Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...eteran-rb-as-well-as-cb-greedy-williams/

The NFL trade deadline is just eight days away, and all 32 teams will be exploring how they can upgrade their rosters. The Cleveland Browns are reportedly listening to offers on two players who could attract some interest.

The Browns are listening to offers on running back Kareem Hunt and cornerback Greedy Williams, per 247Sports. Hunt was the subject of trade rumors this offseason. The veteran back reportedly informed the Browns in August that he was seeking a contract extension, and even sat out of some team drills. Cleveland.com reported that Hunt asked for a trade, while CBS Sports NFL Insider Jonathan Jones reported that the Browns had no interest in dealing him. However, things have apparently changed.

headshot-image
team logo
Kareem Hunt
CLE • RB • 27
ATT
YDS
TD
FL
View Profile
In seven games played this season, Hunt has recorded 350 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns on 81 touches. He's averaging 37.6 rushing yards per game and a career-low 12.4 receiving yards per game. The Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos and Los Angeles Rams all reportedly checked in with the Carolina Panthers before they traded star running back Christian McCaffrey to the San Francisco 49ers. Maybe one of those teams could be interested in Hunt. The 2017 NFL rushing yards leader played in just eight games for the Browns last year due to a calf injury.

As for Williams, the second-round pick out of LSU in 2019 has played in just two games this year due to a hamstring injury, and has recorded four tackles. Last season in 16 games played, Williams recorded a career-high 10 passes defensed and 41 combined tackles. Cornerbacks Denzel Ward and Greg Newsome II are ahead of him on the Browns depth chart. Just 24-years-old, there should be a few teams interested in the former two-time All-SEC player.”

Well, Trading Kareem Hunt is essentially throwing in the towel on the season. Nice to see us already rebuilding.

Last edited by RememberMuni; 10/24/22 08:11 PM.
L
Legend
Legend
L
If they trade hunt I hope that Berry won’t be here to waste the picks and stefanski won’t be here to fail at using them

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Legend
Legend
T
meltdown Chernobyl

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
It’s time. Hunt won’t be back. This year is shot (and Hunt hasn’t been the old Hunt all year).

Greedy has had one of the most “meh” careers ever. Not sure what he’d even bring back.

I’m good with trading at this point

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Can’t argue. It’s just hard to believe that this team is already focused on the draft. Talk about a waste of a season. I look at what the Bears are doing to New England right now and wonder if it’s time to start rebuilding. We’re clearly going nowhere with the way this team is constructed. 5 solid years of tanking and what do we have to show for it? Nothing. A super bowl appearance or even a conference title game appearance was too much to expect. Unreal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why not at this point?

[Linked Image]

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
It’s time. Hunt won’t be back. This year is shot (and Hunt hasn’t been the old Hunt all year).

Greedy has had one of the most “meh” careers ever. Not sure what he’d even bring back.

I’m good with trading at this point
Hunt looks fine, stefanski doesn’t give him touches, much like chubb

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
This year is lost, and they aren't going to re-sign Greedy or Hunt. Might as well get value for them while we can.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
Legend
Legend
I actually was hoping to see more of Dernest now. Kinda surprised he hasn’t seen the field much

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
If you’re not even going to give Nick Chubb the ball, then you don’t need the best second string RB in the league.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Just to throw a fact in to the mix of doom, gloom, and fairy tales.............the Browns currently rank 5th overall in rushing attempts per game. Not sure who is getting all those carries if Chubb and Hunt aren't?

B
Legend
Legend
B
I have been saying that trading Hunt is the only real option is you are smart. I don't see the upside of keeping him the rest of the season to see him go away and not get anything in return.

Hunt could bring a decent receiver and or a decent pick. In a situation where people are complaining about having poor receivers and or not having draft picks, I don't get the beef people have over trading the guy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Unless we think we’d get a compensatory pick after he signs elsewhere. Not sure what the market would be for him as a FA

B
Legend
Legend
B
Unless we think we’d get a compensatory pick after he signs elsewhere. Not sure what the market would be for him as a FA

I am not sure if we would or wouldn't. I am not even sure if we can since we signed him as a FA.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Trading Hunt at this point is probably a smart move. We have DEJ behind him and he has proven he can be effective. We almost certainly won't be able to keep Hunt next year.

I would not trade Greedy. You can never have too many corners in today's NFL, which is a passing league.

M
Legend
Legend
M

If the FO knows the chances of keeping him are slim, then trading him for an asset(s) makes a ton of sense. We have D'Ernst Johnson and drafted Jerome Ford so potential depth is there. This team is 2-5 and weeks away from Watson starting so the playoffs are a longshot at best. Get some draft capital if you are pretty sure he won't be playing for you next year.

If Buffalo was trying to get CMC, maybe they'll try to be in on Hunt as well?

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't see much interest and/or trade return in Greedy. Nothing special up to this point and often injured.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
I don't see much interest and/or trade return in Greedy. Nothing special up to this point and often injured.

Neither do I, but if the reports are accurate, at least a few teams are kicking the tires. I can't imagine it would be for much. Maybe a 6th at best, at least as I would value the deal, but who knows?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
For a team not going to the playoffs this year, who are not signing either player beyond this year ... it makes perfect sense. But one more "Meh" moment when you realize what this means.

Not at all sure what a team would give you for Greedy - possibly a conditional 6th or 7th? Hunt might get you a 5th or 6th - wonder how much his value dropped from the start of the year when he wanted to be traded and the last tape on him was from 2021 when he appeared to be a bigger impact in the game than this year?

Last edited by mgh888; 10/25/22 08:47 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
That is why I have wanted to trade Hunt early on. Especially when it became apparent that Ford looks to be pretty good.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think it would be dumb to trade Greedy. Ward is dealing w/his second concussion [that we know of] and that is a scary proposition. It's a passing league. You need corners. A late round pick for a guy who can play corner? Nah, that would be dumb.

I do get trading Hunt, though.

1 member likes this: FATE
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed the way the league is you need all the good DB's you can have. Greedy has been hurt more than you'd like to see but has played decent when healthy.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Greedy is trash, we'd be lucky to get a conditional 7th for him. Always hurt and is a walking PI call. So your one good player, openly lobbys to keep his friend who also happens to be one of only other good players on the team and you want to trade him... I rather trade Ward than hunt. maybe we can sucker a team into thinking Ward is worth the 100m

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Just to throw a fact in to the mix of doom, gloom, and fairy tales.............the Browns currently rank 5th overall in rushing attempts per game. Not sure who is getting all those carries if Chubb and Hunt aren't?

After last week we were 2nd in the league. This week we slipped to 5th.
If the touches continue to drop, Cleveland will be out of the top 10 in the next 2 weeks.

RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

V
Legend
Legend
V
I said earlier that Ward had suffered two concussions in the NFL. It's actually three.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Trailing by double digits lends itself to having to pass more later in games. All I know is that people saying we don't use Chubb and Hunt are wrong. Period.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Shocked these are the only 2 on the market. Hunt should bring us something of value, not sure what Greedy can bring in.

All Pro
All Pro
Other GMs knows that Berry is desperate and that will reflect Kareem and Greedy’s trade value. Apart from bad timing this once again gives vibes about another panic move from the Browns FO.

Why am I not surprised….

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Agreed. I'd be floored if the Browns could get higher than a conditional 6th for Greedy. Maybe they get a 5th for Hunt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Douglas is making calls to Berry to discuss a trade for Conklin. The Jets just lost their starting RT for the year and Conklin is on an expiring contract.

Berry may be waiting to see what happens vs the Bengals before going into total sell off mode. Browns lose and add Clowney to the list of possible trade candidates.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

From all indications Hunt was on the trading block for the right offer before the season even began. I don't see why anyone would think taking trade offers now would be any indication they're throwing in the towel. Hunt made it obvious he either wanted a long term deal or to be traded. His deal is up at the end of this season. The Browns have no intention of giving him a long term deal. So if they can get multiple offers now it would be the best possible scenario to facilitate a trade. The only obstacle I see is that whoever trades for him will have to work out an extension with him to make it worth their trouble.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't think we need to rebuild. We all know we can use 2 solid DT's and another Lb. We need another WR. We add another 5 good solid players in positions of need, and we've got the team we thought we had. If we had those 2 good DT's and DW playing at his normal level from the 1st game our record would probably be reversed. JMO

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I think it would be dumb to trade Greedy. Ward is dealing w/his second concussion [that we know of] and that is a scary proposition. It's a passing league. You need corners. A late round pick for a guy who can play corner? Nah, that would be dumb.

💯 Trading Greedy for next to nothing would be stupid. Ward will never, ever be a weekly shoe-n to be on the field.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, DawgPound75
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE

💯 Trading Greedy for next to nothing would be stupid. Ward will never, ever be a weekly shoe-n to be on the field.

Ward just needs to get his head right.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Trailing by double digits lends itself to having to pass more later in games. All I know is that people saying we don't use Chubb and Hunt are wrong. Period.

The Browns were blown out of the NE game, but your argument holds no water as Chubb only had 16 carries in a game that ended up being decided by 3 points.
Although the Ravens did get up early in the 3rd, sacks were taken at very inopportune times which took us out of FG range.

Down 3, 3:00 and change left in the first half at the ravens 40. Run the ball kick FG tie game at half!!!!!!!!
Not what happened. Drop back, sack, loss of 9 yards end up punting. THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!

Run the ball period.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I don't think we need to rebuild. We all know we can use 2 solid DT's and another Lb. We need another WR. We add another 5 good solid players in positions of need, and we've got the team we thought we had. If we had those 2 good DT's and DW playing at his normal level from the 1st game our record would probably be reversed. JMO

I think people often times see it as an all or nothing proposition. I'm pretty much with you in regards to a rebuild. I'm also not a proponent of standing pat. I do believe there are some obvious problems but unlike some others I'm not sure where that responsibility lies. There isn't a S that can cover the pass. They certainly need at least one more legit WR, interior DL help. The LB position seems very weak. The issue is that the Browns have the cap space to have easily addressed those needs and chose not to. The drafting has not really addressed these issues. I'm certainly confident that wasn't due to a lack of effort.

But somewhere there's a disconnect. The difference between myself and many others is I'm not sure where that disconnect is located. Is it the coaching staff that hasn't made it clear to the FO what it is they need? Is it that the coaching staff lacks the ability to clearly see those needs? Is it the analytics that say these aren't position groups that deserve heavy investment in? I have no idea the answer to those questions.

There is a middle ground between rebuild and stand pat. What I think needs to happen is to retool. There is clearly a problem that even us amateurs had a rasp of. Most on this board knew we needed another legit. WR. Not some #1 WR but a proven contributor with good hands and route running. Most understood the weakness on the interior of the DL. While not nearly all, but many knew the LB position needed addressed as well. Yet it took a 2-4 record before the FO made an attempt to address the LB position. I find it quite troublesome that even many of us knew these things while nothing was being done inside the organization to address them.

With watson waiting in the wings I think what most people see as a rebuild would be foolish at this time. Having the best RB in the NFL combined with one of the top tier QB's in the league presents this team with a very rare opportunity. What needs to be repaired is recognizing and addressing the teams needs. Will that take a new DC and or a new ST's coach? I can't say I'm sure about that either way. However IMO Stefanski isn't the issue with the exception that his hand may need to be forced into making some coaching staff changes he may not wish to make.

So I can see that there may be some issues that need to be addressed. However a from the ground up rebuild I don't see needed or a wise decision with where we stand. Often times it seems to me that the most visceral reactions come from those who had unrealistic expectations to begin with. Some were predicting a lot of wins even after knowing the team would be staring a back up QB for almost two thirds of the season.

I understand the disappointment in how the games are being lost. Better teams find a way to win while lesser teams seem to find a way to lose. It is certainly frustrating to watch. But yes, a retooling is needed at some level. But that's far short of a rebuild.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
3 members like this: 10sDawg, Homewood Dog, FATE
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Couldn't agree more with your post Pit. It seems to most of us there are issues going on behind the scenes. What exactly we don't know and who is responsible for whatever reasons we don't know but there are some issues no doubt. We can and have speculated but that's all we can do at this point.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by DawgPound75

The Browns were blown out of the NE game, but your argument holds no water as Chubb only had 16 carries in a game that ended up being decided by 3 points.
Although the Ravens did get up early in the 3rd, sacks were taken at very inopportune times which took us out of FG range.

Down 3, 3:00 and change left in the first half at the ravens 40. Run the ball kick FG tie game at half!!!!!!!!
Not what happened. Drop back, sack, loss of 9 yards end up punting. THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!

Run the ball period.

I don't think 16 carries is a grossly low amount. I wouldn't want to see him carry the ball 25 times a game.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wasn't arguing. I was presenting facts. Keep griping and complaining about everything. That will make things better.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns possibly looking to trade Kareem Hunt and Greedy.

Link Copied to Clipboard