Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

How long of a suspension do you think is fair?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 07/30/22 02:17 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
How long do you want to see him suspended for?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 07/30/22 02:21 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Isn't 13 years a bit harsh .....? rofl

That really was how I read it at first. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
How does someone determine what's fair based on only hearsay evidence? 20+ accusers. Are some telling the truth? Are some fabricating/embellishing? Probably, but who knows for certain? I see a non browns fan voted for 13 games +.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Couldn't it just have been someone who is pro women? You do realize those people exist, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Knew it was you.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
You posted that before I even voted. The first time I saw this thread is when I posted my comment. I voted for 13-year. I see you didn't address the question.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You posted that before I even voted. The first time I saw this thread is when I posted my comment. I voted for 13-year. I see you didn't address the question.

So, since there's only 1 vote for 13 games to a year, and you admitted you voted that, it WAS you. Just as he thought.

A
Legend
Legend
A

So, since there's only 1 vote for 13 games to a year, and you admitted you voted that, it WAS you. Just as he thought.

And furthermore, you are on record as saying you aren't a Browns fan anymore. I'd say jfan nailed it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

You missed the switcheroo. Before it was edited it said one non Browns fan voted for a year plus. I didn't even vote until well after he made that post. And I'm the only one who voted for 13-year.

Here's a helpful hint to you how sloppy the editing was. there is no "13 games +"

There is "13-Year" and there is "Year plus".

At the time he posted that there was only a single vote in one of those two categories and that was "Year plus". I am however not surprised how easily you were sucked in.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I voted for 0 and 0.

I don't think Watson deserves to be suspended. There is no tangible evidence. There isn't video evidence. He has not been convicted of a crime. He has not even been charged w/a crime. Owners have gotten off for worse infractions of the Personal Conduct Policy.

I also voted I am hoping he isn't suspended because I am a Browns fan and support the team. I feel justice is served via the legal platform and the alleged victims will not receive justice if Watson is suspended.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Spinny spin spin spin spin.

Twist it any way you want. He was right.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You are either the one trying to spin it or simply aren't that bright. You choose.

Look at thew time stamps on each post. I hadn't even seen this thread until almost 40 minutes after he made his post. You're a twisted little man.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Yah. I looked at the time stamps. I also see there is only 1 person that voted for 13-yr. You said you voted for that. Spinny spin spin.

P
Legend
Legend
P
At the time he posted that, there were zero votes for "13-Year" and one vote for "Year plus". It's obvious for anyone with a brain that it would have been impossible for him to be referring to my vote. I tried typing slower in hopes that would help you. There is also no such category listed for "13 games +".

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Ok larry. Oh, and quit stalking me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

That's what you call people who are responding to your post? Maybe I should type slow again. You posted a comment to me first. That's not how stalking works Curly.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
You're getting creepy. Or, more creepy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
You're getting creepy. Or, more creepy.
Deshaun Watson's new theme music: Urgent by Foreigner. click

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I voted for 0 and 0.

I don't think Watson deserves to be suspended. There is no tangible evidence. There isn't video evidence. He has not been convicted of a crime. He has not even been charged w/a crime. Owners have gotten off for worse infractions of the Personal Conduct Policy.

I also voted I am hoping he isn't suspended because I am a Browns fan and support the team. I feel justice is served via the legal platform and the alleged victims will not receive justice if Watson is suspended.

I just thought, that any suspension, it can't provide justice,
not justice for the women, not justice for the league, not justice for Watson, not justice for the fans.

It hit me that like suggesting new paint, how much new paint to put out a fire, the 2 things are completely unconnected.
Therefore, given that, and the past owners' conduct, and reading about the sex boat before the big game, and no suspensions there, I think 0 games is just as useless as any number of games.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
A
Legend
Legend
A
rofl

Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Back to the poll....I think 5-8 games is fair. I'm hoping it's zero but I don't think that is going to happen.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought I missed this place....I was wrong.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
3 members like this: MemphisBrownie, Dave, FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Interesting poll numbers. Opinions (repeated or otherwise) posted on the forums so far doesn't really match what people are voting for. I'm curious to see where this goes.

Tackles are tackles.
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Interesting poll numbers. Opinions (repeated or otherwise) posted on the forums so far doesn't really match what people are voting for. I'm curious to see where this goes.

That's exactly why I posted this. I was really curious what the majority thought.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, it's easing up some now.........but, you need to have thick skin if you dared to say that you didn't know if Watson was guilty or not and was okay w/the trade the Browns made. There aren't a ton of posters who automatically said Watson was a predator, rapey, a sexual deviant, etc.......but, they are loud and they gang up on those who see things differently. Thus, I think your idea was a good one because people can express themselves anonymously.

Legend
Legend
"Thick skin"

lmfao.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'll express myself ... the reason I took "Year plus" was because there wasn't an option for "2 years plus", or even better, "Indefinitely".

T
Legend
Legend
T
That is one reason I stopped watching baseball 25+ years ago.
There was a fight, and the suspensions were a couple weeks, or games, in Pitcher games it was only going to be maybe 2-3 starts.
And if I recall right, the referee/umpire and the player got in a fight or something, actually I forget what it was. But I remember thinking, if they wanted to send a message, if it were up to me, I'd suspend em both for 180 games, a year and a month in MLB. If I were honest it's one of the significant reasons I stopped watching baseball for 25 years and haven't seen 15 minutes worth since. And my mind and heart are better for avoiding it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Couldn't it just have been someone who is pro women? You do realize those people exist, right?

And the others aren't. LOL

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Well, it's easing up some now.........but, you need to have thick skin if you dared to say that you didn't know if Watson was guilty or not and was okay w/the trade the Browns made. There aren't a ton of posters who automatically said Watson was a predator, rapey, a sexual deviant, etc.......but, they are loud and they gang up on those who see things differently. Thus, I think your idea was a good one because people can express themselves anonymously.

A post claiming you need thick skin while proving you have thin skin at the same time. Oh the irony. Employing the very tactics you whine about

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

And the others aren't. LOL

That would be correct.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Will you stop watching the NFL including the super bowl if the Watson suspension is a full year.

It may be more difficult, for me to 'not watch" any football because it would be on at Thanksgiving and such but,
I'm pretty much at a mindset
where a complete flushing of the NFL as a thing to watch seems like a better option than continuing to watch it.

One can not watch a Jacoby Brissett sucks football team while your franchise quarterback is still playing and for another team.
should not, shall not,...

Legend
Legend
I’ll amend my pick …. I think 12 is the current number

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Ditto, plus the NFL should not be in the morals judgement business- DW states he did nothing wrong...his sex life is his business and no earthly persons business UNLESS he broke the law- didn't happen according to Texas. Lastly, players were not informed they could be punished for NON-violent personal conduct- where is the list of things you can't do? Should homosexual players be nervous now?

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
If 24 men file law suits against a gay NFL player for some sort of sexual abuse, he should worry too.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't know about the number of games that's appropriate. With some of the verbiage in Robinson's report I think 6 games was too few. I think the indefinite suspension is dumb (and always was). It was a way for Goodell to prolong the whole charade as long as possible, and nobody ever thinks the indefinite suspension is going to last longer than the minimum set time.

I think a requirement for treatment should be in there, as well as much more forceful statement about if Watson violates the policy (especially in the same manner) ever again. I'm also good with nailing him with a fine, but I do think the Browns org should feel some pain in terms of games missed.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
You did the lawyer thing- didn't state how many games is fair....lots of folks keep harping on the numbers-24 or is it 66....has anyone seen an actual timeline- mapped it out, on these dates he had massages, these were bad dates when he tried to have sex....over how many YEARS. Again, I think the owners have been doing sleazy things for long time- got little punishment. DW lost last year due to Texan relationship and his situation, that's punishment- zero best number/six is number PA would approve. JMHO, the NFL chose a white, female judge- her know-ledge of black culture in USA is limited to non-existent- and, yes- I think that has some relevance. His moral upbring could be a lot different than white "heartland"/ bible belt America.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
And they chose a black man to hear the appeal. He was paid over 10 million dollars last year. That's not a suspension and there's nothing that ties him not playing last year to this situation.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Roger is doing unprecedented things with Watson including openly calling his behavior predatorial. I'd say there is an outside chance that he gets over a year, if not a permanent ban. That would be such a browns thing, get the franchise guy by trading the farm, just to see him permanently banned before he ever takes a snap.

I honestly think they will up the 6 games to 8 or 10. Roger wants a year. I guess we'll see sooner or later.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Well, it’s over. I truthfully didn’t see “11 games and coming back for the Houston game” as a possibility lol but that’s typical for the NFL

At least it’s done

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Well, it’s over. I truthfully didn’t see “11 games and coming back for the Houston game” as a possibility lol but that’s typical for the NFL

At least it’s done

I think "how long of a suspension ..is fair" is much different than "how long do you think Watson will be suspended?"

O
Legend
Legend
O
I concur, it's over, time to move forward. The DW off-field crap will be with us forever and no amount of debate will change that fact here. This is our QB for the foreseeable future, period. You don't have to like him, but you are going to have to watch him if you want to root for the browns. And those who wanted him on the team are going to have to accept that the DW debate and hate will be ongoing with some and that is out of their hands. I just want the guy to redeem himself by winning a lot and being a model citizen from this point forward. Time will tell.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
How does someone determine what's fair based on only hearsay evidence? 20+ accusers. Are some telling the truth? Are some fabricating/embellishing? Probably, but who knows for certain? I see a non browns fan voted for 13 games +.

I hearsay that roughly 60 women have made that statement or something similar. 20 something of which were settled with payment to the women...

For my money, I'd rather he was still the texans problem.....

As for any of them embellishing? sure,, My guess a few are... Tell me, how many do you think aren't being honest..., Keep in mind, if ONE TOLD THE TRUTH, that should be enough. RIGHT?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot

I hearsay that roughly 60 women have made that statement or something similar. 20 something of which were settled with payment to the women...

As for any of them embellishing? sure,, My guess a few are... Tell me, how many do you think aren't being honest..., Keep in mind, if ONE TOLD THE TRUTH, that should be enough. RIGHT?

Enough for what? Why the shouting? The poll asked how long of a suspension do you think is fair, and I explained why the decision would be difficult. If ONE TOLD THE TRUTH, how many games is that? Would it be more if 2 told the truth? The appointed ex judge said six games. Apparently that wasn't enough. I really don't know what's fair.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot

Enough for what? Why the shouting? The poll asked how long of a suspension do you think is fair, and I explained why the decision would be difficult. If ONE TOLD THE TRUTH, how many games is that? Would it be more if 2 told the truth? The appointed ex judge said six games. Apparently that wasn't enough. I really don't know what's fair.

For me, whats fair is a lifetime suspension

All this love for Watson (not really you) is sickening. If any one of these ladies were the daughters of guys on this board, they'd have his head.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
But watson wears a Browns uniform.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
But watson wears a Browns uniform.

You've got a lot of posts in this thread, but you haven't told us how many games you think is fair.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought the entire season would have been fair. That's if he took the necessary steps to get the sexual therapy and help needed with other parameters being met such as admitting and apologizing for his wrongdoing. The reason I actually didn't post "what I thought would be fair" is because I wanted to see how things played out in the NFL hearing. What was found and how it was worded as to what he did wrong. In the end it was very damning.

Not only do I think it would have been fair but it would have actually been better for the Browns. They would not have a season accrued against his contract with him only being available to play six games which many, including myself believe will be a wasted season.

I think anyone who admits their wrongdoing, apologizes for their actions, pays the price for their actions and takes responsibility for their actions deserves a second chance. In this case we've seen none of that. If we don't see that moving forward I will be very disappointed if the NFL allows him to take the field again until those parameters are met.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I thought the entire season would have been fair.

One season is justice for being the most egregious sexual assaulter ever in the history of the NFL? He ruined lives!

You say you champion women, feh...

P
Legend
Legend
P
You are just here to fight.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You are just here to fight.

Naw, I'm here to point out your hypocrisy and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

P
Legend
Legend
P
There is no hypocricy. You somehow forgot to mention the caveats I listed as conditions for him coming back.

I think anyone who admits their wrongdoing, apologizes for their actions, pays the price for their actions and takes responsibility for their actions deserves a second chance. In this case we've seen none of that. If we don't see that moving forward I will be very disappointed if the NFL allows him to take the field again until those parameters are met.

It's obvious you need to go buy some bubble gum because you suck at this.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
One would think you would have run out of chalk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus How long of a suspension do you think is fair?

Link Copied to Clipboard