Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I know I will get asked why am I still talking about this subject. I will post a short exchange I had w/another poster that was typical of multiple conversations this off-season.

I said this as part of a post where I was talking about my expectations for Jacoby and the Browns.

I think JB will not take as many needless sacks and thrower fewer dumb interceptions, but that he won't make as many plus plays as Baker. Those are just opinions.

There was some back and forth where I was called a liar. I responded that opinions are not lies. That led to this:

Vers, when you say that Brissett won't take the sacks the previous QB did, but his stats prove the differ then it's not an opinion, it's a lie when you continue to post that crap knowing it's false. Anybody can make a mistake and post something wrong. Refusing to recognize you're wrong is totally different. If you're going to continue your war against a QB that is gone that you campaigned for 4-years to get rid of by spewing false facts, that is shameful.

The sad part is that if a healthy Baker was still on the team the Browns would be considered a playoff contender. With Brissett at the helm, the so-called experts are predicting 6 wins at best. That's not my opinion, those are facts that cannot be rebuked. You can stay on your crusade of slamming the guy no longer with the team but if you have to use lies to stress your point it is shameful, no two ways about it.

At that point in time, I decided to keep track of both qbs for as long as both were playing this year. I was going to post the results no matter who was doing better and I will continue to do so, even Baker somehow starts having a better year than Jacoby. I'll stop if/when either gets benched.

With that out of the way, here are some stats for comparison sake:

QBR: JB is 6th overall at 65.8. BM is 32nd out of 32 at 16.5.

Rating: JB is 19th at 85.4. BM is 32nd at 71.9

TDs: JB w/5. BM w/4.

Interceptions: JB w/3. BM w/4, including a pick 6 yesterday.

Sacks: JB at 5. BM at 15.

Completion %: JB at 64.0. BM at 54.9

I don't think my preseason opinions were out of line and they certainly were not lies, especially I clearly stated that it was an opinion and later explained time to throw, crumbling in the pocket, and abandoning clean pockets. I chose not to name the poster, but understand there were many similar conversations before the year began.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from images.gr-assets.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yes, Vers. JB has played better than Baker did LAST YEAR. Most of us have openly admitted it now. Can we drop it?

However, in the playoff year and his first year, JB isn't even close and I don't give a damn what the stats say. JB literally had zero evidence on film of having the ability he has displayed. You can't argue that, and shouldn't dwell on it just because we were skeptical. You had to be skeptical unless you drank the kool-aide.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Can we drop it?

No, no he can't. He went from inserting into every thread to starting a thread dedicated to the topic. Haven't you figured this out yet?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh, I see it. I just can't believe it. lol. jk Vers, you have every right to get it all out of your system.

Legend
Legend
Given the system we run here,, we'd be better with Baker. but that was a nice try to get another dig at Baker...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
we will never truly know the answer to this question. However, yes. we are better because we saved future cap money and we got a 5th possibly a 4th when most GM's wouldn't have gotten anything for him.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
We need to rename this section of the Board "Therapy - talk about what haunts your dreams (and every waking hour)".

On the one hand unbelievable. . . on the other hand, like so many of his posts, an agenda with an axe to grind wrapped up in "football talk" and really everyone can post what they want, right?

JB is better than injured Baker was last year. But that sample size is small and is going down hill.

Baker this year is worse than he was last year and at any time he was as a Brown. He's on a crappy team with a HC who most fans wanted fired before the season started.... and that's not an excuse, because all by himself BM has been godawful this year.

As pointed out above, JB is not better than Rookie BM. He's not better than the guy who completed 21 straight passes vs Cincinnati and PFF graded as 5th (or 4th best) QB in the entire NFL for the final 1/2 of the 2021 season.

But none of that matters. Baker is not on the team. None of it matters because JB isn't our future. Watson by any metric or eye test you use WAS and SHOULD BE a better QB than Baker was even when Baker was at his best. That's what counts and matters to me .... too bad he was found guilty by the NFL of being a serial sexual offender who took no accountability and showed no remorse. As brilliant as he may be, it still doesn't sit well.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/10/22 04:03 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here comes the excuses 😆

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
No, I'm not going to drop it. I'm pretty sure the posts from the guys I have on ignore were not about the topic and instead taking cheap shots at me. Talking about quarterbacks is football talk. Harassing other posters for having a different opinion is not football talk. And the more they attack, the more I will dig my heels in.

Also, my stats are comparing Baker and Jacoby's stats from this year. I thought Baker was going to be unleashed because he was away from the terrible Stefanski and the horrible supporting cast?

Will Baker be a starting qb next year?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You have to love Vers and his comparisons of Brissett to a 2021 injured Mayfield. A Brissett that is now playing behind a healthy line when injured Mayfield was missing both starting tackles and the #1 backup. Not to mention not having Chubb and Hunt for extended periods of time. I'll bet right now that if Chubb goes down along with both starting tackles Vers will use that injury excuse for poor offensive play every week. Heck, he already did it for last week's loss claiming the loss of our DE's cost the Browns. Now he wants to compare Brissett playing behind what is claimed the best offensive line in the NFL compared to Mayfield playing behind the worst. Even with Mayfield gone, the guy is still giving Vers nightmares as much as he has to talk about him.

Meanwhile, our Browns blew another freaking game with the worst interior line and LB's in football but let's change the discussion to focus on the QB of Carolina. You gotta love how Vers will spin the conversation away from real Cleveland Browns football.

Heard an interesting fact yesterday about blocked or tipped passes coming from another QB. Mayfield currently leads the league in blocked or tipped passes. Do you know who is second? Actually, going into yesterday, it was 6'5" Josh Allen with 6'3" Matthew Stafford being third. The point being made was that size is not the most common variable since most of the time tipped passes are caused by the offensive lineman not staying engaged with the pass rusher. When not engaged, it allows the rusher to elevate and raise their arms. Even if the lineman has secured the pocket by beating the rusher, if they disengage, they allow them a second defensive rush variable, the blocked or tipped pass. Just an FYI.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I now see we should have kept Baker. We could have used him as a MLB. At least he would make some Tackles!!!!!! thumbsup

2 members like this: DawgPound75, mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
You go ahead and do you, Vers. I'm just watching for the laughs. You have a small following that agrees with you. Everyone else has moved on. And those 'attacking' you do it because you egg it on.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I now see we should have kept Baker. We could have used him as a MLB. At least he would make some Tackles!!!!!! thumbsup

It would have also kept Vers away.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

I think that Jacoby has been successful at managing the game and letting our playmakers make plays ... the problem is really no surprise though, because we have basically asked him to win the games for us at the end of the game ... and that is something that we already knew wasn't going to be a strong intangible of Jacob's game.

He and the offense needs better play (even mediocre) from our defense and ST units.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, the defense was supposed to carry the team and folks were wondering if we could even score 17 pts a game. The offense has put up a lot of points and are playing well. The defense has been horrible.

I have a theory about the "why" of that. Hopefully, I can work it into a thread on the D when folks are not so emotionally charged.

Legend
Legend
We’re better with Jacoby. He’s a better QB for Stefanski’s offensive philosophy.

Problem is, our defense is SO BAD that our offense is asked to win games in the end and it puts him in a position above his head.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Yeah, the defense was supposed to carry the team and folks were wondering if we could even score 17 pts a game. The offense has put up a lot of points and are playing well. The defense has been horrible.

I have a theory about the "why" of that. Hopefully, I can work it into a thread on the D when folks are not so emotionally charged.

That might be awhile.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We’re better with Jacoby. He’s a better QB for Stefanski’s offensive philosophy.

Problem is, our defense is SO BAD that our offense is asked to win games in the end and it puts him in a position above his head.

I wasn't the leat bit concerned that trading Baker would come back to haunt us by showing well on another team.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I just heard that Baker is likely to miss the next two weeks w/an ankle injury. If true, I won't be able to update the year-to-date stats and I know my fan club will really miss that. smile

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just heard that Baker is likely to miss the next two weeks w/an ankle injury. If true, I won't be able to update the year-to-date stats and I know my fan club will really miss that. smile

It's a high ankle sprang ... so a couple of weeks is very much optimistic. There was talk of him possibly going on the IR on their fan sights.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Baker is going on the IR. Panthers are going into tank mode.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Your hate is palpable. Both for Baker and your fellow Browns fans. Let it go.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm pretty sure the posts from the guys I have on ignore were not about the topic and instead taking cheap shots at me. Talking about quarterbacks is football talk. Harassing other posters for having a different opinion is not football talk. And the more they attack, the more I will dig my heels in.

How comical is this.

Vers - not man enough to look at other opinions other than his own and currently the King of Cancel culture without a week going by when he doesn't threaten to put another poster on ignore ... has people on ignore and yet takes shots at those posters he has on ignore constantly without being able to keep their names out of his mouth.

Then in a thread he started 100% intended to provoke - he takes shots at others posters posts he can't see while chirping about "football talk". It's really laughable and very kindergarten-esque.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, FATE
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Seems to me Baker can't hold up to the pounding week after week. He's hurt a lot.

Legend
Legend
It's literally the most infantile example of internet trolling I've ever witnessed... and that's saying a lot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The opening poster cannot get Baker out of his brain. Baker lives there rent free....Although a very small complex.

Here is a recent pic of the opening poster as he/she sees the obvious...Both Baker and JB are interchangeable...

[Linked Image from gifdb.com]

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This guy might be on the block. I'd like to see him in Cleveland. He's a very good WR who was hampered by Baker and Rhule. There was even a report out there a couple of weeks ago that said the Carolina receivers were not running the correct routes. Sound familiar? What's the common denominator?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Vers is clearly on the sauce again. There was no report about WR in CLT running the wrong routes. Maybe someone like Vers reported that it was being reported. Like Vers keeps saying at the moment ... got a link for that?

And I was actually listening when Steve Smith was talking. I mentioned on the Rhule thread I heard the commentators talking about hearing the same issues without seeing changes for the last 18 months ... Steve Smith was the segment immediately before that and I heard what he said. He said he was glad Baker wasn't going to play through injury. He spelled out carefully the difference saying he wasn't glad BM is injured, he's glad he's not playing while limited. In response to reports there was a fire sale a WR on the Panthers asked him for advise. But you know - facts and Vers posts have little in common when it comes to Baker Hate.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I would love to have DJ Moore

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Put Dobbs in !!!!! willynilly

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, he's a really good receiver. Underrated, but very good.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Unfortunately, other teams will be going after him. In addition to this tweet, the Giants have reportedly contacted Carolina already.

All Pro
All Pro
The fabulous Baker boy hate club.

Vers, Quincy and Colin Cowherd with their endless hate will singlehanded make good old Bake and shake popular again despite his worst season ever. That’s quite an impressive achievement.

1 member likes this: FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Put Dobbs in !!!!! willynilly

lol yea, I was thinking about this demand from beginning of the year. While I was reading the posts in the post game thread rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

This just in ... Jacoby Brissett and Baker Mayfield are not interganable in any universe.

This has been a public service announcement:

[Linked Image]

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Better w/Brissett or Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard