Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Legend
Legend
If you bet $5 on Fanduel you get NBA for free through January

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

What a game to knock off Boston in OT. LeVert played out of his mind. Mitchell with a huge game as well.

Impressive win after being down 14 or 15.

Bally Sports producers need slapped for removing AC from the color commentary and switching to Fratello, who is painfully boring to listen to. I would have blamed a loss on Fratello's broadcast.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Nice win for the Cavs in Boston. Levert and Mitchell with 40+, still no Garland. They might be scary good this season.

Hate Fratello commentary, where is AC? Hopefully it’s just a few games like last year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Hate Fratello commentary, where is AC? Hopefully it’s just a few games like last year.

Fratello is awful. Worse than the rug on his head.

https://www.thefocus.news/sports/nb...is-complain-about-broadcast-without-him/

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Any chance the Cavs look at Josh Primo who was just released by SA?

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
This team is so fun, never know who’s going to turn it on. Allen and Mobley haven’t even got to where they were last year. Watch when that happens. Meanwhile Lakers are 0-5. They just need to blow that up and let lebron come back home for a couple more rings before he hangs it up.. j/k. Kinda. Ok not really. Can you imagine a starting 5 of garland spida lebron Mobley and Allen? How do you guard that. You think trash like Tristan Thompson benefited from lebron, watch what Allen and Mobley would do

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know that those guys need to be elevated. I think if Bron was to come back, I'd like to see him in a 6th man role.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: jfanent
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's a quality win for the Cavs. Wish I could have watched it. ESPN is going to show the Boston @ Cavs game in early November. Looking forward to it.

An aside..........I know he isn't polished and many might not like him, but I love listening to Austin Carr. It's like talking to some dude you sit down beside at the bar. That's a positive in my world.

Legend
Legend
Hell yeah. Plus, AC is hometown. TBH, most of his lack of polish, or any gaff, just puts a smile on my face because he just seems like a fan -- like one of us. In fact, most of that bleeds through when he's excited, or angry lol.

These people at Bally are out of their minds. They want some outrageous amount to stream through an app, and from what I've read -- the app sucks. Most are hoping they finish feeding their ego, burn through a few billion, and get out of the biz.

Last year, NBA offered Pass for 50% off on Black Friday through Cyber Monday... I'm waiting 'til then before I subscribe... whether they offer it this year or not.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
What a win at Boston

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Get Fratello back on the postgame show where he belongs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't know, I haven't watched a cavs game in a long time, especially since I lost fox sports ohio when it became Bally's.

But didn't it get old hearing "deep in the Q" and "get that weak stuff outta here" 50 times a game? Especially when they were horrible.

M
Legend
Legend
M
No. Part of his charm.

M
Legend
Legend
M
What a crazy 4th quarter. Great comeback.

Mitchell had another monster game. Kevin Love with eight 3 pointers. Also, Love taking charges is incredible. He has to lead the league in drawing charges.

Dean wade had six 3s!

Joe Haden and his family were at the game.

Another great crowd tonight.

Legend
Legend
Cavs win again. K Love, Wade, and Mitchell all with really strong games.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
man Mitchell has fit right in from the jump! and glad K Love had a big game with 29 points in tonight's W.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FATE
Hell yeah. Plus, AC is hometown. TBH, most of his lack of polish, or any gaff, just puts a smile on my face because he just seems like a fan -- like one of us. In fact, most of that bleeds through when he's excited, or angry lol.

These people at Bally are out of their minds. They want some outrageous amount to stream through an app, and from what I've read -- the app sucks. Most are hoping they finish feeding their ego, burn through a few billion, and get out of the biz.

Last year, NBA offered Pass for 50% off on Black Friday through Cyber Monday... I'm waiting 'til then before I subscribe... whether they offer it this year or not.

The Dofu sports app works pretty good, and you can get it in the google play store if you're Android. Unfortunately the cast button to my tv doesn't work, but I watch on tablet or laptop.

M
Legend
Legend
M

1 member likes this: FATE
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
I'm telling you, this team is special.. Something about them you just know they are going to be great.. Add in getting Rubio back next month...uhh, yes please. My only concern will be usage on guys like spida and garland. Having rubio means very little drop off from that position. Anyone else find themselves doing double takes with Lopez on the floor. If you didn't know you would think somehow we still had AV out there playing

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
It's going to be a fun season. Got my league pass yesterday. Great win.

The positives have been expanded upon. I'm going to list some negatives that I think will hold the team back from competing with the heavyweights of the east...Boston, Milwaukee, Miami.

Mobley doesn't appear to be all that improved. Cannot make a serious run without him. You need three guys. He desperately needs to improve his game to help Mitchell and Garland.

While interior defense is outstanding, perimeter defense is going to be a challenge all year just because the twin towers aren't going to come out on shooters. The Cavs will lose to teams who get hot from three unless JB is quick to go to small ball, which will leave them vulnerable at the rim. Catch 22.

Bench scoring looks like it will be a challenge. Will levert go to the bench when Garland gets back?

On a positive, maybe Mitchell will make up for all of it. I grew up with Price, Daugherty, and Nance. Mitchell is the 2nd best player the Cavs have ever had after LeBron.

Legend
Legend
Cavs are a top 3 team in the east IMO. Brooklyn and Philly have underwhelmed. I think we can beat anybody.

Legend
Legend
This team deserves Carr back doing color play by play. The man IS Cleveland, and whoever moved him is wrong and should be ashamed. Fratello is boring, lousy by comparison. Strikes me as exciting as somebody reading a phone book. Carr and his game calls strike me as being just like Bernie Kosar in the booth. I loved him and I miss him. He had game in a way that was spot on and he had played well. No homer in Fratello. This team will be exciting, give them Carr! Fix this first!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Rishuz
It's going to be a fun season. Got my league pass yesterday. Great win.

The positives have been expanded upon. I'm going to list some negatives that I think will hold the team back from competing with the heavyweights of the east...Boston, Milwaukee, Miami.

Mobley doesn't appear to be all that improved. Cannot make a serious run without him. You need three guys. He desperately needs to improve his game to help Mitchell and Garland.

While interior defense is outstanding, perimeter defense is going to be a challenge all year just because the twin towers aren't going to come out on shooters. The Cavs will lose to teams who get hot from three unless JB is quick to go to small ball, which will leave them vulnerable at the rim. Catch 22.

Bench scoring looks like it will be a challenge. Will levert go to the bench when Garland gets back?

On a positive, maybe Mitchell will make up for all of it. I grew up with Price, Daugherty, and Nance. Mitchell is the 2nd best player the Cavs have ever had after LeBron.

yeah good points, I haven't been too impressed with Mobley so far but he was out a bit with the ankle. I'm hoping he takes that step forward this year. Perimeter defense has always been a problem for this team with JB at the helm. I think we really miss Markkanen. He was the guy I didn't want to trade but can't fault too much given how good mitchell has been, but Markkanen has been big for Jazz too, and having a 7ft guy that can shoot like that would have been good. I kinda prefer his game over mobley.. I feel it gets congested down there. But thats just picking nits, this team is pretty freaking good right now

V
Legend
Legend
V
Kyrie Irving is such a freaking jerk. Dude makes me sick. He thinks he is above the game. He is perhaps the worst teammate in the league. Now, he is endorsing anti semitism. And the Nets and the NBA continue to allow him to get away w/his crap. I'm glad both Shaq and Barkley called him out and referred to him as an "idiot." Preaching hate against any group is wrong.

Legend
Legend
Frantically trying to get a stream that works when I finally realize the Cavs are on ESPN. 🤪

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Jb is an idiot sometimes. End of the game , less than 10 seconds with a 2 point lead and you put dean wade on Tatum.. dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Oh and Garland, they are free .. make them. Mitchell and garland are offensive nightmares

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
One of the worst officiated games I’ve seen in years. But man garland is much a defensive liability. And Allen has some mental breakdowns. We should have won this game easily

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Mitchell is like next level and you can tell he really likes playing here. He’s easily my favorite player. Nice to see lavert returning to form. Cleanup with perimeter defense and it’s going to be crazy. This is the most fun team since 2016. The great part is it’s such a likeable team. A bunch of good dudes that enjoy balling together.

2 members like this: FATE, Jester
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Mitchell is like next level and you can tell he really likes playing here. He’s easily my favorite player. Nice to see lavert returning to form. Cleanup with perimeter defense and it’s going to be crazy. This is the most fun team since 2016. The great part is it’s such a likeable team. A bunch of good dudes that enjoy balling together.

Mitchell is not going to let them be intimidated by anyone in the east either. I think they can win a series against anyone with my only concern being the Bucks. Giannis is a different beast.

But yeah why put Wade on Tatum and Brown late. Made no sense.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

What a game. Feels like payoff intensity. Great to have Garland back. Going to be scary when Mitchell and Garland really develop a chemistry.

Fun times!

Nice sub by JB to get Wade out there on the final shot to defend. Wade has the 7th highest defensive win share in the NBA.

On that note, Cavs have 4 players in the top 11 of the NBA in defensive win shares.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'll just add I love the way the team plays defense. I can live with losses when you give max effort on the defensive end.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
this team is a beast and we have the 2nd best record in the NBA

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
V
Legend
Legend
V
What a great game. Entertaining as can be. Hard fought by both teams. Had a playoff feel. Van Gundy said something about give me Cleveland and Boston every night and I'll be motivated about the NBA. These two teams are the opposite of the New Jersey Nets and the selfish Kyrie Irving. Guys on both teams play hard, respect the game, and are good teammates.

Some observations:

--We had a lot of great looks, but it was an off-shooting night by Mitchell, Love, and others.

--Garland is a star. He reminds me of Walt "Clyde" Frazier. Just quicker and more athletic. Lots of similarities in their handle and shot making. Dude is a real star.

--Mitchell has the heart of a lion. He was off tonight, but he fights like a lion.

--Love was way off tonight.

--Mobley needs to get stronger, at least in his legs........but he is so freaking smooth. Great low post arsenal.

--I'd play Lopez more.

--Great play call by Bickerstaff coming out of the timeout when Mitchell hit Allen for an easy slam dunk. Well executed, but that was a great call.

--Refs were allowing Boston to get away w/a lot. They bump people a lot. It is not exclusive to tonight. They always do that. Kinda bogus.

--You know what I liked best? This team genuinely likes one another. The smiles are real. They are a team. You can see it throughout the game. This is what the NBA should be about. I love this team!!!!

--Gotta give Boston some credit. They fought hard. What a great game. It was like a playoff game.

--I'm telling you...............Garland and Mitchell are shot creators for both themselves and others. Mobley is a very efficient low post player. We have role players all over the place. The chemistry on this team is off the charts. Enjoy this team. It's going to be special!

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

What a game. Feels like payoff intensity. Great to have Garland back. Going to be scary when Mitchell and Garland really develop a chemistry.

Fun times!

Nice sub by JB to get Wade out there on the final shot to defend. Wade has the 7th highest defensive win share in the NBA.

On that note, Cavs have 4 players in the top 11 of the NBA in defensive win shares.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense

That was not a good sub at all. Those starts are misleading and worthless. Wade was shook in less than half a second.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Yeah, ok. JB, who's leading a 6-1 team, just had major brain fart, got it!

You're dramatic. I dig it and appreciate it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Garland's left eye still looks boogered up. Heck of a game though.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Great team chemistry. A lot like the Guardians.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Yeah, ok. JB, who's leading a 6-1 team, just had major brain fart, got it!

You're dramatic. I dig it and appreciate it.

In this instance he did, at no time should Dean wade be left to stop Tatum in a game winning situation.. That should have been lavert. but looking back I realize you meant the actual final shot of the game with wade on brown...and yeah, that made sense and worked out and was a good call. Trust me, I love JB. He's got the perfect demeanor for this squad and they are showing it

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs/NBA 2022-2023

Link Copied to Clipboard