Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
To clarify. I have stated the reasons I started this thread. I even provided direct quotes from myself and steve. Pit does not get to decide why I started the thread. I do. And I made it clear. The personal attacks and lies never stopped and they are still at it today. Thus, I'm gonna shove the Baker news down their freaking throats.

M
Legend
Legend
M
More "inaccuracies" and agenda from Vers - on a number of fronts:

- The most obvious is talking about ignoring posters and then somehow miraculously mentioning the talking points those posters raise.

- Trying to flip this as if posters are hating on Stefanski because we criticize the current HC of the Browns. We didn't leave the board because we can't stand Stefanski and only come back on the news he was leaving. We didn't spam the boards after KS left to try and make him look bad.

- Vers claims the Panthers decision to not start him has nothing to do with a 4th round pick [1] ignoring two Charlotte posters who have heard endlessly on the radio here that it is most definitely a huge factor [2] Then stating as fact that the Panthers can't trigger the 4th round clause because of the games Baker has missed. Which is also wrong:L

- The math: Through 11 games: Baker has played 58% of he snaps through 11 games (Vers quoted that). If he plays 100% of the remaining snaps and assuming a similar number of snaps per game - at the end of the season he would have played 72.8% of the snaps and the Panthers would owe the Browns a 4th rounder. So - just one more 'FACT' that was agenda driven and not accurate. Of course - Vers likes to call those LIES ... but when he is inaccurate and posters call him out in return he's suddenly a victim.

It's tempting to talk about the god awful team the Panthers are and how a comparison between what was a play off caliber roster (Browns) and one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL who fired their coach before the half way point of the season is asinine. But there's no point. Baker has played badly for the Panthers - worse than when he was under Freddie or when injured. Who knows what happens. It doesn't matter - only to one hate filled individual. Anyone paying attention knows this to be true. End of.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
More news on Baker's benching. from the Charlotte Observer. I am including relevant parts that dispute some of the things others are claiming. You can read the full article here:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article269108812.html

Mayfield has gone 1-5 as a starter so far this season, while Walker went 2-3 during the first five games of Steve Wilks’ tenure as interim head coach.

Previously, Wilks had said that he wanted Darnold to get live-game reps before he started a game. But with the bye week coming up and the Panthers still looking to keep pace in the NFC South race, Wilks is calling an audible.

With Darnold, the Panthers will have prototypical size in the pocket. At 6-foot-3 and 225 pounds, Darnold is much larger than Walker and Mayfield. Darnold also has upside as a runner. More importantly, he has improved pocket mobility over Mayfield, who was sacked 19 times in six games.

It’s also worth noting that Mayfield’s playing time is linked to a 2024 conditional draft pick. The Panthers sent a conditional fifth-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for Mayfield in July. That pick can improve to a fourth-round selection in 2024 if Mayfield plays 70% of the Panthers’ offensive snaps for the season.

Through 11 games, Mayfield has played 58.22% of the team’s offensive snaps. With the Panthers averaging 58 offensive snaps per game, Mayfield would need to play in five and a half of the six remaining games to hit that mark.

Starting Darnold and playing him through Sunday’s game could essentially wipe out Mayfield’s conditional tag, if the Panthers were to keep their snap-count pace.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Excellent
Relax my friend

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
To clarify. I have stated the reasons I started this thread. I even provided direct quotes from myself and steve. Pit does not get to decide why I started the thread. I do. And I made it clear. The personal attacks and lies never stopped and they are still at it today. Thus, I'm gonna shove the Baker news down their freaking throats.

[Linked Image from dailymoss.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
JayQuellen needs to go to the principal’s office.
As does AA Ron!!

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Ya done messed up Ay Ay Ron!

This whole class is gonna feel my wrath!!

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Insubordinate… and cherldish.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Broad brush it any way you want. If we get specific to the question, Brissett is playing better than Baker did last year and even more specific, playing better this year. You have to remember, I was a Baker guy, but the facts are the facts.

Last year the O was the problem. This year it isn't.

There is no "broad brush" here. The title of the thread is are the Browns better with Brissett or Baker? There was nothing in that which pertained to the O or the D or ST's.

I think it would be very difficult for anyone to argue that Brissett hasn't outperformed Baker this season. I think it would be hard for anyone to argue that if the question was which of those two was playing better this year the answer is pretty clear cut.

But that was never the question to begin with. But looking at it from a team perspective, which is exactly the way the question was worded, the Browns are no better this year than last year.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
What you don't get to do is control how I or anyone else responds to the thread. And as many have seen and told you, just because you tell us why you posted a thread doesn't always match up to what you post on it. I have learned to listen to nothing you say but rather watch what you do. That tells the story.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Another personality post? I won't trade insults, but there is this. We can keep this going as long as y'all like.

Steve Smith Sr. calls Panthers QB Baker Mayfield a 'three-legged donkey'
share tweet email

Anthony Rizzuti follow
November 22, 2022 2:35 pm ET

It seems as though Steve Smith Sr. has stopped beating the drum for Baker Mayfield and has moved on to beating a dead horse (or donkey).

During his call-in segment for The Clubhouse with Kyle Bailey on Monday, the Carolina Panthers legend had some not-so-complimentary words for the current Carolina Panthers quarterback. When going over Mayfield’s performance from the Week 11 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, one in which the offense mustered up all of three points, Smith Sr. put on his cape . . . but not to save the struggling passer.

“Well, I don’t wanna be Captain Petty, but there were times—where I had the All-22 and I looked back—and he’s looking at one side of the field,” Smith Sr. said. “And there is Shi Smith running an under route, a zone route, a flare—and whether Z, Y, X, drive—and he’s looking to the right and never looks at the next progression. So there were a few times where he did not throw the football.”

When he did throw the football, Mayfield connected on 21 of his 33 attempts for 196 and two interceptions. As a whole, Carolina amassed just 205 total yards of offense and converted on just three of their 12 third-down tries.

Smith Sr. went on:

“Listen, this three-legged donkey that’s playing quarterback, it’s tough. Let me tell you, it’s tough to watch. Especially when the other team got a four-legged barrel bred.”

Oh, and there’s more:

“It is no possible way any team that’s looking for a foundational quarterback should sign Baker Mayfield,” he added of the soon-to-be free agent.

Well, unless the Panthers put him back in the stable, we’ll see if Mayfield gets a chance to kick back on these criticisms before the year is over.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2...s-qb-baker-mayfield-three-legged-donkey/

Legend
Legend
Nobody reads this stuff but you lol.

Also of note... Baker didn't tip well at a local restaurant last week.

1st String
1st String
Baker has an ego there despite trying to show his "nice" guy persona on TV commercials.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
O
Legend
Legend
O

Then you should expect the same on every detail of minutia that comes up on Captain McRapey. Not from me, and I'm just saying.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 11/24/22 11:20 AM.
Legend
Legend
J/C I hope Jacoby Gets a great ovation tomorrow. He’s been a warrior for us.

I think he’ll get a chance next year to be a bridge type QB again

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: mgh888
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Then you should expect the same on every detail of minutia that comes up on Captain McRapey. Not from me, and I'm just saying.

So interesting yet a typical move to derail this forum and the actual issue that the lowly Panthers have the exact same number of wins as the Browns do heading into week 12 of 18. Currently tied for the second fewest wins on the season in the NFL and we have a spirited Forum Topic about a QB that is no longer on the team though we (the Browns) are paying the majority of his salary. I personally don't care if Mayfield is the top ranked or last ranked QB currently in the league. What I do care about is the Browns and we have fans more focused on the player gone than our own team sporting the second worst win total (tied) in the league and trying to sell it to the forum as we are better than last year because Mayfield is gone. Huh Hmmm, our Browns record seems to verify that claim is a false narrative, like it or not. This is a-typical when there's no excuse for the activity - losing, you change the subject and find another excuse avenue to veer from the truth which is the Browns are a bad team with a very poor head coach that has squandered more individual talent on this current team than the last 5 Browns coaches before him combined. But hey, let's make it about Baker. rofl rofl rofl

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Hopefully, we won't need a bridge QB for at least five years.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I’m hoping longer than that lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B

The teams hasn't been introducing individual players for several games now. They just introduce the team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if J. Brisset had to start eleven games for the Browns in 2023, as well as 2022, it's almost 2023, only a few weekz until new yearz.
and it would be zo eazy to spin the talking to that he WONT loze 2 out of 3, or 75% of hiz ztartz because, he'll be in hiz 2nd year with the team, but.
It'z pretty much known how often J. Brizzet winz vz. lozzez in NFL ztartz.

Why would we have any expectationz for DeHaun Watzon, hiz contract money iz already guaranteed.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M

The teams hasn't been introducing individual players for several games now. They just introduce the team.

I assumed he meant after the game when players walk to the tunnel......giving him an ovation and thanking him for playing hard in a tough spot.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I assumed he meant after the game when players walk to the tunnel......giving him an ovation and thanking him for playing hard in a tough spot.

I didn't know what he meant. The team used to intro the starting units by player. They stopped some games ago. I assumed it was to avoid some of the members of the board booing Watson his first game in Cleveland.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
They can't hear us from our couch or the sports bar. They'll get enough bad press anyway.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

You guys still think that there is a debate here? Jacoby is hands down the better QB

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
That wasn't the question. Context is everything. The Browns aren't any better. Just look at the record.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
Legend
Legend
I just meant in general. Maybe when he first takes the field tomorrow

A
Legend
Legend
A
I just meant in general. Maybe when he first takes the field tomorrow

Here's the thing: We're all thinking this will be his last time playing for the Browns. DW starts the next week, with his 5 yr. guarantee. DW could be hurt on his first play, or in his second start, or whatever.

T
Legend
Legend
T
There hasn't even been a debate here, Baker is hands down the better QB and always has been.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
j/c,

You guys still think that there is a debate here? Jacoby is hands down the better QB

They are too insecure to admit they were wrong.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
j/c,

They are too insecure to admit they were wrong.

rofl rofl rofl tsktsk

Last edited by steve0255; 11/25/22 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Nice Steve excellent post
First of all
It is Mayfield plus
Williams wr Detroit on a rookie contract
Ojabo on a rookie contract
Grady Jarrett was available so we could have traded for him.
Plus with Clowney contract off the books this ensures that salary
Cap surplus would be 60 plus million.
Plus I would have 4 high draft picks.
Part 2 of argument we only win 3 games
I sign Cousins
Draft this year
Will Anderson
Michael Mayer tight end Notre dame
Round 3 jack Campbell Iowa linebacker
3 b (Mayfield comp)
Kelee Ringo db Georgia
Argument will be happy to play Jacoby Brissett
It is one of worst arguments to argue against this team.

B
Legend
Legend
B
It will be interesting this off season to see which of Brissett or Mayfield gets the most interest.

Baker has more talent, but Jacoby has a better mindset and leadership skills. Talent usually wins out.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Just a general question for anybody who knows. Carolina isn't going to trigger anything to put Bakers trade into a higher comp pick. So, is the trade for Baker over or will we still get something no matter how much Baker plays down the stretch?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I just looked...it will be a 5th rounder.

I just saw this where Baker throws shade at the Browns.

Bake is a funny guy.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2022/11/24/baker-mayfield-disowns-browns/

Last edited by Ballpeen; 11/26/22 06:08 AM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Nice Steve excellent post
First of all
It is Mayfield plus
Williams wr Detroit on a rookie contract
Ojabo on a rookie contract
Grady Jarrett was available so we could have traded for him.
Plus with Clowney contract off the books this ensures that salary
Cap surplus would be 60 plus million.
Plus I would have 4 high draft picks.
Part 2 of argument we only win 3 games
I sign Cousins
Draft this year
Will Anderson
Michael Mayer tight end Notre dame
Round 3 jack Campbell Iowa linebacker
3 b (Mayfield comp)
Kelee Ringo db Georgia
Argument will be happy to play Jacoby Brissett
It is one of worst arguments to argue against this team.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
He's a turd.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And so are you. But you're still here.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
3-7 Browns without the turd - 8-9 with the injured turd ooo rofl rofl rofl willynilly

OMG, Brissett and Watson in trouble with 2 injured OL going forward - injured turd plays 10 games w/o starting RT, 4.5 games w/o starting LT, 1 game w/o starting C - no excuse for inured QB's play

Chubb and Hunt are playing spectacular in 2022 with a 3-7 record - 2021, Chubb misses 4 games and Hunt misses 9 games, all Mayfield's fault the Browns are losing

Opinion, Mayfield's a turd - rebuttal: rofl rofl rofl tsktsk

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And so are you. But you're still here.

Told you the excuses would be flying all over the place for poor play this year that he wouldn't think of allowing to be used last year -
willynilly

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Better w/Brissett or Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard