Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
Why are they exclusive to Watson?

Because of the jump-off-the-edge decision to sign him at all costs. And some false assumption that there are only (and will only ever be, apparently) two QBs for the Browns... Baker, who is selfish, a terrible teammate, and sucks at football... or Deshaun Watson -- all-world elite QB, savior, future Super Bowl winner.

And then every argument (argument meaning anything with any grain of doubt) against the signing is met with this same fallible non-fact.

"There goes the cap!"
"That's a lot of draft capital!"
"240M guaranteed???"
"Those are some strong allegations!"
"This is going to be a PR nightmare!"
"I'm not sure I can cheer for this guy!"
"What if he's suspended for the whole year?!"

The poster is pat on the head like they "don't get it" and told... "That's the price to have a FQB for the next ten years."

Give me the line on Watson resigning in five years, maybe we can place a little wager... Maybe $50 -- or a loaf of bread -- whichever comes first.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Legend
Legend
R
Okie dokie.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Lol! I'm starting to love Buzbee. Dude cries crocodile tears about how nobody was calling and after he gets paid says he wasn't taking the NFL'S calls.

Dude probably got paid so much he doesn't have to give a flip for years.

So now even you have decided to believe everything planted in the Twitterverse that supports what you want to believe? Sad, just sad.

I'm surprised something so sad garnered a response. You have like 85 other arguments going I'm surprised you even noticed that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Rishuz
Legend
Legend
That said....

I thought about it yesterday, and my opinion is that I hope this whole thing goes nuclear-level ish-show from here on out. I hope everyone starts suing everyone, the Texans somehow get involved again, stuff gets leaked, we gotta go back to the arbitrator multiple times. I'm talking never-before-seen-not-even-by-the-NFL level incompetence and hypocrisy leading to all the drama and outrage imaginable because every person involved has more than earned it at this point (Watson, the Browns with their exhaustive investigation nonsense, the NFL for doubling down on its sham process, the Texans for enabling and then slipping through the cracks, and even Tony "they didn't call enough so I stopped picking up the phone" Buzbee. I hope they all catch fire at some point going forward.

I can totally get on board with this. We have a pretty good football team without Watson....there will be exciting games and players to watch. Meanwhile, the NFL fighting not to implode will be an entertaining side show. I'm ready for the season to start!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Be it by coincidence or any other method, the punishment should reflect the egregious, sexually predatory conduct of the assailant upon these victims. I'm not as concerned about the methodology, the motive or the players involved in the process as I am the situation being given the full weight of a punishment that's deserved.

I mean let me point out yet one more thing here. Hardin, Watson's attorney claimed watson was innocent. That they would fight every case in court. Now those are proven to be lies without any controversy involved. Yet you never hear a word about him being a liar. Yet when it comes to Buzzbee they try and use every rumor and report from second hand sources as being factual to attack him.

So you don't care how the NFL goes about handing out punishment as long as the final result is something you agree with?

So you have a problem with a defense attorney saying their client is innocent as the cases are working their way through the courts?

Yikes.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
3 members like this: Versatile Dog, MemphisBrownie, Rishuz
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
This is all a done deal at this point. It’s been a farce from the start.

I’m not saying Watson is innocent … heck maybe he deserves a severe sentence … but the idea that this was ever going to be a fair process is idiotic

Claiming a six game suspension was fair to any of his victims is what I find to be laughable. Anyone who reads Sue Robinson's report and doesn't think a suspension of far more than six games is called for is looking at this through Browns goggles.

So what's a fair punishment?

Like I said, this is uncharted territory. With 53 civil claims settled with Watson's name attached combined with the detail Judge Robison provided with her writeup of Watson's predatory behavior, the punishment should meet the level of the action. There is no precedent that comes close the level of Watson's activities. I don't believe you can look at this lightly and expect the players to understand the severity the league takes with respect to women. With 53 civil claims settled, 1 unsettled, lack of remorse, refusal to negotiate or admit any guilt, and the possibility of criminal charges still on the table; Watson has to be the example to show that this type of behavior is totally unacceptable for a member of the NFL.

That said, this is what I consider a fair punishment:

1) As stated by Judge Robinson, Watson should be restricted from any outside massage therapy not approved by the team or league for the rest of his career. Any violation would be cause for a lifetime ban if investigated and found to being a violation.

2) Due to Watson's consistent and current lying about the facts in the case and denial of responsibility, Watson needs to undergo and complete a comprehensive league approved phycological medical treatment for his abuse of women before requesting a reinstatement to the league.

3) Due to the way the Browns structured Watson's contract whether for salary cap reasons or as a suspension protection, rather than picking an arbitrary amount, Watson should be fined 50% of his year 1 and 2 base salaries (1.035M plus 46M equals 47.035M divided by 2 = $23,517,500) to be donate to women crisis centers in his name by the NFL as restitution for his mistreatment of women.

4) Watson receives an indefinite suspension with a minimum of 12 games at which time he can request reinstatement if the following is met:

a) Successfully complete the phycological medical treatment as detailed in the agreement.
b) The Browns contract with Watson is amended to include the massage therapy clause with automatic forfeiture of any future contracted money from the date of any violation.
c) A letter from the Texas DA confirming that criminal charges are off the table.
d) The final open civil suit has been settled.
e) An open letter of apology to the women combined with the donation to the women crisis centers (the amount can be reduced 25% if reinstated for week 12, 10% if reinstated for week 15, or no reduction if completed after week 15)
f) Any future criminal or civil actions concerning women is grounds for an immediate lifetime ban.

5) If Watson and the NFLPA sue in Federal Court, all the above is off the table and the NFL will institute the indefinite suspension with an open reinstatement date of their choosing should they win in Federal Court due to Watson's non remorse.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: Floquinho
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe I don't speak for everyone, but pointing out how the NFL is a joke in this situation is not a defense of Watson. The way I see it, there are separate, if parallel, conversations going on regarding Watson (what he did and what he deserves) and the NFL and its handling of its own personal conduct policy.

And maybe that's true for some. But just a suggestion. Read back through this thread and try to gauge how much and how many of the posts have no mention of what watson did and only focus on the process, how terrible the NFL is for trying to increase the punishment, how it's a witch hunt and every other method if deflection you can think of to take the focus away from watson's actions and his victims.

I'm certainly not a mind reader. But what I was taught is you can gauge one's intent by their actions. And the intentions seem pretty clear by most posters on this board from reading this thread.

The funny thing for me is that the Watson conversation is kinda done now. Robinson put in her report the closest thing to the unvarnished truth that we're going to get, and I accept that. What's now unfolding is the NFL's sham process that, when you really look at it, is no different that what it was before. Now it just takes longer and involves more people and drama.

So a contractually agreed upon process is a "sham process"? The NFL exercising their contractually guaranteed right to appeal the decision is a sham process? See, this is another example of what I am referring to. The NFL isn't breaking their contract. They aren't pulling some surprise move here. This isn't some sneaky back door loophole. The very definition of the word sham simply doesn't apply here though it continues to be used.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
And maybe that's true for some. But just a suggestion. Read back through this thread and try to gauge how much and how many of the posts have no mention of what watson did and only focus on the process, how terrible the NFL is for trying to increase the punishment, how it's a witch hunt and every other method if deflection you can think of to take the focus away from watson's actions and his victims.
Can't really disagree with you there, but I think it's less pervasive than you might think. Not even trying to convince you or anything. Just a thought.

So a contractually agreed upon process is a "sham process"?
NFLPA is run by morons. We knew this already. Yes, it's a sham.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you don't care how the NFL goes about handing out punishment as long as the final result is something you agree with?

Considering the NFL is using a contractually agreed upon process, which they are, to arrive at that conclusion, no.

So you have a problem with a defense attorney saying their client is innocent as the cases are working their way through the courts?

Lawyer speak is a common occurrence. Claims often exaggerated and sometimes even false get thrown around. This would then apply to both attorney's, would it not? Buzzbee still has an ongoing case against watson. Hardin also said they would fight every case in court.

You see, you can't have a different set of standards between these two attorney's. If you plan to excuse one attorney for things he said in defense of his client/clients, that has to work in both directions. As I pointed out, that has obviously not been the case here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sham means a thing that is not as it is reported to be. Bogus or false. To falsely present something as the truth.

The contractual agreement is clear. It has not been falsely reported. The NFL has the right to handle this appeal exactly the way they are. Nothing involved in this process meets the definition of a sham.

Both the NFLPA and the league have attorney's who go over these contracts with a fine tooth comb. If you wish to blame this process on the assertion that the NFLPA are morons, them being morons must be preventing them from hiring good attorney's. People can sit and make excuses about how or why they don't agree with the contract between the league and the players, but it is the binding contract agreed upon whether one like the parameters of that contract or not.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
It's impossible to be 100% factual when making a prediction, but I think saying that it was a terrible trade because a guy misses a year or close to it is a far more bizarre statement than one saying we will have a franchise qb for a decade or so.

But, it's Dawg Talkers...

Your statement requires the assumption that he signs here again after not having wanted to be here to begin with.
I think, barring a year or two of franchising him, there is every reason to suspect that he'll leave in free agency to the highest bidder, especially if they have lots of sunshine and beaches.

Given that, this becomes a mega trade to only have the guy for a handful of years, and that doesn't look nearly as good.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: FATE
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum watson-suspended-6-games 2

Link Copied to Clipboard