Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Part of contending is having players with whom you can contend. To me it would make much more sense to trade Hunt and extend DJ a few years. Ride with a backfield of Chubb, DJ, and Ford.

Those 3 are somewhat the same type of back, so if we feel we need a 3rd down type, get one via trade, draft, or free agency. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

With the value that backs bring, we could get almost as much for Hunt as we could for Chubb.
I wouldn't trade Chubb this year but, if this team doesn't make
The playoffs this year. Then I think it's a possibility I'd explore
Next season. This roster needs to recoup as many draft picks
As it can in the next 3 years.
Chubb is the best back in the league.
But as good as he is a luxury, but not essential to this team
This team being a playoff contender.
How essential are running backs to the Chiefs,Bills success?

I agree in general about backs. You can find good backs all over the draft. I also agree that having the best back is somewhere down the list as comparted to having the best player at some other position.

As to getting picks, we don't have to get picks for 3 years. We are missing picks the next 2 years. I would also say that as good as Chubb is, I doubt you would get what McCaffery brought.

All said and done, I doubt it happens and I have expressed my feelings so I don't have anything else to add.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
you have to wonder if Hunt will be traded if we lose today. The year would be gone and we’ll lose him for nothing after this season (unless we think he’ll sign a deal worthy of a comp pick)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
you have to wonder if Hunt will be traded if we lose today. The year would be gone and we’ll lose him for nothing after this season (unless we think he’ll sign a deal worthy of a comp pick)

Yep. The Hunt clock ticks in earnest if we screw the pooch today.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
There is nothing wrong w/the culture here. It's just spiteful ex-fans of the team making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Yeah, it's no problem when Myles is saying things to the press. Only when Baker did it. I guess you must be watching all the enthusiasm on the field from our D that nobody else can see.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
The team is a mess. Mayfield being here wouldn’t change that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No it wouldn't. Mayfield certainly wouldn't be the solution. My point is that the poster I addressed made huge issues out of the things Mayfield said to the press. He used it as what was wrong with the culture. As if Mayfield leaving would help solve that. Now when it's Myles doing the same thing suddenly it's not an issue.

I totally agree with you that Mayfield wouldn't help the culture. My point is that Mayfield wasn't the driving force behind the culture issue. It runs deep and now that he's left it still remains. It is the selective nature of it that I'm pointing out.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
I feel bad for Chubb. High character guy. Let's his play
On the field do the talking. So many great NFL RBs barely
Got to see the playoffs.
O.J Simpson. Floyd Little. Chuck Muncie. Joe Washington
Nick Chub

L
Legend
Legend
L
You forgot Barry Sanders. But trading Chubb would be foolish. You CAN get a good back in later rounds, but a back like Chubb is special. Start watching the games, he’s probably the best RB in football. Durable. And the heart of our offence.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How long have you been a Browns fan? Have you not seen what our front office usually does with a bunch of draft picks? Nothing, usually.

Sure we would probably get a nice haul for him, but the front office would waste most of the picks and you would end up with nothing in return. We've been there and done that many times with trading down in the draft, this would just be a similar result.

I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by lampdogg
You forgot Barry Sanders. But trading Chubb would be foolish. You CAN get a good back in later rounds, but a back like Chubb is special. Start watching the games, he’s probably the best RB in football. Durable. And the heart of our offence.
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I truly understand how special and unique his talents are.trust me I watch
Like any other on here. But does his special skill set
Equate to wins? And when a team like Browns struggles to win
And the fanbase deals with losing week after week, you find
Any ray of light you can with players that stand out.
As great as Chubb is, he is just one player.
This roster isn't as talented as people believe
The dline has one playmaker. The LBers as a unit are bottom 5
In the NFL. Conklin can't play a full season .RT is a quiet issue.
The WR core has 1 playmaker.
Because the Browns don't have 1st RD picks for 3 years.
It's imperative that not only the front office hit on the 2nd and 3rd
And 4th RDers, they have be difference makers sooner
Than later. So how does this front acquire picks?
You deal from a position of strength and surplus.
The RB position

L
Legend
Legend
L
Okay then, I see your points, and that’s where Hunt might come into play, as a trade chip. I don’t even wanna trade Kareem but I get the business. But Nick in my mind, is off-limits.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Legend
Legend
P
No "one player" alone equates to a winning team. But I somehow think you are missing out on the timing of your suggestion. As much as I hate bringing watson to Cleveland for reasons I've made quite obvious elsewhere, nobody can say he isn't what is considered a franchise QB. The last thing you would want to do is trade away the best RB in the NFL at a time when you will be seeing the team get a franchise QB.

From my understanding Chubb is under contract through the 2024 season. That gives the Browns two full seasons with Chubb and watson on the roster. Trading away Chubb would make the Browns a one dimensional offense. The Browns have the ability to have the best RB in the NFL combined with a true franchise QB at the same time. A team that can beat you with the pass and the run. Something we haven't seen since the return of the team in 1999. This would be the most foolish and untimely trade I could think of at this time.

Peen brought up a point that the reason they may be using Hunt less is to help insure his health while possibly seeking a trade. While that wouldn't be my preference it makes sense and would be as far more logical move.

It would be a huge advantage having both watson and Chubb on the same roster. An advantage I think would be crazy to give up.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Agree.

Hunt is and has been our biggest trade chip for three years.

"Kareem Hunt. His trade value won't be any higher" has been true the whole time. We haven't exposed any downside because we have Chubb. His upside is basically unexplored (since leaving the Chiefs) because we have Nick Chubb.

Because teams are still enamored with the possibility of Hunt being a true #1 workhorse, the return on the trade wouldn't be much different. In fact, as I've said many times (while posters threw shade acting as if I was advocating a trade), I wouldn't accept anything less than a 2nd round pick for Hunt anyway.

If the Browns were to keep Hunt and trade Chubb, I could walk away happy; knowing I could be released from my sentence as there was absolutely no hope for this franchise.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Nick Chubb is on pace for 1787 yards this season. He has over 3.2 miles for his career. Next season, his sixth as a Brown, he will pass Mike Pruitt and Leroy Kelley to be second to only the great Jim Brown.

His trade value will be even higher and he still won't be traded.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yea, this thread should have been a Kareem Hunt thread, not a Hall of Famer Nick Chubb thread.

Legend
Legend
I haven’t seen them all (and none of them before Metcalf), but Chubb is the 2nd best RB in our franchise’s history … and I’m confident in saying that.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I haven’t seen them all (and none of them before Metcalf), but Chubb is the 2nd best RB in our franchise’s history … and I’m confident in saying that.

He had the ability to be the best

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
jc

we should trade garrett too

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I saw someone mentioned the possibility of trading Greedy … not sure anything we’d get (maybe like a 7th rounder) would even be worth it. He’s at least a viable athlete at the CB position

Legend
Legend
Trade them all trade 53 players all for 7th round picks in the 2090 NFL draft.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sacrilege!!!

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trading Nick Chubb would take more Cajones than trading an entire draft class for Ricky Williams, Mike Ditka. Neither Washington or New Orleans won a Super Bowl.

You need good players to win. Chubb is a great player, and probably in the top 20 in the league. Legitimate MVP candidate.

It’s a terrible idea borderline trolling.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
I'd feel better about the whole thing if I thought it was just trolling. Sadly, I don't think it is.

To each his own, I guess.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Package deal? Think of the possibilities!!!

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]

The OP gets the stiff arm.

I just reviewed this thread.
"After further review...
...I really think we could have closed this thread after this post."

rofl

Bro- maybe you don't understand what football is all about.
This .gif represents what football is all about.

You actually WANT this on your team.
You want as much of this on your team as you can get.
Trust me.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: SuperBrown, PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

"After further review...

rofl

No crap. Look at that punk bounce off the field.

3 members like this: Clemdawg, SuperBrown, FORTBROWNFAN
Legend
Legend
#concussionprototcol.
#outfor3weex.

Thank You, SuperBrown for this MicDrop.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
Nick Chubb is on pace for 1787 yards this season. He has over 3.2 miles for his career. Next season, his sixth as a Brown, he will pass Mike Pruitt and Leroy Kelley to be second to only the great Jim Brown.

His trade value will be even higher and he still won't be traded.

Chubb isn't going anywhere nor should he be going anywhere. However, as a FO, there's an elephant in the room that has to be on the mind of the FO. Ignoring the elephant and the history of the elephant could be disastrous for the Browns.

Chubb will turn 27 in December; Hunt is already 27 and Johnson turns 27 in February.

Running Back is still by far the least durable position in the NFL.

The average NFL career span of players by position, Running Backs — 2.57 years. That trend in itself means the Browns are on borrowed time.

The production of the running back usually starts to trend down when we see these players hit the age of 28.

Workload and the number of touches can play a factor in longevity. Chubb is on pace for 337 touches in 2022 which would be the most touches he's ever had in a season.

On average, running backs with 300 to 369 touches who do not play in the postseason will see total yards drop by 15 percent the following year, and yards per touch by two percent or more.

History shows that players (any age) who get above 369 touches [370 to 389 touches] average a 27 percent drop in total yards, and a 10 percent drop in yards per touch the following year. It becomes important that the Browns control the amount of Chubb usage going forward.
Back in the year 2000, Doug Driner (then of Pro-Football-Reference.com) did a little data mining. For all running backs in the NFL from 1998 on, Diner looked at what percentage of running backs tended to improve statistically from one year to the next. He found that backs mostly improve up to age 27 - then as many improve as decline during their age 27 year - from age 28 on, they mostly decline.

It's too bad that by the time most backs are (age 27), their skills are about to start to evaporate.

The Browns RB room is heading into the decline zone - thus the elephant in the room.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

"After further review...

rofl

No crap. Look at that punk bounce off the field.

That's right up there with Kevin Mack knocking out Greg Lloyd
Big Mack Attack

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
2 members like this: SuperBrown, FATE
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Part of contending is having players with whom you can contend. To me it would make much more sense to trade Hunt and extend DJ a few years. Ride with a backfield of Chubb, DJ, and Ford.

Those 3 are somewhat the same type of back, so if we feel we need a 3rd down type, get one via trade, draft, or free agency. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

With the value that backs bring, we could get almost as much for Hunt as we could for Chubb.
I wouldn't trade Chubb this year but, if this team doesn't make
The playoffs this year. Then I think it's a possibility I'd explore
Next season. This roster needs to recoup as many draft picks
As it can in the next 3 years.
Chubb is the best back in the league.
But as good as he is a luxury, but not essential to this team
This team being a playoff contender.
How essential are running backs to the Chiefs,Bills success?

Well, both just traded for running backs because theirs' suck. And for both teams, their weakness is the lack of a running game. In Buffalo, Josh Allen is the running game, and he WILL get hurt at some point if that continues. Watch that team completely crater if he does. Having Chubb makes the passing game better, whoever the QB may be. And being able to grind out games late is amazingly helpful. Chubb has won us several games this year, that the defense turned around and gave away.

How do you think the team reacts if we trade a player universally loved, and who does nothing but show up, play hard, and score TDs?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by steve0255
Back in the year 2000, Doug Driner (then of Pro-Football-Reference.com) did a little data mining. For all running backs in the NFL from 1998 on, Diner looked at what percentage of running backs tended to improve statistically from one year to the next. He found that backs mostly improve up to age 27 - then as many improve as decline during their age 27 year - from age 28 on, they mostly decline.

It's too bad that by the time most backs are (age 27), their skills are about to start to evaporate.

The Browns RB room is heading into the decline zone - thus the elephant in the room.

If he did that study in 2000 with a data pool from 1998 on, isn't that a rather small snapshot? You also have to figure in the number of rb's that just don't cut it in the NFL and only last a season or 2. I think Chubb and Hunt are in their prime.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think that the RB room is in great shape.

Chubb is 26. Hunt is 27, but will probably be gone next year. DEJ is 26 and Ford is 23.

Additionally, people on here b**** about Chubb not being used enough, but I think the Browns have been smart to ensure that they have at least two backs to share the load. Chubb gets plenty of carries, but we aren't running him into the ground like Dallas did w/Zeke when he came into the league.

2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE
R
Legend
Legend
R
I honestly feel the team wants Chubb here beyond his current contract and are managing his carries with an eye toward the future. That doesn't mean you should sacrifice wins today, but I believe they are being smart with him for that reason.

That's my hope anyway.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I think that the RB room is in great shape.

Chubb is 26. Hunt is 27, but will probably be gone next year. DEJ is 26 and Ford is 23.

Additionally, people on here b**** about Chubb not being used enough, but I think the Browns have been smart to ensure that they have at least two backs to share the load. Chubb gets plenty of carries, but we aren't running him into the ground like Dallas did w/Zeke when he came into the league.

QFT.

And as far as Steve and the "elephant in the room". I understand the data points, but will choose to trust the organization with an analytics dept the size of the pentagon. j/s

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by steve0255

If he did that study in 2000 with a data pool from 1998 on, isn't that a rather small snapshot? You also have to figure in the number of rb's that just don't cut it in the NFL and only last a season or 2. I think Chubb and Hunt are in their prime.

An interesting variable is the increase in RBs used regularly in a team's backfield and how snaps have become more diversified. And this is just a few years time. Not many teams use RBs like the did 10, 20 years ago, imo...Or at least not as often.

Tackles are tackles.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Little early for this trade after all we are going to win 6 games this year with Deshaun at QB.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Little early for this trade after all we are going to win 6 games this year with Deshaun at QB.

Legend
Legend
I think you have a twin.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Sorry somethings need to be repeated.

1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
Legend
Legend
rofl

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Nick Chubb. His trade value won't be any higher

Link Copied to Clipboard