Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't have a problem w/those who are uncomfortable w/Watson. It's a personal choice that I respect.

I was talking about how I knew certain posters would defy the logic of the claim made by multiple analysts. Everyone understands that he chose to not play for the Texans last year. Everyone knows he got paid. No one is disputing that. However, he would have definitely been traded last year had the threat of possible criminal charges not been in the mix. Denying that is foolhardy. Furthermore, if he pays a fine that is equal to or close to last year's salary, it is not illogical to see how that is punishment.

What I find odd is that we have posters actively campaigning for the Browns to be punished on a Browns fan site. That's crazy. Not rooting for the team is one thing. Actively campaigning for them to be punished is another. I could see posting that way if you were on a neutral site or another team's site, but calling out fans of the Browns for rooting for the Browns is crazy. Hell, I get complaining about a player, a coach, FO personnel, the owner, etc. But to actually champion the cause of something that will hurt the Browns and their fan base seems cruel. Not sure what joy people have in making fans of a team miserable by constantly wishing will ill on the team.

So, in your world -- people are allowed to be "uncomfortable", just not so much so that they say anything negative about Deshaun on a browns message board? That would be "actively campaigning" for the Browns to be punished and conduct unworthy of a fan?

You know what's crazy bro? That everything you throw out as your opinion is somehow a benchmark as to whether anyone else should be judged as a "true fan".

And in this case, I don't really care which other "analysts" are pimping the idea, it is illogical.

Saying Deshaun should get "credit for time served because those meddling women prevented him from being traded" is BLAMING THE WOMEN.

If you really think the NFL is about to do a 180... after public pressure, after Sue Robinson's words and description of his actions, after "unprecedented" behavior... and blame the women? You are truly living in a world of make-believe.

You can simply refer to those women as "the allegations", but that's not going to make this fly. It's like standing in court and trying to convince the judge the car crash would have never happened, if not for your excessive speed, and blame the speedometer. It's a whack take, and I don't think you need a certain level of Browns fandom to call it what it is.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are misinterpreting my intent. That's okay.

M
Legend
Legend
M
If you are misrepresenting the posters intent - I'd say it's a lot like when someone starts off a sentence with "I'm not racist, but ...." you know the next statement is going to be racially charged/stereotyping or just flat out racist. If you call them on it they'll tell you that they qualified it .... We're into semantics. Semantics like when Watson seems to apologize to the women but he really doesn't when you look at what he actually says. It's like Vers claiming he accepts Sue Robinson's ruling but in reality, he only accepts the 6 game suspension because that's the part he likes.

Can't wait for the drama to be over. Can't wait for the news cycle to move on and stop talking about the face of the Browns team and his fate and the 26 allegations that were levied against him.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
j/c:

As I said earlier, it was a given that there would be people who would not accept the logic of argument being made by multiple sources.

That's only because there is no logic in use by the so-called analysts, and it doesn't matter how many parrot the notion, it is still a preposterously stupid notion.

The rest of the stuff you post is just drivel and senseless. To you, anyone that isn't 100% rah-rah onboard with any absurd unreality that might result in putting him on the field sooner is somehow "rooting against the team" when the ACTUAL REALITY is we're simply looking at how things really are. You want sooooooo badly to pretend that none of this is an issue and it can all be magically wiped away that you openly sign up for every crackpot thing that has been floated out there over the last six months.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
True That!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
F
Legend
Legend
F
Same people, same arguments, I'll check back next week for any real news or discussion.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Same people, same arguments, I'll check back next week for any real news or discussion.

Even if actual news happens, it'll still be the same people, same arguments, just slightly different baselines.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

Even if actual news happens, it'll still be the same people, same arguments, just slightly different baselines.

Too True.... rofl

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by steve0255
When you spin things like this to support your narrative is when people end up lashing out at you. IMHO, no one is campaigning for the Browns to be punished. Unfortunately, when you jump on board with a predator there's going to be some collateral damage.

It is sad because the Browns "being punished" is a direct response to the trade the Browns made, not anything driven by fans. When the trade was made people spoke up about THIS as their concern, but the Idiocracy considered them wrong then. Now that what was said then is reality now the Idiocracy only has the choice to blame the same people who said this is where we could end up. We were Browns fans when we didn't want to end up here to begin with, so the idea that we aren't now is just crazy.

1 member likes this: Dave
P
Legend
Legend
P
What I repeated from others that he would have been traded last year if not for the allegations.

Yet he was still traded this year with all of the same allegations and even added lawsuits since last year. If he couldn't have been traded last year with these allegations looming he couldn't have been traded when the browns rewarded him with a 230 million dollar contract. The exact same situations existed at both times.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let's see if I have this straight. It was watson who decided to sit out and take the 10+ mil. last year. So the NFL should retroactively consider the salary he chose last year as a partial form and payment of punishment being decided on this year? That the salary he agreed upon last year which is totally unrelated to any of this should be in consideration as part of the punitive stage for his actions? We'll just fire up the old time machine and..... ?

Last edited by PitDAWG; 08/16/22 03:31 PM.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Let's see if I have this straight. It was watson who decided to sit out and take the 10+ mil. last year. So the NFL should retroactively consider the salary he chose last year as a partial form and payment of punishment being decided on this year? That the salary he agreed upon last year which is totally unrelated to any of this should be in consideration as part of the punitive stage for his actions? We'll just fire up the old time machine and..... ?

Let's not confuse anyone - Watson did not agree to accept 10+M, it was what he was due on his base salary in 2021. Watson sacrificed nothing, collected his full pay, and hung out his teammates to dry being a healthy scratch each week of the 2021 season. All this drama less than 6-months after signing the second highest contract ever in the NFL. Just one other point, the Texans owner's comments about having the inmates running the prison which started the racist thing in Houston occurred in 2017. Obviously, McNair being an alleged racist had no bearing on the contract Watson signed in 2020 when he said:

"I'm lost for words, honestly. Been crying a little bit, a lot of bit, really. It's just an amazing moment for me," the two-time Pro Bowler said. "The money is amazing. It's life-changing. It's great. But the biggest thing is for the (organization) to just trust in me and believe in me that I'm their guy, I'm their quarterback is the biggest thing that really touches me."

Less than 6-months later Watson is demanding a trade because he didn't get to select the new black head coach the team selected.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think the "last year should count" narrative largely stems from a misunderstanding that him not playing had to do with his legal issues. I think we're 99% certain (translation: conspiracy theories aside) that his not playing last year had absolutely nothing to do with his legal issues. It was because he wasn't happy with the FO (which, if we can ever debate that on its own merits, would be a worthwhile debate, IMO).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
My understanding is that Watson's holdout was due to the FO and ownership's handling of the team, in general. Keep in mind, this was going down fresh off the Bill O'Brien dumpster fire and all the talent that they traded away for peanuts. Then there's the dude (I want to say the president) that nobody liked except for the owner. He was tight with BOB in terms of putting that team into the toilet... who got to bring in his buddy when the GM spot opened up. Then they went and hired David Culley who *shocker* only lasted a year.

Looking back on last couple decades of our own team, I struggle to suppress all empathy/sympathy for a player who doesn't want to be part of a running joke.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by oobernoober
My understanding is that Watson's holdout was due to the FO and ownership's handling of the team, in general. Keep in mind, this was going down fresh off the Bill O'Brien dumpster fire and all the talent that they traded away for peanuts. Then there's the dude (I want to say the president) that nobody liked except for the owner. He was tight with BOB in terms of putting that team into the toilet... who got to bring in his buddy when the GM spot opened up. Then they went and hired David Culley who *shocker* only lasted a year.

Looking back on last couple decades of our own team, I struggle to suppress all empathy/sympathy for a player who doesn't want to be part of a running joke.

Just two quick points, Culley only lasting a year could be, hell - should be, attributed to Watson refusing to play. Second, considering the history of the Browns the last 22 years, I wouldn't say that coming to Cleveland is a step up from what was going on in Houston. After all that has occurred in the last 12-months, I'd say he's jumped from the pot into the damn fire not withstanding his own self-created issues.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think the "last year should count" narrative largely stems from a misunderstanding that him not playing had to do with his legal issues. I think we're 99% certain (translation: conspiracy theories aside) that his not playing last year had absolutely nothing to do with his legal issues. It was because he wasn't happy with the FO (which, if we can ever debate that on its own merits, would be a worthwhile debate, IMO).

I am not even going to respond to the nonsense from a group of posters who are wrong about almost everything they ever say and no matter how many times they are wrong, they fight another dumb fight w/the same vigor.

However, you are mostly a logical and rational poster. Not one person is saying that Watson did not play for Houston due to his legal issues. Everyone KNOWS he chose to sit out and not play for the Texans. Everyone knows that he made that decision separate of his legal issues. Everyone knows that he was paid last year. Please don't let the guys who twist words around every day cloud your judgement about what this about.

What some insiders are saying is that the trade would have occured last year had the threat of criminal charges not a real threat as time progressed. Following? The very moment that the GJ decided not to indict Watson, teams went after Watson hard. ESPN was calling it the Watson Sweepstakes. So, the thinking is that the NFL and Watson's team are trying to find a settlement. If Watson were to pay a fine that is approximately the same as the salary he collected last year, the two sides might come to an understanding that he did miss games last year because teams would not trade for him while the criminal charges were still a possibility. That is not hard to comprehend. The thinking is that the number of games will still increase from the current 6 game suspension, but it won't be a year or an indefinite because of the amount of the fine and the fact that he wasn't traded last year due to the possibility of criminal charges. Also, none of the insiders are saying that is something independently being championed by just Watson's team, but that both sides might think a settlement is in the best interest of all considering the fact that both sides almost assuredly will not want to have this case go to Federal Court.

With all that said, no one has said that this is definitely going to happen. It's just one possibility that helps both sides reach a settlement and avoid Federal Court. It is far from illogical while at the same time I would not say it is probable. It's a possibility to try and put this process to bed. There is going to be media and public outrage no matter what decision is made. It's a no win situation for the NFL and Watson.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

I'll respond to you instead of the other insulting post from vers.

Whether you call it illogical or just unrealistic or flat wrong ... This idea that Watson served a year off because of his legal issues is 100% dead wrong. It doesn't matter what any talking head wants to say, and it doesn't matter that a Watson pom pom waving cheerleader wants to make up or how they want to try to frame the debate. And I can kill any argument as such very easily and emphatically.... The truth is those trying to suggest it might fly are taking a set of circumstances after the fact and trying to mangle them together as a plausible single themed set of events.

The reality is that it matters not whether the trade didn't happen because Watson was valued too highly by the team, or because of hesitancy by trade partners as legal issues might have been made known..... AT ANY TIME LAST SEASON WATSON COULD HAVE SUITED UP AND PLAYED FOR THE HOUSTON TEXANS BUT CHOSE NOT TO. In it's entirety it was Watson's choice. Period. The rest is a bunch of people trying to make the optics look and sound something other than the reality. End of.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
AT ANY TIME LAST SEASON WATSON COULD HAVE SUITED UP AND PLAYED FOR THE HOUSTON TEXANS BUT CHOSE NOT TO.

Ding, ding, ding!

AND he was eligible to play for any team, as per Roger Goodell ahead of the trade deadline. Goodell: "The league will exercise patience so as not to interfere with the ongoing civil suits and law enforcement investigations."

AND he could have been traded to the Dolphins, but didn't want to settle civil cases.

If Deshaun was placed on the exempt list, he would have a (weak) leg to stand on to at least ask for the league to take into consideration, as punishment, the time in which he was made ineligible to play football. That time never existed.

All reasons why Watson didn't play football last year were his own. Any hesitance by any team to trade for him were a result of his own actions. Expecting that the league would retroactively consider such time a "punishment period" is crazy!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ditto

L
Legend
Legend
L
Dear Roger and your lap dog: stop ducking around.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Dear Roger and your lap dog: stop ducking around.

It's a good thing they expedited this matter.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
would not trade for him while the criminal charges were still a possibility.

This is the part of the narrative that is the biggest falsity surrounding Watson. Though two grand jury's failed to bring an indictment at the time, in Texas, the criminal statute of limitations for rape and other sexual assault offenses (which includes oral sex without consent) that involves a victim who is 18 or older is 10 years after the day the offense took place. The civil statute of limitations for sex crimes against adults is 5 years after the date the offense occurred.

In a nutshell, the statement that Watson wasn't traded while criminal charges were still a possibility is an out and out lie because he still can be charged according to Texas law anytime during the next 7-years according to my calculations if the DA decides to take it to the GJ again. There's also almost 3-years of window left for additional civil suits to be filed by any of the 66 women not involved in the original civil suits (approx 42 I suspect).

Bottomline is that if anyone has fallen into that barrel of belief that once Mr. Harvey's ruling comes down from the NFL that this is over is walking a very thin line of hope because this thing is most likely not over yet. Just imagine in 3-months that 3-4 women come forward stating Watson forced them to have oral sex with him. This thing will explode back onto the front burner in the NFL.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Just a reminder. The Watson sweepstakes began the minute that the GJ in Texas decided not to indict Watson.

The same people who belittled me and laughed at me for saying Watson's defense team should go after the owners and that precedence be used as a defense are the same folks who are once again on the attack. They never learn from their mistakes. I do have to say that I am not the one who brought up Watson not being traded last year and initially I thought the same things as the Watson haters. However, once I heard it explained, it did make some sense to me. Again, I doubt it will happen, but it is logical and it makes some sense.

Moving on. I've brought up punishment before and haven't heard much--if any--feedback on the issue. What are your thoughts on punishment?

My thoughts are that punishment should be used as a deterrent rather than to rehabilitate. There are things I don't do in my life because of what could happen if I break the law. For example, I don't drink and drive because I don't want the punishment that comes w/being caught. I also think our penal system is a great example of how punishment fails miserably to rehabilitate those who are incarcerated. Furthermore, I think the legal system should decide who is punished and how harshly one is punished. The criminal courts have not convicted or even charged Watson w/a crime. The threat of Civil suits have led to 20+ cases being settled out of court where the accusers have been paid an agreed amount of compensation. I DO NOT believe in the the Court of Public Opinion deciding upon what is fair punishment and to play vigilante and punish those that the legal system has not.

I think about who on this board is not satisfied w/Watson receiving a 6-game suspension and ask what is their motivation? Why do they need to champion the fight for a more severe punishment that will directly hurt the Cleveland Browns and those of us who still support the team? There are posters who are uncomfortable w/Watson and I fully understand and support their feelings. However, those guys don't come here and fight for a more severe punishment. They express their feelings and leave it at that. But make no mistake, there is a small group of posters who rail against anyone w/an opposing opinion in their quest to see a man--and a fanbase--be punished more severely. They surely are driven by spite. Spite is an emotion with an unhelpful sense of justice. It is an unhealthy emotion that is often harmful and malicious. It certainly isn't productive.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/17/22 07:59 AM.
1 member likes this: Rishuz
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

It will be nice to find out the exact punishment. While this story will never end, it will at least give us some clarity on how the team will be affected.

Legend
Legend
It's going to wind up being an 11 game suspoension, with 6 games active, so he accrues an NFL season, and his contrtact advances. There will probably be a fine in the area of $8-10 million.

JMHO, of course.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's not entirely true. Teams weren't looking to pick him up because of potential legalstuff AND the Texans still wanted a haul of draft picks for their fQB. IIRC, teams were inquiring but nothing went anywhere because Texans wanted compensation as if he was squeaky clean. As to the subject at hand, I really think it comes down to the fact that he wasn't suspended, wasn't fined, and still collected his paycheck despite not playing. I HIGHLY doubt, with how aggressively the NFL is trying to look like they care, that they would go for something like that.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Peter Harvey will refrain from ruling in Deshaun Watson case until settlement talks reach impasse
Posted by Mike Florio on August 17, 2022, 6:27 AM EDT

USA TODAY Sports
Yes, settlement talks continue between the NFL and the NFL Players Association in the Deshaun Watson case. It’s no surprise at this point. It’s been the case since late last week.

Appeals officer Peter Harvey hasn’t completed the (by rule) “expedited” review two weeks after the filing of the league’s appeal of the original six-game suspension for one reason. He’s waiting until the league and the union reach impasse in their ongoing settlement talks.

The message on Monday was that a settlement remained viable. At this point, every minute that Harvey doesn’t issue a ruling means that a settlement can still happen. And because the NFL, as a practical matter, controls Harvey, he’ll wait until the NFL tells him that settlement talks have hit a brick wall.

That’s the bottom line. No ruling until no settlement.

So where could a settlement land? Watson reportedly is willing to accept eight games. The league surely wants at least 12 games. The obvious middle ground is 10 games, plus a fine that converts all or part of 2021 into an unpaid suspension by taking up to the full $10 million in salary that he received last year.

As previously mentioned, both sides need to be committed to selling to the public that last year was, as a practical matter, a paid suspension, since he didn’t play in 2021 due to the off-field issue. And that’s 100 percent accurate. But for the legal entanglement, he would have been traded to the Dolphins at some point between the middle of March and Labor Day weekend.

Now, a different deal is under the microscope. Will the NFL and the NFLPA strike a deal that avoids a ruling from Harvey and, in turn, a fight in federal court? The possibility of a settlement remains until Harvey rules.

Actually, a settlement can happen even after Harvey issues a ruling. The league surely would prefer, however, to not bang the internal gavel at something like a one-year suspension and then promptly walk it back to 10 or 12 after the union sues. The time to settle is now, before Harvey rules. And Harvey won’t rule unless and until there’s a genuine impasse.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...se-until-settlement-talks-reach-impasse/

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
It's going to wind up being an 11 game suspoension, with 6 games active, so he accrues an NFL season, and his contrtact advances. There will probably be a fine in the area of $8-10 million.

JMHO, of course.

I expected it would land here too.

L
Legend
Legend
L
It almost feels like this whole thing hinges on watson getting paid for not playing last year. Which I kind of understand, but at the same time, wouldn't it be Houston that should be upset since they actually paid it. I think a settlement is probably looking more likely. I think everyone just wants this to go away. I think 8-10 games and 10mil fine will be close to where it ends up. The fact that the NFL is even considering a settlement makes me think their case wouldn't be as much as a slam dunk in federal court as they think. I'm sure Harvey has informed them of this. Its not whether he deserves a longer suspension or not but comes down to how the PCP is worded and how its precedence for violations of this sort are written.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
So basically Harvey is not going to rule lol. It’s just a game of chicken between Watson and the NFL.

10 games and a fine IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
So basically Harvey is not going to rule lol. It’s just a game of chicken between Watson and the NFL.

10 games and a fine IMO

Harvey will make a ruling. It's all just endless speculation by the media and nobody really has any idea.

When things continued to drag out with Judge Robinson it was speculated she was holding out for Watson and the NFL to reach a settlement, which was not the case.

Tomorrow will be new speculation and the day after that will be new speculation.

Hopefully, we have an answer before Labor Day.

3 members like this: PitDAWG, oobernoober, Hammer
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
IMHO, there's a couple of items that are holding up the negotiations.

The NFL wants an indefinite suspension with a minimum of a year and Watson's ego has him stuck on 6-7-8 games with a fine. Afterll, Watson still claims he hasn't done anything wrong. Neither side has moved much off their platform.

The other item is requirements for Watson for his NFL life:
a) The recommendation from Judge Robinson that restricts his massage usage to only team employed or team approved therapists.
b) The addition of counseling with follow-ups and report backs prior to reinstatement.
c) The closing of all open civil suits and the understanding that the indefinite suspension becomes immediately reinstated if any additional suits surface, criminal or civil.

The issue I think revolves around the fact that Watson cannot admit guilt in a remorse statement because the statute of limitation is open for 10-years for criminal and 5-years for civil claims. Due to these potential open items, the NFL cannot close the case on the backend not knowing what the additional women (42 by last estimate) or what the DA might do with this situation in the immediate future. The absolute worst thing that could happen to the NFL is to close the case on the backend only to have additional civil suits arise or an overzealous DA takes the case(s) to the GJ with newly discovered evidence or admittance of guilt by Watson. The PR fallout would be unbelievable if the NFL gets this punishment wrong and more issues surface after settling.

All Pro
All Pro
j/c:

Just a reminder. The Watson sweepstakes began the minute that the GJ in Texas decided not to indict Watson.

The same people who belittled me and laughed at me for saying Watson's defense team should go after the owners and that precedence be used as a defense are the same folks who are once again on the attack. They never learn from their mistakes. I do have to say that I am not the one who brought up Watson not being traded last year and initially I thought the same things as the Watson haters. However, once I heard it explained, it did make some sense to me. Again, I doubt it will happen, but it is logical and it makes some sense.

Moving on. I've brought up punishment before and haven't heard much--if any--feedback on the issue. What are your thoughts on punishment?

My thoughts are that punishment should be used as a deterrent rather than to rehabilitate. There are things I don't do in my life because of what could happen if I break the law. For example, I don't drink and drive because I don't want the punishment that comes w/being caught. I also think our penal system is a great example of how punishment fails miserably to rehabilitate those who are incarcerated. Furthermore, I think the legal system should decide who is punished and how harshly one is punished. The criminal courts have not convicted or even charged Watson w/a crime. The threat of Civil suits have led to 20+ cases being settled out of court where the accusers have been paid an agreed amount of compensation. I DO NOT believe in the the Court of Public Opinion deciding upon what is fair punishment and to play vigilante and punish those that the legal system has not.

I think about who on this board is not satisfied w/Watson receiving a 6-game suspension and ask what is their motivation? Why do they need to champion the fight for a more severe punishment that will directly hurt the Cleveland Browns and those of us who still support the team? There are posters who are uncomfortable w/Watson and I fully understand and support their feelings. However, those guys don't come here and fight for a more severe punishment. They express their feelings and leave it at that. But make no mistake, there is a small group of posters who rail against anyone w/an opposing opinion in their quest to see a man--and a fanbase--be punished more severely. They surely are driven by spite. Spite is an emotion with an unhelpful sense of justice. It is an unhealthy emotion that is often harmful and malicious. It certainly isn't productive.

Wow Wow Wow!!!?

Have you really thought this words over before you wrote it?

Come on Vers! The reason we, you, me, everyone don’t drive with alcohol in our body is because we don’t want to hurt some innocent people. Imagine crashing into a mother with a small baby in her arms while having alcohol in your body. (Where I live we have 0,2% alcohol tolerance but in reality it’s actually zero) Good luck with excuses to the police and the judge, not to mention good luck with your future sleep and finding harmony in your life.

Did I mention how easy it is to continue living in the same city as the dead mother/baby’s family/relatives/friends.

So Vers, the reason we should not drive with alcohol in our system is off course that you and I care for others well being instead being selfish and worry about our future punishment. If I really want to shame you I could said that your reasons to not getting caught is similar to your favorite DSW. His reasoning around excuses sound familiar but maybe a unfortunate coincidence....

But my friend I won’t do that because I hope and think that you’re so much better human than that sorts of excuses.

1 member likes this: cfrs15
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I am not even going to respond to the nonsense from a group of posters who are wrong about almost everything they ever say and no matter how many times they are wrong, they fight another dumb fight w/the same vigor.

Are you talking about when some of us said watson is a predator? Which Robinson determined to be true. Or is it that some of us said that watson was guilty of the allegations? Which turned out to be true according to Sue Robinson. Or was it when some of us said with that many women involved surely watson was lying in at least some of these cases? Which Robinson found to be true.

Who was so wrong again? And who is it again that keeps fighting another dumb fight with vigor against what was proven to be true?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
AND he could have been traded to the Dolphins, but didn't want to settle civil cases.

This in and of itself debunks any claims that watson could not have been traded last season over possible forthcoming legal charges. There was actually a trade proposed by the Dolphins last season. How anyone can ignore that and make such a claim is a reach of epic proportions and totally false.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Are you talking about when some of us said watson is a predator? Which Robinson determined to be true. Or is it that some of us said that watson was guilty of the allegations? Which turned out to be true according to Sue Robinson. Or was it when some of us said with that many women involved surely watson was lying in at least some of these cases? Which Robinson found to be true.

Who was so wrong again? And who is it again that keeps fighting another dumb fight with vigor against what was proven to be true?

Remember her ruling was according to league rules and not the law. The law at this time declined to charge Watson as a criminal and did not consider him a sexual predator. There is a huge difference what Sue Robinson wrote and what is a sexual predator. She concluded that he acted in a predatory manner. She never said he was a sexual predator like you and other posters are alluding to.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
The NFL had no guidelines or requirements that called for her to call watson a predator. None. It also did not have any allegations that watson was to be judged on being a liar. Yet she did. Watson said he did nothing wrong or inappropriate against any of these women. Which even by the NFL guidelines also proved to be false.

The NFL and the claims it made against watson included nothing that called for her to determine he acted as a predator, that his actions were egregious or that he was a liar. Nothing. Those were all her independent findings based on the evidence presented to her.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson in perpetuum et unum diem

Link Copied to Clipboard