Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Watson is not being accused of rape. It was also found there was no physical force.

This is the kind of crap when the mob makes decisions. The story gets bigger and bigger and bigger.

Again, you fail to see the hypocrisy of your statement. Nonconsensual intercourse (rape) doesn't have occur with physical force. Ask any woman or woman that's suffered nonconsensual intercourse. Nonconsensual oral sex does not have to have physical force either. Verbal threats, intimidation, or fear of bodily harm is not physical. Again, ask any woman or woman that has submitted to unwanted verbal threats, intimidation, or fear of bodily harm resulting in nonconsensual sex (either oral or intercourse).

Again, ignore it all you want but the fact remains that Watson has been accused of nonconsensual oral sex that is clearly defined as sexual abuse under Texas Law and within the exact same statute as nonconsensual intercourse (rape). As much as you or anyone else for the fact wants to separate the two, in Texas (where this all occurred) they are one in the same. Those are facts you cannot refute.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by hitt
JMHO, it could happen. A black man is judging a black QB- you can't tell me black sexual experience historically and currently isn't different than Caucasian society. Watson says he did nothing wrong- we'll get to see if the whole picture is thought out and considered. Plus, maybe Mr. Harvey holds the owners of the NFL more accountable by giving DW a lighter sentence.....time will tell.

Or Goodell told him the path where he'd like to see this go?

Or maybe he's just a decent human being and understand the gravity of what watson did.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Xanthros
All I see is your one sided tunnel vision in a situation you are guessing what the facts actually are. Unless you’re telling me Deshaun invited you to sit In on the actual sessions. As with all arguments my money is on the probability that the truth is somewhere in the middle. Is he guilty of something. My opinion is yes but I can’t sit here and tell you what.

I know who did hear all of the facts and testimony. Sue Robinson. You seem to claim someone who did hear all of the testimony doesn't know what happened. I'm agreeing that her decision and findings were based on those facts. Somehow that seems to bother you. You wish not to recognize that.

Also the fact that 23 of the 24 civil lawsuits settled out of court also points to the probability that a chunk of the accusers were in it for the compensation. Does that make the Court of public opinion anything more than opinions?

You just stick with that theory. The person who heard all of the evidence, once again Sue Robinson, called those settlements "restitution". Your opinion runs counter to the very judge who knows every detail while you know none of the details. But what ever makes you feel better.

The real story IMO is the NFL setting up a third party to ignore when they don’t fall in line. This is beyond even Goodell. This is a pure power play by the owners which should have everyone including fans players and coaches on watch. With nothing to do with racism or watsons skin color this is Rich White Privilege at its best

Yet the appointed person to decide this is a black man. And if the ruling comes down with a stiffer penalty, some of you will still be raising hell when all that will really have happened is Harvey is a decent human being who can see how wrong what watson did was. And I won't even be surprised if the term Uncle Tom gets thrown around.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I'm going to take a page out of your book here. You are not factually correct because it's 'purported', not 'reported'. Sham is a thing that is not as it is purported to be. So no, you're not factually correct per Pit argument logic. Checkmate :-p

The contract is plain. It's exactly as the contract spells it out to be. That isn't a sham.

More to the point, though... this new conduct policy/process was put in place for the sole purpose to take power out of Goodell's hands. Previously, Goodell was judge, jury, and executioner, and that was seen as a big problem. This new process was supposed to take a large part of that decision-making power out of his hands and give it to a neutral party, thereby allowing for the possibility of it becoming a fair and legit process. As we now see, that's not the case because the NFL has 0 issue with appealing the decision if it doesn't get its way, and that process goes right back into Rog's hands.

TLDR: new process was supposed to be more legit because it would no longer be subject to Goodell's whim... which is clearly still the case... therefore sham.

That's a whole lot of gibberish to try and make excuses for the fact that nothing in the contract reads as you have described. The process was obviously stated. There is no confusing or complicated language surrounding the process.

It appears you jumped to conclusions or your preconceived notions as to exactly what you thought or felt the new agreement on this process accomplished when it obviously did not. That's not by any stretch a sham. What you "thought" it accomplished has nothing to do with the very clear language in the agreement.

#gmstrong
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted by steve0255
Watson is not being accused of rape. It was also found there was no physical force.

This is the kind of crap when the mob makes decisions. The story gets bigger and bigger and bigger.

Again, you fail to see the hypocrisy of your statement. Nonconsensual intercourse (rape) doesn't have occur with physical force. Ask any woman or woman that's suffered nonconsensual intercourse. Nonconsensual oral sex does not have to have physical force either. Verbal threats, intimidation, or fear of bodily harm is not physical. Again, ask any woman or woman that has submitted to unwanted verbal threats, intimidation, or fear of bodily harm resulting in nonconsensual sex (either oral or intercourse).

Again, ignore it all you want but the fact remains that Watson has been accused of nonconsensual oral sex that is clearly defined as sexual abuse under Texas Law and within the exact same statute as nonconsensual intercourse (rape). As much as you or anyone else for the fact wants to separate the two, in Texas (where this all occurred) they are one in the same. Those are facts you cannot refute.

Cool, you should be able to show me in Judge Robinson's findings where the NFL showed evidence that Watson coerced these women into having oral sex, or where non-consensual oral sex occured.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Jester
I didn't comment on ben's punishment, but that was a travesty. And then they cut the suspension down. WTF?!
Ben should have been suspended indefinitely minimum a full season.

And I agree 100%. And while I'm not pointing the finger at you, it seems many people are using the excuse that since Ben got away with a far too mild a penalty that's the perfect excuse why the same thing should happen with watson. They seem to be proposing that since the NFL is trying to correct their mistakes from the past by not punishing the abuse of women severely enough that's a terrible thing. If we've learned anything throughout history it's that if we had never corrected mistakes from the past we would be living in a world where slavery is still legal, women couldn't vote and the black community still wouldn't have civil rights.

Some people think using the past as an excuse to treat the abuse of women with a slap on the wrist is a sound thought process. Some of us don't.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Hammer
I don't believe this for 1 second.

"3 of the women claim Watson forced them to have oral sex with him"

If that were true - he would have been brought up on criminal charges. That is rape, pure and simple. I believe those women are lying out of their arse, if that is their claim.

Yet a former judge who actually listened to all of the evidence thinks you're wrong. I guess we should trust your feelings more.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand what you are saying, but you are also assigning guilt to a person when you do not have proof of his guilt. OCD mentioned peen being like dudes in the old south, but not allowing the legal system to rule on criminal cases goes farther back than that. Back to the Salem witch trials. And even further than that......back to the Medieval times and beyond.

So the person who said he would accept what Robinson's findings were now compares her findings to the Salem witch trials? Then when some people don't accept that the penalty phase was strong enough he calls them hypocrites? Oh my, how ironic.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
What kills me is that almost everyone said they would be good w/Judge Robinson's decision. She decided on 6 games. But now, that isn't enough. Pffftttttt.....

Yeah, and one guy even compared her findings to a witch hunt! Oh the humanity!

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Hammer
I don't believe this for 1 second.

"3 of the women claim Watson forced them to have oral sex with him"

If that were true - he would have been brought up on criminal charges. That is rape, pure and simple. I believe those women are lying out of their arse, if that is their claim.

Yet a former judge who actually listened to all of the evidence thinks you're wrong. I guess we should trust your feelings more.

Please point to the spot in the report where she said that any of the women had oral sex with Watson, let alone non-consensual oral sex.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Only egregious sexual behavior. Only sexual assault. Only predatory behavior. Only endangering the life of others. Some people wish to make it smaller and smaller.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Has the Bible ever addressed whether or not we should judge others? I thought you were a believer?

And we thought you would accept her findings. I guess that means everyone is disappointed.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
No doubt he did something and was guilty of lewd behavior.

So that's how you describe the findings of predatory, sexual assault and egregious? No wonder women had to resort to a me too movement.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Well, anything from Buzbee should be taken with ten grains of salt … that dude is the least credible guy involved. He’s a snake

rofl

As I predicted.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't comment on ben's punishment, but that was a travesty. And then they cut the suspension down. WTF?!
Ben should have been suspended indefinitely minimum a full season.

And I agree 100%. And while I'm not pointing the finger at you, it seems many people are using the excuse that since Ben got away with a far too mild a penalty that's the perfect excuse why the same thing should happen with watson. They seem to be proposing that since the NFL is trying to correct their mistakes from the past by not punishing the abuse of women severely enough that's a terrible thing. If we've learned anything throughout history it's that if we had never corrected mistakes from the past we would be living in a world where slavery is still legal, women couldn't vote and the black community still wouldn't have civil rights.

Some people think using the past as an excuse to treat the abuse of women with a slap on the wrist is a sound thought process. Some of us don't.

I have never been one who believed in two wrongs make a right, even though that gets thrown around as an excuse by many in the politics forum.
I do however believe that the NFL should make the effort to define what their punishments would be. I know specifics would be hard but at least a mild, moderate, and severe level of infringement that would then apply to all employees including players and owners.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Has the Bible ever addressed whether or not we should judge others? I thought you were a believer?

And we thought you would accept her findings. I guess that means everyone is disappointed.

I am confused. All the posts I have seen, to me it looks like Vers is accepting Judge Robinson's ruling.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Only egregious sexual behavior. Only sexual assault. Only predatory behavior. Only endangering the life of others. Some people wish to make it smaller and smaller.

There is no allegation that Mr. Watson exerted any force against any of the therapists.

I, therefore, find that the NFL has carried its burden to prove, by a preponderance of the
evidence, that Mr. Watson engaged in sexual assault (as defined by the NFL) against the four
therapists identified in the Report.

The "sexual assault" was as defined by the NFL, which waited to define what sexual assault is until after the investigation. And as the report also says there is no evidence of force that makes what he did more akin to harassment than assault as defined by most standards.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I am confused. All the posts I have seen, to me it looks like Vers is accepting Judge Robinson's ruling.
It would seem to me that Vers wants to accept the 6 game suspension - while still proclaiming Watson's innocence or potential innocence. Judge Robinson's ruling - as the ONLY person to be privy to the testimony and questioning of the parties involved - is that Watson is a serial/multiple time sex offender who committed egregious acts that may well have warranted a harsher penalty than the one she felt confined to administer based on the NFL's framework. She said he lied and showed zero remorse for his transgressions. Her ruling is absolutely unequivocable. . . Some seem to want the 6 game suspension part of the ruling without accepting the rest of it. Not once has Vers acknowledged or accepted the second part - in fact he is still trying to deflect and suggest that none of us posting opinions know the facts. While it was Vers himself that was preaching to the entire board that we should all accept Sue Robinson's findings because she was a retired judge with an unblemished record (to the extent that he could find) - that was when he thought the NFLPA had an angle and the suspension might of been as little as 2 games. He wrote a post about how much he would love it if Robinson came back with zero or very short suspension and other posters on the board had a melt down.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V

I have accepted her decision. I have said so many, many times. Pit and 888 consistently tell lies and that is why I have them both on ignore. I see some of their posts when others quote them, but it gets old watching one lie after another.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Someone talks about rape and I say that he wasn't accused of rape, which is accurate. Somehow, the usual trolls act like I am saying something else.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
When I become skeptical is when numerous other victims start coming out of the woodwork … and then when some of them are deemed “not credible” it’s difficult to know what to beleive

I think that's natural to some extent. But then 70% of sexual attacks never get reported to anyone, and there is safety in numbers... so it would also be natural for victims who remained silent to gain courage after learning of others coming forward.

As for some claims not being credible? I think it's also expected that you'd get some 'band wagoners' trying to make a fast buck. But I think using them to undermine the rest is unfair. That's like saying all the police are bad apples because there are some rotten apples who are law enforcement. . . . as to which claims have been deemed not credible? I only know of one example where a woman's son came forward to say his mum was falsely making accusations to make money - and that women was interviewed by Buzbee and not accepted as a client. That again seems unfair as a basis to diminish the claims of others.

Your last part I believe is incorrect - Josina Anderson recently reported that Buzbee did file a lawsuit for that woman. When asked about it, Buzbee said that he was unaware at the time that her son had talked to the NFL, and that everything the son said to the NFL was false because his mom never talked to her son about Watson. Let's just say, I don't believe that.

888 spreads lies all the time. And then plays innocent when caught.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
The "sexual assault" was as defined by the NFL, which waited to define what sexual assault is until after the investigation. And as the report also says there is no evidence of force that makes what he did more akin to harassment than assault as defined by most standards.

Can you actually show where it was more "akin to sexual harrasment by most standards"?

Does predatory conduct only reach that level? How about egregious conduct? Can you tell me what about the NFL's definition is so wrong?

6 (1) Conduct that Qualifies as a Sexual Assault As noted above, the conduct of “sexual assault” is not defined in the CBA, the Policy, or the Report. On behalf of the NFL, one of its investigators defined the term at the evidentiary hearing as the “unwanted sexual contact with another person.”15 The NFL contends that Mr. Watson committed sexual assault by allegedly “touching [his] penis to the women without their consent.

And later in the report as to her findings.....

Mr. Watson had a sexual purpose – not just a therapeutic purpose – in making these arrangements with these particular therapists.27 Finally, I find that the NFL has produced sufficient circumstantial evidence to prove the last prong of the test, that Mr. Watson knew such sexualized contact was unwanted. Of course, there is no indication on the record that even experienced therapists “want” such contact, and Mr. Watson certainly did not seek out the most experienced therapists.

So that's what you think only reaches the level of sexual harrasment?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet you compared her findings to the Salem witch hunts. You do realize people can read your posts, right?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you mean that when people repeat what she found that he claims that sounds like a witch hunt, that he accepts it?

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Her ruling is absolutely unequivocable

You do this a lot. You take an opinion and turn it into an emphatic fact to bolster your side of the argument ...words like "absolutely" only embellish the point. The truth is that your statement above is an opinion. There are plenty of innocent people in jail. Maybe they had bad lawyers, bad witnesses, corrupt police, overzealous prosecutors, etc. Are the judgements in those cases unequivocable and should be without question forever?

I am not saying Deshaun is innocent. I am simply saying you won. You got the judgment you wanted in terms of who Watson is as a person. No need to embellish by emphatically trying to turn an opinion into a fact.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
So when a judge rules someone guilty on all the charges in front of her, her ruling isn't "absolutely unequivocal"? When she finds the actions of the defendant egregious, sexual assault, predatory and that endangered the life of his victims, you don't determine that she ruled absolutely unequivocally?

You seem to be trying to blur the lines about cases that were ruled on that later turned out to be wrong. Which from a percentage standpoint happen very rarely but do happen.

That's not what was said or even suggested. What was stated was in regards to the ruling of the case. And yes, her report was absolutely unequivocal.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz

You do this a lot. You take an opinion and turn it into an emphatic fact to bolster your side of the argument ...words like "absolutely" only embellish the point. The truth is that your statement above is an opinion. There are plenty of innocent people in jail. Maybe they had bad lawyers, bad witnesses, corrupt police, overzealous prosecutors, etc. Are the judgements in those cases unequivocable and should be without question forever?

I am not saying Deshaun is innocent. I am simply saying you won. You got the judgment you wanted in terms of who Watson is as a person. No need to embellish by emphatically trying to turn an opinion into a fact.

Stating as fact that Robinson's ruling was unequivocable is 100% fact. She was black and white and most ardent about what and how she ruled on Watson. It has zero to do with innocent people in jail, corrupt police or over zealous prosecutors. The use of the phrase "Absolutely unequivocable" is because someone who was adamant we all accept Robinson's findings is now trying to dance away from the findings. . . while at the same time still calling others liars and names. Classy huh? But he had similar opinions to you your own so I'm sure you won't call him out.

I also didn't "want" anything. I didn't ever express an opinion of wanting Watson guilty or innocent - neither did I express an opinion of wanting a particular verdict or suspension. Since the suspension I have not 'wanted' the suspension to be changed.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B

They are. Some people have a problem with reading.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Rishuz

To embellish a bit..........once again, this was not a trial in a court of law. It was not a legal hearing. The hearing was about whether or not Watson violated the Personal Conduct Policy. There was not a real trial w/cross-examinations. I think Judge Robinson ruled fairly because it was the word of 4 separate women vs Watson. Since this was not an actual legal case in a court of law, I have no problem w/her decision. She made that decision w/in the parameters of the NFL rules. I think the suspension was longer than it should have been given precedence, but she thought that is what Watson deserved. I can accept her decision. However, her ruling is not a legal ruling and while people are free to believe Watson is guilty, they are wrong if they say he has been convicted in a court of law. This was NOT a court of law.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks, but it's more like they have a problem telling the truth.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
We all cherry pick statements, issues...I'll join on this COMPLETE EXAGGERATION - "endangered the life of his victims"- you were there, you're sure, and endangered life...if he was non-violent- how? Money grab by victims and lawyers.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

They are. Some people have a problem with reading.

Sure they do Peen. Then maybe you can explain how this which was posted by Vers "Agrees with her ruling"....

I understand what you are saying, but you are also assigning guilt to a person when you do not have proof of his guilt. OCD mentioned peen being like dudes in the old south, but not allowing the legal system to rule on criminal cases goes farther back than that. Back to the Salem witch trials. And even further than that......back to the Medieval times and beyond.

Maybe it's your comprehension that's the issue here.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You have decided that your opinion of which you saw none of the evidence actually carries some validity over a retired judge who saw and heard it all. It certainly does not. It appears you wish to ignore reality based on "your feelings". Good luck with that.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks, but it's more like they have a problem telling the truth.

But you can get help for that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You have decided that your opinion of which you saw none of the evidence actually carries some validity over a retired judge who saw and heard it all. It certainly does not. It appears you wish to ignore reality based on "your feelings". Good luck with that.

Isn't that the same thing Goodell is doing?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Check out the comments from this video about Examining Bias, Hypocrisy, and Racism In The Deshaun Watson Case. Folks might want to deny that many blacks feel that race is an issue in this case, but they would be wrong.

Legend
Legend
It's a free choice. However, the rest of us should be permitted to make our own choice and not receive the constant shaming because we believe in the laws of the land and don't want to be part of the mob.

[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
The video is long and I doubt people will watch the entire thing. Some won't bother to listen at all. One thing of note though is how Garrett Bush talks about how the media has handled this case. It's like I said from the beginning and continue to say it to this day. It's been a witch hunt driven by the media and accepted by much of the public. And we know that Goodell and the owners only care about their image.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So when a judge rules someone guilty on all the charges in front of her, her ruling isn't "absolutely unequivocal"? When she finds the actions of the defendant egregious, sexual assault, predatory and that endangered the life of his victims, you don't determine that she ruled absolutely unequivocally?

You seem to be trying to blur the lines about cases that were ruled on that later turned out to be wrong. Which from a percentage standpoint happen very rarely but do happen.

That's not what was said or even suggested. What was stated was in regards to the ruling of the case. And yes, her report was absolutely unequivocal.

Yes she is a former judge but is not acting as a judge in a court of law. She is acting as an arbitrator in the court of the NFL. My interpretation is that that burden of proof required in this situation is more like a civil court case - more likely than not, rather than the burden of proof in a criminal case - guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Watson: Getcha Popcorn

Link Copied to Clipboard