Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Like Baker is in some other posters minds?

No!

[Linked Image]

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by steve0255
Aside from football, the saddest part of this whole thing is for all he's done, nothing has happened to Watson. Yes, I know he lost some money and missed a few football games but is he really paying for what he did? In a few short weeks, Watson will put on that uniform and become the face of the franchise. The women will have to relive what he did to them for an eternity. Guys like Watson who go unpunished look at this a a free pass to continue their predatory activities and it'll only be a matter of time before he strays again, JMHO.

LMAO!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Looks like your thread took a turn, Vera.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
All Pro
All Pro

1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Aside from football, the saddest part of this whole thing is for all he's done, nothing has happened to Watson. Yes, I know he lost some money and missed a few football games but is he really paying for what he did? In a few short weeks, Watson will put on that uniform and become the face of the franchise. The women will have to relive what he did to them for an eternity. Guys like Watson who go unpunished look at this a a free pass to continue their predatory activities and it'll only be a matter of time before he strays again, JMHO.

LMAO!

Ahhh - yes, I remember these sort of factual responses to the personal attacks. A good response to Steve ripping on you. Thanks for the reminder!

Last edited by mgh888; 10/12/22 07:04 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Floquinho

Wow. That's really interesting - no idea who the person is breaking down the film, and I skimmed through to the time stamps listed - but interesting. I might not agree with every conclusion after a throw breakdown - but certainly really interesting.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I find it hard to compare the two QBs unless they play with the same team...so its a theorhetical situation. Where would Baker have had us in 5 games playing for the Browns.

Looking at stats on a team that is in the realm of Hue's years here - to JB playing for a Browns team whose Offense is considered Championship grade. And that is all I have to say.

Stefanski...I've cooled down as a fan - I was hoping and still hope that he's finally THE ONE! But I have not been impressed. He was Coach of the year on a year that there was no coaching because of Covid so that is tough to say WOW!

To the PLAY CALL objectors - Let me tell you that is the wrong bridge to travel on. Cause in judging coaching I think you have to judge the EXECUTION of plays. Not what play it is. All plays should work if they are executed correctly. And that is all I have to say.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: Floquinho
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I find it hard to compare the two QBs unless they play with the same team

That's fair. However, there was a lot of talk before the season about this topic. And while several posters are permitted to insult and name call over this topic, you better believe that they would be talking about Baker and Jacoby if this year's qb numbers and rankings were reversed.

Stefanski...I've cooled down as a fan - I was hoping and still hope that he's finally THE ONE! But I have not been impressed. He was Coach of the year on a year that there was no coaching because of Covid so that is tough to say WOW!

I feel just the opposite. Do you remember all the conversations surrounding Shanny when he was w/this team. I might have been the only poster defending him at the end. And I didn't like that hire at first either. But, I saw excellence. I see the same w/Stefanski. They are actually very similar in many ways.

To the PLAY CALL objectors - Let me tell you that is the wrong bridge to travel on. Cause in judging coaching I think you have to judge the EXECUTION of plays. Not what play it is. All plays should work if they are executed correctly. And that is all I have to say.

100% agreed.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Do you remember all the conversations surrounding Shanny when he was w/this team. I might have been the only poster defending him at the end. And I didn't like that hire at first either. But, I saw excellence. I see the same w/Stefanski. They are actually very similar in many ways.

I don't think this is an accurate recollection of Shanny's time here at all. I think many posters - myself included thought Shanny was a fabulous offensive mind and OC. The problem was his attitude, arrogance, not being a team player, and generally looking and acting like he was smarter than anyone one else in the organization ... which might have been true - but when you are the OC, you need to be the OC and not harbor resentment or act like you think you should be the HC. . . . Maybe I'm mis-remembering and am being too hard on his attitude when he was here? But many posters felt then and do now, he was the best OC we've had.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Jacoby is better is many areas. He is more mature than Baker.
Baker has insecurities. Brissett is aware of his limitations as
A QB. Brissett understands his role.
I think Brissett is calming factor in the locker room.
Baker divided locker rooms. Baker's career is built on stupid
Overused cliches.
I give Brissett credit. It's not easy coming into team knowing
After 11 games you are back on the bench. That's called
Character. Baker could never do that.his ego over rides his actual
Ability.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Like Baker is in some other posters minds?

No!

You haven't been reading the board have you?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

Good grief! Watson is living rent free in your mind.

While some people wish to put all he has done out of their minds and accept it. Their excuse? "And you should forget it too or we'll make it sound like you're the one with the problem."

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Baker had similar numbers at the end of games. Is this an overall offense issue? Or just two bad QBs?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by mgh888

LMAO!

Ahhh - yes, I remember these sort of factual responses to the personal attacks. A good response to Steve ripping on you. Thanks for the reminder!

I was actually going for the roll on the floor emoji, but I just now discovered the full editor feature. rofl

This is what I really wanted... rofl...the words don't do the picture justice.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
😁
Have to say it's impossible to counter these facts you are coming up with!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Lol

T
Legend
Legend
T
I think to this point, Baker would have won the 3 games the Browns have lost and lost the two they have won.

Because how he played in the past.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Brissett's team is 1 game better than Baker's team.

2-3, 1-4 ....... Neither is very good right now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Legend
Legend
R
The Browns only having two wins has nothing to do with Brissett.

This is obvious to anyone who watches the games.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think Baker has a career losing record. He won cause of the talent and scheme around him.
Teams never won cause of Baker. For a 1st RD , 1st pick overall
He could never put a team on his shoulders.
So if he was still QB, he might even be 1 and 4.
I can't believe he still has people that think he is a legit
Starting QB

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns only having two wins has nothing to do with Brissett.

This is obvious to anyone who watches the games.
Like I said elsewhere, If Jacoby could do well on dropbacks inside the opponents I0 yard line, the Browns would be better, they'd have more than 2 wins probably.
He's had a LOT of bad dropbacks there. Like 0-for-ten.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
How many 4th quarter INT have led to losses, or at least strongly contributed to them? I think that every one of his INTs have. (IIRC)

Besides, I said his team.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

I call BS!. Brissett is ranked extremely high in whatever metric you want to use. PFF, QBR, etc. Baker is at the bottom of the barrel. Time to give it up.

Legend
Legend

I call BS!. Brissett is ranked extremely high in whatever metric you want to use. PFF, QBR, etc. Baker is at the bottom of the barrel. Time to give it up.

I said that one person's team has one more win than the other, and you guys dispute a .... fact? Do you dispute that he has had inopportune INT late in 3 games? Really? What is non-factual about that? Please tell me.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I disputed your comment that stated: Neither is very good right now." I disagree. Jacoby has been a far better qb than Baker thus far. I find that fact indisputable and it is why I started this thread after all the BS talk before the year began. I do agree w/you that the interception in the last game was terrible. In fact, I said so multiple times. The Jets game? Dude led us to two late scores. Threw a desperation late pick after our D and Special teams blew it. Would you have blamed Baker for that? LMAO...let's be real. He led the team to the game-winning FG against Carolina after the D blew it. He led late scores against Pittsburgh. He threw a terrible pick against ATL, but put us in position to win.

Dude is playing well above expectations and he is a better qb than Baker Mayfield right now. That isn't even debatable.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Have you watched every snap Mayfield has taken in 22?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/16/22 03:39 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Have you watched every snap Mayfield has taken in 22?

I have. He has been cringeworthy. It's been tough to watch. It would not surprise me if he is out of the league next year.

Legend
Legend
How many 4th quarter INT have led to losses, or at least strongly contributed to them? I think that every one of his INTs have. (IIRC)

Besides, I said his team.

i agree YTown. right now what separates JB from Baker is the overall QB play through 4 quarters. JB is more consistently accurate throughout the game than Baker is.

however, just like Baker struggling to close out games in the 4th quarter and throwing picks, JB struggles with the same thing; unable to make THE throw at THE time needed most, some resulting in turnovers.

JB is better for this team right now than Baker, but it isn't saying much because a lot of posters last year correctly stated that if we just got average QB play, we'd be good. we're getting good QB play which is one of the reasons we're so efficient on offense. but when we need greatness in the 4th, both QB's are backups.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Man. Talk about fool's gold. Birssett has been hot garbage. The only thing worse then his arm is his ridiculously bad timing and decisions.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jacoby Bris💩

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
My title says it all

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Brissett was awful today, but he played well enough for the Browns to open the season at 4-1.

Coaching is the primary issue with this team. The head coach is awful and his defensive staff is awful.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
2 wins 4 losses
Baker last year 3 wins 3 losses.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Baker is the worst qb in the league by a country mile.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Baker is the worst qb in the league by a country mile.
yeah...no.. I don't think he's good but he's def. not the worst

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Legend
Legend
T
Brissett is ranked extremely high in whatever metric you want to use.
Until today. A 44 rating at the half iirc. more turnovers in the 2nd half including fumbles.

R
Legend
Legend
R
He may be better than a few backups, but that's debatable.

L
Legend
Legend
L
He may be better than a few backups, but that's debatable.
I'd say he an Brissett are about even par

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
there will be multiple games in the season where the QB has to be able to put a team on his back to go win. that inability is why JB is a backup.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
there will be multiple games in the season where the QB has to be able to put a team on his back to go win. that inability is why JB is a backup.

Facts

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Better w/Brissett or Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard