know better when they post it. If they don't their issues run much deeper than even I could have imagined. One would think any rational person knows by now Ray Epps wasn't affiliated with the FBI. One would know that Ray Epps didn't actually commit any criminal acts to be prosecuted for. It's all just a continuation of white noise. Fate and Vers are both smart enough to know this.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So the dude inciting violence, leading the charge to the capital, trying his hardest to get people to break in -- no charges necessary? He didn't "hurt" anyone or anything??

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p6

Link Copied to Clipboard