Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
BADdog #1999535 01/11/23 11:19 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Biden took top secret documents. Period. That he knows about it, but can claim he doesn't, speaks to his mentality.

Regardless - biden had top secret documents, some relating to Ukraine (I wonder what that could be about), and now there are more in a different location.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. The FBI ought to be raiding his homes soon.

BADdog #1999539 01/11/23 11:36 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
Biden didn't have anything. They were in a meeting room. And no one knew they were there.
Is that a good thing?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Legend
Legend
A
And it was known a week before the election, but is just now coming out? https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-irresponsible-stashing-secret-documents-185037501.html

FATE #1999542 01/12/23 12:18 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
I have an idea -- why don't we just fix this going forward.

The new rule: All Top Secret Documents are Belong to Us.

You remove them from where they live, it is a criminal act. That includes everyone from Jeff in the mail room to the POTUS.

Great, except we already have laws for these docs, and in both cases, they may have been broken. You don't get punished with future laws, Fate; you get punished with the ones on the books when you broke the law. Trump should go to jail, Biden should be investigated, and if guilty, charged,

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/12/23 12:19 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
No crap. Doesn't mean you don't correct stupid before it has the chance to be stupid again. Top Secret = off limits for anyone's leisure reading or for those who may "mistakenly place" them.

1 member likes this: mgh888
FATE #1999591 01/12/23 11:19 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Biden didn't have anything. They were in a meeting room. And no one knew they were there.
Is that a good thing?

Not a good thing. It's very concerning. It's very serious and needs to investigated and light shined on it. It needs to be addressed fully. But the implication by some that this is the same as what trump did - no.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Swish #1999593 01/12/23 11:25 AM
Legend
Legend
Raid the WH and search for classified documents immediately!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Funny how the goal posts have moved. Originally it was "trump had classified stuff", and now after biden has the same thing, it's "trump had more, and he didn't return them", mean while, Biden had them (and who knows how many more he has?????? He certainly hasn't come out and said "I have some" - they got discovered.

What has been lost over the years? Ukraine documents? How many more are there? People bitching about trump damn well better bitch about biden. If not, they are 2 faced boot suckers based on politics. Period.

Obviously in your blindness you don't see the difference between the two situations. It was Biden's own people who found them. They voluntarily turned them over immediately. No subpoena was needed. No search warrant was needed because he lied about having hundreds more.

In your wanna be gotchya moment, at the time I posted that there was no evidence that any other president had secret documents after leaving office. Now there is . Investigate it just like they did trump. And BTW- so far even after lying to the FBI and hiding hundreds of documents trump hasn't been charged with a crime. Even after refusing to comply with a subpoena trump hasn't been charged with a crime.

Those who refused to bitch about trump better not bitch about Biden. But naturally that ship has already sailed.

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999628 01/12/23 01:09 PM
Legend
Legend
Funny how the goal posts have moved

What? That thinking is insane. The goal post is exactly where it’s always been. (R) beside your name, FG GOOD. (D) beside your name, FG BAD.

You didn’t even post in this thread until now rofl Proving that you’re ignorant here or you didn’t give the trump case any credibility to begin with. But now Biden is guilty as sin. We get it.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/12/23 01:28 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
FATE #1999648 01/12/23 01:54 PM
Legend
Legend

You remove them from where they live, it is a criminal act. That includes everyone from Jeff in the mail room to the POTUS.

I think that's pretty much in place already.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot

I think that's pretty much in place already.

yes and signed into law by trump. You cant make this stuff up

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #1999728 01/12/23 07:02 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Funny how the goal posts have moved. Originally it was "trump had classified stuff", and now after biden has the same thing, it's "trump had more, and he didn't return them", mean while, Biden had them (and who knows how many more he has?????? He certainly hasn't come out and said "I have some" - they got discovered.

What has been lost over the years? Ukraine documents? How many more are there? People bitching about trump damn well better bitch about biden. If not, they are 2 faced boot suckers based on politics. Period.
Biden didn't have anything. They were in a meeting room. And no one knew they were there. So no Biden doesn't have the same thing.

My goal posts haven't moved. You are comparing them to other people's.

I think trump having classified stuff is wrong but not egregious. He was president and had unfettered access to them. End of term gets chaotic (especially his) and things happen. I think Biden having those classified items where they were is wrong but not egregious. He was vice president and had unfettered access to them. End of term gets chaotic and things happen.

The difference is biden found then and said oops my bad, here you go. Trump denied having them tried to hide the fact that he had them, refused to return them even with a subpeona and he sat there say my precious.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #1999839 01/13/23 01:07 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
The part that was egregious was lying that he turned them all over. Defying a subpoena and after months still refusing to turn them over to the point that a search warrant was needed to get them. But they never allow facts to get in the way.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I'm late to this party, and have only read the posts on this page, but what were the classifications? I see the article at the top use the words "confidential documents", and if that is saying that the docs were classified as only Confidential, this is Mt Everest being made from a molehill.

It wasn't just confidential. It was Secret and top secret.. See below

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/01/1120...p-secret-documents-held-by-trump-matters

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Swish #2000214 01/16/23 08:38 AM
Legend
Legend
Just Clicking..

Trump had documents he shouldn't have.. It appears that he had them against the law.

Biden had documents he shouldn't have.. It appears that he had them against the law.

One doing it doesn't relieve the other from punishment.

It's idiotic to think otherwise.

Hang them both on equally strong rope!

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Just Clicking..

Trump had documents he shouldn't have.. It appears that he had them against the law.

Biden had documents he shouldn't have.. It appears that he had them against the law.

One doing it doesn't relieve the other from punishment.

It's idiotic to think otherwise.

Hang them both on equally strong rope!

Republican's are asking for Bidens visitor logs. They should also be asking for trumps visitor logs.

Joe Thomas #73
Swish #2000267 01/16/23 12:50 PM
F
Legend
Legend
F
I think the bigger questions.

How did either end up with documents?
How many other former Presidents have some?
Who keeps track of this stuff to begin with?

Trump having them is a bad thing, Biden also having some leads to a lack of proper tracking of such documents.

Hell, they know when you check out a book at the library, but classified documents are just handed out without any sort of sign out or tracking system?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you have nailed the biggest issue in the entire debacle.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

Trump having them is a bad thing, Biden also having some leads to a lack of proper tracking of such documents.

Hell, they know when you check out a book at the library, but classified documents are just handed out without any sort of sign out or tracking system?

Agreed... would also add, what exactly were the documents? I understand that they are 'top secret' and 'classified'... but feel we overly classify things in this country.. I'm curious how critical the documents are to our national security...

also, asking for Biden's home visitor logs is ridiculous... I understand he's the president but who keeps a visitor log for their personal home?

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #2000283 01/16/23 01:49 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird

Agreed... would also add, what exactly were the documents? I understand that they are 'top secret' and 'classified'... but feel we overly classify things in this country.. I'm curious how critical the documents are to our national security...

also, asking for Biden's home visitor logs is ridiculous... I understand he's the president but who keeps a visitor log for their personal home?

Those were my questions as well when it came out that Biden also had documents. I mean, Trump is your basic petulant child, so that was no surprise; and it seemed his biggest undoing was refusing to give them back. But Biden was VP, and his trail of docs appears to be anything but secure.

We probably won't be privy to the content of these docs, which just serves to power the rumor mill. But what constitutes "classified" and "top secret", and why can anyone remove them from their place?? Absurd.

Then I read of some underling that took home some docs, for work, during COVID lockdown -- and is now in prison.

Hopefully this prompts some strict rules that are actually enforced from top to bottom, this has been a joke. And while we argue about Trump and Biden, the rest of the world laughs.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, PerfectSpiral
FATE #2000284 01/16/23 02:05 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird

Those were my questions as well when it came out that Biden also had documents. I mean, Trump is your basic petulant child, so that was no surprise; and it seemed his biggest undoing was refusing to give them back. But Biden was VP, and his trail of docs appears to be anything but secure.

We probably won't be privy to the content of these docs, which just serves to power the rumor mill. But what constitutes "classified" and "top secret", and why can anyone remove them from their place?? Absurd.

Then I read of some underling that took home some docs, for work, during COVID lockdown -- and is now in prison.

Hopefully this prompts some strict rules that are actually enforced from top to bottom, this has been a joke. And while we argue about Trump and Biden, the rest of the world laughs.

The rules are always different for the wealthy criminal..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
The rules change because we allow them to be changed. We deserve the leaders we get. Vote responsibly.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually it hinges on whether it was with the intent to retain those documents. I mean I don't make the laws and I won't venture a guess either way whether it was or was not with the intent to keep them in this case, but the way the law is worded is that it's criminal of you tried to keep them.

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1924

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000290 01/16/23 02:36 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
In this case "retain" would mean to hold or possess. So taking them to an unauthorized location and keeping them there.

FrankZ #2000292 01/16/23 02:38 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You forgot this part.....

with the intent to retain such documents or materials

re·tain
/rəˈtān/

continue to have (something); keep possession of.
"built in 1830, the house retains many of its original features"

absorb and continue to hold

hang onto
cling to
cleave to
maintain
continue
preserve
reserve
conserve
perpetuate
cherish

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000293 01/16/23 02:41 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You forgot this part.....

with the intent to retain such documents or materials

I literally defined the word "retain" how did I forget that part when I literally defined it.

1 member likes this: FATE
FrankZ #2000294 01/16/23 02:44 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, no you didn't. I posted the very definitions of the word and nothing you post will change that. Thinking you are being sly my using some far fetched semantics that simply do not apply won't work.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000295 01/16/23 03:20 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No, no you didn't. I posted the very definitions of the word and nothing you post will change that. Thinking you are being sly my using some far fetched semantics that simply do not apply won't work.

There is nothing far fetched about the definition.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/r/retain/ see number 2.

You have, yet again, assumed your skewed Merriam Webster definition of a word holds in a legal discussion, especially because it doesn't support your blind rage.

I really pity people who have to be around you on a daily basis. It has to be a miserable existence. Go get help.

1 member likes this: archbolddawg
FrankZ #2000296 01/16/23 03:24 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You do understand that when you turn something over voluntarily your intent is not to hold and keep it, right?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000298 01/16/23 03:32 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You do understand that when you turn something over voluntarily your intent is not to hold and keep it, right?

You do understand that was not the original discussion and you are now moving the goal posts.

knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials

That's the part you bolded. That is the part I responded to.

turn something over voluntarily
is no where to be found in that.

FrankZ #2000299 01/16/23 03:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll allow you to bask in you honesty believing that you have some clue to what a legal definition means with your extensive legal background Attorney Frank. Oh, that's right. Never mind. People can clearly understand what "intent to retain" means.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000301 01/16/23 04:14 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'll allow you to bask in you honesty believing that you have some clue to what a legal definition means with your extensive legal background Attorney Frank. Oh, that's right. Never mind. People can clearly understand what "intent to retain" means.

Two of your tropes in one.

Just because it is inconvenient to you doesn't mean it is wrong.

What's your credentials again?

FrankZ #2000307 01/16/23 04:24 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Try using some context. Bask Attorney Frank, bask.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000313 01/16/23 04:52 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Try using some context. Bask Attorney Frank, bask.

Try using some understanding.

Your contention seems to boil down to this. If you take classified documents someplace that you are not authorized to take them it is only a crime if you don't give them back when asked. That is idiotic. One of the issues raised with the Mar-a-largo bit wa shaving FBI agents that were not authorized to even look at what they were seizing. But it is only a crime to not give them back?

I gave you an accepted definition of "retain" that was "To keep in possession or use" which fits in this case. If you take them you have retained them. This is not even complicated.

Your ego does not allow you to be wrong. You really need to seek help with that.

PitDAWG #2000315 01/16/23 05:01 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Actually it hinges on whether it was with the intent to retain those documents. I mean I don't make the laws and I won't venture a guess either way whether it was or was not with the intent to keep them in this case, but the way the law is worded is that it's criminal of you tried to keep them.

Well, since we know Biden got them no later than 2016 (he got them as vice president under Obama) I would say their was intent to keep the classified documents, wouldn't you? I mean, he had them for 6 years.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Well, since we know Biden got them no later than 2016 (he got them as vice president under Obama) I would say their was intent to keep the classified documents, wouldn't you? I mean, he had them for 6 years.

Sounds like he "retained" them.

FrankZ #2000330 01/16/23 07:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Sounds like he "retained" them.

Do you have forensic evidence? Dental records?? Then it doesn't count here at Dawgtalkers.

FrankZ #2000419 01/17/23 12:11 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
If Biden knew they were there, yes. But if his intention was to retain them, why did he voluntarily turn them over? No subpoena was needed. No search warrant was needed because he refused to turn them over.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000433 01/17/23 12:42 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He retained them until he gave them back. Retention is not a forever thing nor does it need to be forceful. Retain = possession. He possessed until he didn't.

If you steal a car it isn't forgiven just because you give it back. The theft is the first crime. In this case the documents were stored (retained) which is the alleged crime. Refusing return could be additional crimes, but that was not what your original comment showed.

FrankZ #2000462 01/17/23 01:55 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sadly you seem to ignore the word intent. Secondly you must prove who actually stole the car. Personally I think it sucks the way some of these laws are written. They protect politicians and that works the same way for both parties. I'm not an attorney, I do however think it would be very hard to convince a jury that someone who handed these documents over voluntarily had the intent of keeping them. Who knows. But since no charges were ever brought in the case of trump, what do you actually expect the results of this will be?

I think everyone will walk away without any actual legal penalty.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus FBI Raid pt. 2

Link Copied to Clipboard