Print Thread
#1973418 09/24/22 08:19 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I will be brief I guess I will type as long as I can.

What a game if the announcers mentioned TJ Watt one more time I was going to explode...smh

Brissett is playing great. The only problem I have with him is that he is all PRE SNAP READ...once he does that he locks onto that WR we have been fortunate that his reads have been successful.

What a cheap dirty play the defender made of course I'm talkin Steeler ball those dirty bastards.

Walker messes up his leg - screams out as you can see and is laying on the ground. The dirty Steeler bastard then Jumps in the air and lands on top of AN INJURED PLAYER. Announcers claim at first that the flag was thrown for that DEED....in typical Steeler fashion under the protection of Goodell No penalty called. How do they get away with cheap dirty stuff like that. I have no respect for that TEAM...

Chubb is amazing - Ummm guys we are going to run the ball to our left and LET YOU KNOW What we are doing and you CANNOT STOP US EVEN knowing ahead of time. Its amazing!!!

We had injuries and the stupid announcers just couldn't comprehend that GARRETT was playing hurt!! DL has no depth. I was pleased at the depth of our LBs as we got hurt and Phillips and Taki stood up and did a good job!

What is going on with our special teams? I cannot remember a team ever being 2 for 2 in FAILING their ON SIDE KICK tasks....really, are you kidding me!!!

Sorry I can't bring more detailed expsure of the game. I can only view the game once and just follow the ball. Many details is viewed when utilizing the stop, rewind and view again and again for every detail. I just physically cant do it any more and I don't know how to record from viewing via FIRE STICK to get Prime video bs....I pay for NFL NETWWORK, NFL TICKET and now they got this PRIME VIDEO for Thursday night football... boo

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
2 members like this: mac, FATE
Legend
Legend
From my chair this was the game we were looking for.

Tip of the hat to Andrew Berry. He saw that Brissett could run this offense. He knew that for Jacoby to be successful he had to have a receiver who was precise. He made the trade to get Cooper.

Those two moves put this offense into motion. We run a version of the WCO. It is based upon timing and precision. The ball has to come out on time.
The receivers have to be in time to the qb drop. It requires trust.

The Steeler game showed that trust is beginning to happen.

The Steelers knew the Browns would run. They set up the defense based upon run blitz packages. Flood a zone close off cut backs.

It did not work for two reasons. Stefanski's game plan and play calling. He threw the ball to Cooper. When the Steelers began to rotate coverage.
He called Njoku's number for slants and seam routes.

When the box opened. He went dawg and ran the ball to Chubb and Hunt.

On defense in the first half the Steelers were moving the ball in the air on on the ground. However, we were not giving up chunk plays. Their receivers made some big plays but the coverage was not bad.

In the second half the defense stepped up. After losing starters Phillips, Taki and Fields made plays. Phillips settled in when he stayed on the field instead of rotating.

The Browns controlled the LOS and time of possession. That is huge when your offense is based upon running the ball and play action passing.

The third and one pass to Cooper in the second half proved that. Jacoby had run the sneak before. They brought in Dunn as a fullback. The Steelers sold out on the run. Great call by Kevin. Cooper will always win against that coverage.

I can not remember when a Browns team flat out kicked the Steelers ass in a physical game. You could see how pissed they were. Jawing at each other. Playing dirty ball. Pushing, shoving, grabbing masks, piling on. They were getting beat and resorted to chap shots.

The Browns stayed disciplined. Great game.
==========================================================

Negative Special Teams. Priefer better gets his act together. There is no excuse for 12 on the field during special team play. It happened twice on one play last year and twice against the Steelers. An assistant coach is supposed to be counting heads.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
EO, you mentioned the dirty play but when I watched a replay yesterday, I also noticed one of their DBs after making a tackle, well after the play and as our player started to get up, gave his ankle a twist. I don't know how hard he did it, but it reminded of the time the Michigan player pulled off an Ohio State player's shoe after a play. Bush league.

I agree & I think that team is coached to do those kinds of things. I know James Harrison would always hit late and lead with his helmet. That is why Ryan Shazier was so severely injured on that hit against the Bengals player. He just lowered his head and drove it straight into the players back. Everyone knows you are not supposed to tackle that way.

1 member likes this: eotab
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
EO...did you happen to see who was the lead blocker for Chubb's 4th qtr TD...?

It was The Great Dane..! grin

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
EO glad to see you posted. I've kept you in my prayers. As for the game I thought Kevin Stefanski did a great job. He knows O and I hope he's our coach for a long time. The D played better but our ST's leave something to be desired. They need work. Just a thought. I think Andrew Berry is a darn good GM who I hope we have for a long time also. He may have overrated our DT spot, but it can be rectified with a call to Suh and Richardson or someone else we may not know about. Maybe a DT on a non-contending rebuilding team could be had for a draft pick who knows.

1 member likes this: Jester
T
Legend
Legend
T
Analytics= not being able to close out a game so it won't come down to recovering an onside kick.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
good game on a network that nobody has

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Legend
Legend
It is really messed up.

I pay for directv package and it is not on that. Which is bs.

The same thing with appletv taking the braves broadcast and I can not watch the game.

What is the deal? These sources pay for tv rights and then block the broadcast from stations you pay for?

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Unfortunately the only way to change things is not to watch and therefore they cannot get Advertising. But as fans they know we will do anything to watch our teams. They started doing it this summer with Yankee games. I get Prime Video with my "Fire Stick" but then they started with Prime Video + (Plus) and pay more money for that. Lucky I'm not a Yankee fan but many family & Friends are. I thought same for our game but it was on regular Prime Video. ONLY THING TO DO...is bombard the NFL office with emails Protesting their greed. Well guess everyone must PAY THEIR DUES to Watson for not playing..

Defense we just don't have enough talent and the only way to get talent really is in the draft for the D. That is why I claim this trade was a bad deal for us. 3 years we don't have a first rounder to be used on our Defense cause all this fantasy bs has them telling all that its all in the QB...BS It always was and always will be...Championships are won via Defense.

Yeah Steelers are dirty Its been happening for years. When are the announcers going to stop protecting the Steelers. They study all week on the teams and yet they know nothing about the Browns and and call Hunt Chubb and things like that. They saw the Walker thing and notice how he had to be carted off but odd they did not repeat the injury on tape as they had ample opportunity, WHY? cause it showed the Steeler being DIRTY and no flag!

Yeah I like our TEs. Harrison and Njoku both can block and are weapons on the O. Felton and D'Ernest Johnson are done - I like the kid Ford.
DPJ should be used more but at least we are using Cooper, he has gotten better over the years and is the best WR we have had in a long time.

I hope we don't rush JOK back - let the kid heal 100%.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Teams will begin to defense us differently as they watch our tape.

Cooper is going to draw more attention. That is when DPJ will get his as will Njoku.

There will be some contributions from others but our offense is Chubb, Hunt, first. Cooper first option. Then DPJ and Njoku.

Bryant will get some. Bell will get a few. Schwartz will get a few balls.

Jacoby can run this system.

I am loving what Stefanski is doing in game plans, play calling and game management.

Our defense is predicated upon quarterback pressure. Clowney and Myles playing together is key. Alex Wright is looking like a good find. He is developing. But Clowney is a better player than he is given credit for. Sacks are the glory. When actually qb pressures is king. Clowney does a lot of little things well. He can really play the run. I don't think there is player in the NFL that comes down the backside of OL to make early tackles like him. He is also very hard to get outside of.

We don't need two great interior tackles but it would sure be nice to have one. So far Winfrey has been manhandled. Bryan has been ok. Togiai kind of just there. Elliott has been ok. He has improved. He is stronger. He is holding ground. But we don't have a guy who can really shed blocks and penetrate.

I think DT should be a free agent target while you try to develop guys. We are not going to spend high draft picks on DT. That is clear. Berry and Depo both want to use higher picks on higher priorities.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
It is really messed up.

I pay for directv package and it is not on that. Which is bs.

The same thing with appletv taking the braves broadcast and I can not watch the game.

What is the deal? These sources pay for tv rights and then block the broadcast from stations you pay for?

Times and sources change. As fans we will have to change with them if we want to watch games. Pretty soon it will be easy enough. You will just pay on a game by game basis to watch the teams you want to watch except for in market and national games.

My feeling is that only the selected Sunday games will be national games. Every other day and game will be a pay per view option.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It would nice if it got to that.

I would love to just pick and choose what I want to watch instead of paying for a package that most of the programming I have no interest in

1 member likes this: Jester
P
Legend
Legend
P
The world is changing. Millions upon millions of people no longer have cable, DirecTV or Dish Network. They now have switched over to streaming services. That trend will continue. You can get so much more programming for so much less money. Change can be hard. Change can be uncomfortable. But streaming isn't even the future. It's the now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Can you get a NFL package through a streaming platform?

I have directv only because of that.

If I can watch any game I will drop that asap.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish
Can you get a NFL package through a streaming platform?

I have directv only because of that.

If I can watch any game I will drop that asap.

Not until 2023. Apple, Amazon, Disney and Google all have proposals in rights to Sunday ticket. Apple is the frontrunner.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/24/technology/sports-streaming-rights.html

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...id-interest-from-apple-amazon-and-disney

Legend
Legend
ok thanks Milk

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It’s a sham that the NFL just doesn’t run its own platform. Stream games. Let fans buy a ‘team’. Or buy a game. Or buy every game. Etc.
I’ll be pissed if they end up fracturing it so you have to have multiple platforms just to watch your team play on any given week.
I have DirectTV with the Season Ticket. Thankfully I also had Amazon Prime already or I too would have been pissed for laying out hundreds of dollars to have ‘every game’ via Sunday Ticket… yet not having every game… therefore missing this past TNF game.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Not until 2023. Apple, Amazon, Disney and Google all have proposals in rights to Sunday ticket. Apple is the frontrunner.

Direct TV is going to lose a lot of customers. I hope satellite TV sticks around, as most remote campgrounds do not have wifi. I have a satellite receiver on my camper and up in northern MI that's the only option. Dish Network let's you pay monthly on an as needed basis. Luckily, the campground we host at is within antenna range of Toledo and there are a lot of over the air channels available.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What about Paramount+?
Their website says you can live stream NFL games
I think just the ones on CBS though

https://www.paramountplus.com

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They also offer a free 7 day trial.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Jester
What about Paramount+?
Their website says you can live stream NFL games
I think just the ones on CBS though

https://www.paramountplus.com

This only allows you to stream games shown on CBS in your local market.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good to know.
I have direcTV currently and I have been thinking about getting rid of it since I cancelled my NFL ticket.

So any games on CBS or only local market games?
Are Browns games typically on CBS?

This might make for a good thread in the Everything Else Forum.
I might start it up in a day or 2

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
DirecTV is going to die. AT&T has tried to sell it off but didn't find any takers. The subscriber base is dropping and I suspect the only things allowing it to survive is the ticket and AT&T can absorb the loses and spread them around.

Once the ticket is gone I don't know that AT&T will let it live.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Jester
So any games on CBS or only local market games?
Are Browns games typically on CBS?

Local market only.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Agreed. DirecTV will soon be obsolete.

Legend
Legend
DirecTV died to me the day ATT bought them.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The world is changing. Millions upon millions of people no longer have cable, DirecTV or Dish Network. They now have switched over to streaming services. That trend will continue. You can get so much more programming for so much less money. Change can be hard. Change can be uncomfortable. But streaming isn't even the future. It's the now.

Is it really all that much cheaper? I suppose it is if you just stick to Tubi or something like that. My TV bill and net run a little over $200 per month. It's all on streaming. There are no cables.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
All Pro
All Pro
This thread is kinda officially hijacked. That's a good thing because we're usually at each other's throats of a loss. I'll take the relative peace and prosperity of this year so far.

I'm waiting for the Teams to figure out they could make money selling "tickets" to watch the game online. This would be a real money maker for out-of-market games. It wouldn't compete with their television revenue and probably sell far better than the all or nothing approach from DirectTV. Hey, a Bobcat can dream, can't he?

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
B
Legend
Legend
B
Be it online or a TV streaming deal, it's going to happen. Right now the NFL is trying to figure out the best platform or combination of platforms.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: jeepnstein
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I watched the game on Amazon .. they had both .. a one week free trial package and a 1 month free trial .. I signed up watched the game for free .. and will cancel this wednesday. The Browns have no more Thursday games this season.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
L
Legend
Legend
L
IPTV with TiVImate and an external drive. light years better than cable/dish and I can not only watch cleveland sports, but still get all the broadcast channels I'm accustomed to from when I lived in ohio, plus I can get around blackouts but checking out the other feed or use a vpn on my ShieldTV. Def. alot better options out there if you're willing to take the chance.. Good thing is its really cheap and you can just go monthly so you don't get tied into anything long term. So the major barriers are eliminated.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Is it really all that much cheaper? I suppose it is if you just stick to Tubi or something like that. My TV bill and net run a little over $200 per month. It's all on streaming. There are no cables.

I guess that depends on how you tabulate it. If you're combining your internet bill in with your streaming services I understand the total you arrived at. However, most people have a pretty high speed internet service already. So they just see it as another way to maximize using that internet and do not consider the internet as a part of their streaming costs.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't understand what you mean by having net already? Mine comes through EPB. So does my TV stream. So does my electricity for that matter.

The net is $77 per mo. The TV is 135 per mo. To get the best TV I need to keep my net at that level to get the best picture.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Because most everyone already has the internet and have had it long before there were streaming services. So the internet was a cost you were already paying. It isn't a cost you incurred in order to stream on your TV. Weren't you paying for internet for years before you began streaming on your TV? In your case maybe you did upgrade your internet. But then the actual cost wouldn't be the entire cost of your internet. It would be the cost difference between what you were paying before and what you're paying for internet now.

I had high speed internet before as most people do these days. So I incurred no increased cost. I was paying for my internet before I began streaming services so my additional cost was zero.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 29 Steelers 17 What I saw vs Steelers #!

Link Copied to Clipboard