Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
saw another twitter post that echoed what I said, Lebron on this team walks to another ring. True story for sure. We got jack squat from our bench today and Boston still couldn't beat us..We are built different and alot of teams are going to struggle against our inside/outside game. The only thing we get in trouble sometimes is we fall into iso ball sometimes.. When we are moving it we are unstoppable. JB keeps that in check and we don't stay that way for long.. but man, I can't hate the iso too much with garland and spida back there. Mitchell is just nasty. He gives the cavs that refuse to lose leadership like lebron had. You just know that we aren't going to be an easy out and we will play to the end. Boston is in trouble in the east.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Personally, I don't want Lebron anywhere near this team. Thankfully it won't/shouldn't happen, but this team is growing together establishing their own leadership and identity. Bringing Mitchell in this year was bringing in their alpha leader. Adding another alpha leader....especially Lebron and his personality I don't think would mesh.

V
Legend
Legend
V

2 members like this: EveDawg, jfanent
Legend
Legend
Great game last night. Cavs hit a lull and bounced back. Mitchell wasn’t himself with an ankle injury, but Garland was good early and Mobley was effective throughout IMO. Boston is a tough team to beat.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V

Legend
Legend
Mitchell was in a really poor system in Utah … it placed a ton of stress on him because Gobert was limited, Bogy couldn’t create, and Clarkson was so inconsistent. It’s gotta be a breath of fresh air.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Nets suspend Kyrie Irving for 5 games minimum: 'He is currently unfit to be associated with the Brooklyn Nets' - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...to-be-associated-with-the-brooklyn-nets/

NEW YORK -- The Brooklyn Nets have suspended Kyrie Irving for a minimum of five games without pay, they announced on Thursday, a week after Irving first publicized a film full of antisemitic tropes.

Irving promoted a film entitled "Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America," on social media last Thursday, and has since refused to fully disavow its contents or say he's sorry despite having multiple opportunities to express some form of contrition.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver said in a prepared statement on Thursday that he is "disappointed" in Irving's decision not to apologize, and Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt tweeted that Irving has "a lot of work to do."

Irving said Thursday that he "cannot be antisemitic if I know where I come from." Asked what he meant by that, he repeated, "I cannot be antisemitic if I know where I come from."

Here is the Nets' statement in full:

"Over the last several days, we have made repeated attempts to work with Kyrie Irving to help him understand the harm and danger of his words and actions, which began with him publicizing a film containing deeply disturbing antisemitic hate. We believed that taking the path of education in this challenging situation would be the right one and thought that we had made progress with our joint commitment to eradicating hate and intolerance.

We were dismayed today, when given an opportunity in a media session, that Kyrie refused to unequivocally say he has no antisemitic beliefs, nor acknowledge specific hateful material in the film. This was not the first time he had the opportunity - but failed - to clarify.

Such failure to disavow antisemitism when given a clear opportunity to do so is deeply disturbing, is against the values of our organization, and constitutes conduct detrimental to the team. Accordingly, we are of the view that he is currently unfit to be associated with the Brooklyn Nets. We have decided that Kyrie will serve a suspension without pay until he satisfies a series of objective remedial measures that address the harmful impact of his conduct and the suspension period served is no less than five games."

Irving first addressed his decision to promote the film, based on a book of the same name, on Saturday -- he chose to double down then, and he tripled down after practice on Thursday, embarrassing the team that had put out a joint statement with him and the Anti-Defamation League the previous night. The Nets gave Irving a full week to show some degree of remorse, and he instead was defiant. If the bar he had to clear to avoid -- and now end -- a suspension is simply stating that he doesn't have any antisemitic beliefs and disavows the antisemitic conspiracy theories in the film, he has not indicated that he has any intention of hopping over it.

The suspension means that Irving will miss games against the Wizards, Hornets, Mavericks, Knicks and Clippers, and more games could be added. But, at present, the soonest Irving would be able to return to action would be on Sunday, Nov. 13, when the Nets face the Lakers in Los Angeles.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Personally, I don't want Lebron anywhere near this team. Thankfully it won't/shouldn't happen, but this team is growing together establishing their own leadership and identity. Bringing Mitchell in this year was bringing in their alpha leader. Adding another alpha leader....especially Lebron and his personality I don't think would mesh.

100% agree. I can't think of anything worse than Bron Bron joining this team. The good news, there is zero percent chance of it happening. Media fodder to fill show topics. Bron Bron enjoying the L.A. life, he's accomplished what he wants to in the NBA.

I absolutely loved his time in CLE, but that time has long since passed. Thanks for 2016! A Father's Day to remember.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Kyrie is completely out of touch. He is certainly no "beacon of light."

Legend
Legend
I am not a huge basketball fan. At times I have gotten into it.

I use to be a big ACC basketball fan. But that ended because I was really a Ga. Tech fan.

The NBA when we had LeBron. Last year I caught a couple Cav's game. I liked what I saw.

So the other night the Celtic game was on and I watched some of it.

Damn they look like a really good team. I am not into hero ball. So, it was fun to watch team ball.

The Cav's could be a treat this year.

Legend
Legend
Irving is a weird dude .. such an enigma.

In terms of Lebron .. I’ll pass too. Keep the mojo going with these dudes. I think adding a versatile wing will put them over the top.

R
Legend
Legend
R
At this point adding LeBron actually makes the team worse.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't think we need to add anything. This team has plenty of talent and the chemistry looks to be amazing!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I don't think we need to add anything. This team has plenty of talent and the chemistry looks to be amazing!
A little exposed with Boston starting to really use Smart/Brown pressuring Mitchell/Garland. It would be ideal to have a wing alleviate some pressure by creating. That won’t let teams dictate terms (the good teams obviously). Plus, us going to the 1-2-2 kind of showed me that we don’t 100% trust our perimeter D yet, which is where a wing comes into play. Of course, they don’t grow on trees either

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
not really, Smart/Brown can't contain either of them, then you have mobley/Allen. Boston tried their best twice and couldn't get us, and thats with us not having any bench production. When Okoro gets back and you can put him on Tatum, you will see even more flaws.. The team that got exposed was boston, not cleveland

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When Rubio xomes back, what about a lineup that consists of Rubio, Garland, Mitchell, Allen, and Mobley

I think that could be interesting

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think LeVert is an adequate wing and I think Rubio will serve as a backup PG. We will have quite a bit of flexibility w/guys like Garland, Mitchell, LeVert, Cedi, and Love. Not saying I am correct, but I am not sure about bringing in anyone from the outside. The chemistry is just too good.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Rubio Def. comes off the bench, he excels at getting production out of of that second team.. But I think we will def see alot of flex lineups based on opponent and game . Neto is basically worthless. Hes not a threat to do anything.. Rubio can get you points and run the offense. I am actually surprised he's still on the roster TBH, i figured we'd cut him and bring up Goodwin or Newman

Legend
Legend
Kyrie should probably get booted out the league

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
Are Mitchell and Garland sitting tonight? Why?

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I just got the free NBA league pass trial through Amazon Prime and agreed to pay $99 for the rest of the season. I really want to follow all the Cavs' games this year.

Legend
Legend
Nice. Gonna be a fun season.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Legend
Legend
R
j/c:

I just got the free NBA league pass trial through Amazon Prime and agreed to pay $99 for the rest of the season. I really want to follow all the Cavs' games this year.

Hmmm. I didn't know you could sign up via Amazon. I went through the nba.com. And I'm super annoyed at the moment because the sound and video aren't currently lining up.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Vers, are you experiencing the same issue by any chance?

Legend
Legend
"Pistons looking to stop the bleeding."

They may need a tourniquet...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Are Mitchell and Garland sitting tonight? Why?

Darius Garland, Donovan Mitchell won’t play Friday night vs. Detroit Pistons, sources say
Updated: Nov. 04, 2022, 6:27 p.m.|Published: Nov. 04, 2022, 5:51 p.m.

By Chris Fedor, cleveland.com
DETROIT -- The Cleveland Cavaliers will be without both starting guards on Friday night against the Detroit Pistons.

Sources tell cleveland.com that Darius Garland and Donovan Mitchell, listed as questionable going into the night, won’t play because of injuries suffered in Wednesday’s hard-fought win over the Boston Celtics. Garland has a sprained left knee while Mitchell sprained his left ankle. Neither are believed to be serious injuries.

With the All-Star backcourt unavailable, the Cavs will move Caris LeVert to point guard and re-insert Isaac Okoro and Dean Wade into the starting lineup, sources say. Evan Mobley and Jarrett Allen will round out Friday’s starting five.

Even though both Garland and Mitchell were able to finish Wednesday’s game, they experienced discomfort in the hours after, requiring treatment Thursday and Friday. The two participated in parts of Friday morning’s shootaround at Little Caesars Arena. Garland left the building and walked onto the team bus with an ice pack around his injured left knee.

While Garland and Mitchell are both out, veteran backup point guard Raul Neto is available, sources say, and is expected to receive playing time. Neto sprained his ankle on Sunday against the New York Knicks and did not dress Wednesday.

Friday’s game versus Detroit is the first of a five-game road trip that will continue in Los Angeles over the weekend.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2022...ight-vs-detroit-pistons-sources-say.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
j/c:

Hmmm. I didn't know you could sign up via Amazon. I went through the nba.com. And I'm super annoyed at the moment because the sound and video aren't currently lining up.

What's your streaming platform?

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm just doing it through NBA.com on my laptop.

R
Legend
Legend
R
So video and audio is lining up now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Cavs look good without Mitchell and Garland so far, but Detroit doesn't have a lot to work with.

Legend
Legend
I'm reading that there a lot of issues with the app this year, don't know if that would be the same streaming through NBA.com though. Actually some reddit posts that say they switched to Amazon and it worked great.

If you have a Roku, grab the app there and see if it's any better?

That sucks, sorry.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Still in my trial week on league pass. Going to cancel and resubscribe through amazon.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Love watching teams that play hard defensively. Cavs play so hard defensively. Credit JB on that. Defense in basketball is 95% effort and want to.

Legend
Legend
Yep. Van Gundy was talking about that the other night. "There's no big mystery, TRY! Run the floor! SPRINT!"

Love watching this team.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Man, if Love can play like this all season, watch out. Could have a really strong bench if everyone stays healthy.

Legend
Legend
If Mobley can play like this... wow. Seven blocks already.

Legend
Legend
Such an exciting brand of basketball!

R
Legend
Legend
R
Man, let Love get his triple double!

Legend
Legend
24 point win without Garland or Mitchell.

Nice win for the Cavs!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
This team is going to be so fun. They are built the right way, respond to coaching and genuinely like playing with each other. Loose and fast is their style and they are no longer the team that plays down to the opponent. They play their game regardless who’s if front of them or who we have hurt. Years past this would have been a throwaway game

M
Legend
Legend
M
j’/c…

No Garland. No Mitchell. Giving their ankles a rest for Sunday’s game against the Lakers and they beat the snot out of the Pistons.

So when does Altman offer Love a contract extension? I’d extend him.

Going to just truly enjoy the ride this season.

1 member likes this: Swish
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs/NBA 2022-2023

Link Copied to Clipboard