Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Baker won more games for Freddy then this current coach I rest my case.
Also he has more all pros on offense then the rest of the division.
So no excuses 3 wins for stefanski sense Mayfield left.
Mayfield
Jordan davis
Ojabo
And a trade for Jarrett.
Would absolutely smash t his team then we could draft
Zach Harrison de
Zay flowers wr Boston College
Garrett Williams db Syracuse
Anyways these geniuses must be getting worried about there jobs.

R
Legend
Legend
R
You do know Baker Mayfield is not a good QB right?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Stefanski coaches like his seat is safe no matter what. Like he has all the time in the world.

He thinks he's safe until next year with Watson. That is unacceptable to me. I'd show the entire coaching staff the door at the end of the season. I don't care of Stefanski won COY in a covid season, NFL stands for not for long. What have you done for me lately?

I'd let Callahan take over, perhaps Sean Payton, Brian Flores. Speaking of Callahan, I wonder how often Stefanski picks his brain, if at all? I mean the man did take a team to the super bowl. Something tells me Stefanski is either an egomaniac or he's taking too much advice. Not from Callahan but Depodesta.

It all makes sense now. It's the Ivy Code. See Quantrell Bishops videos on YouTube.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
R
Legend
Legend
R
Payton would never come to Cleveland. First of all, we don't have the assets required to give to New Orleans. Second, he would never come here with Haslam and Depo here. Heck, he might not come here because of Berry. I think you could talk him into Berry, but I think it would be a hard sell.

mgh888 #1987719 11/21/22 12:29 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fire the WHOLE front office aka Berry, Depo and KS!

KS is pathetic! No fire! No sense of urgency! Nothing but a few scripted plays and he petters out!

Berry IS PATHETIC at drafting players! Ray Farmer was better! LOL!!!!!

Too bad we can't fire the DAMN owner!

WE ARE THE ORIGINAL GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

mgh888 #1987728 11/21/22 08:15 AM
Legend
Legend
The coaching staff has lost the defensive side of this team. They come out and play decent, and once the opposition makes a few adjustments they are a discombobulated, directionless mess. Game after game after game. You've got players not so subtly calling out the coaching staff in the media....and no one coming to the coach's defense! What does that tell you about the leadership? Hell, a player you expect to be one of the leaders is doing the calling out. If Sefanski doesn't have the stones to fire Woods, he's part of the problem and needs to go.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Brian Billick won a Super Bowl.

Is Mike Tomlin a good head coach?

Here is his record for the last three years:

12-4, 9-7-1, 3-7
=========================

Stefanski:

11-5, 8-9, 3-7

Stefanski vs Tomlin record 4-2

Last edited by bonefish; 11/21/22 09:26 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
Brian Billick won a Super Bowl.

Is Mike Tomlin a good head coach?

Here is his record for the last three years:

12-4, 9-7-1, 3-7

Stefanski:

11-5, 8-9, 3-7

Stefanski vs Tomlin record 4-2

Oh, I love this kind of BS comparison excuse for Stefanski. Tomlin is in his 16th season - how many losing season's has Tomlin had during that timeframe? Answer: zero to date - 2022 may be his first ever. How many losing seasons for Stefanski? Answer: on pace to have 2 of 3 seasons with a losing record. In Stefanski's career with the Browns, how many years has he made the playoffs? Answer: only 1. Same question for Tomlin: Since joining the Steelers in 2007, he has led the team to ten playoff runs 66.7%, seven division titles 46.6%, three AFC Championship Games 20%, two Super Bowl appearances 13.3%, and a title in Super Bowl XLIII.

Even speaking of Stefanski in the same breath as Tomlin as a HC is an absolute joke. Pittsburgh may be down this year but what's the confidence level outside this forum as to the coach that will turn their misfortunes around? Outside this bias forum, 99% of people would say Tomlin has a better chance of righting the ship. Thanks for the joke comparison though - made me laugh real hard and needed that after watching the Browns Sunday.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Now I'm confused.
You told us all summer that this was one of the most talented rosters in the league.Here you are telling us that KS is a good head coach.How do you explain a good HC + a talented roster equating to a 3-7 record?

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Really?

But it is ok to judge KS in his first three years?

OK total BS.

But it is ok to say "what have you done lately when you want it to?"

Last edited by bonefish; 11/21/22 10:27 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Really?

OK total BS

Absolutely. Most talented roster in 2022 as stated in this forum: upgrade at WR (Cooper), upgrade at QB by two players (Watson & Brissett), top 5 defense, best RB combo in the league, best OL in the NFL, DE bookends second to none, and got rid of the cancerous QB that cost Stefanski the 2021 season that's equated to 3 wins in 10 games so far in 2022 - damn right KS should be judged and seriously judged.

mgh888 #1987753 11/21/22 10:39 AM
All Pro
All Pro
When the owners have a tendency to make irrational, emotional and unexpected decisions they make the rest of the organization anxious and indecisive. You become a product of your environment and with that follows leaders who’re not strong enough to take individual decisions based on their own knowledge and experience.

This is why I suspect that the working environment inside Berea isn’t healthy and isn’t built on trust and loyalty.

It’s obvious that the Browns needs changes among their coaches. It’s not so much about finding a scapegoat but more a matter of showing that with bad results comes accountability. If Kev Stefanski had working inside a healthy and stable organization then he would have the confidence and authority to make decisive changes without worrying about the consequences.

Andrew Berry show similar limitations. His leadership is shadowed by the owners and it’s hard to find a reasonable logic in his decision making.

First he show decisiveness by moving on from Baker. Then his organization get rejected by Watson but Berry isn’t strong enough to take notice with all the red flags so when the Haslams move on with a guaranteed $230m contract nobody around the owners challenge this decision and from that moment they’re all prisoner of bad decision making. Anybody with more then two brain cells could tell that the NFL would never allowed Watson to be a major factor for the Browns in 2022. The season was practically over since Mars and that’s why the whole organization acts crippled when results doesn’t go as expected.

Andrew Berry and Kev Stefanski needs to take command of their own future if they wants to continue as a GM and HC. They live and die with their results. Kev is probably a excellent OC but in a situation like this he needs to focus on being a HC. If Kev isn’t strong enough to fire J Woods then Berry needs to show decisiveness and take action.

A few more losses and no significant changes when Watson is back and there’s a chance that the train has left the station when the season is over and that without our GM and HC.

Rishuz #1987756 11/21/22 10:47 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Payton would never come to Cleveland. First of all, we don't have the assets required to give to New Orleans. Second, he would never come here with Haslam and Depo here. Heck, he might not come here because of Berry. I think you could talk him into Berry, but I think it would be a hard sell.

Who would sit at the head of the table...Jimmy Haslam or Sean Peyton..?

Haslam would have to hand over the seat at the head of the table to Peyton...and then allow Peyton to run the franchise as he see fit.

Jimmy Haslam is still trying to live out his fantasy and would never allow anyone to challenge his authority...jmho

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
If you can not see the player failures on this team then you are not looking.

But you have no problem naming players who are busts.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If players are failing on the field, who's responsible for that failure? If the players are not performing up to skill level for Stefanski in 2022, what makes you think they will in 2023? In rebuttal, I have named those players as failures as well as what I see as busts. The issue becomes when people won't accept those opinions. When I talk about the OL tackle positions being a huge issue going into 2023, I get they are adequate. When I talk about the highest paid CB in football stinking up the joint, I get he has potential. When I talk about the HC not doing his job because he's not just the OC, I get that he's not the DC. When I point out that when you compare Baker 2021 to Brissett 2022, the injured Baker has clearly outperformed Brissett to date, I get called a Baker Boy.

You don't want to hear about the Browns failures or busts. You're just looking for an excuse or someone to blame for the FO and Stefanski's clear shortcomings. Last year it was all Baker's fault. This year it's all Woods fault. The only constant is Berry and Stefanski and you refuse to hold them to the same level of accountability. I don't have that problem. Excuses are like azzholes, everybody has one and Stefanski and Berry are the poster children of excuses.

Legend
Legend
"You don't want to hear about the Browns failures or busts."

Perhaps you need to go back read what I have written.

" Last year it was all Baker's fault. This year it's all Woods fault."

Again perhaps you need to go back and read what I have written.

Every post you write is always coming from the same point of reference before a word is written. Then you frame your post around that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Really?

OK total BS.

But it is ok to say "what have you done lately when you want it to?"

Some say going down with a sinking ship is an admirable quality. Others realize that the end result is you drown. I'll send you a snorkel.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
thx
I have a scuba tank

P
Legend
Legend
P
Cool. Make sure you keep it full.

You see, some such as yourself claim it's not a HC's job to keep his players motivated. Yet all of us who have watched the NFL for decades know that's not true. We've watched it with our own eyes that good and the great HC's in the NFL actually do that.

Basic job responsibilities seem to escape some such as yourself. The chain of command seem to escape you. Just as a refresher course here.

The HC is in charge of the entire team. Not one side of the ball.

He hires HIS coaching "staff". They work under and through his authority. As such he is responsible for the outcome and performance of the staff he has hand picked and hired.

Trying to dance around that is something that can easily be seen through.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Thank for your expertise.

I am truly humbled.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Reality can sometimes work that way.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Oh wise oracle which way did he go?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Could you explain one thing in my post that was incorrect?

Are you claiming that good and great HC's don't motivate their players?

Is the HC not responsible for the coaches HE hired and is the boss of?

While we keep hearing how "the offense is fine" as some reason Stefanski is a good HC, there's really nothing about the HC'ing duties or responsibilities to back up that claim. So if you could just pause from being a smart ass long enough to address the questions that would be nice.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That is something that you will never see on this forum. Chastising forum posters with different opinions - you betcha but answers to real questions - not in your lifetime.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jfanent
The coaching staff has lost the defensive side of this team. They come out and play decent, and once the opposition makes a few adjustments they are a discombobulated, directionless mess. Game after game after game. You've got players not so subtly calling out the coaching staff in the media....and no one coming to the coach's defense! What does that tell you about the leadership? Hell, a player you expect to be one of the leaders is doing the calling out. If Sefanski doesn't have the stones to fire Woods, he's part of the problem and needs to go.

I will agree if it doesn't happen. We just might disagree on when. I don't think doing that now would help anything.

Do you?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
mgh888 #1987864 11/21/22 06:28 PM
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Just a quick question re: Watson and his potential impact on Stefanski

I have not followed Watson or his previous team. That being said wtf happened for them to go 4-12 when Watson had his best season? His prior two season were very good and Watson’s record as a starter was 11-5 and 10-5. Are we really sure that we can count on high production turning into wins next year?

Last edited by Bird; 11/21/22 06:31 PM.
Legend
Legend
I think I have stated quite clearly in this thread and the Joe Woods thread what my position is.

I started with the end of the 2021 season. I made it clear that there is blame to go around.

Motivation. Players are motivated. Coaches are motivated. If you think "win one for the Gipper" before a game is going to motivate a professional football player for a game. And that is going to sustain them somehow. Then believe it. I do not believe that anyone involved in professional sports or for that matter amateur sports wants to lose. That is motivation. NFL football is a business. The people involved are dedicated.

Coaches don't walk around spouting motivation speeches. Slogans are all over the walls. Motivation is in the weight room and on the practice field.

Talent, smart planning, and proper preparation wins games.

Nothing lasting is accomplished when you do not correct problems. Firing everyone when identified problems can be corrected is not a solution.

Patience in ownership when you make hiring decisions works better than emotional knee jerk reactions.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I will agree if it doesn't happen. We just might disagree on when. I don't think doing that now would help anything.

Do you?

Yes, it would show that Stefanski has a set and is the leader a HC is supposed to be. Woods has already lost this defense, and Stefanski's on the verge of losing the team. Keeping Woods is a disaster. He should have been canned weeks ago. Same crap for almost 3 years, I don't know what the hesitation is.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
I tend to agree. When d players are vaguely calling out the do coach............uh, yeah, the d coach has lost the d.

At least Woods hasn't, to my knowledge, come out and said "the Bills didn't do what we thought they'd do....."

Legend
Legend
Browns, Steelers, Jaguars, Raiders, Broncos, Rams, all 3-7

Panthers, Bears, 3-8, Texans are 1-8-1,

Who gets fired?

"The only stat that actually matters is the win/loss column. Everything else is just putting lipstick on a pig.

And there are a few posters on this board that have a huge investment in lipstick."

Legend
Legend
Funny that you just posted that, I was just looking at the draft order.

If the season ended today, Houston would draft 1st overall and also have our #7 pick.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
All Pro
All Pro
A

Do you?

Yes, it would show that Stefanski has a set and is the leader a HC is supposed to be. Woods has already lost this defense, and Stefanski's on the verge of losing the team. Keeping Woods is a disaster. He should have been canned weeks ago. Same crap for almost 3 years, I don't know what the hesitation is.

This season is as challenging as Bud Carson's second season was, if not worse, and he was fired midway through. I think the D is on pace to be worse than the Season From Hell year of 1990 (28.8 ppg, 462 points).

Go Browns!
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Floquinho
When the owners have a tendency to make irrational, emotional and unexpected decisions they make the rest of the organization anxious and indecisive.
stop

I don't need to read any more after that.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Originally Posted by Floquinho
When the owners have a tendency to make irrational, emotional and unexpected decisions they make the rest of the organization anxious and indecisive.
stop

I don't need to read any more after that.

What changes is needed from your perspective?
When to do it?

mgh888 #1987910 11/22/22 12:48 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Today I think Ztevanzki iz the bezt coach the Brownz have had zince Mike Pettine.
The day iz almost over, ten more minutez.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Legend
Legend
B

Do you?

Maybe so. Who would take over?

I just don't see the point at this point. You really couldn't change the scheme.

I don't want to keep the guy. I just don't see how doing that now would do any good other than satisfy fans who are out for blood.

JMO

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Who would take over ?

That is also part of Stefanski's job. Maybe berry too. I've read and seen coaches talking about always having a staff list.

When Hue was fired mid season, Todd Haley was also fired as OC. We found replacements... It worked out pretty well.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1987929 11/22/22 08:26 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jmo...the Browns ownership and management are just trying to get through the season with the hope that some wins with Watson will help get minds off of the present mess...then they can make some changes in a more orderly and normal way.

Problem is, now it's the players themselves speaking out, beginning to question the entire franchise and their lack of urgency, allowing another season of their careers to be wasted in Cleveland.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend

Do you?

Maybe so. Who would take over?

I just don't see the point at this point. You really couldn't change the scheme.

I don't want to keep the guy. I just don't see how doing that now would do any good other than satisfy fans who are out for blood.

JMO

I'm not piling on and out for blood. I want to STOP the bleeding. The players themselves are trashing the guy in the press and it's only going to get worse. We'd be doing both Woods and the team a favor by letting him go.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: mgh888
mac #1987958 11/22/22 10:16 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by mac
jmo...the Browns ownership and management are just trying to get through the season with the hope that some wins with Watson will help get minds off of the present mess...then they can make some changes in a more orderly and normal way.

Problem is, now it's the players themselves speaking out, beginning to question the entire franchise and their lack of urgency, allowing another season of their careers to be wasted in Cleveland.

This. Plus, Stefanski has lost the team. How do you move forward with that?

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Kevin Stefanski

Link Copied to Clipboard