Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
As I click back to see all four new posts are from Pit, I realize...

Originally Posted by oobernoober
You (a single poster) have roughly half the total posts in this thread.

...only Pit would see that and read "underachiever". rofl

Only I am here reporting the fallout of what happened to these women and reporting on the fallout in the aftermath. The rest don't want to hear it. But rather than ignore it or stand up for these women they would rather support a sexual predator and make me the target of their ire. No wonder people think society is going to hell.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Only I am here reporting the fallout of what happened to these women and reporting on the fallout in the aftermath. The rest don't want to hear it. But rather than ignore it or stand up for these women they would rather support a sexual predator and make me the target of their ire. No wonder people think society is going to hell.

Someday they will make a movie out of your fight for justice on here.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Rishuz
M
Legend
Legend
M
The hero we need. Not the hero we deserve.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Actually expecting common human decency isn't as uncommon as people on this board would lead others to believe.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Actually expecting common human decency isn't as uncommon as people on this board would lead others to believe.

It's not quite "With great power comes great responsibility" but I'm sure the writers can work with it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
The hero we need. Not the hero we deserve.

I would actually say it's the opposite.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Are you seriously championing yourself as the lone voice against evil.... on a message board of a team you're no longer even a fan of? Good Lord.

[Linked Image from theglobepost.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
He's trolling because he has nothing better to do.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I guess you don't consider sexual assault as evil and that there is no list you can refer to on here standing in line to support those women. Better luck next time.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg

And yet here you are.....

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Jimmy Haslam is to blame for the vile T-shirts and signs in support of Deshaun Watson

All bets were off once the Browns owner sided with his QB’s talent over decency

Talent trumps anything in the NFL — and Jimmy Haslam knows that.

“We strongly believe [Deshaun Watson] deserves a second chance,” the Cleveland Browns owner said last week. “We gave Kareem Hunt a second chance and that worked out pretty well.”

A few days later — marching to the beat of the drum that Haslam started playing — a couple of disgusting “adults” showed up at the stadium in “support” of their star quarterback. There was a man selling T-shirts that read “B!+c# GIVE ME A MASSAGE!” in the team’s colors, along with what appeared to be a father-and-son duo that showed up with signs “F THEM HOES” and “FREE WATSON.”

Way to stay classy, Cleveland.

Beyond being a reminder that the Browns are a franchise that will always welcome talented players who have done bad things to women, Haslam gave every man — and woman — that doesn’t believe women, or always assumes that they’re lying about unwanted sexual acts or advances that have been made against them, the green light to act like this is a conversation about redemption when it’s solely about revenue.

If Watson weren’t good at football, Haslam wouldn’t have signed him to the largest guaranteed deal in NFL history. He doesn’t care about Watson’s soul, he cares about his investment. And that’s not an opinion, it’s a fact.

“And you can say, ‘well that’s because he’s a star quarterback.’ Well, of course,” said Haslam about what’s the real reason why the franchise is standing behind Watson.

In a series of tweets last month, ESPN reporter Kimberley A. Martin chronicled some fan reactions toward Watson at practice. The scene of children frolicking toward him was frustrating. And it’s not like it was the kids’ fault, as the blame is on their parents. I mean, how else do you think they got there? Somebody had to take them to practice so that they could get autographs and a pair of their “hero’s” cleats.

It’s a far cry from how things were last summer for Watson, as he was caught on camera walking off the field at a Houston Texans practice when he asked the media, “Why y’all always filming me every day? It’s the same s#!+,” as if he isn’t the reason why he had at least 24 sexual misconduct lawsuits filed against him.

The way you walk and talk changes when you’ve realized that you’re Teflon in your team owner’s eyes.

Over the next few months, it will be interesting to see how fans — of all ages — respond to Deshaun Watson. Will he get booed on the road and be supported at home? Or in a few months, will people have “moved on” to focus solely on football?

But what we do know is that those kids who were holding up signs and getting autographs from Watson were there because of their parents. And when you realize that those kids will one day become parents, you start to understand how this cycle continues.

https://deadspin.com/jimmy-haslam-is-to-blame-for-the-vile-t-shirts-and-sign-1849446316

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by EveDawg

And yet here you are.....

So you're only a champion certain women?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I champion against sexual abuse. Pay attention.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Browns HC Kevin Stefanski on 'hot seat' amid Deshaun Watson suspension?

Cleveland Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski has endured quite a roller-coaster ride filled with ups and downs since he earned Coach of the Year honors for the 2020 season, his first in charge with the organization.

Then-Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield experienced a serious injury to his non-throwing shoulder in Week 2 of the 2021 campaign that ultimately derailed Cleveland's playoff hopes and resulted in the beginning of the end of Mayfield's tenure with the franchise. This past March, the Browns controversially traded with the Houston Texans for star signal-caller Deshaun Watson even though he still had allegations of sexual misconduct during massage sessions hovering over his playing status at the time.

Stefanski and company now know Watson will serve an 11-game suspension that officially begins later this month, and the Browns seem happy to "stick to our plan" of starting journeyman backup Jacoby Brissett through the end of November until Watson is eligible to return.

One would think Stefanski would receive somewhat of a free pass for the upcoming season considering all that's happened. ESPN's Jake Trotter disagrees and explained for a piece published Tuesday why he believes Stefanski is "on the hot seat" in the closing days of summer.

"No Browns head coach has survived three full seasons since Jimmy Haslam bought the team in 2012; Stefanski is now entering his third season," Trotter noted. "And though he won NFL coach of the year in 2020 while guiding the Browns to the playoffs, last year's losing season was a massive disappointment. The pressure is now on Stefanski to get Cleveland back in the postseason despite enormous turmoil at quarterback surrounding Deshaun Watson. Although he spearheaded the Watson trade, Haslam has never demonstrated patience as an owner. If the Browns struggle under the circumstances, the heat could fall on Stefanski."

Cleveland traded Mayfield to the Carolina Panthers in July, and the 27-year-old was recently named that club's starter for at least the Week 1 home game versus none other than the Browns. Stefanski may have some difficult questions to answer if Mayfield out-performs Brissett en route to guiding Carolina to an opening-week win.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...OSSr5seKtWt5LrHH8kYkAS2wo5lDbqcXQZsM73gk

Haslam always finds a fall guy for the messes he creates. I doubt this coming season will be any different.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You either did not read that article or are making a real troll move. The only sentence in that entire piece that comes close to backing up the title is:
If the Browns struggle under the circumstances, the heat could fall on Stefanski.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yeah, no coach surviving three full seasons since Halslam bought the team is no indication that Stefanski may be on the hot seat. I guess you get out of it what you put into it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I champion against sexual abuse. Pay attention.

So you are saying you are ok with verbal abuse against women. Got it.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, no coach surviving three full seasons since Halslam bought the team is no indication that Stefanski may be on the hot seat. I guess you get out of it what you put into it.

rofl Let me try my hand at your method of proving a point: No coach that's won a playoff game for the Browns has ever been fired by Haslam.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The clustertruck broke down in the most simplistic terms.......

Baker Mayfield in Carolina? Deshaun Watson in Cleveland? Jacoby Brissett starting the opener? – Terry’s Talkin’ Browns

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Talking to myself about where have all the quarterbacks gone:

QUESTION: What do you think of Baker Mayfield starting in Carolina?

ANSWER: No surprise. He’s better than Sam Darnold. If healthy, Mayfield is above average.

Q: Don’t you think...

A: Think about this: A year ago, the Browns were coming off an 11-5 season and a playoff victory over Pittsburgh. The only QB question was if the Browns should give Mayfield a lucrative 4-year extension. He had many moments in 2020 when he seemed like a long-term answer at QB for the Browns.

Q: That is true. Seems like a long time ago.

A: After the 2020 season ended, Deshaun Watson was “furious” with the direction of the Houston Texans. He had just signed a four-year, $156 million contract extension with that team. He was unhappy with how the roster had been handled during the 4-12 season.

Q: Didn’t he ask to be traded by Houston?

A: Yes, he did. He also insisted he would not show up for training camp. As time passed, word of the civil suits against him from massage therapists was made public. The Texans and Watson were in a standoff. Watson wanted a trade. Houston wasn’t going to trade him.

Q: But then he was traded, right?

A: To the Browns for six draft picks, including three first-rounders. And now he has the NFL’s highest guaranteed contract – $230 million, including a no-trade clause.

Q: How did all this happen in a year?

A: And Mayfield is preparing to face the Browns on Sept. 11 as Watson begins his 11-game suspension.

Q: How am I supposed to keep track of all this?

A: Which brings us to Jacoby Brissett. Who could have imagined the Browns’ 2022 opening day QB would be ... Jacoby Brissett?

Q: Where was he last year?

A: Brissett opened the 2021 season as the backup to QB Tua Tagovailoa in Miami.

Q: Is Case Keenum still the backup in Cleveland?

A: Nope, that was in 2021. He’s now with Buffalo. Brissett was supposed to be the backup to Watson this season, and that’s the plan whenever Watson plays. But for now, it’s Joshua Dobbs, who was the No. 3 QB in Pittsburgh in 2021.

Q: I thought the Browns had Josh Rosen?

A: They do, but probably not for long.

Q: He was in the same 2018 draft with Mayfield, right?

A: Rosen went No. 10 to Arizona. Cleveland is his sixth team.

Q: His sixth team in five years ... YIKES!

A: I expect him to be cut before the season. He was with Atlanta last year. He hasn’t started a regular season game since 2019.

Q: This is crazy. A year ago, I thought the Browns were set with Mayfield. I thought they’d be a playoff team for several years. I thought ...

A: All of us thought wrong, as it turned out. Even Watson, who first rejected a trade to Cleveland in the spring, then changed his mind when the Browns made him the mind-blowing contract offer.

Q: So the Browns will open with Watson suspended, Brissett starting and Dobbs as the backup.

A: Probably ... maybe ... unless they find another backup QB.

Q: How am I supposed to follow all this? Baker was in Cleveland, but now he’s in Carolina. Watson was in Houston, didn’t want to go to Cleveland ... changed his mind and did. Brissett was ...

A: Just stop unless you want a migraine. We know this – someone in an orange helmet will be taking snaps for the Browns all season. Let’s start there.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...Afzf4-B9EsaipVV_qmu9yT5hrhmlTcNelM1eB2Io

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So you didn't like the article. Color me shocked. You may wish to take a look at that headline again and think. It's a question, not a statement. Punctuation is important.

Last years fall guy is in Carolina. Since watson's contract is fully guaranteed the only question left is who will be the fall guy this year? Stop pretending it can't be anyone including Stefanski.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
You either did not read that article or are making a real troll move. The only sentence in that entire piece that comes close to backing up the title is:
If the Browns struggle under the circumstances, the heat could fall on Stefanski.

The headline of the story reads...

Browns HC Kevin Stefanski on 'hot seat' amid Deshaun Watson suspension?
By Zac Wassink  |  Last updated 8/23/22

and the guy who wrote the headline is "By Zac Wassink" .

The link to the story is https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...OSSr5seKtWt5LrHH8kYkAS2wo5lDbqcXQZsM73gk

Pitt didn't write it and he sure as hell isn't a 'troll' for posting the story..!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
No big deal mac. That's how they deal with things they don't want to hear. They attack the messenger. They want this to all go away like it never happened. And if you report and post on it, they attack you and try to make you the problem. I mean read this thread. watson committed sexual assault, not me. Haslam made watson the face of the franchise, not me. And while you would think that would enrage normal people, instead their outrage is towards me. They still fail to realize that I don't give a damn about what they think. I was raised well enough to know you don't roll over and accept a sexual predator. This fan base has the perfect opportunity to send that message to Haslam. But instead they are welcoming a sexual predator into the fold. Sad, very sad.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
No big deal mac. That's how they deal with things they don't want to hear. They attack the messenger. They want this to all go away like it never happened. And if you report and post on it, they attack you and try to make you the problem. I mean read this thread. watson committed sexual assault, not me. Haslam made watson the face of the franchise, not me. And while you would think that would enrage normal people, instead their outrage is towards me. They still fail to realize that I don't give a damn about what they think. I was raised well enough to know you don't roll over and accept a sexual predator. This fan base has the perfect opportunity to send that message to Haslam. But instead they are welcoming a sexual predator into the fold. Sad, very sad.

Even worse, all those dirty, filthy Browns fans have a shining (depending on the DT board color scheme selected, I guess) beacon of justice and morality RIGHT HERE.... and they still act like this!

SHAME!

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It's not an act. Sexual abuse against women is disgusting by any normal persons standards. When the one continuing to talk about it is a bigger focus than the perrpitrator of those acts it speaks volumes.

Like showing a man at the stadium with a child standing next to him. The man holding a sign that says, "F them hoes" and the boy with a matching sign that says "Free watson".... Not a peep from anyone on this board. A man selling T-shirts outside the stadium saying "Give me a massage B!+c#!" and not a word about it. Yet more disgusting behavior. And yet you didn't have a word to say about it. Rather than do that you focus on me. Like I said in the post you quoted which seems to bother you.

Are you saying that sexual abuse against women is something anyone should consider normal and not be outraged by? Is that not a bare minimum of decency and morality? Is that some standard you think isn't normal? Because it seems you are far more outraged at me being honest than you are about what watson did. At least you are certainly placing more focus on me than you are him. Sad.

If you think standing by women who have been sexually abused and expecting what people that consider themselves as normal to do the same then I highly question your standard of what a "beacon of justice and morality" is. All that takes is a decent human being. All you have to have is an ounce of compassion for the victims of sexual abuse. But I see you think I'm the bigger problem. Just like I pointed out above in the post you quoted.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I don’t think the fact that you post news of Watson has those who at least agree with you on some level upset. It’s your non stop sanctimonious garbage you spew about the other people on this board. If people don’t think in lock step with you they become complicit in sexual assault.

The fact is you are no longer a fan of the Cleveland Browns yet you feel the need to come here and constantly post negative things about the team. You are no different than those who come here and post in the smack shack.

#gmstrong
8 members like this: EveDawg, jfanent, oobernoober
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I post about watson here. There shouldn't really be a "lock step" issue about a man who is a sexual predator. You either support a sexual predator being the face of the franchise or you don't. Nobody has to read the thread. Nobody has to post on this thread. That's their choice. Can you tell me what is sanctimonious about expecting what are otherwise normal people standing against a sexual predator as the face of this franchise? Can you explain what's so unrealistic or judgemental about expecting people to stand up and stand behind woman who are victims of sexual abuse?

If this were happening with any other team in the NFL many of these same people would be outraged. The only reason they're not is because of the uniform he wears. That's not a me problem.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not that you're interested... I mean, that you (allegedly) read my last few posts and think I'm outraged is proof that you have some SERIOUS reading comprehension issues.

I've posted my thoughts on Watson. That is a serious issue and my thoughts are there back when we were discussing this seriously.

What you're doing here is something different and it's a joke. Your posts sound more about stroking your own ego to look like shining example of morality (and shouting down the only female who's posted in this latest thread, ironically enough) than anything real. This thread will die when myself and others are done making fun of you because you've made serious dialogue impossible.

And that's the sad part. You've made a serious discussion into a joke.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: archbolddawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
I know you too well. If you'd done anything to stop or prevent abuse, or help charities, etc. you'd have posted about it.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
I know you too well. If you'd done anything to stop or prevent abuse, or help charities, etc. you'd have posted about it.

Obviously you don't really know me at all. Maybe you would, but not me.

I don't spend my time on here talking about every event in my child's life. Nor do I talk about many events and hobbies I have like umpiring baseball games. Nor do I talk about the private life and or sexuality of my child. I don't talk about the vehicles I own. I don't talk about allowing my child to handle guns.

That would be you arch. I'm a relatively private person when it comes to my personal life. It's not that I never mention it, but I rarely do.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And sadly you once again have proven my point. You and others have made it about me and not the pervert you continue to support by your very actions. I have posted articles, stories and responded to fools who have nothing left to do but belittle someone who is standing up against a sexual predator. Not that you're interested.

And once again, standing up against a sexual predator is not some standard of a shining example of morality. That only requires an ounce of human decency. A very different standard. Sadly it's amazing how many don't meet it.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
When asked how tough it is to not be Watson on the field, Brissett responded, "It's very easy for me not to be Deshaun."

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
And sadly you once again have proven my point. You and others have made it about me and not the pervert you continue to support by your very actions. I have posted articles, stories and responded to fools who have nothing left to do but belittle someone who is standing up against a sexual predator. Not that you're interested.

And once again, standing up against a sexual predator is not some standard of a shining example of morality. That only requires an ounce of human decency. A very different standard. Sadly it's amazing how many don't meet it.

I would literally pay to see you "standing up against a sexual predator" for real (to be clear... by "for real" I mean actually doing something vs posting to a message board from home). How do you have the time to "do a lot" for victims of sexual assault and other charities/causes after your ongoing righteous crusade on here?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
New movie: Illegal Aliens vs Sexual Predators

(blatantly stolen from National Lampoon's)

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: jfanent, FATE
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm on here in the mid morning and early afternoon. Otherwise I'm not. You do realize there are 24 hours in a day, right? Would you like for me to invite you to Nashville so you could witness my work first hand? I didn't think so. Just another personal shot focusing on me rather than the sexual predator. No surprise there.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
So now you've officially crossed over from messageboard-moral-authority to internet-tough-guy. Your journey is now complete.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Tough guy? How, by asking if you would like an invitation to come and witness my charity work first hand? You're hilarious.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
You're hilarious.

That was the goal.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Mission accomplished.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Obviously you don't really know me at all. Maybe you would, but not me.

I don't spend my time on here talking about every event in my child's life. Nor do I talk about many events and hobbies I have like umpiring baseball games. Nor do I talk about the private life and or sexuality of my child. I don't talk about the vehicles I own. I don't talk about allowing my child to handle guns.

That would be you arch. I'm a relatively private person when it comes to my personal life. It's not that I never mention it, but I rarely do.

If you don't like how I post or what I post, don't read it. but you obviously DO read it. Not accurately, of course, which is typical of you, but you obviously read it, and remember it.

Many others have posted personal things as well. Just as you have. I'll post as I see fit. See how that works?

1 member likes this: jfanent
A
Legend
Legend
A
And when you reply to me, could you please list exactly what I'm 'allowed' to post about? According to you.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Watson.... The Infection That Never seems To End

Link Copied to Clipboard