Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
So this was a game to look at the bottom of our roster.

Brussett didn't play last wee I was hoping to see him get a series or two.

Anyways Dobbs looked pretty good and I wanted him to end up here out of college. he word is he is very smart and he looked real good out there and is a threat to run.

Bell looks like the real deal. We got that one right.

Johnson finally looked good and can be traded rather than Hunt. Man its a shame that kid Kelly won't make the team. we will keep Ford over him but that kid played hard I like that.

Alex Wright is a good football player and can give Garrett and Clowney a rest in games.

Our DBs overall as a unit is really good and they all are playing hard and fast. Again for us to win this season our Defense will have to put up some donuts.

The kid York can kick now if his head doesn't get messed up we got a winner!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Good point about Wright. He’s got some oomph to him and can be a player for us. i noticed him being “sudden” a few times yesterday

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Hard to draw much from this type of game.

This is an evaluation game for coaches looking at players on the bubble and rookies.

I feel a little better about the receivers. I feel worse about the DL.

The DT play was lousy. It is an area that Berry will need to address.

Dobbs is a better player than what I was led to believe.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
EO...great to hear from you..was hoping you would continue with your "what I saw"..hope all is well.

My take away from this game..overall the Browns depth appears to be getting better. I have not taken the time to review the game but your take on the players mentioned I agree with.

Take care... thumbsup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Dobbs look cool and collected. He made safe conservative throws
And kept the chains moving
Oline looked in sync as far as run blocking goes.

Defense failed to come up with a takeaway .
That's concerning
I rarely saw a DT penetrate in the backfield and cause
The Eagles RB to have to change direction.

Schwartz looks so overwhelmed.only 4 yds on a end around I watched a Eagles WR
Run a route and complete the catch for 55 yds
How come Schwartz can't do that ?
It was a basic go route out burn downfield

Wyms made a nice catch and high pointed the ball
For a 37 yd gain

Legend
Legend
I saw Backups playing Backups, so there wasn't much to takeaway from this, however:

The Schwartz Experiment may need to be done. There are others who are simply providing more than he is able to. He may get another year just to see if he can develop, though... it won't be easy for them to give up on his speed.

Winfrey was invisible.

The catch on the sideline by the one T-E (hyphen intentional because they're all hyphenated) was hilarious because it looked like he wanted to hurdle the tackler at the sideline, but he could only get like 2" of vertical rofl

I don't know what we have starting at DT, but what we have as backups is disappointing.

A couple of the backups at DE flashed, but nobody seemed to show much consistency. Lots of "flash in the pan", but no consistent sizzle even against backups and guys that will be working landscaping jobs in two weeks.

Dobbs didn't look bad, but I think that he didn't look overtly good, either. I feel like there were a lot of throws that would have been six the other way if better players were out there on defense. If we lose Brissett, it will wipe out the season for certain.

Not many penalties, which was great, but lots of mental errors in terms of missed coverages and such. BUT, nobody was playing defense, so perhaps a bit of that was just the result of vanilla plays after practicing against each other for a few days.

Rosen is done. He looks like he is just going through the motions out there while being a day late and a dollar short on every play.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I agree w/Rosen … he seems to know he’s done too. He carries himself nonchalantly and is way behind the other QBs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Dobbs has looked good in preseason, but I have one burning question about him:

[Linked Image from cleveland19.com]

Does he have eyebrows and what's the story there?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
He has alopecia... I had it as well... auto-immune disease that causes your hair to fall out... I haven't read too much on him but think he has alopecia totalis, which means all of his hair has fallen out.... I had alopecia aereata which caused my hair to fall out in patches..... I had to shave my head for three years until the patches eventually grew back after months of very painful steroid shots...

<><

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I know a couple of people that have alopecia. While your post may have been made in jest - it was just low class.

Legend
Legend
I know a handful of people who have had both types. I actually didnt know he had it, but I never paid that close of attention

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
I know a couple of people that have alopecia. While your post may have been made in jest - it was just low class.

No, I had no idea what the deal was, and honestly just thought they were super thin or he shaved them. So you can shove your low-class comment, you're all low class.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by jaybird
He has alopecia... I had it as well... auto-immune disease that causes your hair to fall out... I haven't read too much on him but think he has alopecia totalis, which means all of his hair has fallen out.... I had alopecia aereata which caused my hair to fall out in patches..... I had to shave my head for three years until the patches eventually grew back after months of very painful steroid shots...

Thanks, jaybird, I've heard of that disease but had no idea he had it. And FYI, I was curious, not mocking. You just don't see that every day.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Is that the thing Will Smith!s ‘wife’ had?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Yeah Rosen surprised me last week this week took a turn to why he is a bust. He lost his confidence and with that went his feet and game.

Dobbs could be a good backup QB.

End of 2nd half clock management by Ski...terrible clock management 101 then he calls the timeout to send out the fs unit on what the 2 yard line Makes me wonder???

guys I cannot post much right now. Pinch nerve in neck from hospital bed and TV placement, arranging epideral then should be OK.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Eagles 21 What I saw Preseason game #2

Link Copied to Clipboard