Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not a ton of information on this guy, but here is something.

Buffalo Bills Undrafted Free Agent Profile: DT Prince Emili
by Brandon Croce4 months ago Follow @BrandonCroce

During the rookie minicamp the Buffalo Bills had last weekend, they had a number of players in for a tryout. One of those players was defensive tackle Prince Emili, who showed enough during the practices to be signed to the Bills’ roster.

Let’s take a closer look at the player and what he brings to the team.

Stats/Measurables
Height: 6’2″

Weight: 300 pounds

Prince Emili played in 37 games over four seasons with Penn University and had 162 total tackles, 30.5 tackles for a loss, 11 sacks, three passes defended, and one forced fumble. A majority of these stats came in the past two seasons with 9.5 sacks and 27 tackles for a loss.

Scouting Report on Pro Football Network
Analysis: Emili was a small, hard-working Ivy League defensive lineman with poor measurables and limited upside.

How does he fit with the Buffalo Bills?
While the overall analysis on Emili wasn’t glowing from Tony Pauline, he does fit what the Buffalo Bills look for at the three technique. He is similar to defensive tackle Ed Oliver as he is small for a defensive tackle but does have good quickness that allows him to make plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

Every year, there is a player or two who surprise during the offseason and earn a spot on the 53-man roster or as a player who starts on the practice squad and moves his way to the active roster. Prince Emili is someone who could be that player this year as the Bills have the top four spots on the depth spot locked in but have also valued depth at the position.

Emili could be a player that is that fifth option on the depth chart at the position that rotates frequently during the course of a game, similar to what Justin Zimmer has done at times over the past few seasons. This should be an interesting training camp battle as the Bills have a number of players competing for it and Prince Emili should not be dismissed.

https://buffalowdown.com/2022/05/19/buffalo-bills-undrafted-free-agent-profile-dt-prince-emili/

V
Legend
Legend
V
This is good news.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I like the mindset of this team.

V
Legend
Legend
V

V
Legend
Legend
V

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good. He's a head case.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Is Perrion Winfrey still on the team ? I have not heard his name mentioned in a while.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Good. He's a head case.
At one time he was a really good number #2 when he was
With the Dolphins. Maybe since he has found himself
In the NFL unemployment line , perhaps it's caused
Him to mature. I wish they would have signed him
He is a upgrade over DPJ.
The Browns have got very little production from their
WRs other than Cooper
Schwartz DPJ Bell.....0 TDs in 4 games
That's poor.
I blame it on Berry. He could have added more talent
To that area

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Halfback32
Is Perrion Winfrey still on the team ? I have not heard his name mentioned in a while.

Yes, he has returned since his discipline issue that caused him to miss one game. He had 16 snaps against ATL for 1 tackle. It was a tackler for a loss, though.

Btw-------take a look at the DL we put on the field in that game. Scheme or talent?

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/10/3/23384415/browns-defensive-snap-counts-stats-and-notes-week-4

Legend
Legend
I said during the game last week, but the DL in that game was the worst we’ve ever trotted out there

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I said during the game last week, but the DL in that game was the worst we’ve ever trotted out there

JMHO, but what would you expect, especially with the interior defensive line. The Browns had the worst defensive tackles in the entire league with the 2 Malik's in 2021. After bouncing those guys, rightfully so, they replaced them with a Jacksonville career backup and Elliott who couldn't beat out the 2 Malik's in 2021. After 4 games, the Browns now have Bryan ranked 70th of 117 interior players with a PFF Grade of 58.3 - Elliott, ranked 115th of 117 with a PFF Grade of 30.0 - and Togiai ranked 117 of 117 with a PFF Grade of 28.5. I have no idea what the FO was thinking during the off season but it's pretty damn clear Berry didn't do anything to bolster the defensive interior. Unfortunately, I expect that interior line to be the focus of every team we face going forward. That will ultimately lead to cheating on defense by the safeties keeping the Browns vulnerable to the deep pass. With the step up in competition the next 7-weeks, I'm afraid what we witnessed the first 4 games will become the rule rather than the exception.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed and like I've been saying, it's going to get ugly starting tomorrow. We all can hope for the best but expect the worse.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. It looks like we don't know what to look for in DT's or we somehow think it is a throw away position where a team cn get by with nearly anybody playing the position.

I like Berry and in no way am thinking we might need to do something about him, but his lack of concern over the DT position and WR position are certainly starting to but a bit of rust on his finish.

We might also be able to add D line in gneral. His work with DE's isn't looking all that great either. Yes, he drafted Garrett, but any idiot could have made that selection.

I do understand that you always need to look for value and you miss on those more than you hit, and how the draft falls sometimes impacts things, but sometimes you need to bring in a top player even if it is at a position you might not feel is as important as other positions.

Something we do with the DT position and WR position just isn't working. I don't know if it is the scouting of those positions or reluctance in drafting those positions. I was going to include coaching, but I don't think we have idiot coaches at those positions, and good players overcome idiot coaching. Good coaching helps good players. Good coaching doesn't turn inferior players in to good players. It just makes them a bit better.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

It seems like almost every single post on here emphasizes the negatives and completely ignores our positives. A little balance would be nice. For example, if multiple posters are going to criticize Berry for DTs and WRs, wouldn't it be fair for at least one of you to mention how he has upgraded the OL, the secondary, and the QB room?

The Browns are ranked 4th overall in offense and 9th overall in defense. It's not like we are at the very bottom of the league.

B
Legend
Legend
B
j/c:

It seems like almost every single post on here emphasizes the negatives and completely ignores our positives. A little balance would be nice. For example, if multiple posters are going to criticize Berry for DTs and WRs, wouldn't it be fair for at least one of you to mention how he has upgraded the OL, the secondary, and the QB room?

The Browns are ranked 4th overall in offense and 9th overall in defense. It's not like we are at the very bottom of the league.

At least for me it is because that was what we were talking about. No doubt Berry has done a good job. When it comes to the O-line though, i am not so sure how good a job has been done. He drafted Harris, who isn't all that good. Wills was a good pick, and maybe the best pick he could have made that year, so that is good. I think he brought in Conklin, so that was a good move. I don't hold injury against the GM, so he has done OK there.

I am fairly sure Watson will pan in to a good move, but it still remains to be seen. He drafted Ford and Felton at the RB position. I am not sure how that pans out. It will depend on Ford, who could be a plus player.

Now that it has been a few years the balance sheet is starting to come into focus. So far it is good, but I wouldn't call it great by any means.

What else...we have done well with corners, maybe not so much with safety. LB...JOK looks to be a plus player, Phillips less so.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
He did sign Conklin in FA and yes, he did draft Wills. Dorsey found Teller and Sashi [I think] drafted Bitonio. However, Berry has gave both guys new contracts to keep them around.

Dorsey acquired both Chubb or Hunt, but again, Berry either extended or re-signed both.

I don't think anyone can argue that our defensive backfield has improved w/Berry.

Yes, I am unhappy about what he has done w/the WRs overall, but he stole Cooper from Dallas. What was it? A 5th round pick. That big salary doesn't look quite so big now after what happened w/the WR market this off-season.

I completely agree about DTs.

But again, there are a few posters who only focus on the negatives and try to steer the conversation that way. That's fine, but I think balance is a good thing.

Legend
Legend
Under Stefanski the Browns are 12-3 after a loss.

2 members like this: jfanent, Ballpeen
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish

Just WIN...go Browns..!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish

That's interesting, I would have never guessed as much.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 10/09/22 08:28 AM. Reason: Go Browns!!!

[Linked Image]

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Vers, IMO Kevin and AB are assets to our organization. I'm glad they're here and we should keep them. I feel they have both done a good job. Mistakes are made but that's the case with everyone. The thing that bothers me is that we all saw the DT position as a weakness back in April after the draft and little was done to correct it. Teams being able to run on us consistently and at will is a good way to lose a lot of games. It's happened to us too much in the past and I feel it's going to get ugly starting with today's game. JMO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 10/09/22 09:30 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Trying to school the classroom on how they're supposed to post again?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Vers, IMO Kevin and AB are assets to our organization. I'm glad they're here and we should keep them. I feel they have both done a good job. Mistakes are made but that's the case with everyone. The thing that bothers me is that we all saw the DT position as a weakness back in April after the draft and little was done to correct it. Teams being able to run on us consistently and at will is a good way to lose a lot of games. It's happened to us too much in the past and I feel it's going to get ugly starting with today's game. JMO

To add to this a little bit. Being critical of your team and pointing out weaknesses means you're aware of what is happening on the field. Being a "Rah Rah" person all the time doesn't prove anything. There's no question the Browns have the nucleus to be a very good team. Garrett and Clowney were drafted as elite players and that should be expected of them. Ward is being paid like an elite CB but he's sure not performing like one as to date. Not pointing that flaw out on a consistent basis is ignoring why our team is only 2-2. You might consider the glass half full - I see it as half empty. We certainly have players performing better than expected. We have a bunch of players performing as expected. We also have a significant amount of players performing below expectations. If the Browns are going to be a playoff contender, then these areas of concern need to be addressed and some of them - addressed right away. The positives you want to talk about are great but there's not enough of those right now to make the Browns a playoff contender IMHO.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
Non-stop. All week. Negative posts derailing threads to complain that it's really the negative posts that are derailing threads. It's like watching a dumbed down version of the movie Inception.

1 member likes this: mgh888
T
Legend
Legend
T
j/c:

Oh so you don't seem to care about the team.

You seem to care so much more about policing what people write on here about the team.
that has never been the purpose of a message board imo, the purpose is to talk about the team, not the board members.

Maybe you can bring the positive like the positive in falling out of first place in the division after todays game
because that is a negative I'm sure you know.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1 member likes this: mgh888
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Browns are actually a game worse than last year at this
Time. And week 5 losses came at the expense of the
Chargers.
Jacoby Brissett thanks to Andrew Berry has really only
1 end zone threat at WR and that's Cooper.
David Bell and DPJ are invisible when it comes to
Being end zone threats.
Andrew Berry neglected to invest difference makers at WR
This off season. So when Brissett is locking on Cooper
In the red zone , can you blame him?

The defense is mostly made up of cupcakes and athletes
Not football players. Nobody on the defense brings
Any kind of physicality

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'm sorry but I can't sit here and say Berry has done anything special.. Locking up Chubb and bitonio etc...those are no brainers...any GM would do that.. Most GM's wouldn't give a guy like Ward 100m. He's not worth it. As far as drafting Wills, yeah that was ok, but Wirfs was still on the board and was a better prospect and has proved to be a much better Pro..so was that really a kudos to Berry? Ignoring Wr , yeah he went out and got Cooper, but he got rid of any other legit threat.. Landry was an exceptional wr and still a dependable target. So you created a hole where we didn't need to. Corners have not been improved, maybe in preseason on paper, but on the field they are getting torched. LB/DT were huge weakness last year, so his plan was to make them weaker..You are seeing the proof of that every week with teams rushing for 200+ every game. There isn't a single playmaker on defense. Thats on Berry.. Bottom line is all the good players that were here were already here when Berry got here. I will give him credit for bringing the punter in, he's been lights out. I think Stefanski comes up with great gameplans but the second something stops working or we need a play in a crucial point, he makes a head scratcher. Priefer, Woods and Berry all deserve to be replaced. For the most part offense has done well and will be elevated with DW assuming he will have the ability to audible out of some of these head scratchers. As long as we have the oline and chubb and hunt, the offense will be successful. The defense has had issues for several years. The question becomes is it the scheme or the lack of talent..Usually I would say its Woods, but watching today, plays coming right at someone and they would take a bad angle, got stuck in a bad place, overran, or just simply couldn't make the tackle. The scheme put them in position to make the play but they couldn't.. That tells me it has more to do with these very bottom of the nfl front 7 we have

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Thanks for the memories.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He'll be back on the PS if he clears waivers.

[Linked Image]

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Rosen = Toys in the Attic.

Long time now.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

I told you we should have signed Suh all this time! brownie

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Tackling grades.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: mgh888, Hammer
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by AZBrown
Rosen = Toys in the Attic.

Dude, that's a horrible comparison! Toys In the Attic was a great album!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
lmao - classic.

Legend
Legend
News & Notes: Browns will do 'everything we can' to address run defense issues

The Browns are reviewing all the errors that led to a rough performance by the run defense Sunday against the Chargers

Oct 10, 2022 at 03:18 PM
Anthony Poisal
Staff Writer

The Browns have several areas of improvement they must address after another gut-wrenching defeat in Week 5 — the loss was the third game this year they've gone into the fourth quarter with a lead and lost it.

Run defense is at the top of the list.

The Chargers totaled 238 rushing yards against the Browns, the second straight opponent to have crossed the 200-yard mark against them. RB Austin Ekeler totaled a career-high 173 yards, and his 71-yard gash on the Chargers' second drive of the game foreshadowed the rough day that was ahead for the defense.

"We've got to own it, and we've got to fix it," head coach Kevin Stefanski said. "We have to make sure we look at everything. There's nothing you can't look at, and we have to be intentional about that because until you stop it, teams are going to always continue to do that."

The Browns are 28th in the league in run defense after five games, a ranking far lower than what was expected from the group after it retained nine of its 11 starters from last season. Expectations were high on that side of the ball to begin the year because of the way the defense finished last season — the Browns limited opponents to 26 or less points in all but one of the final 11 games and were a top-five defense in the NFL.

But the results so far have been a stark contrast. After an excellent effort to hold RB Christian McCaffrey to 33 yards in Week 1, the Browns have shown regression and allowed opponents to rush for 90 or more yards every week since, including 440 yards the last two weeks.

Players and coaches alike are searching for solutions.

"We have to fix it quickly," Stefanski said. "We have a lot of guys who have played really good football for us. I know they want to get it fixed. I know we as coaches do, as well. We will look at it, and we will just make sure that we do everything we can to get it fixed and fixed quickly."

One answer might come from a player the Browns acquired Monday morning.

Pro Bowl LB Deion Jones joined the Browns in a trade with the Falcons and should provide some stability in the middle part of the defense. Jones is a seventh-year veteran who was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2017 and has tallied at least 100 tackles in five of the last six NFL seasons.

Jones has spent the first five weeks on injured reserve due to shoulder surgery he received over the offseason but is eligible to be designated to return to practice. Stefanski said he'll arrive at CrossCountry Mortgage Campus on Tuesday and will be evaluated.

"We'll put our eyes on him," Stefanski said. "We just felt like we could add a veteran linebacker to the group and thought it was the right thing to do."

Faith in Jacoby
Stefanski stuck up for QB Jacoby Brissett on Monday after he threw an untimely interception on the Browns' final red zone drive late in the fourth quarter.

The interception marked the second straight pick Brissett has thrown in the final minutes of the game, and all three of his interceptions this season have happened in the fourth quarter. The pick against the Chargers overshadowed a solid performance from Brissett, who completed 21 of 34 pass attempts for 230 yards with one touchdown and one INT.

"I have a lot of faith in Jacoby," Stefanski said. "I think he's playing well, and that was a bad play. He knows that. He is beating himself up about that. He is making some big plays in these games, both with his arm and with his feet, to give ourselves a chance to score points or whatever it is. Jacoby will be in those moments again. It might be this week or it might be the following week, and I expect him to come through."

Emerson steps up
One young player who has been a bright spot on the defense has been rookie CB M.J. Emerson Jr., who helped the defense complete a crucial stop against the Chargers when they attempted to go for it on fourth-and-1 with 1:14 left.

Emerson lined up across from Mike Williams, who had already caught 10 passes for 134 yards. Williams is one of the tallest receivers in the league at 6-foot-4, but Emerson, who's 6-foot-2 and was drafted by the Browns in the third round because of his size, was up for the challenge.

QB Justin Herbert attempted the pass to Williams, and Emerson broke it up. The play was one of the best yet of Emerson's first season.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...ing-we-can-to-address-run-defense-issues

R
Legend
Legend
R
Whew! Just in time!

Go get em Kev!

O
Legend
Legend
O
the loss was the third game this year they've gone into the fourth quarter with a lead and lost it

This says it all IMO. It's a coaching issue. We can't finish games.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes

Link Copied to Clipboard