Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
LSD-Like Molecules Counter Depression Without the Trip

Scientists have developed compounds that hit the same key receptors that LSD activates without causing hallucinations. A single dose produced powerful antidepressant and antianxiety effects in mice that lasted up to two weeks. The compounds are designed to fit into the same receptor that is targeted by psychedelics like LSD and psilocybin. While psychedelics can have significant long-term effects on depression, anxiety, and PTSD, it is not yet known if the trip is essential to the treatment.

Full article - https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2022/09/423891/lsd-molecules-counter-depression-without-trip

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Well that just ruins everything!

I don't just want to end my depression, I want to know my guardian angel is riding a corn chip sitting under my lava lamp.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
Legend
Legend
Actually that is really cool. It's amazing how we are dissecting what used to be known as "dangerous street drugs" and finding such useful compounds in battling pain, depression, anxiety, etc... Some of the work we're doing with terpenes in marijuana will change the world over the next few decades.

Another thing that really cool is that we have rodent psychiatrists that can determine when a mouse is depressed. What a world!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love the hot babes riding the Rhinoceros

Am I hallucinating ?

Crap !

1 member likes this: FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
Actually that is really cool. It's amazing how we are dissecting what used to be known as "dangerous street drugs" and finding such useful compounds in battling pain, depression, anxiety, etc... Some of the work we're doing with terpenes in marijuana will change the world over the next few decades.

Another thing that really cool is that we have rodent psychiatrists that can determine when a mouse is depressed. What a world!

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE........!!!! nanner nanner

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
and antianxiety effects in mice
and anti-anxiety effect in mice?
( anxiety, ((I think)) is the unwarranted fear of what might happen, in the future, if one dwells on the possibilities.)
Now mice, rofl don't really talk, about the future
and their fears of it.

because mice, are FREAKING MICE.
and anti anxiety effects in mice for up to two weeks? Who was sober? And who talked to the mice?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Drop some real LSD and you too can talk to mice wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Drop some real LSD

AKA as the benefit package way of doing things.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
The trip is supposed to help escape depression. smile

Just kidding.
LSD was lotsa laughs and much fun until it wasn’t (bad paranoid trip). Haven’t done it since the 90s , Won’t again.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Never had a bad trip, but it's been a while since I indulged. Probably three times in the last twenty years. Last time, I found myself lying on the floor at 3am staring into my little doggie's house. I was laughing my ass off at her as she was tilting her head looking at me like I was from Mars. Good times lol.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hell, I haven't done any since the 70's. Didn't really do it many times. A little amber windowpane, some shrooms and peyote buttons once. I always found it to be a wonderful experience however.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: GMdawg
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... LSD-Like Molecules Counter Depression Without the Trip

Link Copied to Clipboard