Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
This seems like a very odd, new twist to this story. You see, many including myself thought that if watson said anything or admitted the truth about what actually happened with these women it would be used against him in the lone remaining civil suit.

When the fact is it seems his unwillingness to include such language in the civil suit settlement agreement seems to be what's preventing the suit from being settled. It seems all she is asking for is that the language of the settlement agreement include language admitting wrongdoing and him getting specific counseling for his conduct.

It is a new twist, and one that wasn't helped by Watson suddenly flipping back to the original script of claiming innocence. Bro, you just settled 20-some civil suits and a retired judge wrote an essay that was half about how much of a turd human being you are. While he's working on getting the truth out there maybe he can help OJ find the killer (first thing I thought about when Watson said that).

I made sure to place the new thread in Tailgate so we don't have to hear Vers keep whining.
And when has that ever stopped you in the past? :-p

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
National Organization for Women: Deshaun Watson Suspension 'Nowhere Near Enough'

The National Organization for Women criticized the 11-game suspension and $5 million fine given to Deshaun Watson on Thursday, as agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA, saying it's "nowhere near enough."

This is probably me just yelling at the clouds (so take it FWIW), but if people are still going to be so up in arms about Watson getting let off easy, then tell us what you wanted. "More" is not an answer, either. If you're still going to be outraged for (IIRC) the longest punishment dished out for this type of infraction (in the NFL) then you should have something specific in mind. If not, it sounds like they are more mad at the NFL than anything else... or just want to be mad for being mad's sake.

/rant

Originally Posted by PitDawg
"We respect his opinion," Browns co-owner Dee Haslam told reporters when asked about Watson proclaiming his innocence. "I do think in counseling Deshaun will learn a lot more about himself."

Dee with the smack upside the head. I like her more and more I hear from her.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
You do realize that simply not being a sexual offender nor supporting a sexual offender isn't a sign of virtue, right?

Neither is beating that drum of yours.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I know everyone acted like my signature was crazy and were outraged by it. Then Sue Robinson called him a predator. If you're going to call me out man up and do it. Don't half ass it.

She didn't call him a predator. She said he engaged in predatory behavior. If you're going to beat your chest/white-knight this like you are, you should at least read and understand what she wrote.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
So leave if you’re so miserable.
It was nice having you on the board, as a fellow fan.
Sounds like you’re no longer a fan. Bye.

I'm not going anywhere but thanks for showing you think you have some right to dictate who posts on this board.

Taking a page out of your buddy Vers's playbook, I see. For two people that can't stand each other, you two sound remarkably similar.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by oobernoober
So leave if you’re so miserable.
It was nice having you on the board, as a fellow fan.
Sounds like you’re no longer a fan. Bye.

I'm not going anywhere but thanks for showing you think you have some right to dictate who posts on this board.

Taking a page out of your buddy Vers's playbook, I see. For two people that can't stand each other, you two sound remarkably similar.

Jesus! It never ends on this freaking board.

Legend
Legend

We should call him Vice VERSa. grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: FATE, MemphisBrownie, oobernoober
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Those women got paid. They got what they wanted.
Funny how money can wash away the so called trauma
They endured..If the sight of a body part bothers a massage
Therapist , then they are in the wrong business.
It's time to move on for all parties involved.
Amanda Berry endured 100000x worse at the hands
Of Ariel Castro and she survived and is doing well.
These women can move forward or wallow "woe is me"

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You have it backwards. I'm not telling people what to post, where to post or how to post. And objecting to and being disgusted by a sexual predator doesn't make you a white knight. It makes you a normal human being. And speaking of disgusting human beings........

Disgusting behavior from some Browns fans defending Watson

You stay classy Cleveland.

The situation surrounding Deshaun Watson is a serious one. Nearly 30 woman have accused the Browns quarterback with sexual misconduct and 24 filed lawsuits.

All of them have been settled out of court except for one.

After an appeal when he was originally suspended for six games, Watson will now miss the first 11 games of the season and faces a $5 million fine.

“(I apologized) for everybody that was affected by this situation,” Watson said after the suspension was announced. “There were a lot of people that were triggered.”

“We have unbelievable fans,” Browns owner Haslam said. “The fan support has been outstanding. Our ticket sales are great. Our corporate support is outstanding. We are not naïve enough to think that there are not some people who disagree with that. It is our hope that over a period of time, we will win them back.”

Well, some of those “unbelievable” fans are doing something that’s pretty unbelievable.

While it’s only been a small number of Browns fans, incredibly inappropriate and disgusting signs and shirts were seen during Cleveland’s first home game of the preseason on Sunday.

One photo shows a man reportedly selling t-shirts outside FirstEnergy Stadium that read, “b**ch give me a massage.” Another photo shows a man with a boy that could possibly be his son holding extremely offensive signs.

Watson has not been charged with a crime and is innocent until proven guilty, but these kind of messages attacking his accusers is beyond disgusting.

Hopefully these kind of shirts and signs will be confiscated by the people in the Browns organization.

Watson did not dress for Sunday’s game against Philadelphia.

The Browns lost 21-20 to the Eagles.

https://www.audacy.com/937thefan/sp...bgqnwWCM2_zpvXThytYeYw30H-UEy1aGDFBcOgXQ

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
She didn't call him a predator. She said he engaged in predatory behavior.

Trying to split a very fine hair really doesn't work.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
You do not know what she was asked or not asked to do, you were not in any investigative meetings, the hearing, or any follow up meetings. You assert points that you cannot prove as you have no intimate knowledge of the process. So keep your help to yourself, you know far less than you care to admit and you only care to see the end finding, and only of that which you wish to see.

Making up some hair brained scenario in your mind with no basis with which to make such a claim is all you have left. But I heard they're selling some T-Shirts outside the stadium that may help you feel better about supporting a predator.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FrankZ
You do not know what she was asked or not asked to do, you were not in any investigative meetings, the hearing, or any follow up meetings. You assert points that you cannot prove as you have no intimate knowledge of the process. So keep your help to yourself, you know far less than you care to admit and you only care to see the end finding, and only of that which you wish to see.

Making up some hair brained scenario in your mind with no basis with which to make such a claim is all you have left. But I heard they're selling some T-Shirts outside the stadium that may help you feel better about supporting a predator.

You can't actually counter the point you don't know what was asked so you deflect.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You mistakenly dropped the other part of that statement... but I'd take splitting hairs over intentionally or unintentionally misrepresenting what many/most on here read and understood.

She did not call him a predator. If you're going to keep beating that drum trying to make a point, you can at least get it right.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You mistakenly dropped the other part of that statement... but I'd take splitting hairs over intentionally or unintentionally misrepresenting what many/most on here read and understood.

She did not call him a predator. If you're going to keep beating that drum trying to make a point, you can at least get it right.

That would not fit the agenda.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You have it backwards. I'm not telling people what to post, where to post or how to post. And objecting to and being disgusted by a sexual predator doesn't make you a white knight. It makes you a normal human being.

You don't tell people what to post, but if someone does post something that isn't 100% in lockstep with what you're saying you'll twist what they're saying and conclude they support an act that, many times, they have explicitly said they don't. They can post whatever they want, but they'll just get dragged into one of the many arguments you have going where they mostly are just restating what they have already said because you try to twist it into something it's not.

If your posting style over the past several months could even be remotely characterized as "objected to and being disgusted by a sexual predator", then you'd be right. By your logic you'd be a normal human being (again, if that were the case).

-PrplPplEater
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I just watched the Predator movies starting with the Arnold Schwarzenegger
One In 1987. I didn't see DW in any of those
I even looked at the Nashville Predators roster. He isn't listed
As a forward or goalie .

L
All Pro
All Pro
L

This thread is so full of all sorts of stuff normal people distance themselves from but this made me curious.

In your mind what the the difference between a "predator" and someone who's "predatory behavior" was egregious? It sounds like you are saying it doesn't apply because she didn't use those exact words, but I'd think that a really odd stance. Thanks for responding in advance!

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You don't tell people what to post, but if someone does post something that isn't 100% in lockstep with what you're saying you'll twist what they're saying and conclude they support an act that, many times, they have explicitly said they don't.

That sounds exactly like what you're doing now. If someone tells you they hate steak while they're eating a T-Bone, what do you call that? I know people hate hearing it and wil do anything to defend it, justify it and rationalize it, but it is what it is.

They can post whatever they want, but they'll just get dragged into one of the many arguments you have going where they mostly are just restating what they have already said because you try to twist it into something it's not.

How can you drag someone into something they claim they don't want to be a part? You do understand people have free will, correct? They can engage or not engage in whatever threads and disagreements they so desire. You must have missed it. People said they were tired of talking about watson. That it did not belong in Pure Football. That it should be posted in Tailgate where people would ignore it and the thread would die. But did you see the results when I did that? Other than the preseason game threads it's the most active thread on Dawgtalkers. Yeah, that's my fault forcing all those people who don't want to discuss it anymore to keep discussing it.

Maybe you should focus a little more on the people who claim they do not condone watson's actions. Oh, wait a minute, "do not condone" sounds a little mild doesn't it considering his deeds? Look, for anyone who claims to hate the things watson has done to sit here and argue about still supporting the franchise he is the face of is an obvious choice of priority. As human beings we all make our decisions and base our support on what means the most to us. I have loved the Browns for well over 55 years. They have been an intricate art of my life. I have been on one form of Dawgtalk/Dawgtalkers since the team returned in 1999. That hasn't made me a better fan than anyone else but it certainly makes me as good a fan as anyone else.

And then there's the made up BS that it's all about Mayfield. I watched the Browns send Bernie packing for Testaverde. I was a huge fan of Bernie. To say I was upset about that is a huge understatement. But you see, I was certainly a much bigger Browns fan than a Bernie fan. Not so much when it came to Mayfield. I supported him as our QB bec ause he was a Brown and did take us to the playoffs when healthy. But getting an upgrade at the QB position was something that woud have been quite understandable to me. But not at any cost.

But when it comes to priorities I have a very clear choice here. Support the women who were abused and take a stand against the abuse of women or not. Put a football team as a higher priority in my life than the abuse of women who have been marginalized, mistreated and traumatized or not. People can claim that's not what they're doing. They can rationalize that continuing to support an owner who obviously rewarded watson knowing this very well may blow up in his face and in the face of this fan base. Who claimed they did some major investigation when it's obvious that they didn't. And they can convince themselves they aren't supporting watson but supporting the team instead to make themselves feel better. They try to shield themselves by claiming it's not the person they support but the uniform. Well maybe they don't understand that when you wrap up crap as a Christamas present, once you unwrap it you still end up with crap.

This really isn't complicated. If you support the Browns you support watson. The future success of this franchise rests squarely on his shoulders. I mean unless you wish to dismiss the vast majority of posters who claim that to be true. They claim that gives the browns a chance of making and winning the SB every year he remains at the QB spot. That means more to them than watson's victims. Because just as it always is, actions speak louder than words. Excuses do not explain your actions. You can claim that what I'm doing is trying to twist their words. What I'm actually doing is showing that their words are very hollow when you look at their actions. Their actions explain everything.

If your posting style over the past several months could even be remotely characterized as "objected to and being disgusted by a sexual predator", then you'd be right. By your logic you'd be a normal human being (again, if that were the case).

It can easily be described that way. Because that's what I've done all along. And that's the problem. People seem focused more on style more than substance. I'm sarcastic and I'm snarky. I point out the hypocrisy of claims like people saying they support the Browns but not watson. People don't like that and I get that. They have made a clear choice that watching the Browns have a good possibility of winning a SB is more important on their priority list than taking a stand against a predator who sexually abused multiple women. That's certainly their right to do so. But they need to stop pretending and rationalizing it like that's not what they're doing. No matter how pretty the wrapper.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
As a forward or goalie .

Once again using humor to deflect away from a sexual predator helps explain a lot.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Making up some baseless claim isn't something that anyone rational would attempt to do in the first place. And trying to defend against something pulled out of thin air isn't either.

Sue Robinson made her findings clear. Making up some supposed backroom conversation that you have zero evidence of is nothing short of throwing darts while blindfolded.

My agenda? Defending women who are victims of sexual abuse. Your agenda? Acting like people shouldn't.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

So acting in a sexually predatory and egregious behavior isn't being a sexual predator in your world? Got it.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Are you then not watching the Browns this season, or until Watson is no longer on the team?
All good if that’s your choice. Just curious.

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I watch a lot of NFL games and will also be watching the Browns games when they're televised in my area. Living in Nashville there will be very few of those. I used to get the NFL Ticket and watch every Browns game.

I've tried to explain this before but will try yet again. I'm not saying that I hate the Browns. I'm not saying that I am going to boycott watching Browns games. I have many close friends who are browns fans and we have been friends for decades. Many have shared their feelings that seem to closely align with my own. The wording they use may be different but the end results are the same.

To me at least, being a fan rises to a certain level. Fan is short for fanatic. That's what I have always been to this point in my life. I bought and wore the gear, I watched every game by purchasing the NFL ticket, broke down all of the players, the schemes and statistics. I no longer hold that passion. To me the Browns are now just 1 of 32 franchises in the NFL.

I have always been an avid NFL fan. That hasn't and won't change at least for now. I'm not sure if I will watch browns games or not once watson returns and becomes the starter. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

The watson debacle does not change me being a fan of the NFL or the game. It does however greatly change my fandom and passion for the browns. Before this I would never believe I would feel this way. But at least for me there are limits and I have reached it.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
By supporting the nfl, aren't you in fact supporting the Browns, and DW?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Making up some baseless claim isn't something that anyone rational would attempt to do in the first place. And trying to defend against something pulled out of thin air isn't either.

Sue Robinson made her findings clear. Making up some supposed backroom conversation that you have zero evidence of is nothing short of throwing darts while blindfolded.

My agenda? Defending women who are victims of sexual abuse. Your agenda? Acting like people shouldn't.

You made the claim about what the NFL did not say to Robinson. In that claim is an implicit claim about knowing what was said. You do realize you can't say what what wasn't said without knowing what was, right?

You make an assertion then deflect when you cannot back up your assertion to try and make it look like someone else made your assertion.

Yes, you have an agenda. You don't like that the team went the way they did and you willing to use the women's suffering to further that agenda. You didn't seem to have much to say about Watson until the Browns started looking.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

I think you can casually watch the Browns but only if you don't root for them… ?

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A

I think you can casually watch the Browns but only if you don't root for them… ?
Oh. and larry will be back tomorrow, folks. (not you, portland) I'm sure he'll have an excuse.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
As a forward or goalie .

I set up with my predator call last night. I think this might be him:

[Linked Image from charlotteobserver.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
I watch a lot of NFL games and will also be watching the Browns games when they're televised in my area. Living in Nashville there will be very few of those. I used to get the NFL Ticket and watch every Browns game.

I've tried to explain this before but will try yet again. I'm not saying that I hate the Browns. I'm not saying that I am going to boycott watching Browns games. I have many close friends who are browns fans and we have been friends for decades. Many have shared their feelings that seem to closely align with my own. The wording they use may be different but the end results are the same.

To me at least, being a fan rises to a certain level. Fan is short for fanatic. That's what I have always been to this point in my life. I bought and wore the gear, I watched every game by purchasing the NFL ticket, broke down all of the players, the schemes and statistics. I no longer hold that passion. To me the Browns are now just 1 of 32 franchises in the NFL.

I have always been an avid NFL fan. That hasn't and won't change at least for now. I'm not sure if I will watch browns games or not once watson returns and becomes the starter. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

The watson debacle does not change me being a fan of the NFL or the game. It does however greatly change my fandom and passion for the browns. Before this I would never believe I would feel this way. But at least for me there are limits and I have reached it.

This was a lot of words to say you are still a fan of the NFL but no longer a fan of the Browns.

Why are you still posting on a Browns board then?

1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. The infection never ends.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: FATE, MemphisBrownie
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by LexDawg

This thread is so full of all sorts of stuff normal people distance themselves from but this made me curious.

In your mind what the the difference between a "predator" and someone who's "predatory behavior" was egregious? It sounds like you are saying it doesn't apply because she didn't use those exact words, but I'd think that a really odd stance. Thanks for responding in advance!

I'm picking stuff out like this because if he's going to be the board police on this topic he should at least get it right.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
You don't tell people what to post, but if someone does post something that isn't 100% in lockstep with what you're saying you'll twist what they're saying and conclude they support an act that, many times, they have explicitly said they don't.

That sounds exactly like what you're doing now. If someone tells you they hate steak while they're eating a T-Bone, what do you call that? I know people hate hearing it and wil do anything to defend it, justify it and rationalize it, but it is what it is.
Then you need to get your eyes checked, go back and re-read... REAL slow this time. While you're at it, re-read Portland's posts as well.

They can post whatever they want, but they'll just get dragged into one of the many arguments you have going where they mostly are just restating what they have already said because you try to twist it into something it's not.

How can you drag someone into something they claim they don't want to be a part? You do understand people have free will, correct? They can engage or not engage in whatever threads and disagreements they so desire. You must have missed it. People said they were tired of talking about watson. That it did not belong in Pure Football. That it should be posted in Tailgate where people would ignore it and the thread would die. But did you see the results when I did that? Other than the preseason game threads it's the most active thread on Dawgtalkers. Yeah, that's my fault forcing all those people who don't want to discuss it anymore to keep discussing it.
You (a single poster) have roughly half the total posts in this thread. It's impossible to have a rational conversation on here on certain topics because you inject your shtick (see above). So everyone else who has even a slightly differing opinion from you has to avoid all these threads because the onus is on them to be the bigger person. [/quote]

Maybe you should focus a little more on the people who claim they do not condone watson's actions. Oh, wait a minute, "do not condone" sounds a little mild doesn't it considering his deeds? Look, for anyone who claims to hate the things watson has done to sit here and argue about still supporting the franchise he is the face of is an obvious choice of priority. As human beings we all make our decisions and base our support on what means the most to us. I have loved the Browns for well over 55 years. They have been an intricate art of my life. I have been on one form of Dawgtalk/Dawgtalkers since the team returned in 1999. That hasn't made me a better fan than anyone else but it certainly makes me as good a fan as anyone else.

And then there's the made up BS that it's all about Mayfield. I watched the Browns send Bernie packing for Testaverde. I was a huge fan of Bernie. To say I was upset about that is a huge understatement. But you see, I was certainly a much bigger Browns fan than a Bernie fan. Not so much when it came to Mayfield. I supported him as our QB bec ause he was a Brown and did take us to the playoffs when healthy. But getting an upgrade at the QB position was something that woud have been quite understandable to me. But not at any cost.

But when it comes to priorities I have a very clear choice here. Support the women who were abused and take a stand against the abuse of women or not. Put a football team as a higher priority in my life than the abuse of women who have been marginalized, mistreated and traumatized or not. People can claim that's not what they're doing. They can rationalize that continuing to support an owner who obviously rewarded watson knowing this very well may blow up in his face and in the face of this fan base. Who claimed they did some major investigation when it's obvious that they didn't. And they can convince themselves they aren't supporting watson but supporting the team instead to make themselves feel better. They try to shield themselves by claiming it's not the person they support but the uniform. Well maybe they don't understand that when you wrap up crap as a Christamas present, once you unwrap it you still end up with crap.

This really isn't complicated. If you support the Browns you support watson. The future success of this franchise rests squarely on his shoulders. I mean unless you wish to dismiss the vast majority of posters who claim that to be true. They claim that gives the browns a chance of making and winning the SB every year he remains at the QB spot. That means more to them than watson's victims. Because just as it always is, actions speak louder than words. Excuses do not explain your actions. You can claim that what I'm doing is trying to twist their words. What I'm actually doing is showing that their words are very hollow when you look at their actions. Their actions explain everything.

Don't worry about what I and others focused on. I have explained my feelings on Watson as well as the whole saga several times. If you've missed it while you're twisting another portion of the post, that's on you and I'm done calling out the methods you use to debate as well as your need to argue even when an argument isn't there. Calling it out again probably won't do anything.

The made up BS about Mayfield is just that. Made up. It's not even worth mentioning. I'm not the board police and I have no interest in debating all things Mayfield anymore since he's not on the team.

re: your very clear choice.... ok, how exactly do you support women who were abused and take a stand against the abuse of women? Do you actually DO anything, or is your support simply limited to the confines of a internet message board frequented by (what I assume is) a small % of fans of a single football team? I say this sincerely and honestly, with the holier-than-thou attitude absolutely dripping from your posts I hope you do more than patrol an internet message board.

-PrplPplEater
4 members like this: jfanent, FATE, MemphisBrownie
M
Legend
Legend
M
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's not him. He isn't wearing the number 4 Browns jersey.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Oh. and larry will be back tomorrow, folks. (not you, portland) I'm sure he'll have an excuse.

There is no excuse needed. The NFL actually stepped up to the plate at least to some extent by insisting on a longer suspension and a fine. Watson on the other hand is still saying he didn't do anything wrong. I understand it's difficult for you to understand simple concepts but that's an issue your family has to deal with, not me.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Rishuz
This was a lot of words to say you are still a fan of the NFL but no longer a fan of the Browns.

Why are you still posting on a Browns board then?

Because I choose to. You still can't seem to digest that many people claim fandom when they aren't fanatics. Many people that post on this board I wouldn't consider rises to actual definition of fanatic.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Don't worry about what I and others focused on.

Oh I don't worry about it. I just pay attention and make observations. And here you are. It seems more than a bit odd that those claiming they don't care about it and no longer wish to hear about keep reading these threads and responding to them. I guess it's easier to blame someone other than them for that.

how exactly do you support women who were abused and take a stand against the abuse of women? Do you actually DO anything, or is your support simply limited to the confines of a internet message board frequented by (what I assume is) a small % of fans of a single football team? I say this sincerely and honestly, with the holier-than-thou attitude absolutely dripping from your posts I hope you do more than patrol an internet message board.

I do a lot more. Having known women who have experienced such things has driven me to do so. I also work to help other causes and charities. I however do not do these things to brag about it on the internet or make a public display of it. So I'll leave it at that.

Like I said, anyone who doesn't like this thread isn't forced to respond. And often times when thy do it's to pile on and be a follower of others like arch does. Like I said, if you don't like steak stop eating it. Nobody is force feeding it to you or anyone else.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
As I click back to see all four new posts are from Pit, I realize...

You (a single poster) have roughly half the total posts in this thread.

...only Pit would see that and read "underachiever". rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: jfanent, archbolddawg, FrankZ
A
Legend
Legend
A
There is no excuse needed. The NFL actually stepped up to the plate at least to some extent by insisting on a longer suspension and a fine. Watson on the other hand is still saying he didn't do anything wrong. I understand it's difficult for you to understand simple concepts but that's an issue your family has to deal with, not me.

Nice barb.

So, you got what you wanted from the nfl. What more do you want?

Also, by supporting the nfl, you are in fact supporting the Browns, and by default, DW.

If you feel so passionately about it, perhaps you should quit watching the nfl.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 08/23/22 03:01 PM.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Perhaps you should come to grips with facts. TV contracts are signed in advance. Me watching NFL games on TV will not change what the NFL is making from any network televising their games. It has zero impact on the NFL's income.

watson is a Cleveland brown. He is the face of the franchise. Any news about him and this story is news about the browns. I will post that. I will respond to those who complain about it. As I said, Haslam made him the face of the franchise and he's all yours now. Did you click the link showing the signs and the T-shirts being sold outside the stadium? You know, do you have anything of substance to comment about on something that actually happened or has all of your focus now being directed towards me rather than the fallout from watson?

I think you've already made that pretty clear. And you're not alone.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Watson.... The Infection That Never seems To End

Link Copied to Clipboard