Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
He's a troll. He comes out of the closet once in a while to "spit truth".

Do you mean like the trolling you're doing now? And how odd it is you have no answer to show what crime Epps should be charged with while attacking the person who has shown you that. Yeah, that's exactly what a troll does.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Over 1000 people have been charged with crimes for January 6th... but not the guy caught on camera numerous times urging people to breach the capital building.

What's your hypothesis for how this could possibly be true? Just curious...

Fate - what do you think others have been charged with and that Epps has been proven to be guilty of but not charged?

I see video of Epps outside the capitol building - nothing inside the building. I see articles quoting Mr Samuels who, instead of instructing or antagonizing him before he confrontedsays Epps told him to "relax, the police are just doing their job".

I see lot's of conspiracy theories about Epps - but no actual, you know, proof of anything. As for not being charged ... what do you want him charged with?

It's sort of a double edged sword with the Far Right conspiracy theorists that want it both ways - they want to say that the protest was peaceful, we have Republican's stating it was 'just like a normal tourist visit' .... but then when it comes to Epps he is allegedly inciting violence and instigating. How is that possible ? How can you incite a peaceful protest?

Anyway to the best of my knowledge people charged with crimes to date were INSIDE the building, or physically assaulting officers. Epps did neither - but you want to use him to promote what? You'll have to spell it out.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So the dude inciting violence, leading the charge to the capital

Leading the charge? Where has that been shown to be true? In case you missed it, that's the exact defense the Proud Boys used when naming trump for telling them to march to the capital and "fight like hell". yet he hasn't been charged either.

trying his hardest to get people to break in -- no charges necessary? He didn't "hurt" anyone or anything??

You mean exactly like the people speaking at the rally who sent those people there in the first place who weren't charged with a crime? Let me guess, you're using the "he told me to jump off the cliff so I did" reasoning?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Over 1000 people have been charged with crimes for January 6th... but not the guy caught on camera numerous times urging people to breach the capital building.

What's your hypothesis for how this could possibly be true? Just curious...

Fate - what do you think others have been charged with and that Epps has been proven to be guilty of but not charged?

I see video of Epps outside the capitol building - nothing inside the building. I see articles quoting Mr Samuels who, instead of instructing or antagonizing him before he confrontedsays Epps told him to "relax, the police are just doing their job".

I see lot's of conspiracy theories about Epps - but no actual, you know, proof of anything. As for not being charged ... what do you want him charged with?

It's sort of a double edged sword with the Far Right conspiracy theorists that want it both ways - they want to say that the protest was peaceful, we have Republican's stating it was 'just like a normal tourist visit' .... but then when it comes to Epps he is allegedly inciting violence and instigating. How is that possible ? How can you incite a peaceful protest?

Anyway to the best of my knowledge people charged with crimes to date were INSIDE the building, or physically assaulting officers. Epps did neither - but you want to use him to promote what? You'll have to spell it out.

First, just so we're being fair (you usually show a semblance poke), it's pretty lame to paint a picture of hypocrisy when you just lump a bunch of internet comments together to represent a swath of people.

You're probably right. All of you. He didn't go into the building, cause any physical harm or damage anything.

It's hard to prove "inciting violence", but one would think with the thousands and thousands of charges, he would catch some. Especially given the fact that he was doing exactly what we were trying to prove Trump guilty of.

For the record, I wasn't trying to say he was FBI. I was responding to Pit's "100% conspiracy theory" (I know that's not the exact quote).

Of all the J6 stories and coverage, "Ray Epps" has always been the strangest to me. Probably just me.

Carry on.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Not sure I follow the lumping a bunch of people together comment. There are a bunch of Right Wing conspiracies that revolve around Epps being an FBI agent. Trump has repeated/suggested it. Grouping the Alt Right is "legit" - just like grouping or labeling the equal and opposite fringe on the Left would be / is. There's crazies across the spectrum. I've never said anything less.

Maybe in your comments regarding Epps and Pit in his replies - it might have been worth clarifying exactly what you were both referring to. I for one would think only of the claims that he was an FBI plant. To me reading about how he's never been charged is like hearing "he's never been charged because he was an FBI plant" .... maybe a poor assumption on my part. But in my post I think I asked for clarity and avoided assumptions (while also lumping a bunch of internet comments to represent a swath of people laugh )

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
As you can see in the video and what never seems to get mentioned, is that Epps actively tried to get people not to commit violence (look at the 8:06 time stamp of the video) on January 6th. I understand however that people can't present or know facts that have never been presented to them.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have no opinion on Epps. I haven't followed the January 6th event at all. I saw it for what it was while the very same people who preached that the aftermath of the Floyd murder were almost all peaceful protests. People in the real world know better. Thus, I can't say a word about Epps. I was just asking you a question if you expected a truthful answer out of Pit? He's not interested in the truth. He's interested in winning arguments that he mostly starts.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Lmao@u. Just can’t take a thing you say serious anymore.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
What about my answer wasn't truthful? You must have missed part of Fate's reply....

You're probably right. All of you. He didn't go into the building, cause any physical harm or damage anything.

It sounds as if you're the only one that feels my answer wasn't honest. But we know what you're actually here for and you don't hide it well.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird
Are people really pro-insurrection?? I think those who participated in the insurrection should be prosecuted... I think this whole Jan 6 committee crap is a complete farce... I think if the DOJ can charge Trump with a crime related to the jan 6 insurrection they should and he should be tried in front of an actual court of law... but are there people that are actually pro-insurrection besides extremists?

How in the world can you say those that participated in the insurrection should be prosecuted but the Jan 6 committee was a farce?

How do you expect to find those responsible if you don't investigate? The J6 committee was a Bi-partisan group of folks. More were asked to join, but McCarthy refused.. Then cut those that did out of the process..

So what it comes down to is Republicans don't want anything they do investigated. If it is, then they call it a Farce.

Trumps words and actions are out there for the world to see and hear. There is no denying he's at the root of the insurrection.. NO doubt. Same with Eastman, McCarthy, Meadows, Guiliani, Thomas (ginni), Powell (sidney), Lindell (pillow guy) and a few others in the Trump Admin.

In the end, the work this "Farce" committee as you call it, did, laid the ground work to a DOJ investigation into the events of J6.

The committee was only a farce to those that want to hide the facts.

As for are there really those that are actually pro insurrection, YES.. and the loudest are elected officials in Congress... Would you like their names?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: WooferDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Man living in Uniontown gets 14 years in Jan. 6 riot, longest sentence imposed yet

May 5, 2023 / 6:17 PM / CBS/AP

(KDKA/AP) -- A man who was living in Uniontown was sentenced Friday to a record-setting 14 years in prison for attacking police officers with pepper spray as he stormed the U.S. Capitol with his wife.

Peter Schwartz's prison sentence is the longest so far among hundreds of Capitol riot cases. The judge who sentenced Schwartz also handed down the previous longest sentence — 10 years — to a retired New York Police Department officer who assaulted a police officer outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Prosecutors had recommended a prison sentence of 24 years and 6 months for Schwartz.

U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta sentenced Schwartz to 14 years and two months in prison, followed by three years of supervised release.

Schwartz was working as a welder in Uniontown before his arrest in February 2021, but he considers his home to be in Owensboro, Kentucky, according to his attorneys.

Mehta said Schwartz was a "soldier against democracy" who participated in "the kind of mayhem, chaos that had never been seen in the country's history."

"You are not a political prisoner," the judge told him. "You're not somebody who is standing up against injustice or fighting against an autocratic regime."

Schwartz briefly addressed the judge before learning his sentence, saying, "I do sincerely regret the damage that Jan. 6 has caused to so many people and their lives."

The judge said he didn't believe Schwartz's statement, noting his lack of remorse.

"You took it upon yourself to try and injure multiple police officers that day," Mehta said.

Schwartz was armed with a wooden tire knocker when he and his then-wife, Shelly Stallings, joined other rioters in overwhelming a line of police officers on the Capitol's Lower West Terrace, where he threw a folding chair at officers.

"By throwing that chair, Schwartz directly contributed to the fall of the police line that enabled rioters to flood forward and take over the entire terrace," prosecutor Jocelyn Bond wrote in a court filing.

Schwartz, 49, also armed himself with a police-issued "super soaker" canister of pepper spray and sprayed it at retreating officers. Advancing to a tunnel entrance, Schwartz coordinated with two other rioters, Markus Maly and Jeffrey Brown, to spray an orange liquid toward officers clashing with the mob.

"While the stream of liquid did not directly hit any officer, its effect was to heighten the danger to the officers in that tunnel," Bond wrote.

Before leaving, Schwartz joined a "heave ho" push against police in the tunnel.

Stallings pleaded guilty last year to riot-related charges and was sentenced last month to two years of incarceration.

Schwartz was tried with co-defendants Maly and Brown. In December, a jury convicted all three of assault charges and other felony offenses.

Mehta sentenced Brown last Friday to four years and six months in prison. Maly is scheduled to be sentenced June 9.

Schwartz's attorneys requested a prison sentence of four years and six months. They said his actions on Jan. 6 were motivated by a "misunderstanding" about the 2020 presidential election. Then-President Donald Trump and his allies spread baseless conspiracy theories that Democrats stole the election from the Republican incumbent.

"There remain many grifters out there who remain free to continue propagating the 'great lie' that Trump won the election, Donald Trump being among the most prominent. Mr. Schwartz is not one of these individuals; he knows he was wrong," his defense lawyers wrote.

Prosecutors said Schwartz has bragged about his participation in the riot, shown no remorse and claimed that his prosecution was politically motivated. He referred to the Capitol attack as the "opening of a war" in a Facebook post a day after the riot.

"I was there and whether people will acknowledge it or not we are now at war," Schwartz wrote.

Schwartz has raised over $71,000 from an online campaign entitled "Patriot Pete Political Prisoner in DC." Prosecutors asked Mehta to order Schwartz to pay a fine equaling the amount raised by his campaign, arguing that he shouldn't profit from participating in the riot.

Schwartz was on probation when he joined the Jan. 6 riot. His criminal record includes a "jaw-dropping" 38 prior convictions since 1991, "several of which involved assaulting or threatening officers or other authority figures," Bond wrote.

More than 100 police officers were injured during the riot. More than 1,000 people have been charged with federal crimes related to Jan. 6. Nearly 500 of them have been sentenced, with over half getting terms of imprisonment.

The 10-year prison sentence that Mehta handed down in September to retired NYPD officer Thomas Webster had remained the longest until Friday. Webster had used a metal flagpole to assault an officer and then tackled the same officer as the mob advanced toward the Capitol.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/uniontown-man-sentenced-14-years-jan-6-riot/

For those of you still trying to downplay the severity of January 6th, may the Schwartz be with you.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
You can tell just from his posts that the time is coming soon

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...hes-tirade-on-special-counsel-jack-smith

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oath Keepers founder sentenced to 18 years in Jan. 6 seditious conspiracy case

WASHINGTON — The founder of the far-right Oath Keepers has been sentenced to 18 years in federal prison in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol following his conviction on seditious conspiracy.

The sentence for Stewart Rhodes is the longest imposed on a Jan. 6 defendant to date. “You, sir, present an ongoing threat and a peril to this country and to the republic and to the very fabric of this democracy," Judge Amit Mehta said before handing down the sentence.

Rhodes was convicted of seditious conspiracy in November along with Kelly Meggs, a fellow Oath Keepers member who will be sentenced later Thursday afternoon.

"They won't fear us until we come with rifles in hand," Rhodes wrote in a message ahead of the Jan. 6 attack. After the attack, in a recording that was played in court during his trial, he said his only regret was that they “should have brought rifles.”

Rhodes and Meggs were put on trial alongside Jessica Watkins, Kenneth Harrelson and Thomas Caldwell, fellow Oath Keepers who were convicted of obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting, but not seditious conspiracy. Watkins and Harrelson will be sentenced on Friday.

Rhodes took the stand in his case, saying that the other members of the Oath Keepers were "stupid" to storm the Capitol and that he disagreed with those who went inside; Rhodes did not enter the building. “I had no idea that any Oath Keeper was even thinking about going inside or would go inside,” Rhodes said.

But the government also produced messages in which Rhodes said he thought that Jan. 6 was the last opportunity to stop what he saw as a takeover of the government.

"On the 6th, they are going to put the final nail in the coffin of this Republic, unless we fight our way out. With Trump (preferably) or without him, we have no choice," Rhodes wrote in a message ahead of Jan. 6.

He also celebrated Oath Keepers' actions in the immediate aftermath of the attack, after meeting with other members of the group at an Olive Garden in Virginia that night.

“Patriots, it was a long day but a day when patriots began to stand," Rhodes wrote the night of Jan. 6. "Stand now or kneel forever. Honor your oaths. Remember your legacy."
Ryan J. Reilly

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...jan-6-seditious-conspiracy-cas-rcna85852

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Remember your legacy.

His mugshot will help us all remember his.

[Linked Image]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Can't wait to see how long "Oath Keepers" leader get....a decade should do the job. Then, I hope we get the big fish, Trump, he needs to go to prison for decade or so too....on treason or classified material or any number of other crimes he has committed. How any sane person can consider him as a LEADER of US is beyond me.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
Former Oath Keeper sentenced for role in Jan. 6 Capitol attack

Army veteran Jessica Watkins was given more than eight years in prison.

A former leading member of the far-right Oath Keepers militia group was sentenced Friday to eight years and six months in prison for her role in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Jessica Watkins led a small group into the Capitol building, but prosecutors said her actions enabled many more to ultimately disrupt the certification of Joe Biden's 2020 election victory.

Struggling to express her remorse through her tears, Watkins apologized before the court.

"My actions and behaviors on that fateful day were wrong and -- as I now understand -- criminal," she said.

Watkins' sentencing follows two lengthy prison terms handed down this week to Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes and one of his chief lieutenants, Kelly Meggs. Rhodes on Thursday received the longest sentence of any Jan. 6 defendant to date at 18 years, while Meggs was sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Last November, Watkins was found guilty of conspiring to obstruct the certification of the 2020 election and actual obstruction of that proceeding. Unlike Rhodes and Meggs, she was acquitted on the more serious charge of seditious conspiracy against the United States.

Once inside the Capitol, Watkins jammed herself in a hallway packed with rioters heading toward the Senate chamber.

Police officers were at the opposite end of the hallway, pressing back against the mob. Officer Christopher Owens tearfully spoke to the court this week about the physical and emotional trauma he and other officers experienced.

"She used her body in that hallway," federal prosecutor Alexandra Hughes told the court Friday. "She bears responsibility for the mental anguish and physical wounds of officers like Christopher Owens."

Watkins founded a separate militia group in Ohio before joining with the Oath Keepers. A veteran and former medic, Watkins said she left the military after experiencing harassment over her gender transition.

"Your story and what you have endured … shows a great deal of courage, resilience, and you've overcome a lot," federal judge Amit Mehta said before handing down her sentence.

"But all that doesn't wipe out what happened that day," Mehta said. "It doesn't wipe out what you did that day."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/for...RrUFWHWJmurhonpCO7TCxE1kJuNTLJKh8Ox7_e_4

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Kelly Meggs was sentenced to 12 years.

Court Sentences Two Oath Keepers Leaders on Seditious Conspiracy and Other Charges Related to U.S. Capitol Breach

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/cour...-conspiracy-and-other-charges-related-us

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Justice being served I suppose. They should put all these MAGA coup types on a domestic terrorism watch list and make them report to law enforcement (like paroled convicts) on a regular basis. The are the fangs of the MAGA snake.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Kelly Meggs was sentenced to 12 years.

Court Sentences Two Oath Keepers Leaders on Seditious Conspiracy and Other Charges Related to U.S. Capitol Breach

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/cour...-conspiracy-and-other-charges-related-us

12 years for a visit just like any other tourist visit while being escorted by police officers who opened doors for them. It can't be.

* Edit - I mean forget the media spin on either side. Just look at the prosecutions and convictions and let that guide you as to what happened that day.... unless the judicial system is also part of the DeEp St@T.ate.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/30/23 07:28 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And let's not forget the jury members in over 1000 cases. After having what breaking those laws mean and what a person has to have done to have broken those laws, being shown all of the evidence, they have all been crooked and hate the other side of the political aisle so much that they find all those poor innocent people guilty. But fear not, Trump or DeSantis will be along shortly to pardon them. Because you know, they're political prisoners and all. Murica!

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I'm elated these "innocent tourists" are spending significant time behind bars. It should help to prevent similar acts in future. Now if we can get the big dog, Trump- convicted and sentenced to jail- our democracy would truly be safer- money and entitlement- NO ONE is above the law--- God willing it will get done by Smith.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
Woman who threatened Nancy Pelosi with hanging during Capitol riot gets over 2 years in prison

A Pennsylvania restaurant owner who screamed death threats directed at then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi while storming the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Tuesday to more than two years in prison.

Pauline Bauer was near Pelosi’s office suite on Jan. 6, 2021, when she yelled at police officers to bring out the California Democrat so the mob of Donald Trump supporters could hang her.

In January, U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden convicted Bauer of riot-related charges after hearing trial testimony without a jury. The judge sentenced her to two years and three months of imprisonment, giving her credit for the several months she already has served in jail, court records show.

Prosecutors had recommended a prison sentence of six years and six months for Bauer, 55, of Kane, Pennsylvania.

Bauer was part of the mob that forced police officers on the East Plaza to retreat. After forcing her way into the Capitol, she accosted officers who were trying to secure the Rotunda, shoving one of them, and yelled at police to “bring them out or we’re coming in,” according to federal prosecutors.

“They’re criminals. They need to hang,” she screamed. “Bring Nancy Pelosi out here now. We want to hang (her). Bring her out.”

Other rioters shouted threats against Pelosi while they roamed through the Capitol.

“Bauer’s threat to hang Speaker Pelosi was real, imminent, and placed the Speaker of the House in danger,” prosecutor James Peterson wrote in a court filing.

Bauer traveled from her north Pennsylvania home to attend then-President Donald Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally in Washington on Jan. 6. She had attended a “Stop the Steal” rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, a day earlier.

She came to Washington with at least five other people who have been charged in the Capitol riot, including co-defendant William Blauser, who pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge. Last year, McFadden ordered Blauser to pay a $500 fine but didn’t sentence him to any term of incarceration or probation.

A Pennsylvania restaurant owner who screamed death threats directed at then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi while storming the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Tuesday to more than two years in prison.

Pauline Bauer was near Pelosi’s office suite on Jan. 6, 2021, when she yelled at police officers to bring out the California Democrat so the mob of Donald Trump supporters could hang her.

In January, U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden convicted Bauer of riot-related charges after hearing trial testimony without a jury. The judge sentenced her to two years and three months of imprisonment, giving her credit for the several months she already has served in jail, court records show.

Prosecutors had recommended a prison sentence of six years and six months for Bauer, 55, of Kane, Pennsylvania.

Bauer was part of the mob that forced police officers on the East Plaza to retreat. After forcing her way into the Capitol, she accosted officers who were trying to secure the Rotunda, shoving one of them, and yelled at police to “bring them out or we’re coming in,” according to federal prosecutors.

“They’re criminals. They need to hang,” she screamed. “Bring Nancy Pelosi out here now. We want to hang (her). Bring her out.”

Other rioters shouted threats against Pelosi while they roamed through the Capitol.

“Bauer’s threat to hang Speaker Pelosi was real, imminent, and placed the Speaker of the House in danger,” prosecutor James Peterson wrote in a court filing.

Bauer traveled from her north Pennsylvania home to attend then-President Donald Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally in Washington on Jan. 6. She had attended a “Stop the Steal” rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, a day earlier.

She came to Washington with at least five other people who have been charged in the Capitol riot, including co-defendant William Blauser, who pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge. Last year, McFadden ordered Blauser to pay a $500 fine but didn’t sentence him to any term of incarceration or probation.

McFadden convicted Bauer of all five counts in her indictment, including a felony charge that she obstructed the Jan. 6 joint session of Congress that certified President Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.

Defense attorney Komron Jon Maknoon said Bauer never intended to interfere with the process of certifying the Electoral College vote. She “genuinely regrets her past actions” and doesn’t pose a threat to the public, her lawyer said.

“The international spotlight showcasing her at her worst has deeply affected her,” Maknoon wrote.

Prosecutors said Bauer lied during her trial testimony, giving a bogus explanation for her confrontation with police and claiming she didn’t remember threatening Pelosi.

Bauer has used “sovereign citizen” extremist rhetoric and filed “nonsense” court documents while defending herself, prosecutors said.

More than a year before the trial, McFadden ordered Bauer to be jailed for several months for violating conditions of her release. She had claimed the court has no authority over her and told the judge that she doesn’t want “any lawyering from the bench.”

During an interview in 2021, Bauer said her arrest on Capitol riot charges led to a mixed reaction from neighbors in Kane, a small town on the edge of the 517,000-acre Allegheny National Forest.

“A lot of people say that they’re proud of me for standing up for my rights,” she told The Associated Press.

Bauer said her restaurant, Bob’s Trading Post, was thriving before the COVID-19 pandemic. She became known in her hometown as an outspoken critic of lockdown measures that cost her business.

More than 1,000 people have been charged with federal crimes for their conduct on Jan. 6. More than 500 of them have been sentenced, with over half receiving terms of imprisonment ranging from one week to 18 years.

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-...mY9kYEfaOhyiT-1E0Tzzrp1ELdGqwowg8T-UOjNM

#normaltouristvisit #politicalprisoners

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oath Keepers member who sped to Capitol on a golf cart gets more than four years in prison

An Oath Keeper who acted as part of a security detail on January 6 for Roger Stone before rushing to join the riot at the Capitol was sentenced to more than four years in prison Thursday for seditious conspiracy.

Roberto Minuta, who prosecutors described as one of Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes’ “most trusted men,” was not initially at the Capitol but sped over in a golf cart when he learned of the breach, prosecutors said.

Once inside, he joined a crowd pushing against police and screamed, “This was bound to happen.”

Prosecutors showed jurors violent messages and videos of Minuta, including one where he screamed that “millions will die…get your f**king soul ready” while driving to Washington, DC for January 6.

“This isn’t about the words themselves,” Judge Amit Mehta said during the sentencing hearing Thursday. “You weren’t charged and convicted because of your words. It’s because your words reflected your state of mind. Your words reflected what you were thinking, and ultimately why you came to Washington.”

“I don’t think this idea that you sort of lost your way for a few hours that day is entirely accurate,” Mehta said.

In addition to the seditious conspiracy charges, Minuta was found guilty of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting, as well as conspiracy to prevent a member of Congress from discharging their official duties. He was acquitted of one charge of tampering with documents.

Before the sentence was handed down Thursday, Minuta told Mehta that he grew angry over Covid-19 restrictions in New York, and claimed he and his family were receiving “in person death threats by Anitfa.”

Minuta said he was “misled and naïve” about the purpose of the Oath Keepers, thinking its purpose was to protect people and businesses against leftist protesters, and that the “deranged leadership” of Rhodes “turned the organization into a political rah-rah disaster.”

“Had I known, I would never have put myself in a situation like that, especially for a president that I had genuine disdain for,” Minuta said, adding that he was “repulsed by Mr. Rhodes’ lack of remorse.”

Before handing down the 54-month sentence, Mehta said he recognized that Minuta’s efforts to keep his business open in light of Covid restrictions were an “act of civil disobedience,” but said that “the one line that can’t be crossed is to use violence about that very government.”

“Cloaking yourself in this tradition of the founders and violent uprising and believing that the Second Amendment allows individual citizens to gather up arms to battle their government? The law doesn’t permit that,” Mehta said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/01/poli...-zPs4qjoZG7hdyLn1gpoX--rcr8nDFW6YqYL2T_E

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"A Pennsylvania restaurant owner who screamed death threats directed at then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi while storming the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Tuesday to more than two years in prison."

I've gotta ask, exactly what the hell was this idiot thinking? She had to know that threatening a member of congress would land her in hot water... Right? She had to know...

These people that stormed the capitol on J6 were fools.... Fools following a fool...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
I have no idea what they were thinking. For myself - and my opinion - i think that some of them, the hardest core of the protesters, Trump's most faithful, the one's who believed everything they heard Trump and Trump's sycophant's spewed .... I think they thought they were there to save America. To save American values from communists who wanted to destroy everything that America stands for. I think they thought the election was stolen by mass voter fraud, that Trump won the election by a huge margin and that they were helping to restore justice. I think all of those thoughts were wrong, gullible and misguided ... but it's what I think drive people that if you'd met them 8 years before, you probably would have assumed they were nice, awesome people. I think social media, right wing media, Trump and Trump cronies - even influencers like Virginia Thomas - all brainwashed and helped lead to that. . . . Not a very revolutionary opinion, but feel free to disagree and convince me otherwise.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
"A Pennsylvania restaurant owner who screamed death threats directed at then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi while storming the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Tuesday to more than two years in prison."

I've gotta ask, exactly what the hell was this idiot thinking? She had to know that threatening a member of congress would land her in hot water... Right? She had to know...

These people that stormed the capitol on J6 were fools.... Fools following a fool...

And yet we’ll let these fools out in a year or two to follow the same fool that should be in jail with them. Only in Murica

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted by Damanshot

And yet we’ll let these fools out in a year or two to follow the same fool that should be in jail with them. Only in Murica

That is a sad truth. But my understanding of the sentences handed down is that they follow established sentencing guidelines. If thats the case, then maybe what we need is stiffer sentencing guidlines.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Does that really make any difference? Will giving those Proud Boys years and years for the crimes they committed make any difference if trump or desantis win the presidency? Both have stated they will probably pardon most or all of them. Once again it's not about justice. It's about Just Us. They call these criminals political prisoners and their minions believe it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888
I have no idea what they were thinking. For myself - and my opinion - i think that some of them, the hardest core of the protesters, Trump's most faithful, the one's who believed everything they heard Trump and Trump's sycophant's spewed .... I think they thought they were there to save America. To save American values from communists who wanted to destroy everything that America stands for. I think they thought the election was stolen by mass voter fraud, that Trump won the election by a huge margin and that they were helping to restore justice. I think all of those thoughts were wrong, gullible and misguided ... but it's what I think drive people that if you'd met them 8 years before, you probably would have assumed they were nice, awesome people. I think social media, right wing media, Trump and Trump cronies - even influencers like Virginia Thomas - all brainwashed and helped lead to that. . . . Not a very revolutionary opinion, but feel free to disagree and convince me otherwise.

I think they actually bought into all the BS including Trump being chosen by God… It’s a cult, and they acted like the Manson Family, following the words of dear leader. I would round up everyone who breached the building and hang them to the man, if I had my way. These sentences are more or less a slap on the wrist for most.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/02/23 07:38 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Four Additional Oath Keepers Sentenced for Seditious Conspiracy Related to U.S. Capitol Breach

Four members of the Oath Keepers were sentenced this week on seditious conspiracy and other charges for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Their actions and the actions of others disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.

Roberto Minuta, 39, of Prosper, Texas, was sentenced June 1 to 54 months in prison followed by 36 months of supervised release.

Edward Vallejo, 64, of Phoenix, Arizona, was sentenced on June 1 to 36 months in prison followed by 36 months of supervised release, including the first 12 months to be served on home confinement.

David Moerschel, 45, of Punta Gorda, Florida, was sentenced on June 2 to 36 months in prison followed by 36 months of supervised release.

Joseph Hackett, 53, of Sarasota, Florida, was sentenced on June 2 to 42 months in prison followed by 36 months of supervised release.

The four defendants were found guilty of seditious conspiracy, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of an official proceeding and conspiracy to prevent Members of Congress from discharging their official duties on Jan. 23, following a seven-week trial. Hackett was also found guilty of destruction of evidence.

According to the evidence, in the months leading up to Jan. 6, the defendants and their co-conspirators plotted to oppose by force the lawful transfer of presidential power, including by amassing an armed “quick reaction force” on the outskirts of the District of Columbia. Beginning in late December 2020, via encrypted and private communications applications, the defendants and various co-conspirators coordinated and planned to travel to Washington, D.C., on or around Jan. 6, 2021, the date of the certification of the electoral college vote. The defendants made plans to bring weapons to the area to support the operation. The co-conspirators then traveled across the country to the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area in early January 2021, with paramilitary gear and supplies including firearms, tactical vests with plates, helmets, and radio equipment.

The defendants conspired through a variety of manners and means, including: organizing into teams that were prepared and willing to use force and to transport firearms and ammunition into Washington, D.C.; recruiting members and affiliates to participate in the conspiracy; organizing trainings to teach and learn paramilitary combat tactics; bringing and contributing paramilitary gear, weapons, and supplies – including knives, camouflaged combat uniforms, tactical vests with plates, helmets, eye protection and radio equipment – to the Capitol grounds; breaching and attempting to take control of the Capitol grounds and building on Jan. 6, 2021, in an effort to prevent, hinder and delay the certification of the electoral college vote; using force against law enforcement officers while inside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021; continuing to plot, after Jan. 6, 2021, to oppose by force the lawful transfer of presidential power and using websites, social media, text messaging and encrypted messaging applications to communicate with co-conspirators and others.

The case is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Justice Department’s National Security and Criminal Divisions. Valuable assistance was provided by numerous U.S. Attorneys’ Offices across the country.

The case is being investigated by the FBI’s Washington Field Office, as well as the Metropolitan Police Department, with significant assistance provided by the FBI’s New York, Dallas, Tampa and Phoenix Field Offices. Valuable assistance was provided by the U.S. Capitol Police and the U.S. Secret Service.

In the 28 months since Jan. 6, 2021, more than 1,000 individuals have been arrested in nearly all 50 states for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol, including more than 320 individuals charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement. The investigation remains ongoing.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/four...ous-conspiracy-related-us-capitol-breach

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
3-5 years pffft. A hanging offense no doubt, if BLM organized a breach on the capitol killing policemen.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
P
Legend
Legend
P
A 'lifelong criminal' who told his wife — and a jury — that he had 'fun' on January 6 was sentenced to 6 years in prison for attacking cops

Markus Maly said he merely "occupied space" on Jan. 6 and denied attacking and pepper-spraying cops.

A prosecutor described Maly as a "lifelong criminal" with 33 prior convictions.

He was convicted of all 8 charges against him, including impeding police using a dangerous weapon.

A Virginia man who told his wife — and a federal jury — that he had "fun" at the Capitol riot was sentenced on Friday to six years in prison for attacking police as he stormed the building.

Markus Maly's prison sentence is significantly lower than the punishment prosecutors sought for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection. The Justice Department had recommended a prison sentence of 15 years and eight months for Maly, a flooring installer.

A prosecutor described Maly, 49, as a "lifelong criminal" with 33 prior convictions on his record, including two for battery of a law enforcement officer. But the judge who sentenced Maly noted that most of his crimes date back to his 20s.

Maly told US District Judge Amit Mehta that he regrets traveling to Washington and following the mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters to the Capitol. But he insisted that he merely "occupied space" in the crowd and denied attacking and pepper-spraying police.

"I went to a rally. That's what I did," he told the judge.

The judge said jurors had ample evidence to convict Maly of assaulting police.

"It's not that you were there and 'occupying space.' It's that you did these things and kept doing them that day," the judge told him.

Prosecutors say Maly is one of many Capitol rioters who have tried to profit from their notoriety, portraying themselves as patriots, martyrs, or political prisoners as they solicit donations from supporters. While prosecutors acknowledge that defendants have a right to raise money for legal defenses, they're increasingly asking judges to impose fines on top of prison terms to claw back donations used for personal expenses.

Maly has raised over $16,500 through a GiveSendGo donation page, referring to himself as a "January 6 P.O.W."

Prosecutors asked the judge to fine him an amount commensurate with his fundraising haul, noting that he had a public defender and didn't owe any legal fees.

The judge declined to impose a fine. He said Maly's fundraising activities may have been "unseemly," but he questioned whether there was a legal basis for clawing back the money.

Maly testified at his trial that participating in the Capitol riot was "fun" for him. He also described the events of Jan. 6 as "fun" and "awesome" in messages sent to his wife and others.

"Maly admitted to being proud of what he had done at the Capitol and that he had bragged about it," prosecutor Stephen Rancourt wrote in a court filing. "Despite seeing police officers assaulted, injured, and distressed on January 6, and knowing that it was a bad day for members of Congress and the police officers who had to live through the riot, Maly reiterated that his experience that day was 'fun.'"

The judge at Maly's trial previously handed down the longest sentence for a Capitol riot case: 18 years for Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, who was convicted of orchestrating a violent plot to keep Trump, a Republican, in the White House after he lost the 2020 presidential election to Joe Biden, a Democrat.

Maly has been jailed since a jury convicted him in December of all eight charges against him, including felony counts of civil disorder and assaulting, resisting, or impeding police using a dangerous weapon.

On the morning of Jan. 6, Maly took a bus from his home in Fincastle, Virginia, to Washington to attend Trump's "Stop the Steal" rally. He later joined the mob that attacked police on the Capitol's Lower West Terrace, one of the day's most violent clashes.

Maly sprayed a chemical, possibly pepper spray, at Metropolitan Police Department Officer Christopher Boyle as he and other officers retreated into a tunnel and guarded an entrance. Maly passed a spray canister from one rioter to another, joined a coordinated "heave ho" push against police, and left the tunnel with a stolen riot shield as a "trophy," Rancourt said.

Maly was charged and tried with co-defendants Peter Schwartz and Jeffrey Scott Brown. Schwartz passed the spray canister to Maly, who passed it to Brown. The jurors who convicted Maly also found Schwartz and Brown guilty of related charges.

The judge sentenced Schwartz last month to 14 years and two months in prison, the longest for a Jan. 6 case before Rhodes, and sentenced Brown in April to four years and six months in prison.

Prosecutors say Maly lied on the witness stand when he testified that he only showed a canister to Boyle but didn't spray the officer.

"Maly claimed that the stream of liquid coming out of the canister was actually a piece of fringe on his hat. However, his hat didn't have a fringe," Rancourt wrote.

Defense attorney Benjamin Schiffelbein said Maly believed that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Trump.

"He fervently believed that he was protesting in the name of liberty and freedom. His motives, however (factually) wrong they may have been, were based in values this country celebrates," Schiffelbein wrote. "What is more American than fervently defending democracy — even from one's own government — and perhaps especially then?"

More than 100 police officers were injured during the riot. More than 1,000 people have been charged with federal crimes related to Jan. 6. Over 500 of them have been sentenced, with more than half getting terms of imprisonment, according to an Associated Press review of court records.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mar...vtzOf6M0SnMLXV_SEsDrdJcmw4ZtZfyZG4nE6yOo

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trump only hires the best.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/...SzCSUqva8P8d4xzJ5to9zRTKiSawPwSBwMyurpmA

TRUMP INDICTMENT

Judge required Pence to answer most of special counsel’s questions, newly unsealed court docs show
“The bottom line is that conversations exhorting Pence to reject electors on January 6th are not protected,” D.C.’s federal district court’s chief judge wrote in April.

By KYLE CHENEY

06/09/2023 10:18 PM EDT

The figures pressuring Mike Pence to reject Joe Biden’s electoral votes on Jan. 6 were asking him to act “unlawfully,” the chief judge of Washington D.C.’s federal district court ruled in a secret April decision.

U.S. District Court Judge James Boasberg’s 19-page opinion — which the judge partially unsealed Friday at the urging of media organizations — cleared the way for special counsel Jack Smith’s prosecutors to question the former vice president about his conversations with a wide array of figures who leaned on him to reject Biden’s electors, possibly including Donald Trump.

See More
“The bottom line is that conversations exhorting Pence to reject electors on January 6th are not protected,” Boasberg wrote in the ruling, dated March 27, adding, “There is no dispute in this case that Pence lacked the authority to reject certified electoral votes.”

Pence appeared for that closed-door testimony on April 27 and answered questions for more than six hours. The substance of the questions and answers remain almost entirely shielded from public view but nevertheless marked a historic moment in Smith’s unprecedented criminal probe of Trump and his allies’ efforts to subvert the 2020 election.

Pence ‘deeply troubled’ over Trump indictment

Boasberg’s newly unsealed ruling reveals that he required Pence to answer nearly every category of questions prosecutors intended to pose, including about the pressure by those who asked him to simply throw out or refuse to count Biden’s electors.

Both Trump and Pence had fought to sharply restrict questions that Smith’s team could pose to the former vice president. Trump claimed his conversations with Pence were shielded by executive privilege — an argument Boasberg squarely rejected. Pence, however, took a different tack, arguing that he should be afforded the same immunity from DOJ questioning that members of Congress receive.

That immunity, afforded by the Constitution’s “speech or debate clause” is meant to shield lawmakers and congressional officials from compelled testimony to the Executive Branch. Pence emphasized that on Jan. 6, 2021, he was fulfilling his constitutional role as “president of the Senate,” presiding over both houses of Congress to count electoral votes. That role entitles him to congressional immunity, he contended.

Boasberg agreed with Pence — and his ruling is a first-of-its-kind finding that vice presidents should be treated as hybrid members of the Executive and Legislative, deriving protections from both, depending on the context. But he also noted that the ”speech or debate” clause has strict limits, and doesn’t protect efforts by outside actors to coax legislators to act “unlawfully.”

In his ruling, Boasberg said Pence was required to answer questions on virtually all topics proposed by Smith’s team with the exception of inquiries about his preparation and planning to perform the actual task of counting electors.

In the final frenzied weeks before Jan. 6, Trump leaned on Pence to single-handedly disrupt the transfer of power by refusing to count Joe Biden’s electors on Jan. 6, when Pence was tasked with presiding over Congress to count electoral votes and finalize the results. Trump called Pence on the morning of Jan. 6 and berated him for refusing to acquiesce, urging him to reconsider just minutes before Pence traveled to the Capitol.

Pence’s refusal shattered Trump’s last-ditch bid to cling to power and became fuel for an angry mob of Trump supporters that subsequently ransacked the Capitol that day.

Despite Smith’s clear win, Boasberg at times took the Justice Department to task for making sweeping arguments about the limits of the speech or debate clause, which he said were far too narrow.

In a redacted brief that Boasberg unsealed on Friday as well, DOJ attorney James Pearce argued that Pence shouldn’t enjoy protections from the speech or debate clause at all. In fact, Pearce’s position was at odds with one the Justice Department had taken repeatedly in recent years to fend off lawsuits against vice presidents and other congressional officers, a reversal Pearce acknowledged. He attributed the change to what he said was a lack of a thorough analysis in the previous cases.

Pence, in his own newly unsealed brief, argued that the speech or debate clause provided him expansive protections — which Boasberg ruled was far too broad of an interpretation.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Pence, however, took a different tack, arguing that he should be afforded the same immunity from DOJ questioning that members of Congress receive.

That immunity, afforded by the Constitution’s “speech or debate clause” is meant to shield lawmakers and congressional officials from compelled testimony to the Executive Branch. Pence emphasized that on Jan. 6, 2021, he was fulfilling his constitutional role as “president of the Senate,” presiding over both houses of Congress to count electoral votes. That role entitles him to congressional immunity, he contended.

I don't see why Pence would want to shield the truth from coming out. Pence has thrown his hat into the ring for the GOP nomination - he's clearly tried to differentiate himself from Trump and stated Trump should never be POTUS again because he wanted to act outside the constitution ... why would anyone then try to prevent facts about a momentous event from coming out. Total BS.

Legend
Legend
Simple, Pence is scared of trump’s murderous minions still on the streets of murica.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
i still can't believe not one person arrested has had a wooden stump for a leg. i mean we already had the path keepers leader with the eye patch. we need a wooden stub, a parrot, and a pirate flag

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p6

Link Copied to Clipboard