Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Wow, sounds like this FO is throwing in the towel this season. Quiters.

I don't feel that way

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
trading Conklin might become a necessary evil. Maybe we think Hudson can fill in well enough and we can save some cap space, which will be needed now

I don't see it as an evil if it has been decided we can't/won't extend him a few years. It's just a reality at this point.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Pit...yea, we were pretty much saying the same thing...but let's not act as if Woods didn't have a say into what players he preferred.

IMO, it was obvious that Woods wanted small quick DTs vs run stopping, 330 pound DTs, who could bench 225 33 times. Like I said, let's not act like Woods didn't take the Browns DC job without telling the Browns what he needed to make his defense work.

This is an opinion, but there is absolutely no evidence to give credence to that opinion. As I have tried to show you, the 4-2-5 wants a big, heavy guy in the middle. It's sad that you and a handful of others have reached the point where you are willing to make things up in order to build up the momentum to have men get fired. These men have families and have worked their entire lives to get to this point. Presenting facts is one thing. Fabricating things like you and the other fans of an ex-player do is quite another. It's shameful.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Pit...yea, we were pretty much saying the same thing...but let's not act as if Woods didn't have a say into what players he preferred.

IMO, it was obvious that Woods wanted small quick DTs vs run stopping, 330 pound DTs, who could bench 225 33 times. Like I said, let's not act like Woods didn't take the Browns DC job without telling the Browns what he needed to make his defense work.

This is an opinion, but there is absolutely no evidence to give credence to that opinion. As I have tried to show you, the 4-2-5 wants a big, heavy guy in the middle.

What? No evidence? The evidence is that we still don't have the big NT that a 4-2-5 requires. If Woods IS NOT clamoring for that big NT, that's worse than him just rolling out the same damn scheme with the wrong players. No evidence...nah...just none that you want to acknowledge.

It's sad that you and a handful of others have reached the point where you are willing to make things up in order to build up the momentum to have men get fired. These men have families and have worked their entire lives to get to this point. Presenting facts is one thing. Fabricating things like you and the other fans of an ex-player do is quite another. It's shameful.

That is rich, rich irony coming from YOUR keyboard. rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

This is an opinion, but there is absolutely no evidence to give credence to that opinion. As I have tried to show you, the 4-2-5 wants a big, heavy guy in the middle.

What? No evidence? The evidence is that we still don't have the big NT that a 4-2-5 requires. If Woods IS NOT clamoring for that big NT, that's worse than him just rolling out the same damn scheme with the wrong players. No evidence...nah...just none that you want to acknowledge.

It's sad that you and a handful of others have reached the point where you are willing to make things up in order to build up the momentum to have men get fired. These men have families and have worked their entire lives to get to this point. Presenting facts is one thing. Fabricating things like you and the other fans of an ex-player do is quite another. It's shameful.

That is rich, rich irony coming from YOUR keyboard. rofl

So, let me get this straight. Am I to assume that depending which list (good or bad) that you fall on depending on "The Word of Vers" dictates whether you should be given consideration to the individual families and whether what they have done to this point in their life constitutes working their whole life to get to that point. Rich, rich irony indeed!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I understand that the Browns might be sellers as the trade deadline approaches. The Hunt rumors make sense. I don't agree w/them trading Conklin, but I get the logic that Milk spoke to. I kinda think trading Greedy makes no sense at all.

I also think that there is a chance that we might be buyers. I posted a tweet the other day about that very thing. Here is a decent article that talks about some of the guys who might become available. Note: Robert Quinn is on the list, but he was traded to the Eagles yesterday.

Players to watch ahead of the 2022 NFL trade deadline

Chicago, Illinois, USA; Houston Texans wide receiver Brandin Cooks (13) signals first down after a catch in the first quarter against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. Mandatory Credit: Daniel Bartel-USA TODAY Sports

By Ari Meirov
Oct 26, 2022
• RBs Kareem Hunt and Cam Akers still options: There has been rumored trade interest surrounding both for some time now, and the trade deadline could spur action on that front.

• Chase Claypool the odd man out in Pittsburgh?: With Diontae Johnson already extended and rookie George Pickens emerging as a legitimate threat, Claypool's time with the Steelers may come to an end.

• Broncos could be big sellers: Wide receivers Jerry Jeudy and K.J. Hamler and edge defender Bradley Chubb have all been rumored as potential trade pieces.

ESTIMATED READING TIME: 7 MINS
The NFL trade deadline was once a non-story. It would just come and go.

We still haven’t reached MLB or NBA trade-deadline territory, but times have changed. General managers are more aggressive, and teams are far more open to trading future assets.

We’ve already seen two running backs change teams, with the Carolina Panthers dealing Christian McCaffrey to the San Francisco 49ers and the Jacksonville Jaguars dealing James Robinson to the New York Jets. And we might just be getting started.

The Week 8 outcomes could determine which way some teams eventually sway. A 2-5 squad might feel better about themselves if they’re 3-5 rather than 2-6. But teams have been calling around and trying to feel out where other clubs stand in the trade market. And as the saying goes, “deadlines spur action…”

Let’s take a look at some players who could be traded ahead of the Nov. 1 deadline.

EDGE ROBERT QUINN, CHICAGO BEARS
Quinn put together a breakout year last season with a franchise-record 18.5 sacks. With a new regime coming in, the Bears traded Khalil Mack in the offseason — and Quinn also garnered interest. The Bears opted to keep him, but they might have some regrets. So far this season, Quinn has just one sack and two quarterback hits, and his 43.8 PFF grade is a career-low mark.

While a potential trade return might not be as great as it would've been in the offseason, teams are always looking for pass-rush help and Quinn has proven throughout his career that he can be productive.

Quinn has roughly $8 million remaining on his $12.8 million base salary this season. The Bears could eat some (or most) of that to better the compensation, similar to what the Denver Broncos did last year when they traded Von Miller. Quinn’s 2023 and 2024 salaries are non-guaranteed, giving an acquiring team some flexibility.

RB KAREEM HUNT, CLEVELAND BROWNS
Hunt requested a trade during training camp, but the team quickly said it wouldn't deal him. He’s in the final year of his contract and extension talks have not gone far. Cleveland has a disappointing 2-5 record on the year with a tough stretch of games ahead against the Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Hunt played a season-low 28 snaps on Sunday. His 62.3 PFF grade is the lowest of his career. With all the draft compensation Cleveland gave up to acquire quarterback Deshaun Watson (who returns in Week 13), moving Hunt could become a real option considering the circumstances.

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
The Steelers extended Diontae Johnson this offseason and have seen star potential out of rookie George Pickens. That leaves questions around Chase Claypool, who has a year and a half remaining on his rookie contract. Would Pittsburgh want to extend him after this season — especially considering their great track record with receivers in the draft?

The answer is likely no, opening the door for the team to at least consider a deal now. The former second-round pick has caught just 28 passes for 266 yards and one touchdown through seven games after racking up 850-plus yards in each of his first two seasons. Pittsburgh sits at 2-5 on the year and is set to take on the undefeated Eagles this week. Teams have called about Claypool, and if Pittsburgh is willing to drop the price a little, it could get interesting.

WR BRANDIN COOKS, HOUSTON TEXANS
It feels like Cooks has been in trade talks his entire career, despite being a very consistent offensive weapon and a solid professional. In fact, Cooks has been traded three times. Another would tie Eric Dickerson for most trades in one career.

There were talks about a potential trade this past offseason, but Houston eventually extended Cooks on a two-year, $40 million contract. The Texans won’t trade him for 75 cents on the dollar, but they still have an eye toward the future, and adding more premier draft capital could be tempting if that offer comes.

RB CAM AKERS, LOS ANGELES RAMS
Head coach Sean McVay reiterated this week that the team is still trying to trade Akers after the two sides were at odds regarding his usage. McVay also said there’s a scenario Akers where could be back, but at this point, that seems like something a coach would say just to maintain any leverage.

The Rams offered Akers along with their package of picks to the Carolina Panthers for Christian McCaffrey before Carolina ultimately took San Francisco‘s offer. Los Angeles will keep trying as the deadline nears.

EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Davenport is in the final year of his rookie contract, and the Saints' season has not gone as anticipated. The former first-round pick has recorded 20 total pressures and 15 quarterback hurries on the year, earning a solid 78.2 PFF grade.

With Davenport bound to become a free agent in March, New Orleans might just look to get something done now before he potentially leaves for nothing. It’s worth mentioning the Saints are without a first-round pick next year and their salary cap situation is not in the healthiest of spots.

EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB, DENVER BRONCOS
Similar to Davenport, Chubb is also in the final year of his rookie contract and the Broncos' season has been an abstract disaster. Chubb could be this year’s Von Miller for teams looking to add immediate pass-rush help on a rental contract. The former top-five pick has an 82.9 pass-rush grade this season, the best mark of his career. The Rams, who traded for Miller last year, would make a lot of sense.

WR JERRY JEUDY & K.J. HAMLER, DENVER BRONCOS
The Broncos extended two receivers at the end of last season, giving big-money deals to Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick. Both Hamler and Jeudy have one year remaining on their rookie contracts, though Jeudy has a team option, as well. Denver has received calls inquiring about both. Keep in mind the Broncos don’t have a first- or second-round pick in 2023. A loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 8 would make the chatter only louder.

CB WILLIAM JACKSON III, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
Jackson recently requested a trade, just one year after signing a three-year, $42 million free agent deal. He’s earned a career-low 49.6 PFF grade so far this season after posting a 59.3 grade last year. Jackson has been out due to a back injury, but it’s fair to wonder if the Commanders are just holding him out as they continue to look for a reasonable deal.

WR MARQUEZ CALLAWAY, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Callaway put together the best season of his NFL career last year with 46 catches for 698 yards and six touchdowns, earning a career-best 69.3 PFF grade. He took a bit of a backseat entering this season amid a crowded position room including Michael Thomas, Chris Olave and Jarvis Landry. Those guys have been banged up, but none of the injuries are believed to be long-term. Add in the emergence of undrafted free agent Rashid Shaheed, and Callaway’s name becomes an intriguing option. He’s set to be a restricted free agent after this season.

LB SHAQ THOMPSON, CAROLINA PANTHERS
The Panthers are not interested in trading core players such as D.J. Moore, Brian Burns, Jaycee Horn and Derrick Brown. Carolina believes that group consists of building blocks that will help jumpstart their future with a new head coach. They are open to adding more draft capital by shipping off some older veteran players like Shaq Thompson, who is the last player remaining from the team’s Super Bowl 50 lineup. He’s graded out as a top-10 linebacker against the run this year (82.8 grade).

Other names to keep an eye on:
WR Denzel Mims, New York Jets
WR Kenny Golladay, New York Giants
DI Matt Ioannidis, Carolina Panthers
Edge Clelin Ferrell, Las Vegas Raiders
CB Sidney Jones, Seattle Seahawks
Edge Tarell Basham, Dallas Cowboys
OT Isaiah Wynn, New England Patriots

Among the teams to keep a close eye on:
Philadelphia Eagles
Los Angeles Rams
Green Bay Packers
Kansas City Chiefs
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-players-to-watch-2022-trade-deadline

V
Legend
Legend
V
There are a lot of intriguing names on that list. Of course, NFL trades are not even close to being as frequent as trades in the NBA and MLB. I have my eyes on the three Denver players. Any of the three could help us a lot in the future. Denver is a hot mess right now. They gave up the farm and their future for an older Russel Wilson, who is already alienating his teammates. Their HC is probably going to be fired after just one year at the helm. They could be big-time sellers.

F
Legend
Legend
F
And Denver is stuck with Wilson until about 2026 due to the contract. I'm not too big on Bradley Chubb, great rookie season and that was about it, and he's been out more than he's been in.

Code
Regular season	Tackles	Interceptions	Fumbles
Year	Team	GP	GS	Comb	Total	Ast	Sck	TFL	QBHits	PDef	Int	Yds	Avg	Lng	TD	FF	FR
2018	DEN	16	16	60	41	19	12.0	14	21	1	0	0	0.0	0	0	2	1
2019	DEN	4	4	21	16	5	1.0	5	6	1	0	0	0.0	0	0	1	0
2020	DEN	14	14	42	26	16	7.5	9	19	0	0	0	0.0	0	0	1	0
2021	DEN	7	7	21	9	12	0.0	1	4	2	1	21	21.0	21	0	0	0
Career	41	41	144	92	52	20.5	29	50	4	1	21	21.0	21	0	4	1

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Chubb is a pretty good player, but yeah, he probably would not be on our radar. He will almost certainly will want a big contract next year, so he is probably just a one-year rental for a team vying for 'Chip. Much like Von Miller last year. Nice to dream, though.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 10/27/22 09:23 AM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
This guy was mentioned in the article. Denver is almost certainly a "seller." I think he would make sense for the Browns. Probably a lot of other teams, too. But, one can hope.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

This is an opinion, but there is absolutely no evidence to give credence to that opinion. As I have tried to show you, the 4-2-5 wants a big, heavy guy in the middle. It's sad that you and a handful of others have reached the point where you are willing to make things up in order to build up the momentum to have men get fired. These men have families and have worked their entire lives to get to this point. Presenting facts is one thing. Fabricating things like you and the other fans of an ex-player do is quite another. It's shameful.

VERS WRITES: "As I have tried to show you, the 4-2-5 wants a big, heavy guy in the middle."

Pit, Willie and Steve...VERS is actually agreeing with us, to run Woods 4-2-5, you want those 330# DTs who can bench 225/33 times (for example).

While everyone agrees on the need for Big Eaters playing DT when playing in Woods 4-2-5 defense...HOW DARE WE QUESTION how the Browns actually ended up with UNDERSIZED DTs that weigh 301, 290, 291 & 290..?

Woods and Berry have had 3 seasons to build a defense that now ranks 24th in the NFL at stopping the run.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN..?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
mac, I have been saying we need a bigger DT or even DT long before the season even started.

I wasn't questioning you on that. I am questioning that you think Woods has a voice in picking the players and that he told Berry that he wants smaller DTs. There is absolutely no evidence of those conversations taking place. Furthermore, given what the 4-2-5 needs from its interior line, I find it next to impossible that Woods wants smaller dudes in the middle.

We don't have to agree on the coaching staff, but at least play fair.

Legend
Legend
Actually, it has been stated numerous times by our front office that all of these sorts of decisions are collaborative in nature. Now, true, that does not specifically mean that they want smaller DT's, but if we have nothing but smaller DT's and it is a collaborative effort, then the extrapolation isn't too difficult.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Never let facts get in the way of a good football take. Especially while accusing others of fabrication

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I won't argue about it. Posters can decide for themselves about whether or not Woods wants small DTs who are not good at clogging the middle and eating up blocks to compensate the fact that much of the rest of the defense consists of smaller, faster guys in the 4-2-5. I posted an article about it earlier that was meant to be educational after Homes asked me a question. Posters can google "defensive tackles in 4-2-5" and read tons of articles about the subject and decide for yourselves whether or not you believe Woods wants smaller DTs.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Back to the possible trades theme of the thread.

The Giants traded former first round pick Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs for a conditional 3rd and a 6th round pick. Dude was very good for awhile, but hasn't been playing or practicing. Must have been problems between him and the team due to reasons beyond his ability. He could be huge for KC.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Back to the possible trades theme of the thread.

The Giants traded former first round pick Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs for a conditional 3rd and a 6th round pick. Dude was very good for awhile, but hasn't been playing or practicing. Must have been problems between him and the team due to reasons beyond his ability. He could be huge for KC.

Yes it feels like most of the posts should have been moved to the Joe Woods thread

I almost asked the refs a day or two back to move my comments to that thread

as far as Hunt and Greedy, I'm thinking nothing will happen until after the Monday night game

V
Legend
Legend
V
I could be dead wrong, but I kinda doubt Greedy gets traded. Doesn't seem we would get adequate value. You can't have too many corners. Also, Ward's concussion issues are scaring me.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 10/27/22 07:19 PM.
Legend
Legend
If nothing else, Ward's concussions issues are reason #1 we should NOT be looking to trade Greedy, even if that rookie and others are stepping up and looking Ok. We're deep back there, but we're not so deep that we can toss guys away while others are injured.

Browns is the Browns

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It seems more and more to me that although our FO hasn't given up on this season, at least they won't admit it, moves that we might make at the trade deadline will be done with an eye towards next season. If we lose Monday night, I think everyone will come to the realization that this season is toast. Might as well acquire the most talent we can and or draft picks for '23. IMO if Ward keeps getting these concussions, he may just decide to call it quits. They're nothing to be fooling around with and I wouldn't want to see him permanently injured.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 10/27/22 07:52 PM.
1 member likes this: AZBrown
Legend
Legend
Mac, Elliott was asked to gain weight this off-season. He came in at nearly 330 pounds. The other guys are on the lighter side.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
so far a lot of smoke... not much movement... still a few days left.....

<><

#gmstrong
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
The Bills need to get Hunt, do what ya gotta do

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
If nothing else, Ward's concussions issues are reason #1 we should NOT be looking to trade Greedy, even if that rookie and others are stepping up and looking Ok. We're deep back there, but we're not so deep that we can toss guys away while others are injured.

Agreed. If Greedy is actually on the trading the block, then my guess is that the FO thinks they can replace his production easily. Just because a guy is not going to be here next year (which I expect Greedy to not be) doesn't mean you dump him and create a hole on the roster. Maybe the FO doesn't think he would leave much of a hole if he were to be gone?

I did not see the BAL game and only saw the 1st half against NE. What I saw from Greedy was what I saw a lot of him last year. Leaving a big cushion. On 3rd and 6 he lines up 12 yards off the receiver. Easy 1st down after easy 1st down. That said, I'd rather we kept him for the rest of the year. Doubtful we found someone better to finish the season.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
or, perhaps with as bad of a start as we've had, it doesn't make a difference at all whether or not we trade Greedy while risking being without Ward.
I mean, after all, what's gonna happen... we blow some coverages??

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: Jester
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

After some early struggles, the Browns pass defense has improved. It's not great, but they rank 14th overall out of the 32 teams.

I also don't think Greedy is as bad as many think he is. I'd keep him.

Legend
Legend
He isn't terrible by any means, he just hasn't been as good as hoped and he's had availability issues.

The pass defense has been putrid, and it is a sample size of one as far as them "improving". Perhaps not coincidentally, it is also the number of games Ward has missed lately and it has been his name on a lot of the blown plays.
How they're only as low as 14 is mildly amazing.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

5 realistic Browns trade targets with Tuesday's deadline approaching
Share this article
453 shares
share tweet email

Cory Kinnan
October 27, 2022 4:25 pm ET

The Cleveland Browns are more than likely going to be sellers as this year’s trade deadline approaches. However, they will never bat an eye at an opportunity to acquire young talent in need of a change of scenery either.

While it was draft day, general manager Andrew Berry made a move to go up and get Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. This Spring he sent shockwaves through the league, acquiring wide receiver Amari Cooper for just a fifth round pick. This also does not include the massive trade he made this past Spring to upgrade at quarterback as well.

Berry has also been known to make low-risk trades as well. Swapping linebacker Mack Wilson for pass rusher Chase Winovich was a non-consequential move made, as was acquiring linebacker Deion Jones for a pick swap.

As the deadline approaches, the Browns will have the opportunity to both make non-consequential trades and acquire young talent. Here are five realistic trades the Browns could make to add talent to their roster.

One massive point to hammer home when discussing prospective trades is that Berry will not go after expiring contracts. Double paying (trading assets just to turn around and pay the player) is not in the wheelhouse of this analytically-minded front office.

The only time Berry has done this was with the recent trade for Jones, where he swapped a sixth rounder for Jones and a seventh, then terminated the last year of the deal to make him a free agent. This philosophy is going to exclude players like defensive tackle Da’Ron Payne and tight end Mike Gesicki from the conversation of trade targets from the Browns.

Berry targets players that were paid during a previous market and now look underpaid (Cooper) or young players with years left on their rookie deals (safety Ronnie Harrison is a prime example here). With these parameters set, here are the five players who fit the mold should the Browns go shopping before Tuesday’s trade deadline.

DT Milton Williams, Philadelphia Eagles

Expect the Philadelphia Eagles to call on running back Kareem Hunt. Howie Roseman and Berry have a great relationship, and the Eagles are amid a Super Bowl run. Miles Sanders has been great this season, and adding another change of pace in Hunt could push their offense to a new level.

If they do call on Hunt, there are two defensive tackles worth checking in on. Javon Hargrave is also on an expiring contract like Hunt, so the Browns could swap rental for rental. However, given that the Browns are more than likely looking toward 2023, a young player still under contract makes more sense.

Enter Milton Williams.

Drafted in the third round last year, the athletic specimen has not quite found his footing yet. Yes, Hargrave is set to be a free agent at the end of the season, but they still have Fletcher Cox and Jordan Davis to start inside. Additionally, Marlon Tuipulotu has been getting almost an equal amount of snaps as Williams.

Given the deficiencies in the defensive tackle room, adding a young one who still has two years beyond 2022 on his contract is not a bad idea for the Browns to pursue.

WR K.J. Hamler, Denver Broncos

Speaking with individuals plugged in around the Broncos, I get the sense that K.J. Hamler is a more likely target to be traded than Jerry Jeudy of the Denver wide receivers. The Browns have found success just triangulating Cooper, tight end David Njoku, and Donovan Peoples-Jones, but they are still missing a key piece: a horizontal extension of the run game.

Yes, Hamler is a threat to take the top off of the defense, but he is slippery and elusive with the football in his hands as well. Currently, the screen game of the Browns revolves almost completely around their backs, with the occasional look to Njoku as well. Getting a guy who can handle end-arounds and screens the way they thought 2021 third round pick Anthony Schwartz would be able to could take an already top-10 offense to another new height.

Hamler is still under contract for another year beyond this season as well after being selected in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft. And a bonus to adding Hamler? He has an extensive history of returning punts during his time at Penn State.

S Xavier Woods, Carolina Panthers

The Carolina Panthers have already proven capable of offloading talented players for draft picks. Just last week they received a haul from the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for running back Christian McCaffrey. As they continue to tear it down and rebuild after the tumultuous Matt Rhule era, they could continue to ship off talented players for draft picks.

As the Browns look for answers in their safety room, they could look at other rosters, and the Panthers have a talented one in Xavier Woods. Just 27 years old, Woods signed a contract with the Panthers this offseason and is under contract until 2024. Trading Woods would also only cost the Panthers $1.6 million in dead cap.

John Johnson III has been bad, Grant Delpit has been worse, and Ronnie Harrison is set to be a free agent after the season (and is also bad). This is not just about the 2022 season in the safety room, but a veteran presense who has been a positive force this season is what the Browns need both on and off the field.

DE Al-Quadin Muhammad, Chicago Bears

The Chicago Bears already shipped off one pass rusher, why not another? The Browns could find themselves interested in Al-Quadin Muhammad, should the Bears also continue to look for draft assets to build their young team. A trade for Muhammad could be a similar move to the one with the Atlanta Falcons for Jones.

Muhammad has one year left on his contract beyond this season, but no guaranteed money. For the price of a late-round pick swap, as they did with Jones, the Browns may also be able to acquire the services of Muhammad.

Given that they will only have three defensive ends under contract beyond 2022, having a veteran as the fourth could take pressure off of Isaiah Thomas, who would be thrust into a massive role otherwise. Muhammad has not quite graded out well in 2022 but found a productive role previously when with the Indianapolis Colts.

TE Tommy Tremble, Carolina Panthers

And we are back to the Panthers.

They paid Ian Thomas this offseason, and have two others Stephen Sullivan and Giovanni Ricci still on the roster. For a team that is tearing it down to the foundation, how important is Tommy Tremble to the Panthers?

With the injury to Njoku, even if it is only for one game, the Browns could look for a tight end on the trade market. Pharaoh Brown also finds himself in the concussion protocol, leaving Harrison Bryant as the only healthy tight end on the roster.

And Bryant has not been a particularly bright spot for the Browns this year either with one season left on his deal beyond 2022. Tremble is athletic, a good pass catcher going back to his days at Notre Dame, and a lethal blocker. The Browns still run a great deal of 12 personnel with some 13 mixed in as well.

Having depth at the tight end position when there currently is not is a bad thing. Entering the 2023 season as well, do not be shocked to see a new face in the room regardless.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lis...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

1 member likes this: bbrowns32
V
Legend
Legend
V

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Pretty easy to improve your pass defense ranking when the other teams are not passing so much as they run it for over 200-yards down your throat. I get the building on a positive, but this is really just a false narrative wouldn't you think?

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by steve0255
Pretty easy to improve your pass defense ranking when the other teams are not passing so much as they run it for over 200-yards down your throat. I get the building on a positive, but this is really just a false narrative wouldn't you think?
How dare you question the "poster" of all time?

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
It'll be interesting to see how many snap Hunt gets on Monday night, I wouldn't be suprised if he is a healthy scratch, which would tell you a trade is imminent

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by boofers20
It'll be interesting to see how many snap Hunt gets on Monday night, I wouldn't be suprised if he is a healthy scratch, which would tell you a trade is imminent

That is why I won't play him in my fantasy leagues. I don't want to get to Monday night and find we aren't playing him or he has just been traded.

On a sidenote, him being traded would be good from that standpoint. He should get more work if he is traded, and so would Chubb, who I also have. It will also vindicate my keeping DJ on my roster as I have been expecting a trade of Hunt. Now DJ should get some work.

Worst that happens is no trade happens, and that really isn't all that bad, I still have Hunt on my real team for at least another 10 games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I really hate all the Hunt trade talks. I'd rather keep Chubb and Hunt together. But then again Stefanski doesn't seem to be utilizing them both to their fullest potential.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd take a 2024 4th round pick for Hunt.

Also, the Eagles are going to really good for some time with all those picks. Sheesh.

T
Legend
Legend
T
(edit: not directed at any one in particular but)
Time to stop spinning the truth of the outcomez of the decizionz of this thumbsdown franchise.

sTOP sPINNING REALITY to excuse the inepitute of this liarville franchise.

If the Browns trade Kareem Hunt, mid year...It would e@ual =====the Browns would become as useless as the Detroit lions.

Force Haslam to sell the team.

(He can't stand up to peer pressure from the other owners anyway, and doing ^ that^ would be more proof of it. ) ( The same was cutting Baker.)

Last edited by THROW LONG; 10/30/22 01:00 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
I'd give up a 2024, or 2023 for that matter, 4th round pick to only just to keep Kareem Hunt on the team for the remainder of THIs year.

no more next years only This year matters.

If the Browns can't keep their team together they are a

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
If the Browns continue to trade Known good things
for known bad things, then maybe it is time to stop broadcasting the Browns
on television and other media.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Wow, sounds like this FO is throwing in the towel this season. Quiters.
They tried to tell you that Jacoby INCONCEIVABLE Brissett is a viable option at @uarterback.

so OF COURsE they threw in the Towell, only @uestion is WHEN.

relevant as the detroit lions.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns possibly looking to trade Kareem Hunt and Greedy.

Link Copied to Clipboard