Next Thread
Print Thread
#1999779 01/13/23 08:05 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Damn.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/12/health/reversing-aging-scn-wellness/index.html

I may try and find this lab. Then sneak in and take some of that stuff.

How cool would that be? Social Security would be in trouble they would be paying me for a long time.

2 members like this: EveDawg, Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know. You would still be an " old soul" and have a "old" mind. After time I don't think one would get along, or fit in all that well.

Not to mention you would have to go back to work. Unless you have generational type wealth, you would run out of money sooner or later. Living only on SS isn't the way to live.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I don't know that I would want to live a super exteded life span. Plus, you could go through a lot of treatments, and get hit by a bus the next day. crazy

Whenever God calls me home is fine by me.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Way to analytical.

I would just start having the fun that goes along with a young body.

Ya know what I mean?

I could go back and be the fly fisherman I was with fresh legs.

Like the movie "Cocoon." I am in the pool first.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Yep.

Legend
Legend
That was pretty interesting. I've been struggling with the whole "mortality" thing the past few years. Finally getting to the "whenever God calls me home" place as well.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by AZBrown

Yep.

Add me to that list!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
We beat the grim reaper by living well. Not by living long.

I’ve been in the face of mortality as a hospice nurse for nearly 18 years now. I’ve had many conversations with families about ‘the process’. I’ve shed tears with families, and behind closed doors. I’ve shaken it all off, compartmentalizing it carefully, before entering my home and my studio so that I can live my life unweighted.
That said, as I turned 50 this past year I’ve felt the first twinge of ‘I may not have much time left, so get after it!’. My clock speed has wound up. It’s part of what drives me to keep working harder in the studio. My art is my legacy. I’ve only got a limited time to put out into the world that which is within me. Turning 50 was my first real reminder of that.
None of us know how much time we have. Go get after it people. What ever your it is.

I had a conversation last week with a client. She just turned 100. She’s sharp as a tack and still cares for herself for the most part. She was having a little bit of a down day. Feeling tired and blue so I spent some time with her. We talked about her childhood and such. She never had ever thought she’d see 100. I posed to her “I bet when you were 73 you thought you were old.?.” She paused and got a wry smile as she hadn’t ever thought in those terms.
I told her in all my 25 years of nursing she’s probably the highest functioning 100 year old I’d ever met. In all of mankind she’s an an outlier. To make it to 100 is rare. Only a small fraction of a percent over all of time. Than to be functioning at her level… crazy. When she was born the average lifespan was 58.1 years old for a female.
When I saw her next she thanked me for the perspective I gave her that day. She then declined my help getting her socks on. “If I can still do it, I’m going to do it.”

Again, no one knows how much time they have left. There are things worse than death. Like living an unfulfilled life.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
When Jan 1st. hit.

I looked at that number 2023. I was like damn that is a big number. I remember as teen walking home thinking what will I be doing when 2000 comes. Hell I will be 53. I had no clue. Thought 53 was damn old.

I have been fortunate. I have worked my whole life at staying healthy. Ate well and always exercised. At 75 I swim 2 miles a week. Have no weight issue. I don't drink at all; never have.

I enjoy life and it has been a great ride. I want to keep going. If they said we need volunteers for human trials. I would do it.

I took my 10 year old grandson to school today. Told him about this news. I asked "what if you came into my room and I was ten like you."

He said "that would be way to cool."

B
Legend
Legend
B
Unless your mind reverted to being a 10 year old, it would be horrible being a 10 year old with a 74 year old mind.

LOL///.."Lets go play. Ok, but we have to stay off the grass"

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It is all fantasy to me like science fiction.

I just think what it would like to play baseball again. Being able to wade rivers again fly fishing.

Have my all my joints in working order with zero pain.

I like the idea of it and don't care about the practical side.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I would love to re-do 20's and 30's. I took those years for granted. I thought I would never get old.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wouldn't sign up for that, but I get what you are saying.

I would like to ease some of my pain. I have a ton of miles on my wheels. My speed was a big reason for getting a scholarship and the wheels have served me well. But, they are wore out.

I played football, basketball, and baseball from 7th grade through 12th. Ran track for a few years when one coach would just let me show up when for meets that didn't fall on baseball game days. LOL......that was so long ago, that I competed in the 100 yard, 220 yard, and 440 by 4 relay. I can't even remember when they switched to meters. After my day.

Played RB in college. Continued to play competitive basketball well into my late 50s. Played a ton of tennis, including city tournaments.. Played fumbleball [like softball for folks who never heard of it] into my late 40s. Ran 5Ks when I had to quit hooping when I was in my 60s. My knees are pretty much shot. Hips hurt and sometimes give out. I'm left to swimming, walking, and elliptical machine. I miss competing so, so much. I miss running fast. Hell, I still dream about playing basketball a couple of times a week.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted by AZBrown

Yep.

Add me to that list!

Lolz

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
My fingers have recently started to ache. Just in the last year or two.

Not during, but after services. And that is new. Brand new.

Many of my colleagues were mentioning this 15-20 years ago.

57 years of doing this thing since Day One/Ground Zero.
Tens upon thousands of life hours doing this demanding, repetitive, exacting thing.
Literally millions of notes hammered out in the left hand, with a universe of sound effects generated by the right arm/wrist/fingers.

This ride of mine has been more than I ever could have imagined, back when this 9 yr-old hoodrat first heard and saw this ancient instrument. I've taken part in some incredible s# over the years, but those experiences have also come at the price of other opportunities. To pursue every opportunity that was available during this incredibly fertile time would have required a full time #clemclone. I've often wondered about some of the gigs I dropped- and what they might have led to. Some of those folks have moved on to do things I'd still love to be a part of.

I'm not quite as quick as I was a few years back.
I can still use instinct and fast-twitch response to get out of technical/tactical jams... but I've learned that I can't rely on them like I used to.

And I know that I have maybe a decade of quality product left-
-but I have at least another lifetime of stuff I'd love to say.

I'd love just one more extra lifespan.
Only one... then let me bow out gracefully- with my old ass lookin' and playin' like I did when I was 40.

2... and done.
Then turn my genes off, and let me shut down.

If I could still be myself, remember my first go-round's lessons, and know my 2nd life deadline... I'd take that chance in a heartbeat.

Yep. I think twicearound would be just about right.
Anything more would be hubris- and ultimately self-destructive.

I mean: if you can't get it right with a shot at twice- you really don't merit a bid for a thrice.

Who knows? Maybe my fantasy about clem2.0 is hubris in its own right. I'm willing to accept that about myself.
Ain't never said I was perfect-

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hell you need two shots.

Once you finally figure things out. Your body revolts on you.

There is a feel about being in your prime. A power of energy to face life. A joy to looking forward to a first time date.

The feel of a woman's skin when skin feels the way it should.

I don't have a problem with aging. I am very grateful for the life I have lived. I have always felt fortunate.

But getting another shot? Hell yes. There is still so much that I would love to do. Maybe correct a wrong turn. Do something I always felt I could do and did not for whatever reason.

Life is a miracle. Hell yes I would keep going until I felt I had enough. And don't feel that way yet.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

For those of us old enough to remember the great Patsy Cline, I thought this would fit well in this thread. And most all of us this thread pertains to remembers her.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Benjamin Button

Link Copied to Clipboard