Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
E
Legend
Legend
E
That's BS, the GOP is calling for him to resign. Nobody wants him in office. He is a fraud.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I guess you missed McCarthy’s statement on him.

Kevin McCarthy on George Santos: “Well, Is There a Charge Against Him?”

New York Representative George Santos does, in fact, have a charge against him. He’s also under three other criminal investigations.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy seemed Wednesday to overlook the fact that serial fabulist George Santos has already been charged with fraud, saying he would not ask the New York congressman to resign.

McCarthy—whose Republican Party holds the House majority by only a few seats and who needs every vote he can get—sought to defend Santos, even as the latter’s list of tall tales seems to grow longer by the hour.

“What are the charges against him?” McCarthy asked reporters, in what he clearly thought was a bump-set-spike of a response. “In America today, you’re innocent till proven guilty. So just because somebody doesn’t like the press you have, it’s not me that can oversay what the voters say.”

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
E
Legend
Legend
E
I guess you missed the GOPers calling for his resignation.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I guess you missed the part where Santos said he won’t resign! And I believe only McCarthy can act on Santos but won’t because he needs every vote he can get in the house. And finally only 3 republicans called for his resignation to date that I know of. So my post wasn’t BS like yours.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/12/23 06:24 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Republican candidate's wife arrested, charged with casting 23 fraudulent votes for her husband in the 2020 election

The wife of an Iowa Republican who ran for Congress in 2020 was arrested Thursday and accused of casting 23 fraudulent votes on behalf of her husband.

In an 11-page indictment, prosecutors allege that Kim Phuong Taylor "visited numerous households within the Vietnamese community in Woodbury County," where she collected absentee ballots for people who were not present at the time. Taylor, who was born in Vietnam, then filled out and cast those ballots herself, the indictment alleges, "causing the casting of votes in the names of residents who had no knowledge of and had not consented to the casting of their ballots."

Taylor is also accused of signing voter registration forms on behalf of residents who were not present. In all, prosecutors allege, she engaged in 26 counts of providing false information and voting, three counts of fraudulent registration, and 23 counts of fraudulent voting. Each charge carries a maximum 5-year prison sentence.

The aim, prosecutors allege, was to get her husband, Republican politician Jeremy Taylor, elected to public office.

Jeremy Taylor ran in the 2020 GOP primary for Iowa's 4th congressional district, which at the time was represented by Steve King, a far-right politician with ties to white nationalists. Taylor ended up finishing third, garnering just over 6,400 votes.

But Taylor was more successful in the fall 2020 general election, where he ran as a Republican candidate for the Woodbury County Board of Supervisors. He currently serves as the board's vice chairperson. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The couple met while Jeremy Taylor was teaching at a university in Vietnam, according to his official biography. They have six children.

Kim Taylor's court-appointed attorney, John P. Greer, declined to comment on behalf of his client. According to court documents, she is currently out on bail.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wif...ed-of-casting-23-fraudulent-votes-2023-1

Somebody call the Trump campaign, I think we found voter fraud. Of course, it's a Republican.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Nice…….. cue the maga crickets! Once again it’s how they work. They project their deplorable flaws onto others. “We cheat so they must cheat”

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I guess you missed the GOPers calling for his resignation.

You are certainly correct. The question becomes is it all lip service? So far most of those asking he resign are on the state level where he was elected. I'm not sure but as far as I know all they can do is push for a recall election. Thus far I haven't seen any of them call for that. In the actual senate I have seen very little said about it and the only one who matters, Kevin McCarthy isn't going to do anything.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Let's face it if lying was a problem with elected officials none would have a job. They need to be careful what their asking for because making honesty a requiremnet for the job and everyone of them will be on the outside looking in soon.

I think you seem to be missing something. I don't believe people are speaking in terms of "total honesty" here. What I think people are talking about is an entire fabrication of youe life and family history. Everything from your religion to your educational background and employment history. Everything from your grandparents escaping the holocaust to losing employees in the Pulse Nightclub shootings. Claiming he was a volleyball star at a college he never even attended. Claiming he graduated in the top 1% of his class to a college he never attended.The list just goes on and on. The GOP gives a questionnaire for potential candidates to fill out giving basic information on their background and education. Santos turned that in full of lies. Any of us that turned in a total fabrication of everything from our education to our job history on a job resume' would be fired if we got that job based on that resume'.

That's exactly what Santos did to the voters in his district.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Are you talking about Santos, or Biden?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Being facetious I see. That doesn't change anything.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Police arrest disgruntled Republican candidate in connection with shootings in New Mexico

Now one of you GOPer nutjobs are trying to shoot us.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thank trump for this. If you are not against trump you are for this, because this is caused by trump. If there was no trump there would have been no insurrection and this.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
And once again we will hear crickets. Because you know, this is only a thread for the libs.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
McCarthy says Santos will be seated on committees

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Tuesday said Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) will be seated on committees, after the embattled freshman lawmaker admitted to embellishing parts of his résumé.

“He’ll get seated on committees,” McCarthy said in the Capitol when asked if he would be assigned to any panels.

The comments come after McCarthy last week said Santos should not be on any top House committees — including Appropriations, Ways and Means, Financial Services and Energy and Commerce — but left the door open to seating him on other panels.

Santos has been at the center of a controversy on Capitol Hill following revelations that he fabricated portions of his résumé and biography. The freshman congressman admitted to embellishing some details, but has said he has no plans to step down from Congress despite several calls for his resignation — including some from within the GOP.

McCarthy has stopped short of demanding that Santos resign from his seat, arguing that voters in New York’s 3rd Congressional District sent him to Washington to serve.

“I try to stick by the Constitution. The voters elected him to serve. If there is a concern, and he has to go through the Ethics [Committee], let him move through that,” McCarthy said, adding “he will continue to serve.”

On Monday, however, McCarthy did say he “always had a few questions” about Santos’s résumé. The comments followed reports from CNN and The New York Times that said Dan Conston — an McCarthy ally who heads a PAC aligned with the Speaker — expressed concerns about Santos.

Asked about those comments and if he raised concerns about Santos during the campaign, McCarthy pointed to reports that someone working for the New York candidate impersonated the Californian’s chief of staff during Santos’s campaigns in 2020 and 2022.

“My staff raised concerns when he had a staff member who impersonated my chief of staff, and that individual was let go when Mr. Santos found out about it,” McCarthy said Tuesday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/..._0NiMxVPgNdt_u0O9RyoqFjrijQ9iXVIvHfHpKZU

Kevin McCarthy reaffirms pledge to give Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar committee assignments again after they attended a white nationalist conference

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcc...rning-mtg-and-gosar-to-committees-2022-3

This fits the very definition of the inmates running the asylum.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
didnt trump drain the swamp?

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
He added on to it and made it worse. As a developer he knew chaos was his friend.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
he did a lot.. drained the swamp, built a wall, got income tax paperwork down to a post card. Circled Georgia on a map, killed tens of thousands of people with covid denial. suggested drinking bleach. Showed you just need to lie and deny to get what you want and encouraged racism and division.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/re...s-democrats-homes-new-mexico-2023-01-17/

Jan 16 (Reuters) - An unsuccessful Republican state House candidate in New Mexico was arrested on Monday and accused of orchestrating recent shootings at four local elected officials' homes, the Albuquerque Police Department said.

Police said on Monday they had arrested Solomon Pena, 39, and accused him of conspiring with, and paying, four other men to shoot at the homes of two county commissioners and two state legislators, all Democrats. Police said they had evidence Pena had fired some shots.

This is what happens when sad little Goper tears turn into hate. You get a volley of live ammo directed at the opposition. Pffft.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Jury convicts Kansas man of threatening to kill congressman

Chase Neill, 32, testified that the threat was a message from God to Rep. Jake LaTurner regarding sorcery, wizards, extraterrestrials and a war for people's souls.

TOPEKA, Kan. — A federal court jury convicted a Kansas man who insisted that a death threat he made against U.S. Rep. Jake LaTurner was a message from God, amid what authorities have said is a sharp rise in threats against members of Congress and their families.

Jurors found Chase Neill, 32, of Lawrence, guilty of a single count of threatening a U.S. government official. The presiding judge instructed jurors that to find Neill guilty, they had to conclude that a reasonable person would find that he had made a true threat and intended to either intimidate LaTurner or interfere with his work as a Republican congressman representing eastern Kansas.

Neill acted as his own attorney and cross-examined LaTurner on the witness stand Wednesday. Neill testified Thursday that he was a messenger from God and he passed along a message from God threatening LaTurner for ignoring concerns about sorcery, wizards, extraterrestrials and a war for people’s souls.

Federal prosecutors said Neill fixated on LaTurner before leaving an after-hours voicemail June 5 with the congressman’s Topeka office that included, “I will kill you.” LaTurner testified that he worried about his family’s and staff’s safety and beefed up security at his home and Topeka office.

“You cannot cloak yourself in religious belief and justify such a threat,” federal prosecutor Stephen Hunting said in his closing remarks. “There is a line you cannot cross.”

Neill sat calmly as U.S. District Judge Holly Teeter read the jury’s verdict, which came after about two hours of deliberation. He politely declined to have the jury polled and, when asked whether he had more about the case to discuss, he said, calmly, “No, your honor.”

As a marshal handcuffed him, his mother, Pamela Neill, who had watched the three-day trial, told him, “I love you.”

Teeter scheduled Neill’s sentencing for April 11. He could face 10 years in prison and a fine of $250,000.

The judge had Neill give his testimony Thursday as a narrative from the witness stand because he was representing himself. Neill interrupted his comments to make sure documents were projected onto four big screens on a wall behind him and to confer with the judge and prosecutors about what evidence would be allowed. Prosecutors did not cross-examine him.

Neill admitted in court that he left the June 5 voicemail and others with more death threats the next day. But he said he was conveying a message from God that LaTurner and other officials faced death by an act of God, such as a tornado or hurricane, for attacking God’s creation.

“This is not me saying, ‘I’m going to chase you down with a knife,’ or something like that,” Neill said in his closing argument.

His mother, fighting back tears, told reporters upon leaving the courtroom, “He never raised a hand on anybody.”

Threats against members of Congress have increased since the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. In October, an intruder severely beat former U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband with a hammer in their San Francisco home.

Local school board members and election workers across the nation also have endured harassment and threats. Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, this week arrested a failed Republican legislative candidate over a series of shootings targeting elected Democratic officials’ homes or offices.

Hunting told jurors that it was reasonable for LaTurner and his staff to take Neill’s words seriously as threats.

LaTurner said in a statement after the verdict: “Violence and threats of violence have no place in our society.”

Neill said his concerns about a war for souls were sparked by a May 13 story on the Kansas Reflector news site about a legislative debate in which a western Kansas lawmaker urged colleagues to override Democratic Gov. Laura Kelly’s veto of a measure that would have restricted public health officials’ power in epidemics following the Covid-19 pandemic.

Republican state Rep. Tatum Lee was quoted as saying, “The war is real you all. We are fighting for the soul of our nation.”

Neill told jurors he values his soul and was required by God to act when he “heard the sound of the trumpet.”

He also showed jurors a LinkedIn page for himself, saying he dealt with “matters concerning over 400 million lives lost with high sorcery.”

Neill testified that in 2018, “God came to me very directly,” without elaborating. A U.S. magistrate judge said in an August order refusing to release Neill from custody that Neill had suffered a head injury four or five years ago “characterized as a head fracture.”

But the trial judge concluded last month that Neill was capable of following what goes on in court and assisting his lawyers, making him mentally competent to stand trial. She granted his request to act as his own attorney, starting Wednesday.

“I’m really trying to explain how I interact with God, and it’s a difficult explanation,” Neill told jurors during his testimony Thursday. “I apologize.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...RJIa5BsXeOSdiBQEdDTwUZdmTXkyMpsxOQqCtLGc

There they go infringing one people's right to free speech again!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I don't want to tell someone else what to believe when it comes to religion. I also don't want their beliefs beaten into me.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: Jester
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't either. Where the problem begins is when you blame your religious beliefs for your own criminal acts. You know, like people who blew up abortion clinics and killed abortion doctors claiming it was the work of God.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think Neill is confused. It’s the devil he’s communicating with. Someone should tell him.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
[Linked Image from img.memegenerator.net]

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
As expected. Goper’s run on crime and and the economy and do no governing on that and now want to defund the military. Pffft.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
As expected. Goper’s run on crime and and the economy and do no governing on that and now want to defund the military. Pffft.

Every single politician runs on solving problems that they have no intention of solving, promising things they don't wish to deliver and blaming the other side for getting in the way.

This is not a red or blue issue. This is not a left or right issue. This is not a conservative or liberal issue. This is a people in power want to stay there and if we aren't fighting each other we might notice how useless they are, how fat their wallets get and start fighting them.

But people don't want to quit being loyal to their political religion, so it is the same as it has ever been.

Legend
Legend
The ole “we do it, so they must do it” excuse. Gotcha.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The ole “we do it, so they must do it” excuse. Gotcha.

If that is what you got out of what I said you really are a lost cause.

Go yell at clouds, I hear GOPers made them because they hate the environment.

Legend
Legend
When someone starts a reply with “every politician does the same thing” that’s not truth it’s an excuse. But I wouldn’t call you a lot cause over it.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
When someone starts a reply with “every politician does the same thing” that’s not truth it’s an excuse. But I wouldn’t call you a lot cause over it.

When someone only thinks GOPers are the problem then that's just biased spin.

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

NEW YORK — FBI agents are investigating Rep. George Santos’ role in an alleged GoFundMe scheme involving a disabled U.S. Navy veteran’s dying service dog.

Two agents contacted former service member Richard Osthoff Wednesday on behalf of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York, he told POLITICO.

Osthoff gave the agents text messages from 2016 with Santos, who he says used his plight to raise $3,000 for life-saving surgery for the pit bull mix, Sapphire — then ghosted with the funds, as first reported by Patch.

“I’m glad to get the ball rolling with the big-wigs,” Osthoff said in an interview Wednesday. “I was worried that what happened to me was too long ago to be prosecuted.”

The alleged fundraising scheme is one of many scandals plaguing the freshman Republican, who has refused to leave office despite a series of allegations of lying and fraud that first came to light in December shortly after he won a swing seat on Long Island.

New York Democratic Reps. Ritchie Torres and Daniel Goldman, who called for a Federal Election Commission investigation into Santos’ campaign finances last month, welcomed the news that the Eastern District investigation is proceeding at a serious clip.

“Only the U.S. attorneys are capable of moving at the speed that’s necessary,” Torres said in an interview.

“There’s no one that poses a greater threat in Congress than Santos. It’s undeniable that he’s broken the law. We have to protect Congress from George Santos, who threatens it from within,” Torres said.

Goldman, an ex-federal prosecutor who has a seat on the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, echoed Torres’ comments in a separate interview.

“Given that a serial liar like Santos is still walking the halls of the Capitol, it is imperative that the Justice Department move quickly to determine whether an indictment is appropriate.”

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have to say this, this dates back to 2016. Isn't there a statute of limitations on such things???

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My guess would be that the get out of jail free card hasn't come due as of yet or they wouldn't be pursuing it on a criminal level.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
I have to say this, this dates back to 2016. Isn't there a statute of limitations on such things???

Maybe. But 6 or 7 years isn’t that long ago. And 4 years of Covid slowed the legal system down substantially. Book him. But the party of “law and order” isn’t really that are they? Goper’s Pffft.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Essentially, today the Republicans are being accused of wanting to do away with SS and Medicare. They say no,, we are NOT doing that. But, they do say (especially McConnell) that they want to cut Entitlements.

Now we have Pence wanting to privatize these programs.

But NO,, They don't want to cut them.... I ain't buying it. I think it is the third rail and I don't think that this thinking will kill the republican party. I would have been sad about this once but not anymore.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Essentially, today the Republicans are being accused of wanting to do away with SS and Medicare. They say no,, we are NOT doing that. But, they do say (especially McConnell) that they want to cut Entitlements.

Now we have Pence wanting to privatize these programs.

But NO,, They don't want to cut them.... I ain't buying it. I think it is the third rail and I don't think that this thinking will kill the republican party. I would have been sad about this once but not anymore.

No one is trying to take your Social Security. They just want common sense entitlement reform. It's just paranoia to think anyone wants to ban entitlements completely.

Legend
Legend
yeah ..that’s exactly what y’all said about Wade V Roe. I’m going to laugh like hell at all the soon to be retired Goper’s that voted for all these dumb asses when you don’t get your SS you paid into for your entire career.

It’s so typical, crime, border security, inflation, all go to the wayside, and the Goper’s hit the poor and middleclass with everything they got.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
See that Frank.

Abortion...

has something to do with a Social Security!

Maybe they'll abort the social security??

I think it's a possibility with all these racist Trumpians!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Didn’t mention “abortion”. Thanks for playing.

– Jackie Robinson
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.7

Link Copied to Clipboard