Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Didn't watch the game, don't know much about this controversy, but...

A. He doesn't look down to me in that pic. He's on top of the other player and I don't think a calf counts until we have a knee (I could be wrong).

B. If the ball is deflected, I don't there is any room for a ref to determine how it affected the ball, it basically nullifies intentional grounding (could be wrong again).

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Donte Whitner on the broadcast team for this Oregon St vs. Fresno St game. Always fun to see the broadcast teams for the less viewed college football games.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Donte Whitner on the broadcast team for this Oregon St vs. Fresno St game. Always fun to see the broadcast teams for the less viewed college football games.
I was watching that game too. I love a good LATE Saturday night game on the couch with a full slate of NFL tomorrow on tap

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: Milk Man
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I enjoy College football. Other than Notre Dame I really don't dislike anyone although sometimes I get a little tired of the same teams playing for the National Championship. I usually root for the underdog and love the upsets!!

2 members like this: Ballpeen, Jester
B
Legend
Legend
B
I liked when the MAC had a TV deal and played on Thursday night. May have been back when guys like Rothlesburger and Pennington were playing college ball.

It doesn't have to be OSU or Alabama to watch a good football game. In some ways, even better. Most of those guys know the odds of a payday in the pros are slim. They are giving it their all and playing to be a part of the game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I liked when the MAC had a TV deal and played on Thursday night. May have been back when guys like Rothlesburger and Pennington were playing college ball.

It doesn't have to be OSU or Alabama to watch a good football game. In some ways, even better. Most of those guys know the odds of a payday in the pros are slim. They are giving it their all and playing to be a part of the game.
I actually really agree. One of my favorite parts of football season is watching the mid-major type teams on Tues, Wed, and Thurs nights. I don’t watch them much, but it’s cool to see them have their spotlight. And it kind of is an appetizer to the weekend.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt it is good football. The local UTC Mocs aren't fun to watch go to Auburn and get drilled by 45(not that I would watch that game) but I do enjoy going to a game and watch them play another FCS level team such as VMI or Montana.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Brice Young has 77 yards going into the 4th….so does he still have the Heisman wrapped up? rolleyes

Ask Mike Greenberg. He usually has those things figured out after week 1.

I am surprised Alabama did not move up to 0.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
4 members like this: jfanent, Rishuz, Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
No doubt it is good football. The local UTC Mocs aren't fun to watch go to Auburn and get drilled by 45(not that I would watch that game) but I do enjoy going to a game and watch them play another FCS level team such as VMI or Montana.
The Bowling Green game from last weekend was so exciting. I was watching it on and off (it went like 5 OT)

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I liked when the MAC had a TV deal and played on Thursday night.

Don't worry, it'll be back in November... Between ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and CBS Sports Network Tuesday and Wednesday nights are pretty full of "MACtion". Lord I hate myself for typing that word.

I get why they do it - the exposure - but as a Toledo and MAC fan I loathe everything about the midweek games.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bigdatut
I liked when the MAC had a TV deal and played on Thursday night.

Don't worry, it'll be back in November... Between ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and CBS Sports Network Tuesday and Wednesday nights are pretty full of "MACtion". Lord I hate myself for typing that word.

I get why they do it - the exposure - but as a Toledo and MAC fan I loathe everything about the midweek games.
Yeah starting in a few weeks there will be a MAC game on every tues and Wednesday. I just enjoy it because it gives me more nights of football lol

Legend
Legend
What happened to Nebraska football. Good Lord.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
ND has been fortunate by a couple of calls

Legend
Legend
Yep. That imaginary offsides on ND's missed field goal was huge.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
No doubt about it

Legend
Legend
I hate it when tOSU plays these tight games.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Bowling Green took out Marshall in OT in an exciting game. Kind of feel sorry for the Herd. Beat Noter Dame one week, then lose to a horrible BG team on national TV the following week.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
As of now, Georgia is by fat the best team IMO. They look extremely good.

Things can change, but they’d be my pick .. followed by OSU/Bama obviously.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
--I agree that Georgia looks to be the best team in the land. It's early, but they are loaded and playing great.

--It was nice seeing Penn State beat the living daylights out of Auburn in Birmingham.

--App State continues to amaze!!!

--Man, the crew doing the Purdue/Syracuse would not stop calling penalties on Purdue until Syracuse finally won it w/7 seconds left. That was disturbing to watch.

--Brian Kelly, former ND coach and current LSU coach is so freaking unlikable. He ruins QBs w/his constant berating of them. I think it's okay to be tough on qbs, but he is on them in such a demeaning way. So derogatory. And that fake southern accent when he got hired by LSU.... rolleyes

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted by jfanent
No doubt about it

I wish they had a view that was right down the line. 4th down lineman from the bottom (the one who did the quick swim through the middle of the line) is definitely a full head further forward than his teammates, but it's impossible to tell where he is in relation to the ball from the angle I saw.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The funniest thing I saw on College Game Day this week......

Texas A&M paid Appalachian State $1.5 million to play against them and they lost. That’s straight-up embarrassing. Here is country music star and graduate from Appalachian State Luke Combs on College Game Day.....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Donte Whitner back on the call again with some Mountain West action with San Jose St.

Another Ohio State product, Dustin Fox, out in Provo calling the BYU spanking of Wyoming.

Long live the Mountain West conference.

Legend
Legend
K state knocks of Oklahoma … I’m always stunned at how bad OU’s defense is. They are a sieve every season

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Some good games yesterday. Clemson/Wake Forest was entertaining and went into OT. The parts I saw of the Arkansas/Tex A&M game was good. Glad Kansas St beat Oklahoma. The TUN/Maryland game was a good game. I didn't watch it, but the score of the Kent St/Georgia game was surprising.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The Polls although not that important right now are laughable, UGA Struggles against Kent State KENT STATE and remains #1 while OSU Smashes Wisky and remains #3 and Xichigan at #4 is crazy their 1st 3 games were against the easiest schedule in America and then they struggled to beat an average Maryland team? It is truly amazing, just keep winning Buckeyes and these pollsters can't keep you out! Also let's quit messing around and initiate the 12-team playoff NOW!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Kent state really did hang in there. UGA is probably the best team but they played lackluster Saturday.

OSU/PSU will be the first test for the bucks

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Kent state really did hang in there. UGA is probably the best team but they played lackluster Saturday.

OSU/PSU will be the first test for the bucks

I agree PSU will be our first real test but after watching them a couple times their only chance is their run game to keep the ball away from us but I don't think they can keep up ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Air Force on probation for 2 years due to recruiting violations during covid.

Link

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
This Tulane/Houston game has been great

M
Legend
Legend
M
That was a great game. The Green Wave on their 3rd string QB.

USTA covered the spread as nearly everyone expected.

UCLA's helmets and uniforms are top 7 in uni rankings. Camera refuses to pan out and show absurdly small crowd. UCLA needs their own stadium near campus.

Legend
Legend
Man, Oklahoma STINKS!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Low scoring game but the Iowa Sate vs Kansas game was a fun one to watch. Kansas is now 5-0 and the students stormed the field.

Feel bad for ISU's freshman kicker. Brutal day.

Legend
Legend
Georgia looked terrible vs Missouri … Bama got by Arkansas with an injury to Young.

OSU at MSU next week

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Browns fair catching legend Jim Leonhard getting to show what he's got as a HC!

Legend
Legend
Fair catch GOAT!

Legend
Legend
Kinda surprised they did it mid season … but Wisconsin is behind the times with their football team

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Leonhard is an up and coming coach. He looks to have a bright future. But yeah, I agree that it's not usually a good idea to fire a coach during the season.

R
Legend
Legend
R
On the Ken Carman show just a bit ago they said they are hearing Joe Thomas could be a dark horse candidate and that he's interested in the job.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football 2022

Link Copied to Clipboard