Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Ballpeen #1960364 08/03/22 01:15 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually it isn't making something out of nothing. There was a huge shift in what people said for decades before the watson trade compared to what they said right after the watson trade. I appreciate your explanation for your shifting position however. I hope it all works out the way you hope it does.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1964856 08/24/22 04:22 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The one thing I am hoping through all this season is that Jimmy Haslam is patient. I'm predicting a ceiling of 6- 8 wins and a last place finish. I hope I'm wrong. That's not what I want to see happen, but you have to be realistic. Mr. Haslam has to realize it's not a "normal" season for us with DW sitting the first 11 games. We don't need anyone fired namely KS or AB. I hope Jacoby lights it up and plays well but without DW it's not a true assessment of our team. My 2 cents.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
6-8 wins? With the roster we have, even without Watson, if they only win 6 games, everyone should be fired

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted by IrishDawg42
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by IrishDawg42
Originally Posted by eotab
I lost a lot of respect for Haslam in meddling and not being patient we had a step back season in 2021 and he panicked. We might get out of this smelling like a rose except for the bad publicity which should go away if he stays clean and more important win and win big here.

jmho

Only option for coming out smelling like a rose is a Super Bowl victory. Anything less, this was the biggest failure of a trade in the history of the NFL. Put the team on hold for an entire year, while crippling future years with the loss in assets. This story will be the final 10 minutes of future editions of shows featuring Cleveland failures.

I guess that is possible, but I doubt it. Giving up 3 first round picks who plays like one of the top-tier qbs for a decade or so is actually a good move. Look at all the resources teams gave up for Stafford and Wilson. Look at all the resources teams gave up for the rights to draft guys like Wentz, Goff, Lance, RGIII, etc. Minnesota gave up their entire draft for Hershel Walker. I could go on, but Watson is an excellent qb. Giving up 3 firsts for a guy who is an elite qb is actually a bargain considering how hard it is to find those guys. Now, if he screws up and goes to jail or something........then, your prediction would be proven correct.

With Stafford you made my point, Stafford has already won a Super Bowl. Wilson is going to a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 7 years, hasn't had a winning record in 6 years and replacing a QB that is now with the Seahawks, whom are looking to replace him with Baker Mayfield.

The Browns are one year removed from the playoffs and were still in the hunt in 2021 until the second to last week of the newly extended 17 week season of going again with an injured QB playing all year long. They replaced the QB that won the first playoff game in 27 years with a guy who quit on his team, only has one playoff win to his resume, has not played in 16 months at the time of signing and very well could be 2 1/2 years when he finally re-enters the field of play.

Which brings us to the final factor.. The face of the franchise is what 30-40% of the United States population believe is a serial sex offender. Doesn't matter if he was convicted of a crime, the parts of the situation that he doesn't deny is enough for probably 20% of that demographic to stop buying gear, stop going to games, stop raising another generation of Browns fans. It hurt the franchise in ways you and I will never see, which stunts the growth moving forward. What state of mind will Deshaun Watson be in when he finally returns to live action? No one knows and it is one hell of a big risk doing what they did. The ONLY reason to make such a risky decision is a Lombardi Trophy. That is why my statement is so bold.

IrishDawg, this is a brilliant post! You have explained well why the DW trade was so “risky” or as I would say stupid. I know no one here cares what I think since I was not born a browns fan and my grandfather did not cheer for Jim Brown. But I have a couple of close “born and raised” Browns fans, they have both gotten rid of their Browns gear and are deciding what new team to “adopt.” Neither were Baker fans, they just can’t stomach rooting for a team that they felt had sold their soul to the devil, nor can they look at their daughters in the face and explain why they are a fan of DW after reading about him #####ing on young women faces.

This situation is so sad. I enjoyed the underdog role my four years as a Browns fan, there was even something to be proud of in rooting for a team that was 1-31, in that it proves the resilience and faithfulness of you as a fan. That is all gone now, even a Super Bowl with DW, would be hollow and soulless.

Cleveland against the world? Yes, and deservedly so.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
6-8 wins? With the roster we have, even without Watson, if they only win 6 games, everyone should be fired

I might not agree that everyone should be fired, but no doubt 6 wins should at minimum put someone, or two, on the hot seat.

I think maybe in the front office as well.

I think Berry has done a great job on the whole. That said we do seem to have a few weak areas. I am not sure if the problem is with scouting, the manner in which we scout positions, or just bad picks. For some reason we do a great job of scouting backs and defensive backfield players. We are weak at scouting defensive line and wide receivers.

I don't know what we have to do to beef up our ability to scout or select players from those two position groups, but we need to do something to improve the scouting of those positions. We just seem to keep selecting miss after miss, with fairly high picks. I will say that the addition of Bell this year might break that trend at the receiver position.

I understand that when you use 3rd and 4th rounders you usually aren't going to get sure thing, all-pro players, but that is also high enough you should be able to find decent starters at least a good percentage of the time. We aren't even doing that.

Those are areas we need to figure out.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 08/25/22 04:35 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1964909 08/25/22 05:57 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hope the fans don't start the fire mantra again. The media picks up on it and then there is more discussion about such things than any other. Firing people has been a huge detriment to this franchise. Stay the course.

Legend
Legend
I know no one here cares what I think since I was not born a browns fan and my grandfather did not cheer for Jim Brown. But I have a couple of close “born and raised” Browns fans, they have both gotten rid of their Browns gear and are deciding what new team to “adopt.”

Many of us around here Did cheer for Jim Brown, and watched him play. The reason nobody cares what you think is because your a Baker fan, NOT a Browns fan. You don't just wake up one day and say I'm going to be a Browns fan, then four years later wake up and say gee I'm not a Browns fan anymore. That is the mark of a bandwagon fan. Not a true fan which you never were.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I know no one here cares what I think ...

Then what exactly do you get out of posting here?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian

I might not agree that everyone should be fired, but no doubt 6 wins should at minimum put someone, or two, on the hot seat.

I think maybe in the front office as well.

I think Berry has done a great job on the whole. That said we do seem to have a few weak areas. I am not sure if the problem is with scouting, the manner in which we scout positions, or just bad picks. For some reason we do a great job of scouting backs and defensive backfield players. We are weak at scouting defensive line and wide receivers.

I don't know what we have to do to beef up our ability to scout or select players from those two position groups, but we need to do something to improve the scouting of those positions. We just seem to keep selecting miss after miss, with fairly high picks. I will say that the addition of Bell this year might break that trend at the receiver position.

I understand that when you use 3rd and 4th rounders you usually aren't going to get sure thing, all-pro players, but that is also high enough you should be able to find decent starters at least a good percentage of the time. We aren't even doing that.

Those are areas we need to figure out.

I hope the fans don't start the fire mantra again. The media picks up on it and then there is more discussion about such things than any other. Firing people has been a huge detriment to this franchise. Stay the course.

Sometimes the mantra that rises is a result of a call for accountability. Though I'm in agreement with the notion that the lack of continuity has hurt the Browns in the past, ignoring what has transpired since October 2021 to a playoff team cannot be ignored and if a 6-win season follows that there should be serious questions with the leadership.

So, what is the foundation that some of those questions would generate from:
1. Sharp Football Analysis, 2022 NFL Offensive Line Rankings by Unit, Browns ranked 1st
2. Sharp Football Analysis, 2022 NFL Running Backs Rankings by Unit, Browns ranked 1st
3. Sharp Football Analysis, 2022 NFL Defensive Front Seven by Unit, Browns ranked 6th
4. Sharp Football Analysis, 2022 NFL Defensive Secondary Rankings by Unit, Browns ranked 4th
5. 3-years continuity FO and Coaches
6. Over 290M invested in the improved new QB room in 2022
7. 49.206M Cap Space Availability in 2022

If it was any other team in the league, what would be the expectations for a team that possessed all the proceeding?

2020 record 11-5, 2021 record 8-9 - is a continued regression acceptable on any level for the FO or coaches knowing the foundation the team possesses?

Where is the line of accountability drawn in 2022 for results or is "potential" the new mantra for team, FO, and coaches now and in the future?

If the Browns win 8 or less games in 2022, is the 2-year downward spiral deemed acceptable for the FO and coaches or is accountability only looked at when everything is perfect?

IMHO, 2022 will tell a lot about accountability or meeting expectations of the FO and the coaches. What exactly is the break point after a 2-year downward spiral?

That's not a fire mantra, it's an accountability/expectation mantra - as it should be.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
steve0255 #1964930 08/25/22 09:25 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
What was the Sharp Football Analysis, 2022 NFL QB Rankings by Unit, ranking?

Seems to me that the Browns defined what was holding them back and decided to rectify that situation.

bonefish #1964932 08/25/22 09:56 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
First of all, the rankings are 2022 projections not 2021 results. Second of all, the 2022 NFL Quarterback Rankings by Unit, the Browns were rated 14th and the rating took into account Watson's uncertain availability due to suspension. Even with that, breaking into the top 10 in 2022 would be suspect at best.

QUARTERBACK RANKINGS by UNIT
Rank____Team__________Score

1. Kansas City 97
2 Green Bay Packers 90
2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 90
4 Los Angeles Chargers 89
5 Buffalo Bills 86
6 Los Angeles Rams 78
6 Balitmore Ravens 78
8 Cincinnati Bengals 75
9 Dallas Cowboys 73
10 Denver Broncos 69

14 Cleveland Browns 53

steve0255 #1964935 08/25/22 10:15 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Are you effing kidding me?

" 2 year Downward spiral." What? 2020 is that part of the spiral?

Go back to last year and look hard. Go back and watch the games we lost. Then come back and tell us how and why.

I will help:

Mon 1/3 against the Steelers Baker's numbers
16 for 38, 185 yds., 42% comp. 2 td's 2 ints. QBR rating 16

12/25 - against the Green Bay, Baker's numbers
21 for 36, 222 yds. 58% comp. 2 td's 4 ints. QBR rating 35.2

11/28 - against the Ravens Baker's numbers
18 for 37, 247 yds. 48.7 % comp. 1 td QBR rating 38.5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is only three games look at the others. We were 8-9

Understanding the reasons behind losing games is important. The front office and coaches bear some responsiblity but so do the players.

We have good coaches. We have good schemes. Andrew Berry has built a competitive roster.

Go back before Kevin Stefanski and Andrew Berry. Talk about roster building and continuity and explain how well the Browns were doing.

"You'll never know what you're holding
Till it starts slipping away,"

bonefish #1964937 08/25/22 10:27 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I supported Baker. I liked him. I wanted him to win a championship in Cleveland in the worse way.

I wanted him to rub **** into the faces of his critics like Bart Scott.

Haslam, Berry and Stefanski were right about moving on from Baker. He was not good enough.

His record against teams with a winning record: 7-21

Chew on that for awhile and tell me how do you expect to win a championship in the AFC with the quarterbacks in this conference?

bonefish #1964938 08/25/22 10:37 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
We will soon see - Baker has had an extremely short time with the Panthers to learn the playbook and gel with the team. for most of that time he was splitting reps in a QB competition. He's on a team universally regarded as one of the bottom feeders. He's playing his first game against a top defense with very good DB's and a good pass rush. If he's as bad as you now think he is - then this game won't be close and the Browns will be running out the clock in the 3rd Q onwards. If some of the other factors truly impacted Baker's play - number of HC and OC - playing on a 1-31 team - injury - new mechanics at the start of 2020 .... well maybe the game will be closer. I think Baker is a top 15 QB in the NFL when healthy.... I think he's got the potential to be better but the good thing is, while we root for the Browns, we get to see how it plays out.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
bonefish #1964940 08/25/22 10:46 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish

His record against teams with a winning record: 7-21

Chew on that for awhile and tell me how do you expect to win a championship in the AFC with the quarterbacks in this conference?

QB records are not a real stat.

For example, Watson has a career record of 7-19 against teams with a winning record and was 0-9 against teams with a winning record in 2020.

We all know Watson is a top tier QB.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/deshaun-watson-record-against-winning-teams/

mgh888 #1964943 08/25/22 10:57 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I have no plan to drive down the Baker highway.

I really liked Baker. I appreciate what he did in Cleveland. I will always thank him for giving everything he had. I will never forget the playoff win against the Steelers in Heinz field. Never. One of the truly great days for me in football.

I wish him well with the Panthers. I hope he balls out.

However, I totally understand why he is no longer a Brown.

1 member likes this: FrankZ
Milk Man #1964947 08/25/22 11:01 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I understand your point and it is valid.

However, there is more to it as well. When you deep dive into the Baker numbers inside his record against winning teams.

You find failure of making big plays at key moments.

And the record is what it is.

And the fact remains he is not in the class of the top quarterbacks in the AFC alone.

Look inside DW numbers for 2020. Was he the reason for their record?

Last edited by bonefish; 08/25/22 11:07 AM.
bonefish #1964958 08/25/22 11:28 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
You made my point about evaluating QBs. thumbsup

QB records are not a real stat. It goes much deeper.

bonefish #1964968 08/25/22 12:04 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
The flip side to that was the Chiefs and Chargers games. We lost those and Baker and the O absolutely TORCHED those defenses.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by oobernoober
The flip side to that was the Chiefs and Chargers games. We lost those and Baker and the O absolutely TORCHED those defenses.

Except when it mattered.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
The point was the 8-9 record and "two years of spiraling downward."

We didn't spiral downward. In 2020 we won a playoff game.

In 2021 we were 8-9 and we were a couple of plays away from making the playoffs with a damaged and ineffective quarterback.

Now people are talking about a "wasted season" and FO and coaching accountability. What a crock.

We have not even played a stinking game this year.

mgh888 #1964974 08/25/22 12:22 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by mgh888
We will soon see - Baker has had an extremely short time with the Panthers to learn the playbook and gel with the team. for most of that time he was splitting reps in a QB competition. He's on a team universally regarded as one of the bottom feeders. He's playing his first game against a top defense with very good DB's and a good pass rush. If he's as bad as you now think he is - then this game won't be close and the Browns will be running out the clock in the 3rd Q onwards. If some of the other factors truly impacted Baker's play - number of HC and OC - playing on a 1-31 team - injury - new mechanics at the start of 2020 .... well maybe the game will be closer. I think Baker is a top 15 QB in the NFL when healthy.... I think he's got the potential to be better but the good thing is, while we root for the Browns, we get to see how it plays out.

This is an emotional response. It's akin to internet crying because your team traded your favorite player. I probably acted this way when the team dumped Bernie.

There's a good chance Baker plays well against us and maybe for the season. The Panthers have low expectations. Baker thrives and plays loose with low expectations. He's going to come out juiced for game 1 and let it rip. If he has success early in the game, I can see that carrying the Panthers toward a win. And we have, well, we have a journeyman backup as our starter. But it won't change the fact that Baker wasn't a long term solution here or anywhere. The only thing that will change that is a long second year contract from someone.

The defense really needs to show up this season for the Browns to have a chance game in and game out. I don't have confidence they will. We need dogs. I don't think we have enough of those.

Rishuz #1964975 08/25/22 12:22 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Except when it mattered.

Don't forget about those missed FG's and dropped passes he had too ! He was probably at fault for not calling the illegal hit on the last play too. Sorry - couldn't help myself! Lots of angles and opinions from all - all covered previously.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What was the Sharp Football Analysis, 2022 NFL QB Rankings by Unit, ranking?

Seems to me that the Browns defined what was holding them back and decided to rectify that situation.

The 2022 injury was rectified too. And it wasn't the Browns that rectified it, it was a surgeon. But let's ignore that part of it. Yeah, they rectified it. Brissett is the starter for 11 games.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1964977 08/25/22 12:24 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
This is an emotional response.

No.... but by all means, you go ahead and believe that if it helps with your emotional responses to the team and what happens this season. All good.

mgh888 #1964978 08/25/22 12:24 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
He moved the team like 7 yds in 1:15 against the Chargers. No dropped passes or missed FGs during that drive.

mgh888 #1964979 08/25/22 12:25 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R

No.... but by all means, you go ahead and believe that if it helps with your emotional responses to the team and what happens this season. All good.

Another emotional response.

Rishuz #1964980 08/25/22 12:34 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

Except when it mattered.

In hindsight, MAYBE you're right with the Chiefs game. Still, we put up 29 points and scored a TD in the 4th.

The Chargers game is not debatable, IMO. We put up 42 point, 22 of which occurred in the second half. Chargers hung 20'some on us in the 4th quarter. That's not an offense-problem.

My overall point was that the O started hot before major injuries started hitting early and often (Baker and the Oline, in particular). Injuries had started taking their toll by the time the D had finally found its footing.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: FATE, PrplPplEater
bonefish #1964982 08/25/22 12:34 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
The point was the 8-9 record and "two years of spiraling downward."

We didn't spiral downward. In 2020 we won a playoff game.

In 2021 we were 8-9 and we were a couple of plays away from making the playoffs with a damaged and ineffective quarterback.

Now people are talking about a "wasted season" and FO and coaching accountability. What a crock.

We have not even played a stinking game this year.

I agree with your overall point here.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

All I know is that I personally support Stefanski and our Front Office. I was not a fan of either, but they earned my approval. I'm secure enough to change my opinion on things when the facts dictate that the opinion should change.

bonefish #1964990 08/25/22 12:58 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Are you effing kidding me?

" 2 year Downward spiral." What? 2020 is that part of the spiral?

Go back to last year and look hard. Go back and watch the games we lost. Then come back and tell us how and why.

I will help:

Mon 1/3 against the Steelers Baker's numbers
16 for 38, 185 yds., 42% comp. 2 td's 2 ints. QBR rating 16

12/25 - against the Green Bay, Baker's numbers
21 for 36, 222 yds. 58% comp. 2 td's 4 ints. QBR rating 35.2

11/28 - against the Ravens Baker's numbers
18 for 37, 247 yds. 48.7 % comp. 1 td QBR rating 38.5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is only three games look at the others. We were 8-9

Understanding the reasons behind losing games is important. The front office and coaches bear some responsiblity but so do the players.

We have good coaches. We have good schemes. Andrew Berry has built a competitive roster.

Go back before Kevin Stefanski and Andrew Berry. Talk about roster building and continuity and explain how well the Browns were doing.

"You'll never know what you're holding
Till it starts slipping away,"

Bonefish, relax and take a pill buddy. The post was a hypothetical as to what happens if the Browns only win 6 games this year. Spin it anyway you want, if the Browns go from 11-5 in 2020 to 8-9 in 2021 to 6-11 in 2022 with the talent the Browns possess, IMHO - that's a downward spiral. We can say it was all Baker's fault in 2021 and all Brissett's fault in 2022 but the constant that remains is the Browns have had a top tier OL, top tier Defense, top tier RB tandem, and money to burn but also the same FO and coaches that are supposed to put a winning product on the field with the assets they possess. Coaches and the FO's don't get extensions because of potential. If that were the case, it'd be impossible to fire any coach or FO.

O
Legend
Legend
O
From a football perspective, I do too. But I don't think they somehow get a pass because the QB they went after won't be available for most of the season. Not least of which because they knew he'd be suspended from the jump. AB and KS are the ones responsible for constructing the roster AND how they're used on Sundays. KS has a talented enough roster to AT LEAST match the win total from last year. So long as injuries aren't a complete ish-show like they were last year, we should do better as well.

All that said, I don't think KS's seat is hot. If we have a disappointing season (which would be 2 in a row), then I think it makes sense to start talking about seat temperature going into next year.

JMO.

-PrplPplEater
mgh888 #1964992 08/25/22 01:00 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
After which he made excuses why it's quite possible Baker would play well and the Browns lose to the Panthers. You couldn't make that crap up if you tried.

Here's the bottom line. The Browns are weaker on the O Line. The C position is a huge question mark. People seem to dismiss that. We have exactly one WR who may demand a double team and that depends on how good the opponents #1 CB is. Otherwise nobody has yet shown they deserve that type of attention. Sure they have a great running game but teams know they need to concentrate on the run.

Lamb was the Cowboys #1 WR last year and Cooper was relegated to the #2 WR spot. Even as the #2 WR Cooper caught for 250 yards less than he did in 2021 and over 300 yards less than he caught for in 2019. That's not a good trend. The Browns signed Njoku to a huge contract extension while stat wise he certainly hasn't lived up to his athletic potential. So will year 6 be a breakout year for him? People need to ask themselves, does it usually take 6 years for an NFL TE to breakout at their position?

The Browns are weaker at the DT position as well. Opening up the oppositions running game up the middle even more than last year. Then there's the hope that when watson does come back he will be the same watson everyone saw in 2020 after not having played in an NFL game since January 3rd of 2021.

It is true the Browns haven't played a game yet. It is true they could be just fine. But the stars will have to align just perfect for that to happen. Winning 6-8 games is far more of a realistic expectation than many are willing to admit.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's crazy to think when your team scores 29 and even 42 points people can blame the offense for the loss. Not surprising, just crazy.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Obviously, evaluating front offices and coaches is a very subjective process, especially when fans are doing the evaluating. smile

I guess I can understand why some people won't give them a pass this year, but I don't look at this situation as a one-year window. In my opinion, they had almost absolutely no shot of obtaining a true top-tier QB and they somehow pulled it off. Of course, the consequences for doing so has led to a barrage of attacks from countless sources. They had to know it was coming and they still had the guts to get the deal done. I think the moves will pay off in the long run and I think that Watson will be the qb for a long, long time. I think having a qb of that caliber gives you a chance for prolonged success. Thus, it's not one year for me. I actually applaud them for admitting they didn't have the right guy and having the guts to dump even though he was a very popular figure w/the fans and local media. They went all in despite knowing they would get beat up by those who loved the previous qb and by those who are repulsed by Watson.

Again, these are just my opinions and I am not asking anyone to agree. I don't want to get into an argument about it. Just voicing my own personal opinion.

Rishuz #1964995 08/25/22 01:11 PM
Legend
Legend
He moved the team like 7 yds in 1:15 against the Chargers. No dropped passes or missed FGs during that drive.

Three 1st downs and 21 yards, including a 10 yard dart to Njoku on that drive before two INC's to DPJ and Higgins and the failed Hail Mary attempt from our own 46.

DPJ was bracketed in double coverage and the ball was thrown to where he just needed to keep running hard to get under it, but he slowed up a little while tracking it instead of continuing at full speed.
The throw to Higgins was a bit high, but was thrown to be beyond the defender, between Higgins and the sideline, leading him toward the sideline. Not the best throw, but probably not the best effort by Higgins, either.
The Hail Mary is what it is... those are, at best, a 10% chance of success.

Video on YouTube

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the question becomes "under whose orders"? I don't think the coaching staff had any impact on bringing watson here. They had no part of the investigation, negotiations or any other part of the process that brought him here. As it pertains to the FO, we just don't know what part they played in it. I'm sure that if Haslam asked them to study the analytics of watson being the Browns QB the answer they gave was a positive one. Watson is definitely a huge upgrade on the field. So if that was the extent of their input on the decision to bring him here it was an easy one. But did they have a say or were they asked what the impact would be from a PR standpoint and how severe the ramifications would be off the field? I don't think anyone outside of the group in the FO and Halslam know for sure.

Once the decision was made it's obvious watson didn't want to come here because he said so. I don't think it took some stroke of brilliance to offer him a kings ransom to make him an offer he couldn't refuse to change his mind. We know Haslam endorsed the entire thing because he signed the check. Outside of that we have no idea what went on behind the scenes.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1964998 08/25/22 01:28 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

Another emotional response.

Nope - but you go ahead and troll.

Legend
Legend
I left out the parts where our offense controlled ToP by almost a full quarter (36+ minutes to 23 minutes) and where that entire final sequence was set up by Schwartz fielding a kick-off at the 3 yard line and then only getting out to the 14. That was followed by two bad runs by Hunt and an incompletion to Higgins before Gillan failed to even punt past the 50, giving them the ball in our territory where the defense then chose to surrender a TD in just 31 seconds.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

steve0255 #1965004 08/25/22 01:35 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Spin?

Why frame your post of a downward spiral on a hypothetical season?

You have consistently spun about the FO and coaching. Cherry picking stats from the Vikings.

You are not fooling me. I don't need any pills.

If you dislike KS and Berry fine. That is your opinion. No problema.

I disagree. This season I have no expectations. But for sure before a game is played in a seventeen game season. I am not going to be taliking about who should be held accountable "if we were to win only six games."

How about watching the games then looking at results?

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jimmy Haslam

Link Copied to Clipboard