Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I really don’t get the gay conspiracy twist with the MAGA GOPer loonie’s. As if an argument in a gay bar gives team crazy the right to pummel somebody nearly to death in his own home.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
So he blamed it on the democrats rather than what he helped inspire that contributed to what happened. Not surprising.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's never been about validity. Only to pwn the dems.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Really? No prayers? Just A “terrible thing” that ‘s it? And he helped create the “terrible thing”. And then he basically called out the Dems for causing it as the party of lawlessness. LOL pffft. Your hero.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So he blamed it on the democrats rather than what he helped inspire that contributed to what happened. Not surprising.

I guess if your takeaway from a psychopath that attacks someone with a hammer is that he would have been normal if Trump stayed out of the White House...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE

I guess if your takeaway from a psychopath that attacks someone with a hammer is that he would have been normal if Trump stayed out of the White House...

My takeaway is that there are certainly psychopaths within our society. Inspiring those psychopaths to act on their thoughts certainly contributes to the problem. And this is from your own source, not mine....

The former president addressed the violent assault at the Pelosis’ home in San Francisco while discussing rising crime rates in what he called “Democrat-run cities.”

I didn't make it up. Why should I act like it didn't happen? It's his typical bait and switch con game. "It's terrible that this happened but what do you expect in a democrat run city?"

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
rofl yeah ok, Doctor Fate. You nor I have any idea what snapped in this lunatic. I will wager a guess that the rhetoric put out by extreme right wing candidates and their minion loonies these days has just a little bit to do with this minion’s actions. #whereisnancy #firePelosi

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

My takeaway is that there are certainly psychopaths within our society. Inspiring those psychopaths to act on their thoughts certainly contributes to the problem. And this is from your own source, not mine....

The former president addressed the violent assault at the Pelosis’ home in San Francisco while discussing rising crime rates in what he called “Democrat-run cities.”

I didn't make it up. Why should I act like it didn't happen? It's his typical bait and switch con game. "It's terrible that this happened but what do you expect in a democrat run city?"

Just curious... Is it Trump's fault he was being interviewed about rising crime rates?

"Trump was asked about the incident involving Pelosi in the greater context of rising crime rates across the US during Friday’s interview at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida."

Weren't you, I, and a few others railing against cherry-picking and pulling quotes out of context? The interview was about crime rates. More specifically, Illinois ending cash bail and the affect of letting career criminals, and violent offenders with mental issues, out on the street. Apparently, then the subject of Paul Pelosi came up.

I suspect no one on the left would be satisfied unless Trump booked time on CNN and specifically blamed himself.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I see what you're saying regarding the psychopaths. I think what we have to admit though is that the psychopaths have been galvanized over the last two years in a way we haven't really seen before. I can't speak for Pit, but that's what concerns me.

And ignore Perfect. You're not going to have a valuable back-and-forth there. He doesn't realize he's part of the problem.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The question about what happened to Pelosi had nothing to do with crime rates. Until of course trump tied what happened to Pelosi into democrats controlling the city where it happened.

You seem to be suggesting that an interview only pertains to one topic and that an interviewer limits their questions to one topic alone. That isn't what happened here.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I will say in Perfects defense you certainly seem to refuse to hold trump accountable for sewing and cultivating the culture and misinformation that leads to things like this and Jan. 6th. As though inspiring and motivating these nut jobs to act out has nothing to do with it. All one needs to do is look at all of this guys social media posts to see that trump's election denials and right wing conspiracy theories helped inspire him.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05

I see what you're saying regarding the psychopaths. I think what we have to admit though is that the psychopaths have been galvanized over the last two years in a way we haven't really seen before. I can't speak for Pit, but that's what concerns me.

And ignore Perfect. You're not going to have a valuable back-and-forth there. He doesn't realize he's part of the problem.

Psychopaths have been galvanized over the ease of the "15 minutes". Psychopaths have been galvanized by social media. It started with 24 hour news cycles showing violent content on loop and has transgressed to the very thing we've discussed recently... you made the perfect post today... media promoting extremes as the norm when the majority can't give two $h*ts.

I just don't understand how people I consider to be intelligent, have exhibited themselves as being intelligent, are still trying to act like it is all one side. And that anybody that supports anything even leaning "right" is a MAGA GOPer, and in essence, responsible for all the violence.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
True dawg. I have to lower myself many levels to have any kind of conversation with the trump minions around here. Having a meaningful conversation with anyone who defends trump and other GOP elected officials who incite violence against US citizens and opposition elected officials is tedious because there is nothing I can possibly say that would persuade them to condemn trump and his “Team Crazy”. Can’t fix stupid. And I’m called the lamebrain.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
There's a vast difference in being "responsible for all the violence" and being a big contributing factor in a lot of it. More and more far right, election denying Republicans are running for and being elected. Pretending that isn't a contributing factor in all of this undoing of democracy and social unrest by what I see as otherwise intelligent people is beyond me as well.

I mean trump even held a rally, worked up a crowd and TOLD them to march to the capital and you seem to act like that had nothing to do with what happened? That those on the right saying the left had stolen the elction and were taking their country away has nothing to do with this? Really? Come on now.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
And that anybody that supports anything even leaning "right" is a MAGA GOPer, and in essence, responsible for all the violence.
Such as? I used to call myself a Republican. I’m listening. Let’s test your theory.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I certainly don't think you are responsible. I never meant to even infer such. However, I do agree with you that I'm intelligent wink

I do agree that psychopaths have been galvanized and that the cable news cycle is at fault for the lion's share of it. It may just be that the left is further behind on the timeline, but with the far right devolving to the point of January 6th, formulating assassination plots for governors, and breaking into politicians' homes and assaulting their elderly spouses to the point of needing cerebral procedures, I think that ice berg tip has made its way above the water, and it needs attention. To combat that notion, you would at least expect widespread, public condemnation instantly from all figures on the right, vs the misinformation and trolling that has run rampant that actually fans the flames.

I would likely believe that you and I on the issues are probably very close, based on everything I've seen on here. Where I think we differ is that I have become much more outspoken against the far right because I originally considered Republican to be my home team and now I feel like I'm watching Rachel Phelps take it over, and it irks me to my core.

To your point, I think you have been asserting that the left also has a lot of issues, and it does. That the old guard of Pelosi's and McConnell's of the world think that business as usual is the rescuing point of all this when they are the ones that started forming said iceberg in the first place. Also, many on that side do take the erred stand that those who highlight the issues on the left are therein condoning what's happening on the right. That isn't true.

To me, though, it's about putting out the worst part of the fire, first. Right now, thatis dealing with the extremism seen on the far right. Oddly enough, if that can ever be done, I bet you would find more allies in people that you argue with on here, like OCD and Pit, when it comes to refocusing on getting the left back in shape too.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
True dawg. I have to lower myself many levels to have any kind of conversation with the trump minions around here. Having a meaningful conversation with anyone who defends trump and other GOP elected officials who incite violence against US citizens and opposition elected officials is tedious because there is nothing I can possibly say that would persuade them to condemn trump and his “Team Crazy”. Can’t fix stupid. And I’m called the lamebrain.

He's not doing that, and you know it. You realize that your posts are 90% trolling and that you're not improving anything. That's the last I'll speak on the matter with you.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

He's not doing that, and you know it. You realize that your posts are 90% trolling and that you're not improving anything. That's the last I'll speak on the matter with you.

Lol ok gee I’ll miss u…anyways he’s not condemning trump and his minions rhetoric and conspiracy theories that trigger the violence. And I was speaking in general terms in my reply to you. Not directed towards fate alone. And If trolling in your book is calling out trump minions. So be it.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Not sure how people are tying what this lunatic did to Trump in the first place. Just because he had some political stuff on his computer. I have heard reports that this wackoo is a progressive. He is a nudist. That does not sound conservative to me. His girlfriend has stated he is a progressive. An illegal immigrant from Canada that has had multiple arrests in the past but has not been deported because of San Fransico's sanctuary city policies. The place where he lives has an LGBTQ flag and Black Lives Matter written in a window. He would not have been in California if not for the immigration policies of the left. Crime in SF has skyrocketed with Newsome's policies. I guess when you make your bed and the rooster's come home let's blame the other side?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually I think you captured the gist of it. I'm not a far left progressive. Many of my views are pretty moderate for the most part. Of course I suppose that depends on the lens one looks through. Many issues I see more as humanitarian issues many see as being political ones. So that tends to blur the lines somewhat. I do agree that it's the media that tends to focus on what these far right nut jobs regurgitate. The problem is if these politicians and crazies weren't regurgitating it to begin with they wouldn't have that fodder to spread. The seeds being sown in all of this begin with those who republican voters are actually electing. And like a cancer its spreading out of control with what we see as no real attempt to root it out of their party.

The future of our election process looks bleak to put it mildly. We are seeing more and more running for office and favored to win who believe their state elections should not have been certified. Who claim we have a fake president in office. Who believe that states can overrule their electors and replace them with electors who can certify who they wanted to win while ignoring the vote of the people. And the vast majority in the party either support these people or stay silent about it. It even concerns many Republicans at this juncture. And those people seem to be chewed up and spit out by the party these days.

Sure I don't agree with some of the Republicans former platforms. I say former because at this time it seems their only platform is pwning the libs. But honest disagreements between people over what they feel is best for their country isn't a bad thing. That's not where we are now. We are far from it. And as far as Fate goes I think he's a good poster. We don't always agree but he's a smart guy. I don't take it personally when we disagree. Of course I don't take message board fodder personal in general. A lot of people seem to.

I'm certainly not a fan of either Pelosi nor McConnell. Even though I will say that McConnell isn't a nut job like many of them so it could certainly be worse on that side of things. I'm for non lifetime politicians that aren't 70 or 80 years old. Considering the options available at the time I preferred either Pete Buttigieg or Amy Klobuchar. Although sadly the odds of a gay man being elected president in the U.S. is pretty much slim to none. I must be out of the majority in this country that wants to see a smart person become president. Pete Buttigieg certainly fit the bill.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Not sure how people are tying what this lunatic did to Trump in the first place.
Wow

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
You'll never see when you refuse to look. Nothing about him spells progressive. Nothing about his online presence spells progressive. Not everyone who lives in San Fransisco nor everyone who is a nudist is progressive. I would certainly love to see your sources that are spewing this nonsense.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You'll never see when you refuse to look. Nothing about him spells progressive. Nothing about his online presence spells progressive. Not everyone who lives in San Fransisco nor everyone who is a nudist is progressive. I would certainly love to see your sources that are spewing this nonsense.

It is the truth. It is who he is. His own girlfried said he is a progressive.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sources please. Do you mean he was progressive when she met him? When he was 20 years old? You mean 22 years ago? Because that's what she said.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
If you post your opinions on Twitter, Tik Tok, or any social media, be ready for backlash. From my experience, when it comes to social media and internet communication forms, the negative rules supreme.

The old saying, "You'll get more complaints than compliments" rings true across social media as well. People are more vocal when they disagree with something, than when they agree with it.

Funny, I pretty much say whatever I want on Twitter and have never been attacked or canceled. Maybe it's not you as much as what topic you are addressing and to who. I go after right-wingers all the time on there and nothing has ever happened like that to me.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Excerpts from the Paul Pelosi Story Elon Musk Tweeted and Then Took Down

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/excerpts-paul-pelosi-story-elon-musk-tweeted-took/

Elon trying to control the message... with some bum rag blog that was afraid to leave that garbage up.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said. That was when he was 20 years old. When she first met him. 22 years ago.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
https://people.com/politics/donald-trump-jr-mocks-paul-pelosi-hammer-attack/

Donald Trump Jr. Mocks Paul Pelosi Hammer Attack as Homophobic Conspiracy Theories Sweep Right-Wing Media
Trump Jr. shared a photo making light of the 82-year-old's life-threatening injuries, days after Pelosi underwent brain surgery to repair a skull fracture from being beaten with a hammer Just three days after Paul Pelosi was violently attacked in his San Francisco home and underwent surgery for a skull fracture, Donald Trump Jr. took to social media to mock Nancy Pelosi's husband, sharing a meme that shows a Paul "costume" consisting of a pair of underwear and a hammer.

"Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready," read the caption for the meme, which 44-year-old Trump Jr. shared to both Twitter and Instagram.

"OMG," Trump Jr. wrote in his reposts. "The internet remains undefeated."

Paul Pelosi Is Undergoing Brain Surgery After Being Attacked with Hammer in His Home: Report
Trump Jr.'s mockery comes days after the 82-year-old underwent brain surgery and treatment for facial injuries after an intruder armed with a hammer attacked him.

U.S. Capitol Police revealed that Nancy was in Washington, D.C. at the time of the overnight assault, in which the intruder "confronted the speaker's husband" and shouted, "Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?" per CNN sources. They then attempted to tie Paul up "until Nancy got home," and was still "waiting for Nancy" when police arrived, sources said.

Right-wing media sources have been rife with conspiracy theories about the Pelosi attack, some of them spurred by new Twitter owner Elon Musk, who responded to a tweet from former first lady Hillary Clinton by sharing a link to a site that once bizarrely reported Clinton had died and been replaced by a lookalike.

After Clinton wrote that it is unsurprising that "hate and deranged conspiracy theories" have lead to violence, Musk — who has 112 million followers on the platform he recently acquired — responded by linking to a website that espouses conspiracy theories.

"There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye," Musk wrote, along with a link to a false news story that suggested Paul's injuries had been caused by a male prostitute whom he'd met at a gay bar and gotten into a dispute with on the morning of the attack.

Police sources have refuted this claim and said that the two did not know one another prior to the break-in, yet the hashtag #PelosiGayLover has gained popularity among extremists who continue to push misinformation.

Musk's tweet later disappeared, though it is unclear if he deleted it or if it was removed by the platform's content moderators.

Both sides don’t pull this crap. The right wing loonies are out for violence…. to silence. The world we live in.

Deplorables will do the deplorable EVERY TIME.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sources please. Do you mean he was progressive when she met him? When he was 20 years old? You mean 22 years ago? Because that's what she said.

You are going to believe what you want. He was a nudist. I don't know of any conservative nudists. He is a Castro fan. What Conservative liked Castro. He was a commie. Guess what side actually, likes commies? Not the conservative right. But you can read into this what you want. Believe what you want. But, the truth will come out. When it does you still won't admit your wrong. But that is OK we both well know!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again that was 22 years ago.

Welcome to r/conservativenudists - The Home of Conservative nudism

https://www.reddit.com/r/conservati...ome_to_rconservativenudists_the_home_of/

And you seem to think that people who were liberal when they were 20 years old never become conservative when they get older. You're right, no matter the evidence you're going to believe what ever you want to believe.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by BADdog
trumps response is the most significant of all of them.

You keep saying that, but I haven't seen his response -- please share.

Exactly

O
Legend
Legend
O
Fate, much of the violence is 100% because of Trump. Trump's divisive rhetoric as far back as the birther movement has steadily created these lunatics. They most likely would never have acted or even think the way they think if not for the right-wing lies online and being retold in person all over this country. It would be best if the far right were just plain outlawed honestly. You want to talk that crap? Go to jail.

I'm talking about divisive hate speech, not conservativism.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/31/22 03:16 PM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Once again that was 22 years ago.

Welcome to r/conservativenudists - The Home of Conservative nudism

https://www.reddit.com/r/conservati...ome_to_rconservativenudists_the_home_of/

And you seem to think that people who were liberal when they were 20 years old never become conservative when they get older. You're right, no matter the evidence you're going to believe what ever you want to believe.

He is a Green Party activist. He is even more nutty than a progressive.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/paul-pelosi-political-attack-nudist/2022/10/30/id/1094128/

P
Legend
Legend
P
What we know about suspected Paul Pelosi attacker

The man who allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi on Friday reportedly had an active online presence in which he posted QAnon conspiracy theories and was previously a pro-nudity activist.

San Francisco police have identified the suspect as 42-year-old David DePape, who was booked on several charges, including attempted homicide, elder abuse, aggravated battery with serious bodily injury, and threatening a public official or family member.

DePape allegedly attacked 82-year-old Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), with a hammer after repeatedly asking, “Where is Nancy?”

Details that have emerged of the suspected attacker since Friday show that he was active in promoting conspiracy theories online and “very consumed by darkness.”

Here’s what else we know about DePape.

Conspiracy theories and antisemitism

DePape had a complicated political presence online, making posts that questioned the 2020 election outcome and promoted QAnon conspiracy theories.

After moving to California from British Columbia, DePape became known in Berkeley as a pro-nudity activist, protesting against rules requiring people to be clothed in public, according to The Associated Press.

He was also a “hemp jewelry maker” connected to pro-nudity activist Gypsy Taub, who pushed conspiracy theories about the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Taub’s daughter, who said DePape helped raise her until she was 13, wrote on her blog, “There is some part of him that is a good person even though he has been very consumed by darkness.”

DePape has also been tied to a number of social media accounts and blogs sharing far-right conspiracy theories.

Two blogs authored by a “daviddepape” included recent posts with antisemitic content and claims of election fraud as well as a video of Nancy Pelosi at one of former President Trump’s impeachment proceedings, according to CNN.

In some posts, the author defended former President Trump and the rapper Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, who has come under criticism for antisemitic comments.

In one post from last month, an author under DePape’s name wrote that journalists who denied the former president’s fraud claims about the 2020 presidential election “should be dragged straight out into the street and shot,” according to the AP.

Echoes of Jan. 6 Capitol riot

Police reportedly arrived at the scene to find Paul Pelosi and DePape struggling with a hammer — and before officers could tackle and disarm DePape, he allegedly took control of the hammer and assaulted Paul Pelosi with it.

Both Paul Pelosi and DePape were then transported to a local hospital. There, Paul Pelosi underwent surgery for a skull fracture and other significant injuries to his arm and hands, according to the Speaker’s spokesperson.

The suspect reportedly entered the Pelosis’ San Francisco home on Friday in search of the Speaker, who was in Washington, D.C., at the time, and shouted, “Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?”

The question is reminiscent of chants heard during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol as some rioters searched the halls for the Speaker. One rioter was sentenced to 60 days behind bars earlier this year for threatening to shoot Nancy Pelosi “in the friggin’ brain” during the insurrection.

DePape also reportedly brought zip ties with him when he entered the Pelosis’ home, another move seen from some Jan. 6 rioters who were spotted carrying zip ties into the Capitol.

The San Francisco District Attorney has said multiple felony charges will be brought against DePape on Monday, with an arraignment expected Tuesday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/371163...bduYPYgxf1D9nc0gcaIF_u5SduEPomElyyhW6_pU

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I certainly don't think you are responsible. I never meant to even infer such. However, I do agree with you that I'm intelligent wink

I do agree that psychopaths have been galvanized and that the cable news cycle is at fault for the lion's share of it. It may just be that the left is further behind on the timeline, but with the far right devolving to the point of January 6th, formulating assassination plots for governors, and breaking into politicians' homes and assaulting their elderly spouses to the point of needing cerebral procedures, I think that ice berg tip has made its way above the water, and it needs attention. To combat that notion, you would at least expect widespread, public condemnation instantly from all figures on the right, vs the misinformation and trolling that has run rampant that actually fans the flames.

I would likely believe that you and I on the issues are probably very close, based on everything I've seen on here. Where I think we differ is that I have become much more outspoken against the far right because I originally considered Republican to be my home team and now I feel like I'm watching Rachel Phelps take it over, and it irks me to my core.

To your point, I think you have been asserting that the left also has a lot of issues, and it does. That the old guard of Pelosi's and McConnell's of the world think that business as usual is the rescuing point of all this when they are the ones that started forming said iceberg in the first place. Also, many on that side do take the erred stand that those who highlight the issues on the left are therein condoning what's happening on the right. That isn't true.

To me, though, it's about putting out the worst part of the fire, first. Right now, thatis dealing with the extremism seen on the far right. Oddly enough, if that can ever be done, I bet you would find more allies in people that you argue with on here, like OCD and Pit, when it comes to refocusing on getting the left back in shape too.

Yes, if the fascist BS ends I'd be much more accepting of the right. Right now I have nothing for them but seething disgust.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Fate, much of the violence is 100% because of Trump. Trump's divisive rhetoric as far back as the birther movement has steadily created these lunatics. They most likely would never have acted or even think the way they think if not for the right-wing lies online and being retold in person all over this country. It would be best if the far right were just plain outlawed honestly. You want to talk that crap? Go to jail.

I'm talking about divisive hate speech, not conservativism.

What about Rand Paul's neighbor? Did you feel that way about him in 2017?

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Not sure how people are tying what this lunatic did to Trump in the first place.
Wow

Don't be shocked BD. He's been slow on the uptake ever since his first Q rally.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Paul Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi’s husband, attacked at couple’s home

Link Copied to Clipboard