Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Fact. Nick Chubb is the best RB in the NFL. As a matter
Of fact, he is HoF talent.
He isn't going anywhere. Hei is under contract.
But the reality is, this team might be better off in the long
Run trading Chubb. You could get just as much or more
For him than the Panthers received for CM.

Oh know, how this fanbase would react..."oh gosh no
He is the heart and soul of this team , he is what a Brown
Is being about....blah blah I named my son after him
I named my pet zebra after him....yadda yadda."

The fact is, this is a QB WR driven league.teams can no
Longer ride the shoulders of a RB to the SB...Ala
Ottis Anderson, Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott, Jamal Lewis.

The Browns have the best run blocking oline in the NFL
You can put any RB in place of Chubb and get 4.0 a pop

Here's the thing. Cause of the Watson trade, this front
Needs to exhaust any avenue to acquire draft picks.
Plus Berry's drafting in The mid RDs has been porous
Where's the difference makers?

It's a passing driven league.
Does anyone thing the Falcons and Browns will be
In the SB this year?

1 member likes this: trebuhcs
Legend
Legend
somebody needs to cut your internet off.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
9 members like this: dawglover05, PitDAWG, PastorMarc
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL

I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by Swish
Haha I see you put tremdous thought in your response.
What has this team accomplished with the best RB
In the NFL?

F
Legend
Legend
F
If the defense was playing half as good as we thought they would be, we wouldn't even be having conversations like this.

The offense given it's current roster has not been the real problem here.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I 100% support this comment

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will say... Next year will be our window year and maybe 2 more years where we can get to the SB.

After that, we are going to be in cap hell and we will truly know Berry's talents with the cap.

There is absolutely 0 chance we trade Chubb for anything besides 20 first-round draft picks.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
I feel bad that we’re wasting his career here (kinda like Joe Thomas), but he’s gonna be a Brown for life. Sucks for him.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

That was one of the funniest things I've ever read. LOL!!!!

I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20

That was one of the funniest things I've ever read. LOL!!!!
I found it very funny. But as not as funny as some rather it appears to
Have Chubb here and not have a team that contends
For the playoffs. But I get it.people think with their hearts
And not there minds

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Chubb is a guy that is the kind of player that a culture can be built around. He is not overrated nor is he underachieving. He's quiet...but leads with his play and effectiveness.

You wanna trade a 'valuable' asset to recoup draft picks? Trade Myles for a haul. IMO you can't pay a guy $29 MM/year who has no leadership traits and who the local radio guys call a 'snowflake' (Monday morning WKNR after the Chargers debacle). If someone would be dumb enough...trade them Ward and that albatross of a contract.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This thread should be thrown in the nether reaches of hell.

I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Chubb is a guy that is the kind of player that a culture can be built around. He is not overrated nor is he underachieving. He's quiet...but leads with his play and effectiveness.

You wanna trade a 'valuable' asset to recoup draft picks? Trade Myles for a haul. IMO you can't pay a guy $29 MM/year who has no leadership traits and who the local radio guys call a 'snowflake' (Monday morning WKNR after the Chargers debacle). If someone would be dumb enough...trade them Ward and that albatross of a contract.
What is the culture now?

O
Legend
Legend
O
We just traded away our future for DW so we can make a run, and your logic is to now trade Chubb for what? Picks like Carolina just got for their rb? SMFH.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
There is nothing wrong w/the culture here. It's just spiteful ex-fans of the team making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
There is nothing wrong w/the culture here. It's just spiteful ex-fans of the team making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You been in the locker room? Is this first hand knowledge?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Are we already at the "Troll the Boards" point of the season?? I really need to start putting this on my calendar

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: FATE
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Apparently Joel Bitonio is concerned about there being a culture of players who don't know how to act like professionals...so there's that.

1 member likes this: mgh888
A
Legend
Legend
A

Apparently Joel Bitonio is concerned about there being a culture of players who don't know how to act like professionals...so there's that.

I love how baker hater said "spiteful EX fans...."

1 member likes this: mgh888
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Because anyone who disagrees with "I know more than anyone about football" cannot be a fan. He tries to control the board and now who's a fan and who is not.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Um, no. We don’t trade Chubb. We haven’t had Watson yet so it is pointless to make a major change like that. Personally I doubt we could just plug any back in and get what we get from Chubb. I also think Hunt might be declining but I could be wrong.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by steve0255

Because anyone who disagrees with "I know more than anyone about football" cannot be a fan. He tries to control the board and now who's a fan and who is not.

Correct. And, I'm not an ex-fan. Seems the person we are talking about puts posters he disagrees with on 'ignore', but I promise, he reads them. I'm glad he didn't teach my kids. Oh, and maybe he should realize this isn't his middle school classroom where he gets to dictate what is discussed.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Nick Chubb has the ability and opportunity to break the all time single season rushing record. I say if Ski orients this offense to achieve just that, we can still make the playoffs. I'm serious. There are ZERO questions about the Offensive effort.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
O
Legend
Legend
O

The guy who left the board for months over Baker being QB talking about hateful fans?... I didn't see that coming!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/21/22 10:16 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

The guy who left the board for months over Baker being QB talking about hateful fans?... I didn't see that coming!

Flag on the play! 15 yds for piling on. Enough guys.....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
A
Legend
Legend
A
No, it's not enough. Some dude that claims he knows more than others? Screw him. He puts those that don't see it his way on 'ignore'. His disappearance for a long time, only to re emerge once his hated player was traded, and his constant bringing up the guy that isn't on our team? C'mon. We've been told, ever since he came back, that we would be so much better with Jacoby.....................yeah, baker isn't here, yet he still brings him up in almost every post............and forget about the current players saying there's an issue. Stefanski is good, Woods is good, it's just that the rest of us are too stupid to get it. Right.

Legend
Legend
I jumped on here after reading the title.
I immediately jumped to the "reply" feature without reading a damn thang.
This is my initial response to just the title alone:

Foo-... is you crazy?

Even Art (freakking) Modell (may he roast in Hell) never considered trading away Jim Brown in his prime.
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Fact. Nick Chubb is the best RB in the NFL. As a matter
Of fact, he is HoF talent.
He isn't going anywhere. Hei is under contract.
But the reality is, this team might be better off in the long
Run trading Chubb. You could get just as much or more
For him than the Panthers received for CM.

Oh know, how this fanbase would react..."oh gosh no
He is the heart and soul of this team , he is what a Brown
Is being about....blah blah I named my son after him
I named my pet zebra after him....yadda yadda."

The fact is, this is a QB WR driven league.teams can no
Longer ride the shoulders of a RB to the SB...Ala
Ottis Anderson, Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott, Jamal Lewis.

The Browns have the best run blocking oline in the NFL
You can put any RB in place of Chubb and get 4.0 a pop

Here's the thing. Cause of the Watson trade, this front
Needs to exhaust any avenue to acquire draft picks.
Plus Berry's drafting in The mid RDs has been porous
Where's the difference makers?

It's a passing driven league.
Does anyone thing the Falcons and Browns will be
In the SB this year?

This, right here is why the NFL has:

32 General Managers
32 Head Coaches
32 OC's
32 DC's
hundreds of professional position coaches, analysts, trainers and support crew...
...and you ain't one of any of them.

The Universe still makes sense... at least on this level.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: jfanent, PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

It might be essential to the internet's survival.

1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend

Respectfully disagree, Vers.

This team does still have culture issues.
Granted, they are not as messed-up as the culture we had when Crennel got fired/Savage tweeted "Go root for Buffalo"/Hue: 1-31... but we're not out of the woods yet. I'm more confident about the decision-makers we currently have in place than at any time since The Return, but I have to also say this:

I still don't trust ownership enough to ignore the loudest 'howling dawgs' in our pack. If they let things ride out, and allow the command structure they've put in place self-correct...
...THIS will be the first time (the very first time) that they give any plan more than 3 years to work itself out.

The culture is set by ownership.

Since 1999, Cleveland has been home to a culture of ineptitude, constant turnover, short attention span, knee-jerk reaction, and endless attempts at instant gratification through quick-fixes. Double-digit FOs/Admin. More starting QB's than seasons back in the league.

I'm telling you, Vers: we are right back where we always find ourselves: 3 years in, hitting all the usual NFL seasonal speed bumps... and seeing rising numbers of Battered Dawgs now howling for player benchings, play-calling changeovers, and outright coach firings.

Dawg- you know me. You already know what I'm gonna say next.

This is the watershed year for this current admin. We've never crossed this threshold since the Romeo days. And Browns fans are right on schedule for pressuring another big PurgeMove- 'cause that's what we're good at.
We have a 3-year attention span. It's the most we've ever been able to muster from ourselves. And 3 years is the base foundation of any solid structure. You can't build a culture with less than this, and you can't build a culture UNTIL you've passed this threshold.

If JimmyDee want to establish a new culture, they'll stop playing 'the tease,' and actually commit to a vision/purpose/course of action.

If the commit to that, they'll stay the course, with surgical, strategic hirings/firings at season's end.
If they're st00pit, they'll do what they've always done since 1999: scrap it all, and start all over.

I see this season as an acid test of JimmyDee's resolve:
So much on-paper talent, so far into a quality build, so invested in a FQB (at unprecedented cost) who can't yet play-
...and I still don't trust them to not s#scuttle the entire project, squandering the talent pool and FO/coaching infrastructure we've amassed.

CLE culture begins and ends with ownership.
We fans have sucked wind and struggled since the day Art Modell bought the team. Look at the pattern & frequency of firings/hirings regardless of the owners' names: no child allowed to live beyond the age of 3-4. Since the 1960's. Look it up, folks.

JimDee have a chance to break that cycle. Right now. Make a choice/stick with that decision.

I'm on the fence as to how I think they'll fall.

JimDee are the Browns, for better or worse.

just sayin'

4 members like this: mac, Hammer, 10sDawg
V
Legend
Legend
V
Respectfully disagree, Vers.

I can't argue w/any of what you are saying, Clem. I'll even comment on some of what you said and perhaps reiterate it. My comment that you quoted is about a manufactured claim by a small group of posters. I know you don't come over here much, but they're a vindictive, spiteful group that has poisoned this forum and we have lost a lot of good posters due to the personality crap that rears its ugly head daily. Some people are secure enough to admit when they are wrong. Others are not and they lash out much like a spoiled child would.

Regarding your thoughts on the subject. I agree w/you about the FO and HC being on the same page. We've long said that it's important to have those guys working collaboratively, rather than stabbing one another in the back while trying to accumulate more power.

I also agree w/you about ownership. In the past, both Junior and Jimmy have caved in to the negative narrative spewed by the local media and the "sports radio" public. I have no idea how ownership will react this time. I think Dee is more level-headed than Jimmy. I think that having Depo, Berry, and Stefanski aligned might improve the chances of continuity than what occurred between Depo/Sashi vs Hue or Depo vs Dorsey.

I think that it's okay for some of us fans to express that we want continuity. I don't think everyone has to jump on the Fire so and so train. I feel that it is in the best interests of the organization and football team to keep the principle pieces in place. If the DC or STC has to go at the end of the year, so be it. However, I think it is very important that we keep both Berry and Stefanski on board. Depo, I'm not too worried about. If there was ever a nuclear bombing, three things would crawl out from the rumble. A cockroach, a rat, and Depo. Dude is a survivor.

With all that said, you are right in that we really don't know what ownership will do. They certainly will be tested. Personally, I am sick of redos. I have a hunch you may be, as well.

Appreciate the manner in which you disagreed w/me. Reasonable debate is always welcomed.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Part of contending is having players with whom you can contend. To me it would make much more sense to trade Hunt and extend DJ a few years. Ride with a backfield of Chubb, DJ, and Ford.

Those 3 are somewhat the same type of back, so if we feel we need a 3rd down type, get one via trade, draft, or free agency. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

With the value that backs bring, we could get almost as much for Hunt as we could for Chubb.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Part of contending is having players with whom you can contend. To me it would make much more sense to trade Hunt and extend DJ a few years. Ride with a backfield of Chubb, DJ, and Ford.

Those 3 are somewhat the same type of back, so if we feel we need a 3rd down type, get one via trade, draft, or free agency. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

With the value that backs bring, we could get almost as much for Hunt as we could for Chubb.
I wouldn't trade Chubb this year but, if this team doesn't make
The playoffs this year. Then I think it's a possibility I'd explore
Next season. This roster needs to recoup as many draft picks
As it can in the next 3 years.
Chubb is the best back in the league.
But as good as he is a luxury, but not essential to this team
This team being a playoff contender.
How essential are running backs to the Chiefs,Bills success?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Are you referring to the poster who had to leave the board because he hated said player so much? Only reappeared when the player was no longer on the team, and just since spent endless hours trying to pile on hate and bile on said player no longer on the team. The same guy studiously ignoring and deflecting from actual players own words in the locker room?

As for the original post and the headline, yes, Nick chubbs trade value will never be higher because he is the best running back in the league on a team friendly contract. That much is true. However, teams generally don't trade their very best player unless they are in complete tank and rebuild mode. The idea that teams get rid of their best players for draft picks, especially ones with such questionable draft history as ours, is faulty logic.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

It might be essential to the internet's survival.
Explain to me why Nick Chubb is so "untouchable?"
He is one player of 52 on this roster
But the Browns roster needs a serious infusion of talent
Via the Draft. And since Berry traded 3 1s , you have somehow
Replenish what he gave up.
This team has 1 playoff appearance in 5 years with Chubb as its
#1 RB. And yeah the Browns aren't making the playoffs this year

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The greatest Browns player (not just RB) since Jim Brown and you think that Draft picks can replace that?

notallthere

How long have you been a fan? ... we would squander those picks as we have always done too.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
The greatest Browns player (not just RB) since Jim Brown and you think that Draft picks can replace that?

notallthere

How long have you been a fan? ... we would squander those picks as we have always done too.

But we can trade him and get more than he's worth. We'll use that 2nd rounder and get a player better than Jim Brown!!

Use your head!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]

The OP gets the stiff arm.

Legend
Legend
Lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Is that you Scare Crow?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Nick Chubb. His trade value won't be any higher

Link Copied to Clipboard