Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

B
Legend
Legend
B
Punk. He probably wears skinny pants.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
That clip makes me angry. Not about Anthony Schwartz but about the blaring music and laughter in the background. I know it's a 30 second snippet out of an entire week of practice, but I just feel like this team is so soft...from the coaches down to the players. It would be nice if players actually got mad about losing instead of complaining about the fans booing. It would be nice if our team leaders set an aggressive, angry tone for once. We know the coach can't get it done so it would be nice if the players took it upon themselves. I don't think they actually care about winning and losing.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Bottom line is we don't have anyone on the team like that. At least not starters. Winfrey looks like he might be that kind of guy, but he has to become good enough.

We just don't have anybody who would snap someones head off if they sluff off or screw up too much.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
I know they have limits on contact practices. I get that. But, wow, if that passes as practice for a game........wow. Do all teams do that cheesy drill?

Maybe our defense gets to do the 2 hand touch drill?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Rishuz
That clip makes me angry. Not about Anthony Schwartz but about the blaring music and laughter in the background. I know it's a 30 second snippet out of an entire week of practice, but I just feel like this team is so soft...from the coaches down to the players. It would be nice if players actually got mad about losing instead of complaining about the fans booing. It would be nice if our team leaders set an aggressive, angry tone for once. We know the coach can't get it done so it would be nice if the players took it upon themselves. I don't think they actually care about winning and losing.

Wow, for months I've had to listen to what a terrible person and teammate Mayfield was for saying that and now a Legend poster on this forum boldly states his opinion noticing the exact same thing Baker said he saw - Imagine That!
The only thing you left out was they're just here for a paycheck.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Punk. He probably wears skinny pants.

everyone under 40 does

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Reality, many of those guys make more in a game than "we" make in a decade! The days of bloody qbs, Tittle, are LONG GONE. They get paid win or lose....if they are smart they won't let the game give them too many concussions. Money and no brain doesn't really work.
Go Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by hitt
Reality, many of those guys make more in a game than "we" make in a decade! The days of bloody qbs, Tittle, are LONG GONE. They get paid win or lose....if they are smart they won't let the game give them too many concussions. Money and no brain doesn't really work.
Go Browns!!!!

I don't disagree. I think it actually goes deeper than that, but my feeling won't go over with some so I won't bother to share them.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by hitt
Go Browns!!!!

I don't disagree. I think it actually goes deeper than that, but my feeling won't go over with some so I won't bother to share them.

rofl rofl Sorry, not directed at you guys. I just find it freaking hilarious that less than a year later from when our former QB was chastised unmercifully for expressing the same concern that now we have long time forum posters recognizing the exact same thing. Even more amazing is 9 of the 11 starters on defense were here as starters last year and 7 of the current 11 starters on offense were starters here last year. I'm sure it's just a few with that attitude but "1" is too many. Too bad people were so quick to unjustly shoot the messenger last year. Where's our great HC Stefanski, the one who should be the one sorting out these non-team players?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I believe this is a problem among all NFL teams, Free agency was good for players and fans but not for teams.

Players get paid lots of money and get soft, it happens in the workforce outside football.

The problem with all this calling out on players slacking, is the fact the ownership paid the money to the player.

Players being called out , hell yes I agree, play like you're being paid. Ya know how the % of that turns out.

It's not as simple as sitting a high paid player just to prove a point. You think that a player sitting on the bench making millions cares ?

Hell no he doesn't. Not getting beat to death to make a big pay check, been going on with every team for years.

It's not so simple dealing with non team attitudes. It's a job, just can't fire a over paid lazy ass in the NFL as it is in the work force we live in.

Legend
Legend
I guess it's ok to make 2 posts about Baker Mayfield in an Anthony Schwarz thread as long as they're not critical of him.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by jfanent
I guess it's ok to make 2 posts about Baker Mayfield in an Anthony Schwarz thread as long as they're not critical of him.

You see, that's the issue here. I've been reading post after post on this forum about how we're better now than before. Some of us would beg the differ but being better because someone is gone does not explain away the same problems that were evident in 2020 and 2021 that are alive and breathing in 2022. The single position that by all the posts of the last year was keeping us from a Super Bowl has been upgraded yet our Browns are actually playing worse. We just went through 5-games with the 3rd easiest schedule with 82% of the same starters on defense as last year and have more questions now than before. Unfortunately, most of these same issues were brought up last year, through the off season, and even the year before but the name calling, and derogatory comments were directed at those people because those concerns were not directed at one particular chosen player.

Fast forward to 2022 and after having the 3rd easiest schedule in the league, the Browns are sitting at 2-3 and we have forum guru's comparing our team's performance to an ex-players performance on another less skilled team as the success guide through the first 5-weeks. I find it interesting that you'd immediately single out my post in reference to a post about players non commitment but are perfectly silent to the pages of critical posts referencing the shipped off player. Here's a news flash, the Browns are 2-3 and spiraling to a 2-9 record and Mayfield has nothing to do with it and that is the point. You see, some of us wanted to talk about these concerns the last 12 months but were labeled "Baker Boys." Surprise, Baker's gone, and the same issues remain and got us to a spiffy 2-3 record.

Legend
Legend
Make that 3.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
The problem is that we didn't switch from Baker for Jacoby. We we switched for Watson.

I think you probably need to save your argument for next season once Watson has been at the helm for a number of games.

I'd also say that Baker hasn't exactly been killing it so far this season in carolina, but new team, now a new coach...let's see what happens next year with Watson here, and Baker in Carolina or wherever he lands because it isn't looking good for him as a Panther.

I must say your argument would have more bite if Baker was playing well this season, but the season is still young. He might still turn it around. I think he is still the starter.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
One word in defense of Schwantz. His game is supposed to be the deeper routes. I am not sure why speed wouldn't help on short routes, but just to defend the guy a bit, maybe we should wait and see what happens once Watson returns.

Jacoby isn't a good deep ball thrower and Watson is. Maybe we will see the value in Schwantz once we have a QB who can chuck it 50 yards in the air. If so, I will go back to calling him Schwartz and all will be good . I still question his ability to track and catch the ball, but we will see.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: bugs
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Just my opinion, but I think that it's a jump to watch that video and then say for certain that this team is soft, the coaching sucks, and the players don't care. We have one poster on a crusade to get Stefanski fired and he jumps on every little thing. I've seen him ask for Stefanski to do certain things like hold players accountable and take more interest in the defense and when reports come out that show those things are happening, he laughs/ridicules Stefanski anyway. Then, we have the Baker group spinning tales because they are still butt hurt over their hero leaving. Those things are going to happen, but what baffles me is that we have posters, who should know better, actually adding credence to tall tales and irrationality.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Make that 3.

Just so I am clear in case I want to mention a player no longer on the team - are you suggesting he deserves a whole thread to himself ? I mean for myself I think the constant mentioning of him quite sad an odious. Vers has brought him into more threads and mentioned him more than anyone - and generally speaking those that didn't think much of him mention him the most at the moment, and in Vers own words he despised him and I didn't once see you comment whenever he brought him up - so I figured I would check with you to see what your reference point is for commenting on how many times he gets mentioned, whether he should have his own thread or maybe we should petition Purp to see if we can get a whole entire forum dedicated to him? lmk.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/13/22 08:14 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
The problem is that we didn't switch from Baker for Jacoby. We we switched for Watson.

This is exactly right. I mentioned this more than once in the "JB - BM" comparison thread that Vers started. I think what might be triggering some of the comments on the board is that "excuses" are being promoted by some for the team this year, that last year were not. Comments or actions by players on the team now seem very similar in nature to comments by a player no longer on the team that got eviscerated for the comments. I think those sorts of double standard are generating some of these posts.

Bottom line - this early stage of the season and being underwhelming on the field of play, waiting for Watson and sort of in limbo until the new savior is playing on Sundays (assuming we continue to struggle to win) .... this feels very much like the off-season. Not a whole lot of football talk. Baker being crow-barred into conversations or contrived threads created to continue to throw shade on him. And generally squabbling instead of football talk because the football talk is really pretty depressing.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/13/22 08:31 AM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know if it is to throw shade, but I agree.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

Just my opinion, but I think that it's a jump to watch that video and then say for certain that this team is soft, the coaching sucks, and the players don't care. We have one poster on a crusade to get Stefanski fired and he jumps on every little thing. I've seen him ask for Stefanski to do certain things like hold players accountable and take more interest in the defense and when reports come out that show those things are happening, he laughs/ridicules Stefanski anyway. Then, we have the Baker group spinning tales because they are still butt hurt over their hero leaving. Those things are going to happen, but what baffles me is that we have posters, who should know better, actually adding credence to tall tales and irrationality.

So... you hate Rish and you're afraid he'll get Stefanski fired.
You hate the imaginary Baker Boys, and now they're "spinning tales" (I actually like that term, sounds organic)
You hate posters that may be influenced by either, because they make it more true. (weird take, but okay)

In short, as always, you hate everyone who doesn't share your opinion. Welcome to Thursday, Dawgtalkers!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't see like that at all. Maybe we just get a little too worked up over nothing. Maybe it's time for everybdy to move on.

I am sure all of this will start to fester again once Watson starts playing. I am sure there will be complaining when Watson doesnt throw for 300+ yards with 3 TDs and no picks.

It won't be about Baker and Watson because Baker is playing as the team expected.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
You know JW Johnson is creeping on this board.....so anything is possible! brownie

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P

No, it's really not but the analogy is accurate.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Make that 3.

Just so I am clear in case I want to mention a player no longer on the team - are you suggesting he deserves a whole thread to himself ? I mean for myself I think the constant mentioning of him quite sad an odious. Vers has brought him into more threads and mentioned him more than anyone - and generally speaking those that didn't think much of him mention him the most at the moment, and in Vers own words he despised him and I didn't once see you comment whenever he brought him up - so I figured I would check with you to see what your reference point is for commenting on how many times he gets mentioned, whether he should have his own thread or maybe we should petition Purp to see if we can get a whole entire forum dedicated to him? lmk.

Thanks for checking! Your hyperbole game is in expert mode. Now come on, you and others fly off the handle when there's a post critical of Baker in an unrelated thread, but feel it's OK to bring him up if it's not critical. The hypocrisy lies in your court. You're wondering why I don't comment on those critical posts? Each one already gets multiple replies. You and others have that well covered.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
As is often times the case in todays society people have trouble discerning between an occasional occurrence and a rampant case of recidivism.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well if you think Steve would have made this post without all the other plethera of BM posts - I think you are mistaken. He very clearly and expressly wrote that he was commenting based on those posts. So no hypocrisy here. In case you missed it here is the original post by Steve that you commented on....
Originally Posted by steve0255
Wow, for months I've had to listen to what a terrible person and teammate Mayfield was for saying that and now a Legend poster on this forum boldly states his opinion noticing the exact same thing Baker said he saw - Imagine That!
The only thing you left out was they're just here for a paycheck.

You chose to ignore the many BM posts and "comparison" thread because they had already been responded to - then chose this one to jump on board and respond to the one thread with two comments by Steve. That's your right and I don't want to be like Vers and try to act like I am dictating what you should respond to - so my apologies because I interpreted the non responses as support for the poster/comments.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
recidivism.
That's a great word - I had to go google the meaning!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
recidivism.
That's a great word - I had to go google the meaning!

At my age that word scares the heck out of me !

not looking it up

any word that begins with recid, is scary

lol

T
Legend
Legend
T
it's the rate at which people return to prison/jail after being let out.
I didn't have to look it up, I've seen it used in context.
It could mean crime re-committing, or returning to jail for those crimes.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

I don't want Stefanski fired, I want him to be better. I don't want to hear him talk about it, I want to see wins.

I don't have an ounce of confidence he will get it turned around. He's an OC masquerading as a head coach.

Browns fans deserve better results than what he's getting. After this week's loss and starting the season at 2-4 against the easiest schedule in the NFL he will have officially ruined another year of some really good players primes. More than the fans, they deserve better.

You want to dismiss poor head coaching because of the offensive results. I want to win football games. I'm so beyond tired of rooting for a loser franchise. We get one yearly reprieve every ten years or so. The thing is this year didn't have to be this way. A better head coach who has this team better prepared is 4-1 at a minimum. He was gifted the easiest schedule in the NFL and is at 2-3.

2 members like this: WSU Willie, Tackman
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't want to see KS fired or AB. I think they've done a good job. Have they made mistakes, yes, all coaches and GM's do. We're close. If our D could stop the run, we'd be 5-0 and the talk of the league. Would anyone be knocking our coach and GM then?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I don't want Stefanski fired, I want him to be better. I don't want to hear him talk about it, I want to see wins.

Living in Charlotte - basically the similarity of Rhule's press conferences (taking ownership, saying he needs to improve, same message every week after a loss for over a season) - but nothing actually changing on the field is a really big concern.

However - despite the defense clearly being the biggest issue with the team in 2022 - I'd like to see HC Stefanski given his shot with a bone fide starting QB instead of a perennial back up who KS is nursing to good statistics but who isn't winning games for us. And despite his overall performance above (low) expectations, he has cost us a game or two.

I missed Vers claim that the Baker group is spinning tales ... another fake claim, I guess someone can ask him to be specific. No - doubt another manipulation like his claim someone said Njoku was a bust after one game. 🤮

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. I'd like to see KS with a top tier QB which we should have in DW. He'll be able to do more with DW than he could with Baker and now with JB.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I disagree w/your take on Stefanski, but I respect your right to voice it. What I'm saying is that others don't have to automatically buy in that a team is said to be soft because of a short video. That video proved nothing other than Schwartz is weak. I would like to add that I think our team is far from soft.

We are probably the most physical offense in the entire NFL! Earlier this week, a poster said we had no identity on offense. That is just crazy talk. We hammer the crap out of opposing defenses. We physically dominate them. We impose our will upon them. We wear them out. I can safely say that I can't remember the last time I've seen a Browns team w/such a clear identity.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Watson will win us games, but we are not losing games due to the offense. This team is putting up more than enough points. It's the D that has let us down. That is rather confounding because they actually played well for most of the time last year.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't think Stefanski and Rhule are anything alike. I think Rhule is a snakeoil salesman. He oozes not trustworthy and full of crap.

Stefanski is just the opposite. I think he comes across as intelligent and sincere. I think he is both of those things.

The results are similar for both, but I think Stefanski is a good man and a good coach who is doing a poor job right now. Fingers crossed he gets it figured out.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I feel the same way. I don't see how anyone can refute that statement. It's the D and maybe it is Joe Woods. When you read and hear our players and KS talk you can't help but feel there's more going on behind the scenes. That's the feel I get I don't know if anyone else feels that way.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum How is Anthony Schwartz still on the roster?

Link Copied to Clipboard